Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Derpies

by sebmojo
It’s me the hobbit themed menu from Denny’s like a decade ago

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escape From Noise

Another idea for Reynolds: A turkey, that is in a huge burrito, or maybe chimichanga? I'm still figuring out the details. Hit me up later. We'll hash it out!

Escape From Noise

Thanksgiving dinner...but it's...*record scratch* breakfast? Cover your turkey in fried eggs, bacon, and turkey gravy hollandaise sauce, and stuff it with a biscuit and sausage stuffing. HIRE ME REYNOLDS!

kalel

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

Also, I should point out that my sister was a goon during the earlier iteration of the 'yob -- EvoBaby says hello and hopes y'all are well.

:justpost:

Escape From Noise

Escape From Noise posted:

Thanksgiving dinner...but it's...*record scratch* breakfast? Cover your turkey in fried eggs, bacon, and turkey gravy hollandaise sauce, and stuff it with a biscuit and sausage stuffing. HIRE ME REYNOLDS!

Wait! No! Wendy's Breakfast turkey!

Escape From Noise

Also, lest we forget...

Code Jockey

69420 basic bytes free

Wait! No! Wendy's Breakfast turkey!

Still hungry after your meal? try the new Wendys Frosturkey - a full size turkey fully cooked, cooled, cooled even more and then pumped full of 3 lbs of Frosty

served with a small order of fries for dipping

Escape From Noise

Code Jockey posted:

Still hungry after your meal? try the new Wendys Frosturkey - a full size turkey fully cooked, cooled, cooled even more and then pumped full of 3 lbs of Frosty

served with a small order of fries for dipping

drat! Looks like that Reynolds job is going to get stolen out from under me!

Finger Prince

Snuggle bear looks maniacal, clutching that final fantasy sized knife.

Code Jockey

69420 basic bytes free

Finger Prince posted:

Snuggle bear looks maniacal, clutching that final fantasy sized knife.

I can hear the "oh poo poo" superboss music from Final Fantasy 6 in my head lol

Finger Prince

I bought a good steel wok when I moved, because all my pans were packed and I needed something to cook on. Everything I've been cooking in it has turned out fantastic, and now my pans have arrived... I don't even think I'm going to use them. The wok is all.
All you need is wok
All you need is wok
All you need is wok, wok, wok
Wok is all you need.

Code Jockey

69420 basic bytes free

Finger Prince posted:

I bought a good steel wok when I moved, because all my pans were packed and I needed something to cook on. Everything I've been cooking in it has turned out fantastic, and now my pans have arrived... I don't even think I'm going to use them. The wok is all.
All you need is wok
All you need is wok
Wok is all you need.

man I want to learn like real wok cooking

I have one and I've done some cool poo poo with it but man watching Chinese cooking videos on Youtube is like :psyduck:

Escape From Noise

Finger Prince posted:

All you need is wok
All you need is wok
Wok is all you need.

Don't talk the talk, if you can't wok the wok.

Escape From Noise

Code Jockey posted:

man I want to learn like real wok cooking

I have one and I've done some cool poo poo with it but man watching Chinese cooking videos on Youtube is like :psyduck:

Apparently, to do it really authentic you need a very powerful burner from what I understand.

Escape From Noise

Also I thought BYOB would enjoy this story from the GBS work thread

Everett False posted:

The funniest thing I ever overheard from my hidden corner cubicle was--well, for context, our town hall is also our police department. They have a little room in the back that's extremely difficult to find, because the building used to be part of an army base. There are two full-time police officers. The one who isn't the police chief was in the main office, gossiping with the receptionist and the clerk, as he often does.

I tune out conversations most of the time, but tuned back in when I realized that, for some reason, the officer and the receptionist were trying to explain the concept of resin to the clerk. At some point the clerk had found out that weed shops were selling resin, and did not understand what it was. The officer admitted to also not being clear on this matter. The receptionist therefore took the lead in explaining that resin was what was left 'after smoking a doobie'. She explained, with great confidence, that stoners roll 'used doobies' into 'roaches' which they then put in their bongs to smoke. The clerk was astonished that anyone would pay money for 'used doobies', while the officer marveled that the receptionist was so knowledgeable.

I am 32. The receptionist is my age.

Finger Prince

Apparently, to do it really authentic you need a very powerful burner from what I understand.

I finally have a gas stove, so while it's not the restaurant spec jet engine burner, it's hot HOT HOT!
The stove also has an adaptor ring for round bottom woks which I did not know was there until after I'd bought this one, but even though it's flat at the base it's still rounded.

Escape From Noise

Finger Prince posted:

I finally have a gas stove, so while it's not the restaurant spec jet engine burner, it's hot HOT HOT!
The stove also has an adaptor ring for round bottom woks which I did not know was there until after I'd bought this one, but even though it's flat at the base it's still rounded.

Gas stoves are where it's at. I've decided against getting certain apartments because of electric stovetops.

