Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Surprise T Rex posted:

I... think we've forgotten.

Very much so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
Big day for UK law https://news.sky.com/story/supreme-...acking-12464668

Oct 4, 2005

They'll be some caveat with this right? Like send us a copy of your phone data, drivers license, picture of you holding today's newspaper outside your front door and we'll get back to you in 10-12 years

Oct 4, 2005

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2021/nov/09/government-critics-blocked-from-senior-public-roles-ex-tory-minister-claims

Just normal things governments do

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
What a fun way to #Remembrance

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

makes sense when you consider the slow but steady conversion of our government to an autocracy

just freeze out everyone you don't like from positions of influence, makes everything easier in the future

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I mean that is entirely normal things governments do, that's how a government works, it is assembled from people who will pursue the government's agenda.

If you had to pick people at random then it wouldn't be a government.

Plus lmao at anna soubry complaining that she wasn't interviewed to run parts of the government, as if that is a thing she is somehow entitled to do.

quote:

She felt her experience as a former broadcast journalist as well as steering regulation as a minister at the Ministry of Defence from October 2013 to May 2015 and the Department for Business, Innovation and Skills from May 2015 until July 2016 made her a plausible candidate. In addition, she said she had experience taking bills through parliament and that this would be useful for the future Ofcom chair given the likely need to reform the regulation of online safety and social media.

quote:

“Again, week after week went by and I got the email saying I didn’t get an interview,” she said. “Then I applied to be on the board of Channel 4. They were looking for a non-executive director with political and media experience. I mean, hello, all those years as a journalist and a politician at a senior level. Again I wasn’t offered an interview.”

I should have the job boris, I was a journalist.

The whole article is just very funny because it's just anna soubry failing to get high profile jobs and apparently this is national news. Definitely no other reason why nobody wants to hire the person who joined the funny tinge group for change.

OwlFancier fucked around with this message at 10:10 on Nov 10, 2021

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

Alternately, maybe they just though she was an idiot, was a founder member of CUKTIG after all

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

That is loving insane

I think that's the most insane war christmas thing yet, maybe

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

Barry Foster posted:

That is loving insane

I think that's the most insane war christmas thing yet, maybe

It's definitely more insane because usually it's just that one weirdo who puts up loads of poo poo in his front garden, but this is the organisation supposedly designed to help war veterans making a joke about explosives and encouraging people to get pissed on a solemn occasion.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

a pipe smoking dog posted:

It's definitely more insane because usually it's just that one weirdo who puts up loads of poo poo in his front garden, but this is the organisation supposedly designed to help war veterans making a joke about explosives and encouraging people to get pissed on a solemn occasion.

Yeah, I had to triple check the url to make sure it wasn't a parody website or something

Absolutely mindbending

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Official Royal British legion branded game of Operation where you have to remove chunks of shrapnel from an onest Tommy.

kyojin
Jun 15, 2005

I MASHED THE KEYS AND LOOK WHAT I MADE

Dolce et Deco-rum

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

kyojin posted:

Dolce et Deco-rum

:golfclap: honestly if they'd called it that it would have wrapped all the way back around to being a good idea

kyojin
Jun 15, 2005

I MASHED THE KEYS AND LOOK WHAT I MADE
I also have

An ecstasy of rum-bling

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Failed Imagineer posted:

it would have wrapped all the way back around to being a good idea
The papers outside looked from poppy bumer to are troop, and from are troop to poppy bumer, and from poppy bumer to are troop again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse
And now I'm just hearing the CD version of the Cannon Fodder intro, again, like clockwork.

War, never been so much fun.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

https://twitter.com/bareleft/status/1458358909685612544?s=21

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Guavanaut posted:

The papers outside looked from poppy bumer to are troop, and from are troop to poppy bumer, and from poppy bumer to are troop again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

Funnily enough since the withdrawal from Afghanistan the US heroin supply has almost completely dried up, almost as if there was some connection between the two.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
It's definitely strange, because on paper the US heroin supply was supposed to mostly come from the golden triangle (powder brought in via Vancouver, Seattle, and Portland) and Mexico (black tar across the southern border), with hardly any coming from Afghanistan.

