Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.
This was a close one but we are going to

Use Rune Stealer to make him forget you've yet to pay.

quote:

With a brief hand gesture and a whisper, you cast Rune Stealer to make him forget you've yet to pay. "But Original Man - you say, coyly -don't you remember? I've already paid you with my soul!"

"Nonsense!" he chortles, "It only takes a little magic to let the price show." It looks like the OG Man is too powerful for such tricks!

"I can't risk my soul like that!" you gasp, "I've already had it stolen once!"

"My dear Tarnatus, do you believe in coincidence?"

You see a witch with a wicked look in her eye. She throws her staff at you.

"And what are you going to do now, Blue Sheep?" she asks.

"I'm...not sure." you say.

"Ooooooh..." The Original Man says. "Is this not funny? So sad..."

You look up to see a dragon just behind the witch:

"I can help you escape the witch's curse! I can take you back to my cave and...let you use my power!" he continues.

You have a quick look around the cave, but can't find a place to hide.

"But Original Man, your power is so powerful, and so cool..."

The witch, the dragon and the Original Man all laugh at you:

"Do you think you can beat the power of the dragon, or I?" the Original Man snickers, "Besides, if you work with the witch, she may be able to set you free. I have my doubts about her power, but I can give you time to ponder her offer."

The witch throws her staff at you again.

"And what are you going to do now, Blue Sheep?"

"I...don't know..." you mumble, "I've never used magic before."

"You can use my power and my magic!" the dragon says.

The Original Man chuckles:

"You can, but you may die!"

Suddenly, you see the Original Man's hands glow green.

"Oooooh..." the Original Man says, "I knew it! You'll make me famous, for I am THE MAN!"

His green hands begin to levitate the cave roof above you.

"Wait...no, I'm not going to do that..." you shout, "I'm just going to:

1. Look for a way out of here.

2. Negotiate with the witch.

3. Pay the original man's price and go to his cave."

4. Find a witch or dragon with a better price and a better offer."

5. Do something else: invent new things, kill small animals, maybe find a way to escape the witch's curse.

6. Not think about what you're going to do next.

7. Think about what you're going to do next.
Ok...

Thom "Mantis" Stormfist, the Master Barbarian (Lv 2.6) // [Assassin] Sebastian (Lv 1)

Attributes
  • Wisdom 11[+1]
  • Luck 6
  • Charisma 6
  • Intimidation 3[+1] (Intimidates)
  • Swim 1[+1]
  • Athletics 0
  • Endurance 10[+1]
  • Health 10
  • Stamina 15
  • Stamina Recovery 10
  • Determination 1[+1]
  • Desperation 1[+1]
  • Honor 1[+1]
  • Shoot 1[+1]
  • Impress 1[+1]
  • Useful 1[+1]
  • L 1[+1]
Special Skills
  • Summon Bones: Click on the corpses of people you pass to pull out your buffs - your greatest tool in manipulating the board. The more bones you have summoned, the better of a buff you will have.
  • ENDURE: affects the architecture of the Great Pyramid.
  • Magic Spell: ??? the last time we have tried to cast it, we got interrupted by a skeletal arm.
  • [Armor of the Fire】 [Cruel / Mysterious / Great] [Vengeful / Confident / Sarcasm]: ??? we gained these skills when we leveled as an [Assassin] Sebastian.
  • Glide
  • You can now use the special ability which allows you to make a weapon (you have made a Bow Shotgun)
  • Rune Stealer: You can steal from the memories of other people.
Backpack
  • A full doctor (that has already been used to cast Summon Bones)
  • A miniature full moon
  • A Rune
  • A familiar sabre
  • A Bomb
  • Enchanted broadsword
  • Enchanted quiver
  • Magical leggings
Quest Journal
  • Find your friend, Uriel.
  • Solve the mystery of the so-called Missing Objects.
  • Discover what happened to the doctor.
  • Help your brother Sebastian, the demi-God get back on the dev team.
  • Find the Grand Mage's wand to gain access to the Forester Temple. ✓
  • Learn Magic from the Fisherman.
:siren::siren::siren:
A voting window is now open!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inadequately
Oct 9, 2012

Since trying to reason our way out of this situation clearly hasn't worked, let's just trust our instincts and see where that takes us.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
6 time to :effort:

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

4. gently caress these guys. I'm sure there are plenty of other witches and dragons out there we can deal with.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.

thread title posted:

"Oooooh..." the Original Man says, "I knew it! You'll make me famous, for I am THE MAN!"

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Inadequately posted:

Since trying to reason our way out of this situation clearly hasn't worked, let's just trust our instincts and see where that takes us.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

We must trust the part of our brain even more primitive than the Original Man.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Well... That could've gone better.
Time to give up, I suppose. 6. :effort:

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

we're a barbarian, why would we bother thinking? 6

Thesaya
May 17, 2011

I am a Plant.
Hey, you forgot to add our new name to our character sheet! We're also Tarnatus now!

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.

Thesaya posted:

Hey, you forgot to add our new name to our character sheet! We're also Tarnatus now!

