Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bastard Tetris
Apr 27, 2005

L-Shaped

Nap Ghost

hahahaha holy poo poo we are screwed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
It's good advice but donald trump has better show biz energy than anybody

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

showbiz pizza Trump

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

30.5 Days posted:

It's good advice but donald trump has better show biz energy than anybody

Turns out the grinning lump of poo poo who spent most of his life in show biz has more show biz energy than career politicians

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

The weirdest thing is how insistent the libs are that voters only respond to racism and don't care about projects that benefit them. They just memory holed that a black guy with a foreign name won the presidency twice based on a tissue of lies about providing a better life for voters.

I know they want to hold up Virginia as a counter argument but what the gently caress did McAuliffe actually campaign on? What story did he spin for voters about past successes and future goals? Dems are just the laziest dogshits who think people should be happy with the barest scraps of incremental progress and consider it beneath them to even give an accounting of what they *have* done.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
neither party is interested in the huge segment of eligible voters that just don't vote, because they're not as white and don't have any money

https://www.pewresearch.org/politics/2014/10/31/the-party-of-nonvoters-2/

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Flesh Forge posted:

neither party is interested in the huge segment of eligible voters that just don't vote, because they're not as white and don't have any money

https://www.pewresearch.org/politics/2014/10/31/the-party-of-nonvoters-2/

If you accept the premise of representative democracy, the people who don't vote are objectively doing it correctly.

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Nix Panicus posted:

I know they want to hold up Virginia as a counter argument but what the gently caress did McAuliffe actually campaign on?

Removing parental agency from education?

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

https://twitter.com/banalplay/status/1458008883843244037

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Nix Panicus posted:

The weirdest thing is how insistent the libs are that voters only respond to racism and don't care about projects that benefit them. They just memory holed that a black guy with a foreign name won the presidency twice based on a tissue of lies about providing a better life for voters.

I know they want to hold up Virginia as a counter argument but what the gently caress did McAuliffe actually campaign on? What story did he spin for voters about past successes and future goals? Dems are just the laziest dogshits who think people should be happy with the barest scraps of incremental progress and consider it beneath them to even give an accounting of what they *have* done.

look at this poo poo:

https://twitter.com/dannybarefoot/status/1457785356821032967

VA voters thought Democrats have better policy but Republicans are closer to their culture.

https://twitter.com/dannybarefoot/status/1457775196211855360

https://twitter.com/dannybarefoot/status/1457787187911483393

https://twitter.com/dannybarefoot/status/1457788114022264834

the actual way for democrats to win is to enact policies that help people and then hammer home a narrative that they're enacting the policies that help people, but instead they campaign on nothing except "we all hate that boogeyman, don't we folks?" which is clearly a losing strategy - in this election even people voting for the supposed Trump-lite candidate don't like Trump so clearly the attempt to say "heythat guy is just like Trump" was a complete failure, and even the bills Democrats do pass, they're absolute dogshit at convincing people that those bills would help anyone, because they wouldn't

as you say in your post, it's clear that you can win over voters, even racist voters, by promising to actually improve their lives, the Dems are just complete losers in every possible way

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

vyelkin posted:

the actual way for democrats to win is to enact policies that help people

whoa now let me stop you right there

Loucks
May 21, 2007

It's incwedibwe easy to suck my own dick.

Eliminating the SALT cap already helps everyone the Democrats recognize as "people." :confused:

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

This is an interesting one- the point has been made here repeatedly that the main difference between trump and biden is tweets, it hadn't occurred to me that the converse of that is "never-trump suburbanites will not get mad at a trump politician unless they do trump tweets".

Homocow
Apr 24, 2007

Extremely bad poster!
DO NOT QUOTE!

Pillbug
bumping this thread because it's true

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
Get a load of this lady who will never see the light of brunch again after November 2022

https://www.newsweek.com/hey-gen-z-youre-not-charge-opinion-1647085

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 371 days!
This isn't as stupid as it sounds, the dems are going to have to trumpify their party with dumb populist bullshit to stay competitive

dwayne 'the rock' johnson would be our president if he ran on the dem ticket in 2020

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

There's something to the idea of populism being less about caving in on social issues as it is just having a style and flair that appeals to pop culture.

Matthew McConaughey would also work, assuming he becomes governor

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

30.5 Days posted:

This is an interesting one- the point has been made here repeatedly that the main difference between trump and biden is tweets, it hadn't occurred to me that the converse of that is "never-trump suburbanites will not get mad at a trump politician unless they do trump tweets".