Chinese fentanyl undercut huge amounts of that in the mid-2010s, causing the opioid epidemic (and opioid to enter the common dictionary) until China put a direct hand on their pharmaceutical sector with the pandemic last year.

Either way, the price of opium as a cash crop in rural Mexico has suddenly skyrocketed, allowing farmers to reignite their call for legalization and an end to military repression, which is at least very coincidental.

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
It doesn't say who the legal work was for though, going to be great if it was Mishcon de Reya.

https://twitter.com/guardian/status/1458382586036817923?s=20

I'm pretty sure every non agency job contract i've had has a clause about not having second jobs. I guess that sort of thing is just for the little people who need to be beholden to one employer, not people who are rich and/or supposed to be concentrating on running the country.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

loving wot

Right I think I'm done. I'm probably the last one out as far as this thread is concerned but I'm finally quitting labour

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
shitheads finally got their wish and it's the 1990s again but they forgot to offer anything different from the government

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

When the first battalions came back from Afghanistan, the UK was suddenly and mysteriously saturated with very pure heroin, when previously the street heroin was as low as 1-3% pure.

This resulted in many deaths, including a good friend of mine. He was an ex user, and came home from work one day to find his wife had left him, taking the kids with her. He bought some street heroin as a coping strategy, and they found his body 3 weeks later with the needle still in his arm...

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Time passes quickly on the weekend.

War has never been so much fun.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

sinky posted:

It doesn't say who the legal work was for though, going to be great if it was Mishcon de Reya.

https://twitter.com/guardian/status/1458382586036817923?s=20

I'm pretty sure every non agency job contract i've had has a clause about not having second jobs. I guess that sort of thing is just for the little people who need to be beholden to one employer, not people who are rich and/or supposed to be concentrating on running the country.

I have to admit I've lost track of who's doing what here, but it definitely seems shady as gently caress in my professional opinion.

Also, Kieth doesn't need to concentrate on running the country, that's never going to be a concern for him

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea
Somehow I'd not considered that Keir Starmer was destroying the Labour Party just to make money for himself, but it seems so obvious in hindsight

CGI Stardust
Nov 7, 2010

Brexit is but a door,
election time is but a window.

I'll be back

Guavanaut posted:

poppy bumer
normally we just call it a prolapse

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

serious gaylord posted:

Its under his left hand. You can see the stem.

I'll confess, I couldn't stomach zooming in on him so I decided to :justpost:

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

Hope no-one spent their £750 already https://news.sky.com/story/mass-legal-action-against-google-blocked-by-supreme-court-12465082

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
https://twitter.com/AngusMacNeilSNP/status/1458175035051491331?s=20

Daily Mail front page for 2 days in a row focusing on Cox not Putrid Minister.

Catzilla
May 12, 2003

"Untie the queen"

kyojin posted:

Dolce et Deco-rum

New thread title?

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Pity the poor loving picture editor who had to go through a million photos to try and find one where the fucker's actually wearing a mask just to keep Murdoch happy.

https://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/health/coronavirus/boris-johnson-no-choice-impose-third-national-lockdown-3087175

photoshoot is at least from Jan this year.

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

Nah, you can see a poppy hiding behind his hand.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Look at this balsamic terrierist who takes all of his poppy's of before march

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

Suit is a lighter shade and the mask has a union fleg. Give me a job brown moses.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Tarnop posted:

I'll confess, I couldn't stomach zooming in on him so I decided to :justpost:

Don't worry if you don't have the stomach for it, he's got some extra he can share

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/SomersetLive/status/1458392697052536836

There are rumours that he's going to trigger article 16 as a deflection tactic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

fuctifino posted:

https://twitter.com/SomersetLive/status/1458392697052536836

There are rumours that he's going to trigger article 16 as a deflection tactic.

Seems like the EU are fully expecting this anyway, so...begun, the trade wars have. Lot of people gonna be having an Imagination Xmas this year