I took it as a way for the OG Man to refer to following men in general. And Blue Sheep is probably a nickname :v:

Rahonavis
Jan 11, 2012

"Clevuh gurrrl..."

I guess

5. Do something else: invent new things, kill small animals, maybe find a way to escape the witch's curse.

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

This is all The Worst Fairy's fault, somehow.

Go with 5, the only hope now is that the GM loses focus and forgets about The Original Man.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

ajkalan posted:

Go with 5, the only hope now is that the GM loses focus and forgets about The Original Man.
I'm pretty sure this is how we are going to defeat 90% of our obstacles :v:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I mean obviously 6. Can't have your plan derailed if you don't have a plan

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Not think about what you're going to do next.

quote:

"Wait...no, I'm not going to do that..." you shout, "I'm just going to act without thinking about what I'm going to do next!"

Suddenly
, you see a fox in a cage pop out of thin air. It throws a ball of magic at you, but your eyes glaze over and you fall into a deep trance.

You wake up in a field of flowers.

"Your sacrifice was not in vain. The evil witch was destroyed by my magic. I have your soul and the power of the dragon now. You are my master and my apprentice." the Original Man says. "I am going to take you to my cave, where you can learn magic from the Fisherman".

The Original Man gives you his staff.

"Remember, there is only one price: my power." he says, "My power will make you invincible. You can live forever, never having to live with the pain of loss."

You notice he has a gaping hole in his chest.

"It must have been a blunder that created my condition." the Original Man chuckles. "I can't die until my last breath has been taken. So, you can follow me anywhere I go, just to take my life."

The Fisherman is a fisherman and his boat washes up on the shore of a new island. He looks at you and is suddenly on top of you.

"Ah, you're just a puppy that didn't listen to your master!" he says. "Let me take you to him, boy!"

He drags you onto the boat and locks the door, locking you in.

"Nice try, but you have to get out of this boat." the Fisherman says. "And how are you going to do that?"

You look around the boat and notice you're not alone.

"He's on board." someone says.

A raccoon. You:
"Um, what's going on?"

2. "Why are you here, Mister?"

3. "We're all going to get out of this situation together"

4. "We're all going to die together"

5. "Can you teach me how to use magic?"

6. "Um...yeah. I can teach you how to use magic, if you'd like."

7. "Heey, shew, what's this I hear about a man with two arms?"
Our incredible luck got us out of the blunder with the Original Man, but it looks like now the Fisherman wants a piece of us too? At least we got a sweet staff out of the ordeal.

Thom "Mantis" Stormfist, the Master Barbarian (Lv 2.6) // [Assassin] Sebastian (Lv 1)

Attributes
  • Wisdom 11[+1]
  • Luck 6
  • Charisma 6
  • Swim 1[+1]
  • Athletics 0
  • Endurance 10[+1]
  • Health 10
  • Stamina 15
  • Stamina Recovery 10
  • Determination 1[+1]
  • Desperation 1[+1]
  • Honor 1[+1]
  • Shoot 1[+1]
  • Impress 1[+1]
  • Useful 1[+1]
  • L 1[+1]
Special Skills
  • Summon Bones: Click on the corpses of people you pass to pull out your buffs - your greatest tool in manipulating the board. The more bones you have summoned, the better of a buff you will have.
  • Magic Spell: ??? the last time we have tried to cast it, we got interrupted by a skeletal arm.
  • [Armor of the Fire】 [Cruel / Mysterious / Great] [Vengeful / Confident / Sarcasm]: ??? we gained these skills when we leveled as an [Assassin] Sebastian.
  • Glide
  • You can now use the special ability which allows you to make a weapon (you have made a Bow Shotgun)
Backpack
  • A miniature full moon
  • A Rune
  • A familiar sabre
  • A Bomb
  • Enchanted broadsword
  • Enchanted quiver
  • Magical leggings
  • The Original Man's staff
Quest Journal
  • Learn Magic from the Fisherman.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

7. What is this I hear about a man with two arms?

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

6, I can't foresee any issues with teaching a raccoon to use magic. Tom Nook is a great guy.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Black Robe posted:

6, I can't foresee any issues with teaching a raccoon to use magic. Tom Nook is a great guy.

this

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Black Robe posted:

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Black Robe posted:

:hai:

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

quote:

"I can't die until my last breath has been taken.

A fascinating insight into TOM's physiology.

2, golly gee Mr. Raccoon I don't know what's going on!

Whybird
Aug 2, 2009

Phaiston have long avoided the tightly competetive defence sector, but the IRDA Act 2052 has given us the freedom we need to bring out something really special.

https://team-robostar.itch.io/robostar

Nap Ghost
So the Original Man is heartless, loves making deals, covets money, and promises power but delivers us into slavery. He's not the Original Man in the sense of the first human ever born -- he's the original incarnation of The Man, keeping all free-minded folk shackled to their jobs.

e: clearly he's both our master and our apprentice because our mindless consumerism both feeds him and allows him to prey upon us.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Whybird posted:

he's the original incarnation of The Man, keeping all free-minded folk shackled to their jobs.
I mean

That Italian Guy posted:

He hasn't made a mistery of this! :bahgawd:

Thesaya
May 17, 2011

I am a Plant.

