Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I wish Alec Baldwin shot me then I wouldn't have to read this drat thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

COLD POST!

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Mulaney Power Move posted:

alec isn't really rich by real rich person standards. only 60 million dollar net worth. he's still too poor to be inducted into the shadow council.

Bro shadow council ain’t what it once was. It is a shell of its former dark self.

Amarcarts
Feb 21, 2007

This looks a lot like suffering.
Multiple sources are now saying the spider was on drugs:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHzdsFiBbFc

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

ChunTheUnavoidable posted:

A crew member trying to break down the set got bitten by a non-union brown recluse, got sepsis and may lose an arm. Nice job Alec Baldwin

Lol

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Harald posted:

I wish Alec Baldwin shot me then I wouldn't have to read this drat thread

But then you wouldn’t get a chance to buy one of these awesome t-shirts!

https://www.insider.com/rust-production-mocked-camera-crew-requests-accommodation-alec-baldwin-shooting-2021-11

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

helicopters killed Colin McRae as well so gently caress helicopters

i've been in a helicopter exactly once and I don't think i'd do it ever again

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
helicopters by design are asking for a crash

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Robo Reagan posted:

helicopters by design are asking for a crash

Helicopters are an affront to God and in direct contravention to his natural laws. Their natural state is to be cast down into the pits of hell/fiery crater, but until then keep on runnin with the devil.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
why dont they make helicopters with 4 rotors like drones wouldnt that be 4x safer

or would it be 4x as dangerous :thunk:

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

They're called helicopters because they send you to hell

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

DandyLion posted:

Helicopters are an affront to God and in direct contravention to his natural laws. Their natural state is to be cast down into the pits of hell/fiery crater, but until then keep on runnin with the devil.

This guy gets it.

Splorange
Feb 23, 2011

they should just put fake rotors on and have the pilot make the vrrrrrrrrrrrrr chak-chak-chak sounds

what's the proper onomatopoeia for helicopters again? I only have flashbacks to go on.

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer

Splorange posted:

they should just put fake rotors on and have the pilot make the vrrrrrrrrrrrrr chak-chak-chak sounds

what's the proper onomatopoeia for helicopters again? I only have flashbacks to go on.

death-death-death-death-crash-boom-burn

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

I have inside sources that Alec killed lowtax

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Saalkin posted:

I have inside sources that Alec killed lowtax

alec is... good?

Murderion
Oct 4, 2009

2019. New York is in ruins. The global economy is spiralling. Cyborgs rule over poisoned wastes.

The only time that's left is
FUN TIME
Like a gun, baldwin is neither good nor evil. All that matters is where he is aimed at any given time.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Never point an Alec Baldwin at someone you do not intend to kill.

Vitamin Me
Mar 30, 2007

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

Never point an Alec Baldwin at someone you do not intend to kill.

That's basic Alec safety..also be very sure to store Alec in a locked safe when not in use

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

Aardvark! posted:

why dont they make helicopters with 4 rotors like drones wouldnt that be 4x safer

or would it be 4x as dangerous :thunk:

I'd feel much safer flying in a helicopter than a drone. Helicopters can at least autorotate if the engine fails. Drones just fall out of the sky lol

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
I grew up playing with Alec Baldwin and I teach my kids about Alec Baldwin safety. If you use Alex Baldwin the way you're supposed to then you won't have any issues. Cars still cause more deaths than Alec Baldwin in most states.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

I can't believe that in America you can just go to the shop and buy an Alec Baldwin, you guys really brought this on yourselves.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

kntfkr posted:

I grew up playing with Alec Baldwin and I teach my kids about Alec Baldwin safety. If you use Alex Baldwin the way you're supposed to then you won't have any issues. Cars still cause more deaths than Alec Baldwin in most states.

this is disingenuous and you know it, if you're going to bring up deaths from all cars then you need to compare it to deaths from all baldwin brothers

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

If we ban Alec Baldwin then only criminals will have Alec Baldwin just sayin' :shrug:

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
The Alec Baldwin lobby practically writes the laws anyway. Alec Baldwin is here to stay.

runnypoops
Mar 26, 2016

been there. done that. prove yourself to me.
This just in: Alec Baldwin is going to shoot his dick off as penance

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017
Pulling Alec's pants down in a public area bc I have the right to bare Alecs.

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
How many people died making the Lord of the rings movies? That Orlando guy went loving crazy with the bow, looked really dangerous

Vitamin Me
Mar 30, 2007

Add another lawsuit to the pile..are people smelling money?

https://us.cnn.com/2021/11/18/entertainment/rust-film-set-shooting-lawsuit-script-supervisor/index.html

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

I did fall asleep reading a particularly erotic chapter
in my grandmother's journal.

She wrote very detailed descriptions of her experiences...

StrangersInTheNight posted:

this doesn't work in your favor when the number should be zero. there's no amount of acceptable losses on movie sets from guns. this is essentially what you're arguing - the risk is so low, it's acceptable losses. gently caress no.

welcome to the thread, where people have been long pointing out that it's not just about the tool being used, but a culture of risk-taking that exists on movie sets that won't ever fully disappear. sometimes it's a gun, sometimes it's a helicopter, the reasons why are pretty much the same, management taking risks to save money. for guns, the easiest and clearest way to fully eliminate this particular risk is just to have no real guns.

a question that still has yet to be answered by the crowd so insistent in real guns on sets: why does it matter to you so much to have real guns on set?

or do you just want to insist that people are over-reacting to your perceived risk assessment? in which case here's some confetti, maybe we are over-reacting, but I'd rather keep people safe than dead. In the guns on sets debate, I'll take the 'over-reacting to save lives' side over the 'eh it's only a handful of deaths!' side, thanks.

I promise I'm not being snarky and genuinely just want to understand the exact parameters of your argument, because if the threshold of safety something has to meet is literally zero deaths in perpetuity then we really ought to reconsider if making live-action movies is worth it at all.

And hey, maybe it's not! Frankly I honestly don't think child actors should be a thing, for one. You can CGI them or write around them.

Vehicles and pyrotechnics and stunts are all things that aren't strictly necessary, either, and certainly don't meet the same safety threshold that firearms do. I mostly just want to know what exactly are we talking about getting rid of.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

I'm fine with ditching child actors. That whole concept is exploitive as hell and fucks up the kid well into adulthood 99% of the time

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Alec baldwin shot a lady

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

SidneyIsTheKiller posted:

And hey, maybe it's not! Frankly I honestly don't think child actors should be a thing, for one. You can CGI them or write around them.

Agreed. Better to horrify audiences than exploit children.

a creepy colon
Oct 28, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Nooner posted:

Alec baldwin shot a lady

she owed him money

Source4Leko
Jul 25, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Nooner posted:

Alec baldwin shot a lady

Again?

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

Nooner posted:

Alec baldwin shot a lady

this has the cadence of a Rocky and Bullwinkle exchange and I love it

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Facebook Aunt posted:

:wtc:

Linty Fresh
Oct 5, 2013

Dynastocles posted:

That's an amazing safety record, safer than fuckin airplanes, and means that when you follow the rules, things are fine.

To be fair, a lot of things in life are safer than loving airplanes. I mean, I thought loving that stripper was a mistake . . .

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Facebook Aunt posted:

How many dead children will it take to ensure I never see this again? I’ll pay any amount

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Facebook Aunt posted:

What’s that from I wanna see