Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Went to a concert tonight and for the first time since concerts became a thing again, I left it feeling really pumped and happy and not miserable and awkward like I'd just left an unpleasant social obligation. I think it being actual touring bands and not mediocre local death metal really helped.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Dimebags Brain posted:

Went to a concert tonight and for the first time since concerts became a thing again, I left it feeling really pumped and happy and not miserable and awkward like I'd just left an unpleasant social obligation. I think it being actual touring bands and not mediocre local death metal really helped.

Same, was at a club festival sort of thing from Thursday to Saturday. It ruled and I remembered why I love it. I'd kind of forgotten the feeling of movin & hollerin in unison with other sweaty people to my favorite music that erryone knows the lyrics to

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
End of unit exams today, and our internet system is completely out again.

The first time this semester this happened, it was also at the end of a unit.

Really weird coincidence guys!

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

if anybody's got a problem with me today then i bit my tongue pretty hard so there you go

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

When the Timeline movie came out originally, I called it “Too Fast, Two Towers” because it had Paul Walker and it was set in the Middle Ages.

Anyway Airframe is the best Crichton book imo

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

Captain Magic posted:

When the Timeline movie came out originally, I called it “Too Fast, Two Towers” because it had Paul Walker and it was set in the Middle Ages.

Anyway Airframe is the best Crichton book imo

i have a copy of sphere that is literally falling apart i've read it so many times so i feel obligated to vote for it

i read a shiload of crichton as a wee crit. up until lost world came out and I thought it was a piece of poo poo and I liked everything back then. I was fully into king by that point anyway.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Critical posted:

i have a copy of sphere that is literally falling apart i've read it so many times so i feel obligated to vote for it

i read a shiload of crichton as a wee crit. up until lost world came out and I thought it was a piece of poo poo and I liked everything back then. I was fully into king by that point anyway.

I too like Sphere though I can't for the life of me explain why

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

I'm almost done with Lost Judgement and have been finishing up the school stories. Most of them are really fun with new unique mini games for them so that owns.

Also I guess they reuse animations because I got into a minoboss fight and the dude straight up hit me with Destino.

I have bounced hard off the Robotics Club stuff. This game also reminded me how poo poo I am at Virtua Fighter games

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

forkboy84 posted:

I have bounced hard off the Robotics Club stuff. This game also reminded me how poo poo I am at Virtua Fighter games

The secret to robotics club is putting guns (sniper rifle and machine gun) on the other two bots and stealth chip on yours, then jetting around snatching up every block you can while letting the AI shoot at the other team while you make a snake to the opponent's base. I finished every battle in a minute flat once I figured out that strategy.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

The secret to robotics club is putting guns (sniper rifle and machine gun) on the other two bots and stealth chip on yours, then jetting around snatching up every block you can while letting the AI shoot at the other team while you make a snake to the opponent's base. I finished every battle in a minute flat once I figured out that strategy.

It's more just the grinding out to get the components so I can upgrade that I find a struggle.

That said, I don't hate it, but it's been less "do all of this at once" than the other clubs

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Pretty much this, although it's impossible if you're having trouble with the earlier levels where you don't have access to sniper rifles. If you're still in those earlier levels, my ultimate tips still works: DO NOT bother with trying to dominate the entire board, you will probably lose by attrition unless you have a team that can keep the enemy bots killed at all times. Only ever go for as direct a line to the enemy base as possible. It's much faster and the AI isn't great at eliminating your snakes and seems to concentrate on board domination anyway.

Once you get to the ranged guns, do as GWB said or like I did and get two snipers for your AI bots while you zip around grabbing the blocks.

I actually really liked the robotics club. With some polish it could be a decent 5€ game of its own

edit: ah, well

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Junpei Hyde posted:

Heading to the USA tomorrow so I can see friends and watch full gear, I am consistently nervous about flights lmao

I did it I didn't die

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
congrats.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Junpei Hyde posted:

I did it I didn't die

Grats on the living :hellyeah:

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

not dying owns

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

not dying owns

I was born addicted to it because my mom was doing that while she was pregnant with me.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
Eh, it's okay I guess.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Jerusalem posted:

I was born addicted to it because my mom was doing that while she was pregnant with me.

hell yeah

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."

Junpei Hyde posted:

I did it I didn't die

OH!
HELL!
YEAH!!

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Junpei Hyde posted:

I did it I didn't die

Yay!