Tiggum posted:

7. What is this I hear about a man with two arms?

I too want to know.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Summon bones on the original man

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

SniperWoreConverse posted:

Summon bones on the original man
Well, he is technically still alive. So we can't click on his corpse to collect a buff.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

"Um...yeah. I can teach you how to use magic, if you'd like."

quote:

You say "Um...yeah. I can teach you how to use magic, if you'd like" to the raccoon.

"Who's your master?" the raccoon asks.

"The Original Man!" the Original Man exclaims.

"Well, you certainly don't look like him. You look more like a Blue Sheep!"

"Well, I'm kind of a hybrid." you say.

"I told you that you'd have to get out of that boat. How about this? You get on my back and we head to the Big Apple."

The Original Man is suddenly in the Big Apple.

"This is great! I'm on a boat in the Big Apple! What a way to get around!" he says. "I am hungry, and I want some hamburgers!"

You follow the Original Man.

The raccoon suddenly reveals! He was the Fisherman all along. "Well done" says the Fisherman "We must reward your loyalty and bravery. You shall be my apprentice." he says.

"Yes, but what about my master?" you ask.

"Hmm. Well, you're kind of an oddball. I think he'll like you." the Fisherman says.

"Wow! I'm in a boat in the Big Apple!" the Original Man exclaims.

"So am I" the Fisherman answers.

During your apprenticeship with the Fisherman you learn a great deal about magic; this will help you in your search for Uriel. In particular, you learn the following spell:
Receive Order: Combining Magic, Holy Water and Blessing, you form the final result, a sheathed sword.

2. Create World: Combine Armor and Blessing, you create a flaming sword that can impale you.

3. Animal Friend: Combine Armor and Blessing, a pet of your own, transforming you into a furry panther, which can carry you or rip people apart with its claws.

4. Nonexistent Alteration: Combine Holy Water and Blessing, transforming you into a platypus, which can only change back into its normal form once it has hit its target.

This spell is your most useful spell. Since you are a telepath, you can also command animals.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdzGCLHp50c

5. Equilibrium: Combine Water and Blessing, transforming you into a stone statue.

6. Lightening Armor: Combine Armor and Blessing, you turn into a glowworm.

7. Foot Soldier: Combine Armor and Blessing, transforming you into a stiletto wielding demon.

8. Rowing Ability: Combine Water and Blessing, transforming you into a rowing frog.

9. Metal Swarm: Combine Armor and Blessing, transforming you into a steel cobra.

10. Iron Collar: Combine Armor

All spells (except Receive Order and Receive Order), are difficult to pull off successfully without Divine Intervention.

This is your work.

It is time for your journey.

The Evil That Men Do

(spoken in Fantasia)

Attributes
  • Wisdom 11[+1]
  • Luck 6
  • Charisma 6
  • Swim 1[+1]
  • Athletics 0
  • Endurance 10[+1]
  • Health 10
  • Stamina 15
  • Stamina Recovery 10
  • Determination 1[+1]
  • Desperation 1[+1]
  • Honor 1[+1]
  • Shoot 1[+1]
  • Impress 1[+1]
  • Useful 1[+1]
  • L 1[+1]
Special Skills
  • Glide
Backpack
  • A miniature full moon
  • A Rune
  • A familiar sabre
  • A Bomb
  • Enchanted broadsword
  • Enchanted quiver
  • Magical leggings
  • The Original Man's staff
Quest Journal
  • Learn Magic from the Fisherman. ✓

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 11:15 on Nov 11, 2021

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

It's got to be 7. Who wouldn't want to transform into a stiletto wielding demon?

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

I like 6, for the simplicity of turning into a glowworm.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

3. Rip and tear! RIP AND TEAR!! :black101:

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

8 :getin:

t3isukone
Dec 18, 2020

13km away
The game itself is telling us 4 is the best choice!

Whybird
Aug 2, 2009

Phaiston have long avoided the tightly competetive defence sector, but the IRDA Act 2052 has given us the freedom we need to bring out something really special.

https://team-robostar.itch.io/robostar

Nap Ghost
Seems like the Original Man is a whole lot menacing all of a sudden. Maybe the thrill of being in the big city has got to him.

Anyway, 4. Let's be a telepathic platypus.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
The Original Man was clearly just season 1 bad guy, now our ally who has the attention span of a toddler.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
We have lots of weapons and few defenses.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Whybird posted:

4. Let's be a telepathic platypus.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

WaltherFeng posted:

The Original Man was clearly just season 1 bad guy, now our ally who has the attention span of a toddler.
It looks like this NN was mostly trained on Kickstarter pitches, fantasy and shonen.

Blastinus
Feb 28, 2010

Time to try my luck
:rolldice:
Crap.
Well, I guess we're in New York now. This adventure has certainly taken a turn.

Let's go for 4 - Nonexistent Alteration. Who knows what we could accomplish as a platypus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go
The Original Man is just so stoked to be in NYC :3: