Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

I got banned for a week in FH4 for making a LGBT themed paintjob and sharing it online. Something about there being a "penis or penis related" livery.

Edit:

TjyvTompa fucked around with this message at 12:41 on Nov 10, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eclipse12
Feb 20, 2008

Penis adjacent material

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
my workday just got shittier, every Horizon song got dmca'd off youtube, which implies that they hold the copyright to the forza exclusives, not playground

before this game I didn't even know they were an actual label :/

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack

TjyvTompa posted:

I got banned for a week in FH4 for making a LGBT themed paintjob and sharing it online. Something about there being a "penis or penis related" livery.

Edit:

This makes me think of one of Test Drive Unlimited 2 cars

The Porsche Dongster™

Never had any issues with that one :v:

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

Goa Tse-tung posted:

my workday just got shittier, every Horizon song got dmca'd off youtube, which implies that they hold the copyright to the forza exclusives, not playground

before this game I didn't even know they were an actual label :/

You must have the blandest taste in the world if you think the Forza Horizon 5 soundtrack is good. I've never experienced a worse soundtrack using real songs in my life, there is not a single "banger" as it were. It all sounds like the music you hear in a restaurant. In fact my boyfriend works at a chain restaurant and he says "oh god they play this track constantly at work" over and over when I play.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack
Tbh one of the first things I did was set the radio volume to zero. I don’t really want to be bombarded by someone else’s choice of music for the probably hundreds of hours I’ll play this game.

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

AirRaid posted:

Tbh one of the first things I did was set the radio volume to zero. I don’t really want to be bombarded by someone else’s choice of music for the probably hundreds of hours I’ll play this game.

It truly is one of the worst soundtracks. FH4 wasn't that much better but at least there were some good songs on the Bass Arena channel that made your blood pump.

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

Porca puttana where's my Lancias and Alfas

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

TjyvTompa posted:

You must have the blandest taste in the world if you think the Forza Horizon 5 soundtrack is good. I've never experienced a worse soundtrack using real songs in my life, there is not a single "banger" as it were. It all sounds like the music you hear in a restaurant. In fact my boyfriend works at a chain restaurant and he says "oh god they play this track constantly at work" over and over when I play.

what a werid thing to post

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

Goa Tse-tung posted:

what a werid thing to post

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Negostrike posted:

Broke down on the way to the festival.

The real question is where is the Mastretta MXT or the Chevy Montana or other mexican market vehicles. FH3 had a bunch of aussie stuff. FH4 had a bunch of UK stuff.

All this game has is the Vuhl

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.
Forza Motorsport 7/Forza Horizon 5: Penis Related

Negostrike posted:

They became part of a new corporation this year, speculation is that the licensing has to be worked out anew.

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib
Also, why aren't there any Citroen, and why is the Citroen logo in the manufacturer's list on the DeLorean row? On the positive side, I presume that means both will show up at some point.

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay
You know the guy Don Joewon Song that's #1 on the leaderboards and have a bunch of kick-rear end tunes and paintjobs? He has a youtube channel and there is a list of cool cars + good tunes for them. That Ford Bronco might actually get me to do rivals on cross country tracks.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0cH95YIRRo

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.

FishMcCool posted:

Also, why aren't there any Citroen, and why is the Citroen logo in the manufacturer's list on the DeLorean row? On the positive side, I presume that means both will show up at some point.

Also part of Stellantis. As is Fiat, also missing. But so is Dodge and Dodge is in. Licensing seems like a complicated nightmare, so who knows.

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo
Is the Forzathon shop working for anyone? Is it not working for anyone other than me???

Thank you.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

There's some pretty good tracks on the soundtrack, don't be a loving weirdo.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

horizon pulse kicks rear end in this game

it kicked rear end in the last one too, aside from fake it til you make it

Powershift posted:

I had to do this just to say i done it.

not proud of some of the things i did to get there, like paying full retail for a car.

congrats! i'll have to try and claw back this weekend.

DEEP STATE PLOT fucked around with this message at 14:43 on Nov 10, 2021

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Gambit from the X-Men posted:

Is the Forzathon shop working for anyone? Is it not working for anyone other than me???

Thank you.

nope, wasn't working last I checked

Biberkopf
Aug 15, 2013
The whole ms store is so borked that I can’t even download it. Every other gamepass game, not forza.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...
It's not clear how I'm supposed to be driving in this game to go fastest. I play a lot of GT Sport and it's a difficult adjustment. Should I be trying to drive properly, with clean racing lines and early straight-line braking, or just trail brake and drift through everything like an arcade game?

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib

Gambit from the X-Men posted:

Thank you.

Hasn't worked once for me since pre-release. I presume they plan to bring it up on season change.

Simiain
Dec 13, 2005

"BAM! The ole fork in the eye!!"
There was one good song on Hospital that I randomly ran into, but I cant remember its name because it eventually got lost in the ambient-blandness of the rest of the station. Block Party has Beastie Boys and Run DMC which are always fun when they come on, but nah, Tompa's mostly right, there really is no banger there to get you moving while you drive. Nothing weird about remarking about that I think :shrug:

Classical music station seems decent though, I'll sometimes tool about gently in a Bentley with that on.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

FishMcCool posted:

Hasn't worked once for me since pre-release. I presume they plan to bring it up on season change.

correct, it will be up tomorrow when series 1 starts

speaking of which, we need to get some goon convoys together to do horizon arcade for forzathon points since it's virtually impossible to beat all three stages of arcade events with randos.