The entire animus of never-Trumpers was to *quiet* Trump, not to change any of the things that he did. Trump was shockingly *rude* but nobody on the right (or center) fundamentally disagreed with his policies. Polite Trump would sweep the suburbs, although he might have trouble winning overall without the conman's flair for showmanship

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

Nix Panicus posted:

The entire animus of never-Trumpers was to *quiet* Trump, not to change any of the things that he did. Trump was shockingly *rude* but nobody on the right (or center) fundamentally disagreed with his policies. Polite Trump would sweep the suburbs, although he might have trouble winning overall without the conman's flair for showmanship

Sure, but my assumption was that "polite trump" would be expected to at least not like, be directly pro-trump. That's a really dumb assumption in retrospect bc electing a guy who likes trump doesn't get trump back on twitter or whatever.

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

tenderjerk posted:

our president

nope!

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

oh word? who could have predicted this

Femur
Jan 10, 2004
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP

Maximo Roboto posted:

Matthew McConaughey would also work, assuming he becomes governor

Don't know if we can trust a guy still so into his college as an adult.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Femur posted:

Don't know if we can trust a guy still so into his college as an adult.

I hate the idea of McConaughey having any power because he seems like a weirdo libertarian but if a senile actor could gently caress us up so thoroughly for decades maybe a really high hippie one could do something good
who even knows at this point

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

I hate the idea of McConaughey having any power because he seems like a weirdo libertarian but if a senile actor could gently caress us up so thoroughly for decades maybe a really high hippie one could do something good
who even knows at this point
These are your options for the 2028 election:

Candidate 1:
Pro-journalist murder
Pro-genocide

Candidate 2:
Anti-clothist
Pro-arts

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

A Buttery Pastry posted:

Candidate 1:
Pro-journalist murder
Pro-genocide

Candidate 2:
Anti-clothist
Pro-arts

wow, McConaughey is running as a republican?

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

A Buttery Pastry posted:

Candidate 1:
Pro-journalist murder
Pro-genocide

Candidate 2:
Anti-clothist
Pro-arts

I mean, 'pro-genocide' is a bit redundant because if you are anti-genocide you won't be allowed anywhere near the Presidency. Dems just have to pretend to be sad about supporting it ("Do not come" etc.).

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Random rear end in a top hat posted:

I mean, 'pro-genocide' is a bit redundant because if you are anti-genocide you won't be allowed anywhere near the Presidency. Dems just have to pretend to be sad about supporting it ("Do not come" etc.).

The two sides are "pro-genocide" and "preemptively reaching across the aisle to say we'll compromise on half a genocide"

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

vyelkin posted:

The two sides are "pro-genocide" and "preemptively reaching across the aisle to say we'll compromise on half a genocide"

if you walk away from the table feeling like both sides got a little genocide, that's how you know you've made a good bipartisan deal

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

if you walk away from the table feeling like both sides got a little genocide, that's how you know you've made a good bipartisan deal

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

vyelkin posted:

Its "pro-genocide but incompetent" versus "publicly anti-genocide but masters at making sure the trains to Dachau run on time"

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

Feldegast42 posted:

Its "pro-genocide but incompetent" versus "publicly anti-genocide but masters at making sure the trains to Dachau run on time"

That's called a "focus on infrastructure".

CaptainACAB
Sep 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of Langley
The Democrats are going to lose because the Democrats do not want to win.

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

how are we doing on this list

https://twitter.com/samstein/status/1349354126711418881?lang=en

(Harry Reid tells us it's coming)

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
ducklo has definitely not been embedded

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

Mayor Dave posted:

ducklo has definitely not been embedded

there's still Bates

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

there's still Bates

Bates is also not embedded!!!

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

how are we doing on this list

https://twitter.com/samstein/status/1349354126711418881?lang=en

(Harry Reid tells us it's coming)

LOL that they even thought that they'd be able to use McConnell as a scapegoat, instead of having to go "Uhhh, some of our members are just completely opposed to every single plank of the platform we supposedly care so much about, but we won't kick them out or even punish them in any way because, uhm..."

Random Asshole has issued a correction as of 07:23 on Nov 10, 2021

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

I'm loving shaking right now, just praying that Omalley Dillon is empowered

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

OFA deez nuts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!