Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Rumour: Xbox Fans Will 'Definitely' Want To Watch The 20th Anniversary Show

:thunk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Not giving such a garbage clickbait link a click

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

UncleGuito posted:

Was grabbing some toilet paper at Target earlier and decided to ask them if they got any consoles recently. They had one XSX they were loading off the truck that minute and saved it for me.

10 months of asking every week finally paid off lol

Awesome! I’m still trying everything to find one without luck :negative:

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Disposable Scud posted:

yeah the loading times are baaaaad. I wish I could get a drat series x already.

I feel for you. I was thinking during the loads on the xsx "I bet this really sucks on a spinner".

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I'm impressed with Forza 5's load times on the series X. I'm not sure but it feels a bit faster than Forza 4.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Didn't they say already there weren't going to be any big announcements at the 20th anniversary thing? Wonder if they've shoved something in from realising either no-one's going to watch or everyone who does watch is going to be mad there was no announcement.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

njsykora posted:

Didn't they say already there weren't going to be any big announcements at the 20th anniversary thing? Wonder if they've shoved something in from realising either no-one's going to watch or everyone who does watch is going to be mad there was no announcement.

They said that before and then still made some big announcement, so who knows.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

njsykora posted:

They are dropping Halo MP early OP

ixnay
Jun 11, 2002

rainbow dash why are you making such a cool face?!

Fly Ricky posted:

I’m holding off until I “finish” FH4 because I’m brokebrained. Heard you get some special cars or something for playing previous games, even going back to FH3. What’s that about?

If you’ve played any of the forza games (including Motorsport) from the first horizon onwards, FH5 will give you the car from the game’s cover as a loyalty reward near the start.

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!

ixnay posted:

If you’ve played any of the forza games (including Motorsport) from the first horizon onwards, FH5 will give you the car from the game’s cover as a loyalty reward near the start.

Yeah I believe it does it by achievement data? Pretty sure you need one achievement to pop and you should be good.

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006

njsykora posted:

I think they said that there wouldn't be any new game announcements, but didn't say anything about new features. I would be shocked if they don't announce new FPS Boost games to go along with new Xbox and Xbox 360 backward compatible games, and it has been like 18 months since resolution boost was announced.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

For those playing Forza on an OLED with Dolby Vision, I've set the ingame brightness to 360 and the saturation to max and I think the game looks even better this way. Performance mode of course.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

John F Bennett posted:

I've made all my limbs prosthetic because I could.

What the gently caress I only saw prosthetic arms or prosthetic legs but not all four

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

What the gently caress I only saw prosthetic arms or prosthetic legs but not all four

You can pick multiple options like checkboxes.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Oh ok I'm dumb sorry

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

So here’s a random question re game share. One of my friends I play with had game share set up with a another friend of ours who passed away this last year (his ghost is out here kicking our asses in FH5 at least). Her wife is going to be getting an Xbox and they were wanting to do game share, but not looking to sever that connection to Kevin. Any ideas on if they have to sever or can they just do the game share on the new Xbox (whatever model that is going to be)?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Would I actually get much use out of a 144mhz monitor for playing the S on? A lot of what I'm seeing about current games includes a fps cap at 30 or 60.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Would I actually get much use out of a 144mhz monitor for playing the S on? A lot of what I'm seeing about current games includes a fps cap at 30 or 60.

Not for an S.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

I'm not super into driving games normally but

holy poo poo Forza Horizon 5 is loving RAD.

UncleGuito
May 8, 2005

www.ipadbackdrops.com daily wallpaper updates deserving of your iPad

Ruffian Price posted:

If it's a Beam Gen2, look up the specifics for your TV's eARC support - the LG CX, for instance, only does it over HDMI2, the rest are regular ARC (and the TV reencodes the DD+ stream, adding to latency). If it's a Gen1, you're boned. Criminal that Sonos doesn't include passthrough in any of their bars.

My TV doesn’t have earc so I guess I’m screwed either way? I have the gen 1 Beam. Does this audio lag happen with any other sound bars?

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

I'm not super into driving games normally but

holy poo poo Forza Horizon 5 is loving RAD.

Same. Fired it up last night just because everyone is talking about it and told my girlfriend this will probably be the only time I play it. But found myself really digging it. The driving isn’t as hard as I expected, the cars handle really nicely, especially for my drift-heavy driving style. And of course it’s gorgeous.

Gamepass winning

Jables88
Jul 26, 2010
Tortured By Flan
I played Forza Horizon 4 only because I was told it would look nice on a One X, as I never play racing games. I've now put dozens of hours into 4 and am hours into 5 already and loving it.

Over Christmas I'm just going to bounce between Halo and Forza with a big silly grin on my face.

EDIT: Sorry, forgot to add, Xbox stays winning, Gamepass stays winning.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

John F Bennett posted:

I'm impressed with Forza 5's load times on the series X. I'm not sure but it feels a bit faster than Forza 4.

I have it installed on my series x and my PC's NVME drive, and the series x is loads like 2x as fast, feels as fast as a game cartridge in the old days tbh, I barely have any time to take sips of tea while loading into a new race.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Professor Beetus posted:

I have it installed on my series x and my PC's NVME drive, and the series x is loads like 2x as fast, feels as fast as a game cartridge in the old days tbh, I barely have any time to take sips of tea while loading into a new race.

same on my series s, it's amazing

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!
One minor issue I have had with previous Horizon games also, but why make the radio stations just be mostly 'any radio station in America' programmed music stations? (And I realize the answer to this is likely 'a lot radio stations in Mexico do sound like that').

But like give me a variety of radio stations populated with exclusively actual Mexican artists.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

MarcusSA posted:

Not for an S.
I'm pretty sure the S is feature equal with the X when it comes to HFR modes, it simply runs them at a lower resolution.

That said not many games support it and on an S you'd be looking at 1080 and below so yeah it's probably not worth it.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Red Warrior posted:

One minor issue I have had with previous Horizon games also, but why make the radio stations just be mostly 'any radio station in America' programmed music stations? (And I realize the answer to this is likely 'a lot radio stations in Mexico do sound like that').

But like give me a variety of radio stations populated with exclusively actual Mexican artists.

The cowards should have at least sprung for enough licenses to have a dedicated ranchera station in gd Mexico, come on.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Jables88 posted:

EDIT: Sorry, forgot to add, Xbox stays winning, Gamepass stays winning.

correct

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
doubtful that this will be a particularly good game, but the trailer is a must-watch, at least

https://twitter.com/playismEN/status/1458346696337854465

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

Actually it looks like 2.25 million people payed one dollar for game pass and then shared it with a friend.

Furthermore,

is this why theres only like 4 radio stations including classical?

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh

Lammasu posted:

Anyone have any suggestions on what to play when your depressed?

What sort of games do you like?

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Red Warrior posted:

Supposedly, they originally planned to do at least one all-Mexican-artists radio station, but they were talked out of it by their contacts and consultants in the country in favor of spreading Mexican artists across all the stations in the name of both realism and a better soundtrack.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

Barry Convex posted:

doubtful that this will be a particularly good game, but the trailer is a must-watch, at least

This is the stupidest game I've ever seen in my life. I'll play it because it's on gamepass.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Barry Convex posted:

That's uh, something. :bigwhat:

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

The Kins posted:

Supposedly, they originally planned to do at least one all-Mexican-artists radio station, but they were talked out of it by their contacts and consultants in the country in favor of spreading Mexican artists across all the stations in the name of both realism and a better soundtrack.

Por que no los dos?

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

Barry Convex posted:

said the game pass subscriber: gently caress it, why not

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Real hurthling! posted:

is this why theres only like 4 radio stations including classical?

I think the offerings (and maybe stations) expand as you finish story chapters. At least, it seemed like I was hearing new stuff after finishing the first Mexico ticket.

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

If you think you might be stuck with a last-gen console for a while, an external ssd might help.

I just played this for the first time on my One X going through the first 3+ hours. I have it installed on an external SSD and I have no issues with these loading times, so I'd say it probably does indeed help a lot.

Also it looks great on the One X, though I would prefer 60 fps of course.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Barry Convex posted:

I remember Dunkey did a video on this but for the life of me I can't find it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
loved the SteamWorld Dig games and been looking forward to this since it was announced last year. hope it delivers

https://twitter.com/Thunderfulgames/status/1458515216103264260