DEEP STATE PLOT fucked around with this message at 15:08 on Nov 10, 2021

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Has this been done before?
Soiled Meat

Mechafunkzilla posted:

It's not clear how I'm supposed to be driving in this game to go fastest. I play a lot of GT Sport and it's a difficult adjustment. Should I be trying to drive properly, with clean racing lines and early straight-line braking, or just trail brake and drift through everything like an arcade game?

If you're going for speed on a road track or paved circuit drive a clean good line within the bounds of the checkpoints. For dirt or offroad races sliding and drifting is often unavoidable or desired.

At the end of the day the game really just wants you to have fun and drive how you like though so drive however feels best so there is not much content that is gated by any sort of win based restrictions, usually a Forzathon rewards car.

Munkaboo
Aug 5, 2002

If you know the words, you can join in too
He's bigger! faster! stronger too!
He's the newest member of the Jags O-Line crew!
I didnt get my skill points back when I removed / gifted my Willys from the garage.

Wrr
Aug 8, 2010

Wait is there a goon-gang clan / club to join? I want in.

I bought a poo poo-rear end Ford Grand Cherokee with Stewie Griffin on the side of it. Its perfect.

Also while the festival vibe is fun and inclusive and all that I can't help shake the feeling that this is some sort of invasion. We're invited to enjoy the beauty of Mexico and then do burnouts all over it. I race into the untouched, wild jungle and a C-130 a drops a festival stand in the middle of it. Its some sort of weird car-colonialism. This feeling is really not helped by forcing me to be a British dude. I can suffer a lot of abuse in my life but not that.

If they're only going to give me two voice types to choose from they should just make them be the local accents from whatever the region the game will be set it. Then I can feel pride in doing sick burnouts on the farmers fields and whatnot.

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

Wrr posted:

Wait is there a goon-gang clan / club to join? I want in.

I bought a poo poo-rear end Ford Grand Cherokee with Stewie Griffin on the side of it. Its perfect.

Also while the festival vibe is fun and inclusive and all that I can't help shake the feeling that this is some sort of invasion. We're invited to enjoy the beauty of Mexico and then do burnouts all over it. I race into the untouched, wild jungle and a C-130 a drops a festival stand in the middle of it. Its some sort of weird car-colonialism. This feeling is really not helped by forcing me to be a British dude. I can suffer a lot of abuse in my life but not that.

If they're only going to give me two voice types to choose from they should just make them be the local accents from whatever the region the game will be set it. Then I can feel pride in doing sick burnouts on the farmers fields and whatnot.

Go to the Online tab in the pause menu and you should be able to search for clubs. It is called "Goon Racing Club" (GRCC) and you should be able to request an invite to it there.

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

Negostrike posted:

The stratos was too powerful for this game

elegant drapery
Oct 11, 2004
I love how often you can get super or hypercars on wheelspins. They easily sell on auctions and I can do really dumb things to 10+ old cars with one sale

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

My plates passed their filter. Wish I would have tried to get these in 2005 or so when I first had the idea as actual vanity plates, they might have been accepted.

AirRaid posted:

This makes me think of one of Test Drive Unlimited 2 cars

The Porsche Dongster™

Never had any issues with that one :v:

I will have to see if I can find a pic of the MkII VW GTI I painted for FM2 or 3 that was hot pink, was coated in off white splats with Loads of Love on the doors.

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!
So someone explain to me how Rivals work. Someone on the Discord said they beat one my times, but I don't see it under My Rivals. I did some Rivals races myself and I don't see my winning times under My Rivals either.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

highme posted:

Wish I would have tried to get these in 2005 or so when I first had the idea as actual vanity plates, they might have been accepted.

Seems like a pretty bad plate to have if you get pulled over, you maybe literally dodged a bullet there.

Endbuster
Jan 7, 2013

There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.

Mechafunkzilla posted:

yes.

really yes to both. The game really undervalues awd and punishes rwd.

But generally try to have tight lines use the whole road etc, but also def abuse the arcadey poo poo of cutting some apexes thru grass, curb hopping, etc.

GigaPeon posted:

So someone explain to me how Rivals work. Someone on the Discord said they beat one my times, but I don't see it under My Rivals. I did some Rivals races myself and I don't see my winning times under My Rivals either.

is there a goon discord?

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

speaking of which, we need to get some goon convoys together to do horizon arcade for forzathon points since it's virtually impossible to beat all three stages of arcade events with randos.

Eh, the speed Arcade isn't too bad. Drift is impossible, and the one with targets (chaos?) just takes too loving long for people to understand. Not sure if there are more, but arcade speed is a good bet for getting round 3 with randos. Everyone understands "go fast", and it synergises well with the S1/S2/X cars that most people seem to like most.

Munkaboo posted:

I didnt get my skill points back when I removed / gifted my Willys from the garage.

I gift all my Willys to unsuspecting strangers, and while I have yet to be arrested for it, I did get points back, just not instantly. I guess they only come back when someone receives/claims the gift? But like I got a message yesterday evening telling me I got 30 mastery points refunded. So I did another round of super-Willy-spin and gifted them all again.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

If I've already been playing for a while is it too late to download Horizon 4 on Game Pass and get the Senna?

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
I got my first gift drop which was a willy, but much to my delight the willy was untouched and I got a cheap super wheelspins out of it. Thanks, random stranger!

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

huh, apparently having "PENIZON" on the vanity plate doesn't trigger the anti-profanity filter. That is good.

In much worse news, I crash to desktop constantly. First it was before even getting to the main menu, I updated Windows with some non-essential updates and I finally got through the intro/character selection/first car selection, but as soon as it was loading the open world it crashed again.

That sucks.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
I made my license plate BAN BTC

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
mine's Comrade because it was hilarious hearing the announcer say it and it goes with the anime designs...