Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

To this day they still do Mr Chapo bits

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

oh okay ive never listened to trashfuture so the reference went over my head lol. do they actually say mister chapo, to this very day? woild (british voice)

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

lobster shirt posted:

oh okay ive never listened to trashfuture so the reference went over my head lol. do they actually say mister chapo, to this very day? woild (british voice)

Yes.

I don't mind it

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Are they referencing gorka, I enjoy gorka references, I enjoy references to things I already like

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Dang, 5-4 got actual real life US Senator Sheldon Whitehouse on their latest ep. He's got a very wet voice but it's a good interview so far.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/DavidSacks/status/1458487783463473158?s=20

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
Callin is the first Social Podcasting platform where users can create, discover, and enjoy live and recorded audio content all in one place.

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

https://twitter.com/DavidSacks/status/1458487783463473158
https://twitter.com/bariweiss/status/1458512267025158152

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
grifters gonna grift

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Mythical Moderate
Jul 5, 2002

My heart and actions are utterly unclouded. They are all those of 'Justice'.

Where's Virgil???

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

podcasts should be for comedy, sports and interviewing scientists. thats it

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

lol at Brie finally escaping Virgil.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Brie’s association with Virgil will hopefully dog her for the rest of her career, even though he may never surface and we’ll never hear from them again.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
when the Thielbux come calling you get to see who they really are.

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica

C-Euro posted:

Dang, 5-4 got actual real life US Senator Sheldon Whitehouse on their latest ep. He's got a very wet voice but it's a good interview so far.

hot off that nyt article about them

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOPlK10Rcdk

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
lol. lmao.

https://twitter.com/GarbageApe/status/1458549896164909056?s=20

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
If I ever need second hand shame I just read this thread

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Has anyone got a tip for a good podcast (or audio book) about the Russian Civil War? I've been enjoying Revolutions' slow build-up but at this point I'd like to learn more about how it played out without having to wait another year.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

lol i would love to see bari go on andray domise's podcast

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

Bust Rodd posted:

Brie’s association with Virgil will hopefully dog her for the rest of her career, even though he may never surface and we’ll never hear from them again.
christ you people are loving insane, those supposed (again, all we have is an anonymous twitter thread made by a person who named themselves after a known false accusation incident) events happened like 8-9 years ago, long before she knew him. she's somehow responsible for that, somehow?

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
I was hanging out with Virgil on facebook around when Obama's second election happened, and there were accusations then

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

lobster shirt posted:

lol i would love to see bari go on andray domise's podcast

He's such a weird include on the list because he's an actual marxist.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Brie would probably come out smelling cleaner if she had done a podcast with Virgil's friend Sam Hyde. It would probably be more entertaining too.

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
Like Van Jones

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

Nanomashoes posted:

Brie would probably come out smelling cleaner if she had done a podcast with Virgil's friend Sam Hyde. It would probably be more entertaining too.

Where's virgil's substack collaboration with sam hyde, bring it full-circle

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

Shipon posted:

christ you people are loving insane, those supposed (again, all we have is an anonymous twitter thread made by a person who named themselves after a known false accusation incident) events happened like 8-9 years ago, long before she knew him. she's somehow responsible for that, somehow?

Yes, simp.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Brie is what happens when you don't read theory.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1458565139800760320?s=20

A great poem about a guy that has a lot of good stuff happen to him.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Shipon posted:

christ you people

let me be clear, I don’t think Brie has anything to do with Virgil’s alleged grooming or knew about it at all! I DO think that ghosting your cohost and the cushiest commentariat broadcasting job imaginable and leaving tens of thousands of fans shrugging like “WTF” is extremely funny, a defining moment of the “podcast era”, and something that should have very long comedy legs that will make me laugh basically forever

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

why isn't brie's show's name some sort of pun on force the vote

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

AnimeIsTrash posted:

He's such a weird include on the list because he's an actual marxist.

yeah lol its very weird. but him vs bari or really any of the other dummies on the podcast network would be incredible

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

why isn't brie's show's name some sort of pun on force the vote

Truthseekers of the Intellectual Dark Web presents: Twitter Engagements down 4 Truth

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

lobster shirt posted:

yeah lol its very weird. but him vs bari or really any of the other dummies on the podcast network would be incredible

he's going to cohost a show with greenwald

https://twitter.com/DavidSacks/status/1458505774687301638

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.
grifting is when you podcast

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
virgil is prob a creeper i dont know and personally i dont care. but i have to respect the "just leave" move in response to the pitchfork and torch mob. its second only to the "categorically deny any and all accusations and pay them no mind" move but that requires substantially more power and gusto.

sometimes when you got a grip of ppl on ur rear end lighting you up and calling u a fucker, well, u can just leave. its alright. its a big world. gently caress it.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
irish exit that bitch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Smythe posted:

irish exit that bitch

i call it the "humungus rule."

Walk away. Just walk away and there will be an end to the horror.