Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

otoh it would have been much funnier to let starmer trip over his own dick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

OwlFancier posted:

Don't know how the gently caress people who do 12 hour days regularly manage it, I'm loving knackered.

Did it for 19 years, now i do nothing and am all the happier for it (not on the dole, just "retired").

Best wishes to all those in the medical field who work even longer than i ever did.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/UB5simon/status/1458170600606810121

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
Amazing what the uk media can find when they bother to investigate this stuff rather than writing another 5000 words of terf.txt

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face

sinky posted:

Amazing what the uk media can find when they bother to investigate this stuff rather than writing another 5000 words of terf.txt

I imagine it's "hmm the boss says I should do a story on corruption today, time do a quick search over my 15,000 unread emails from whistleblowers over the last 10 years"

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

It's going to be interesting to see who they throw under the bus to deflect attention away from Boris and others.

Shyrka
Feb 10, 2005

Small Boss likes to spin!

Remembering every teacher who used to go on at me for forgetting my homework saying that won't cut it out in the real world.

lol

lmao

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
Apparently:

https://twitter.com/iainmartin1/status/1458169556980146183?s=20

Seen a bit of conflicting info on this one

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
You'd expect a vice chairman to be adept at vices and sleaze.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
It's amazing how much the press turned out to know now that it's convenient.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
They're just being forensic and building their case.

(I think that's when you try to get as many cushy gigs as possible during good times and then pretend you didn't want them when it all goes to poo poo and you're drunk the whole time)

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Really weird that its finally this thats started to slash Boris. I guess Murdoch has finally got enough ammo to get Gove in charge?

Endjinneer
Aug 17, 2005
Fallen Rib
Is there anywhere mainstream articulating any ideas for a better way to fund our politics, or is this going to go the same way as everything else where we have two weeks of angry headlines and then chicken out of making meaningful change?
It's like the Panama/Paradise/Pandora papers- we're no longer surprised to learn that it's happening. What would be surprising is anything being done to stop it.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I don't think it really has much to do with funding, people have more money than god and they still try to get more. It's a function of them having power, you give people power and a sizeable portion of them will misuse it just because they can, because having power necessarily insulates you from consequence.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Yet another government minister where we can play play the hot new game, '14 or 40'

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
The tory who worked in the Bahamas has been referred to the standards committee for using his mp office to represent a foreign country against the UK government in court.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

serious gaylord posted:

The tory who worked in the Bahamas has been referred to the standards committee for using his mp office to represent a foreign country against the UK government in court.

I wonder if the poo poo is being poured on Cox because he was one of the more prominent anti-Brexiteers under May (and all the melts swooned over him as "Prime Ministerial" because he had a plummy voice). I think these maneuvers have got a lot more to do with arse-covering over the coming, and seemingly inevitable, collapse of the Brexit deal (such as it is), with only a side serving of setting up the sacrificial lambs so Johnson still gets his new wallpaper and everyone else gets to trough it up a bit longer.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

My guess is that team Boris is throwing those who are a potential threat under the bus.

Cox has a poo poo load of 'experience', and is 'respected' within the Tory circles. He may have been a potential 'sensible choice' option to replace the out of control Boris once he's knifed.

We've had IDS too, and he's always been a potential psychopathic leader in waiting.

You can be sure that any spotlights will stay well away from Gove.

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Nov 10, 2021

Mebh
May 10, 2010

They're... Just not that smart though.

Lt. Danger
Dec 22, 2006

jolly good chaps we sure showed the hun

fuctifino posted:

IDS too, and he's always been a potential psychopathic leader in waiting.

how soon they forget the Quiet Man... shoulda turned up the volume more

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Times on Saturday:

Boris Johnson is planning to hold a cabinet away day at Chequers next week to discuss plans to “level up” Britain, but not all of his ministers are on board.
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/chequers-away-day-irritates-ministers-chjfd56mf

And now, sorry for the tweet source, couldn't see it anywhere else:

https://twitter.com/MrHarryCole/status/1458178657848074247?s=20

He's gone/going back to Glasgow but wasn't originally going til Friday I think.

Jaeluni Asjil fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Nov 10, 2021

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

I like Harry Cole posts because I get to sit & smile at the knowledge that he's still got to write glowingly about the guy who cucked him. Very good & enjoyable.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Times on Saturday:

Boris Johnson is planning to hold a cabinet away day at Chequers next week to discuss plans to “level up” Britain, but not all of his ministers are on board.
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/chequers-away-day-irritates-ministers-chjfd56mf

And now, sorry for the tweet source, couldn't see it anywhere else:

https://twitter.com/MrHarryCole/status/1458178657848074247?s=20

He's gone/going back to Glasgow but wasn't originally going til Friday I think.

Pity the poor loving picture editor who had to go through a million photos to try and find one where the fucker's actually wearing a mask just to keep Murdoch happy.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

forkboy84 posted:

I like Harry Cole posts because I get to sit & smile at the knowledge that he's still got to write glowingly about the guy who cucked him. Very good & enjoyable.

He might be into that.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

And another thing, why would those at COP26 - presumably quite high-powered intelligent persons, need a complete arsewipe fuckwit to 'bump their heads together' for?

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Pity the poor loving picture editor who had to go through a million photos to try and find one where the fucker's actually wearing a mask just to keep Murdoch happy.

No visible poppy so presumably it's at least several weeks old

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Tarnop posted:

Its up his arse.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Noxville posted:

And he should be bloody thankful from the looks of things

https://twitter.com/bp_cena/status/1458150994555162630?s=21

Why would Starmer be thankful because Corbyn cost him an opportunity to be a dead cat for the Tories?

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

Lt. Danger posted:

how soon they forget the Quiet Man... shoulda turned up the volume more

Yeah he already was leader, don't think Boris has to worry about him cause if he tries to put himself forward they'll likely just point to the fact he never won before.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

They might not have a chance of being PM themselves, but they are both very influential people within the Tory ranks. Sending them to purgatory due to scandal is going to benefit whoever eventually takes control of the dictator's throne.

There's been a concerted effort to dumb down the party, with the MPs being made up more and more of stupid fuckers such as Ben Bradley. At the same time, the civil service has been decimated, with many of the old school pensioned off.

Expect others who also have a following within the party to be thrown under the scandal bus... apart from Gove of course....

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

I wonder how much No 10 are paying Cox to be the dead cat?

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/IamHappyToast/status/1457831864652214279

I can't stop giggling over this....

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
lol that's pretty good

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Lol I can't loving wait for kenny to be the top man and pull a full Biden on the UK.

Let article 16 RIP so this thing dies

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

From the Buttcoin thread - I’m afraid Canada has Out-Poppyfied us…

https://twitter.com/royalcdnlegion/status/1455245548525658118?s=21

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Tarnop posted:

Its under his left hand. You can see the stem.

yung lambic
Dec 16, 2011

Brexit Britain feels like that one scene in the monorail episode of the Simpsons where they’ve built the thing and everyone’s on it at break-neck speed realising it’s a piece of poo poo, but it’s actually a very slow monorail that goes on forever.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

I think that’s just life TBH

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

New limited edition Remembrance just dropped:

https://twitter.com/giantpoppywatch/status/1458329829074481159?s=20

quote:

Not only one of the most exciting infused rums to hit the British Rum scene, but a name with a message - a metaphor for life: follow what’s good and Pull The Pin on what’s not. Live life to the full, celebrate what is great!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Surprise T Rex
Apr 9, 2008

Dinosaur Gum

I... think we've forgotten.