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Just finished Lost Judgement. I really think they perfected the combat system with this one. Snake style is such a great addition, and the final boss fights actually felt like I was thinking about how to counter their poo poo instead of spamming heat moves and downing energy drinks.

Hopefully the nonsense with Johnny's is figured out because Yagami is such a good character and hope he sticks around.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Hopefully the nonsense with Johnny's is figured out because Yagami is such a good character and hope he sticks around.

They're the fuckers keeping Judgment or Lost Judgment from being on Steam so I hate them and want to fight them :mad:

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

just finished the goliath in horizon 5, and while i think it's a little much (22 minutes in an A class evo) the entire middle section where you climb up one side of the volcano on pavement and go down the other on dirt is phenomenal. just 10 minutes of trying not to die

got distracted coming around a corner by seeing the entire map below me and went into the next corner way too fast, smashed the brakes with a touch of e brake and somehow did a nice scandi flick around the hairpin. actually whooped out loud. gently caress these games are awesome

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

There are a lots of things I like about LA County but its hotels are insanely overpriced. My company is comping it, but I just spent $40 on dinner for myself which is just blowing my midwest mind. I don't even think arena food is that expensive.

Ibexaz
Jul 23, 2013

The faces he makes while posting are inexcusable! When he writes a post his face is like a troll double checking bones to see if there's any meat left! When I post I look like a peacock softly kissing a rose! Didn't his parents provide him with a posting mirror to practice forums faces growing up?
Loved visiting LA but could never actually live there. Was really fun driving around and checking out filming locations last time I was out there. Stumbled on the donut shop in Tangerine, caught some music at that jazz cafe in La La Land, and ate at the exact table (or so they claimed) they filmed at for the Reservoir Dogs intro. Feel like that type of stuff would never get old to me. But forget having to navigate those freeways every day, no way

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i live at LA all the time

Ibexaz
Jul 23, 2013

The faces he makes while posting are inexcusable! When he writes a post his face is like a troll double checking bones to see if there's any meat left! When I post I look like a peacock softly kissing a rose! Didn't his parents provide him with a posting mirror to practice forums faces growing up?
I live in a big grid your spaghetti city makes no sense

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Cavauro posted:

i live at LA all the time

more like at LA LA land op

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

They're the fuckers keeping Judgment or Lost Judgment from being on Steam so I hate them and want to fight them :mad:

Japanese talent agencies seem like loving nightmares.

"You can't put this game on PC, people will be able to steal our intellectual property, Takuya Kimura's appearance." Demented

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

It's even worse. Like, in print publications like Famitsu they can do everything as normal. But on their website have to grey out the actor in photos. So you got some devs and other actors and one silhouette lurking ominously. Johnny's is just deathly afraid of the internet or something. Most other talent agencies are a bit more sane, apparently.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

I wonder if the Kaito Files is a trial run to see what reception the series would get without Yagami. (I'd prefer they didn't make Kaito the main character because it'd be too similar to Ichiban). I want them to bring back Shun Akiyama, or finally commit to making a full pro wrestling game based around the kid from the orphanage who wanted to be a pro wrestler.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

or finally commit to making a full pro wrestling game based around the kid from the orphanage who wanted to be a pro wrestler.
Hell yeah!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

or finally commit to making a full pro wrestling game based around the kid from the orphanage who wanted to be a pro wrestler.

:shepspends:

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

I wonder if the Kaito Files is a trial run to see what reception the series would get without Yagami. (I'd prefer they didn't make Kaito the main character because it'd be too similar to Ichiban). I want them to bring back Shun Akiyama, or finally commit to making a full pro wrestling game based around the kid from the orphanage who wanted to be a pro wrestler.

SEGA hire GWB to head the RGG franchise. I want to see both an Akiyama game and Taichi game

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
The bad news is, my roof is leaking and there's a raccoon living in our attic. The good news is, we can afford to have the roof fixed and the raccoon safely and humanely caught and released. The bad news is, now I have to keep an eye on my bank account for the rest of the month...

The new American middle class - where $100 isn't a lot of money to make but $100 is a lot of money to spend.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Tell me a story of rats.

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Nov 10, 2021

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Rats lived in my house where I grew up for about a year, but they were never active when my dad was home, so he thought my mom was losing her mind when she would hear them scratching until one day we were cleaning in the yard and found a nest under the dog house

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

ah, thank you.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

https://youtu.be/OXQwx1EolD8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

wow jerma really ripped off yoko ono with this one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kv9tM73GBno