Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Is Rarity a gamer?
This poll is closed.
Yes 17 17.35%
Obviously 43 43.88%
Noisette 23 23.47%
please visit my new and wildly popular subreddit r/SNUle34 15 15.31%
Total: 98 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Rarity posted:

Please explain the reason for this weird double post

too lazy to hit the edit button

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

too lazy to hit the edit button

Relateable

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

More posts means we get to p.69 earlier

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Which is a meme number and memes are fun!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Where were you for page 42.0 :colbert:

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

This is from page ~6.9

Jay Rust posted:

Hello, I’m the next Bond girl, Tits Amazeballs

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

I said come in! posted:

It's my birthday today. :kiddo:

Happy birthday, assuming it still is otherwise I take it back until next year

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I think jump forces was the game that had Kira from Death Note as a major character but not as an actual fighter, and also iirc it was incredibly easy to mess with the game's code for some reason.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I was just thinking how it’s not Modern Yoshi I have a problem with, it’s 3D Yoshi

What a dumb bulbous goiter for a nose

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Willo567 posted:

God what went so loving wrong with that game? Ugly character models, a story that took itself way too seriously, and no goofy fun series like Dr. Slump, Bobobo or Gintama

I chalked it up to trying to appeal to the west since it got first revealed at one of Microsoft's E3 conferences.

The worst part of Jump Force is they gave Blackbeard a regular laugh instead of his signature laugh that every One Piece character has.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

homeless snail posted:

stardew only gets by because most of the real harvest moons are kinda bad, but it can't compare to any of the good ones

this

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

homeless snail posted:

if you're including rune factory, as I do, literally any of the rune factories

if not, well, mineral town is pretty good I'm sorry. as is, magical melody, 64, and the original snes game. none of those aside from maybe hm1 are easy to look at though, even the prettiest hm, a wonderful life, has atrocious aesthetics

this too except for the part where they're ugly. well, magical melody is

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZYZBCiDIxU

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

FirstAidKite posted:

I think jump forces was the game that had Kira from Death Note as a major character but not as an actual fighter, and also iirc it was incredibly easy to mess with the game's code for some reason.

😐✋ Kira from death note
👀👉 Kira from jojo's bizarre adventure 4: diamond is unbreakable

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

I said come in! posted:

It's my birthday today. :kiddo:

I said get out!

....and have a rad birthday!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Jump Force has Ryo Saeba from City Hunter and most of his attacks are just shooting you with a gun

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Elden Ring is looking like Dark Souls 2 on steroids, I love it

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Elden Ring looks good as hell and I can't wait to play it (and agonize over how to build my first character :ohdear:)

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Harrow posted:

Elden Ring looks good as hell and I can't wait to play it (and agonize over how to build my first character :ohdear:)

Gonna go battlemage as always

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Harrow posted:

Imho go peak Fashion Souls. Style all over your enemies with the not-pyromancer class Red Mage-style.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
I hope I can play A Sekiro in Elden Ring

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Monkey Fracas posted:

I hope I can play A Sekiro in Elden Ring

I hope you can find a broken pistol and a rusty katana

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

RBA Starblade posted:

Gonna go battlemage as always

I think I will, too, and it looks like the game really lets you lean into that. I've only watched Vaati's video so far, but there are items that change the scaling of your weapons (as usual) but they also give you different weapon arts, and he uses a magic/sorcery weapon art with his twinblade.

Having specifically magical weapon arts that you can stick onto any weapon is going to make playing a battlemage/mystic knight-type character really fun, I think. It'll feel more flexible than it does in the Souls games. I bet there are some cool faith weapon arts, too, and being a paladin-type will be cool.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Harrow posted:

I think I will, too, and it looks like the game really lets you lean into that. I've only watched Vaati's video so far, but there are items that change the scaling of your weapons (as usual) but they also give you different weapon arts, and he uses a magic/sorcery weapon art with his twinblade.

Having specifically magical weapon arts that you can stick onto any weapon is going to make playing a battlemage/mystic knight-type character really fun, I think. It'll feel more flexible than it does in the Souls games. I bet there are some cool faith weapon arts, too, and being a paladin-type will be cool.

I'm irrationally excited for powerstancing and horseback riding, dual wield lances off a horse lmao

Dark Souls 2 Scholar of the breath of the wild gonna own

Charles 1998
Sep 27, 2007

by VideoGames

RBA Starblade posted:

Elden Ring is looking like Dark Souls 2 on steroids, I love it

You really think it'll be that bad?

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
There's 1 correct way to play souls games and it's building STR

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Dark Souls 2 has a lot of fun elements that were unnecessarily dropped from DS3, and powerstancing is one of them

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Charles 1998 posted:

You really think it'll be that bad?

It won't be another Bloodborne that's for sure

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

RBA Starblade posted:

Just when I thought we were forging a DS2 defender alliance you stab me in the back

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

RBA Starblade posted:

Yeah it'll have 50% more frames

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Yeah it'll have 50% more frames

45?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Harrow posted:

Just when I thought we were forging a DS2 defender alliance you stab me in the back

Should've equipped Gower's ring :v:

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

i am owned

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Fist of Gratia is cool even if it's not the most useful

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

FirstAidKite posted:

Fist of Gratia is cool even if it's not the most useful

Those heels probably are less useful

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Finally, Dark Souls 2 2

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

VideoGames posted:

Happppy birthday! :D

Thank you for the happy birthday wishes everyone. :toot: I got myself a Sega Saturn this year, thanks to a super awesome goon that modded it up for me. Also pre-ordered Shin Megami Tensei V, and for the rest of the week I am leaving home for Portland to spend the rest of the week there seeing friends, and having a good time.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charles 1998
Sep 27, 2007

by VideoGames

30 actually.