Code Jockey

69420 basic bytes free

Finger Prince posted:

oooooo I always wanter one of those ring stand things

Yeah I had a real nice gas range at my last place and it could get the wok hot, but not like, hot

Escape From Noise

From my understanding you need something bigger than what's on a standard stovetop. Like this size or so?

You can still use a household stovetop but the secret to that sorta toasty taste you get at Chinese restaurants is at least partially getting that wok hotter than hell!

I just found it interesting. Not trying to correct or anything.

cruft

It's also my understanding that legit wok use involves getting it hot as hell.

We have an electric stove and a flat bottomed wok and I do okay with it. Ms cruft is always afraid to turn it up to 10 so she uses the wok more like a frying pan, but the food still gets cooked either way, so I guess it's working out for us!

Code Jockey

69420 basic bytes free

From my understanding you need something bigger than what's on a standard stovetop. Like this size or so?

You can still use a household stovetop but the secret to that sorta toasty taste you get at Chinese restaurants is at least partially getting that wok hotter than hell!

I just found it interesting. Not trying to correct or anything.

I never thought to just... buy a burner thing like this, ha.

Escape From Noise

Code Jockey posted:

I never thought to just... buy a burner thing like this, ha.

A lot of apartments in Japan will have like a hose Barb for gas where you hook up a stovetop on the counter. Same with some restaurants. Some places will have like a plug in the wall for gas with a little cover and a sorta quick release hose they can attach for tabletop burners for hot pot dishes or whatever. So it's not so hard to find here. My current apartment has a built in stovetop in the counter though.

Escape From Noise

Getting ready for a very stoner Thanksgiving.

alnilam

I'm starting to suspect these are like ai generated novelty turkey recipes

alnilam

Snickers Finger Family Elsa Spiderman Turkey (Best Quality) - from Reynolds

Escape From Noise

There is some evidence to back up your theory...

Zil

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Makes me wonder if there's some kind of peeps infused turkey recipe out there. Please don't show me the thought is terrifying enough.

aldantefax

ALWAYS BE MECHFISHIN'
there are ways to get some level of wok hei on a home burner but one of the things is that woks rule and using them is cool

theres a lot of cool wok history and methods like using a thing to dynamically control the gas output with your foot so you could get those flames shooting very high and over the wok lip, but the actual flame is less hot than most stoves

a wok ring does do a pretty respectable job on a gas range for stir fries and the like though, wok yeah

Ass-penny

Also I thought BYOB would enjoy this story from the GBS work thread

Holy gently caress that is amazing.

Escape From Noise

I definitely have and use a wok. Thinking about getting a better one someday.

Code Jockey

69420 basic bytes free

I definitely have and use a wok. Thinking about getting a better one someday.

My problem is that if I learn how to make fried rice at home, and if I get good at it, I will need them to tear the door frames out when they eventually drag my rice filled carcass out

it will not take long

Tiny Myers

say hello to my little friend

I'm back and I won't say f**to m**o again.

Thank you How Wonderful! for the autumn sig!

Code Jockey

69420 basic bytes free

Tiny Myers posted:

I'm back and I won't say f**to m**o again.

your avatar is someone hacking Michael Myers into FF7

that is my personal canon

Escape From Noise

Pretty sure any dish with "surprise" in the name is going to be real exciting.

Escape From Noise

Combining traditions.

They Might Be

Also, lest we forget...

This but I'm leaving the pickles on the case of sliders

more falafel please

forums poster

aldantefax posted:

there are ways to get some level of wok hei on a home burner but one of the things is that woks rule and using them is cool

theres a lot of cool wok history and methods like using a thing to dynamically control the gas output with your foot so you could get those flames shooting very high and over the wok lip, but the actual flame is less hot than most stoves

a wok ring does do a pretty respectable job on a gas range for stir fries and the like though, wok yeah

i'm very inexperienced with wok cooking, i have a like 10 or 12" flat bottom wok-ish shaped nonstick pan that was a gift that i make fried rice in but it loses heat so fast it feels pointless. i'm asking for a proper carbon steel wok for christmas because my inlaws do Presents for love language so i have to ask for poo poo otherwise they think i don't like them so i have to save ideas of things i should just buy for myself cause it's $30 all year so i have poo poo for my christmas list

BUT my good parasocial friend j. kenji lopez-alt has a technique to get wok hei on a home stove burner using a butane torch https://www.seriouseats.com/hei-now-youre-a-wok-star-a-fiery-hack-for-stir-frying-at-home

thanks Saoshyant and nesamdoom for the sigs!

more falafel please

forums poster

Mormon Nailer posted:

Tonight we are having the burriot

i also had a burriot tonight but from the smoked jalapeno place because it's next to the grocery store and we had to go grocery shopping

thanks Saoshyant and nesamdoom for the sigs!

Code Jockey

69420 basic bytes free

more falafel please posted:

i also had a burriot tonight but from the smoked jalapeno place because it's next to the grocery store and we had to go grocery shopping

please tell me of these smoked jalapenos

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goons Are Gifts

hello good morning im glad I woke up before you all went to sleep or wait are you all just staying up today?? is this a surprise Pyjama party??