Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Is Rarity a gamer?
This poll is closed.
Yes 17 17.35%
Obviously 43 43.88%
Noisette 23 23.47%
please visit my new and wildly popular subreddit r/SNUle34 15 15.31%
Total: 98 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
Parrying is what makes a good souls game a great souls game

It's the top post on page 47, so this is an absolute fact for at least page 47

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

FlowerRhythmREMIX posted:

It's the top post on page 47, so this is an absolute fact for at least page 47

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLaWVsvSs64&t=199s

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I have not played too much of the Soulsborne but Elden Ring looks cool

Charles 1998
Sep 27, 2007

by VideoGames
GTA Reforged looking good

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

shut up about all that other garbage

https://twitter.com/Elex_Game/status/1458434272113606658

it's time for eurojank

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Charles 1998 posted:

:whitewater:

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

homeless snail posted:

the dark secret of harvest moon, is that most of them have barely any farming, and "the bad hms" are often the ones that focus on it most heavily. the farm in rf4 is tiny as gently caress and you can only have, a little bit of livestock. but the amount of farming they do have, it is crucial that you manage because you have to do it but it sucks time and energy away from what is more important. its a careful balance of design

i only played rf 1 and 2 but the careful balance felt like a lot of loving about in caves chugging poo poo I plucked out of the ground just to hopefully get this part over with. At the same time, Stardew I only know through a lens of playing with mods which isn't a fair comparison. I guess I use whatever cheats or exploits are available to me in any RF/HM game too though. I really think there's jus ta lot of room to improve on that front, I don't think any of them manage the time/energy aspect very well at all.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

FlowerRhythmREMIX posted:

parrying is good QTE

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Any game in which you're expected to enter a series of button presses is a QTE, when you really think about it.

Charles 1998
Sep 27, 2007

by VideoGames

Khanstant posted:

parrying is good QTE

It's not a QTE unless the button appears on the screen. :colbert:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
On rails platformer sections are QTEs

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
radical QTE anarchy

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
Driving games are QTEs

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Charles 1998 posted:

It's not a QTE unless the button appears on the screen. :colbert:

so the ones in sekiro?

Charles 1998
Sep 27, 2007

by VideoGames

Khanstant posted:

so the ones in sekiro?

I wouldn't know, I don't play weeb games.

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

guys, the last (?) boss of Metroid Dread is really hard and I might not be able to beat this game

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Andrast posted:

shut up about all that other garbage

https://twitter.com/Elex_Game/status/1458434272113606658

it's time for eurojank

“The Skyands” 😬
Does not roll off the tongue (almost literally)

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Whizzing Wizard posted:

guys, the last (?) boss of Metroid Dread is really hard and I might not be able to beat this game

You can do it! You can parry more of the moves in the first phase than you think, and if you can get past the second phase you're gonna win. Take it slow and cautious in the second phase and don't get greedy going for damage.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Harrow posted:

You can do it! You can parry more of the moves in the first phase than you think, and if you can get past the second phase you're gonna win. Take it slow and cautious in the second phase and don't get greedy going for damage.

The second phase can also be cheesed by going for a dash melee into one of the corners and then manually aiming right before he opens fire. Samus ducks down slightly doing this and Raven Beak won't adjust his aim to account for it. You'll take minimal damage.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Uh oh I might have to play a miracle build in Elden Ring, they look extremely good and cool (and also pyromancy might be miracles this time around?)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxzZ6oS8MQA

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Do not tell me anything about Elden Ring, I don’t want to know anything going in, i don’t want to know what males a ring elden until it comes out and I can play it and find out for myself

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Charles 1998 posted:

lmfao

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I already saw the word "horse" on the last page and it's ruined the game for me, now I know to expect horses

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Jay Rust posted:

I already saw the word "horse" on the last page and it's ruined the game for me, now I know to expect horses
no, it means you have to play 1-on-1 basketball against one of the bosses

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
The souls/blood echos equivalent is now heroin

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Jay Rust posted:

Do not tell me anything about Elden Ring, I don’t want to know anything going in, i don’t want to know what males a ring elden until it comes out and I can play it and find out for myself

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
There is a sword in Elden Ring, I bet

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
will it be dark souls 4, or..... lost kingdoms 3???

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
gonna post a ton of things about elden ring and a few of them will be true

you can now choose between aggressive, suave, and professional dialogue options
there's a horse
lore is now contained in NFTs

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Elden Ring is the Breath of the Wild of Dark Souls, even if it lacks the heart of Persona 5.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Elden Ring is: RPG; hobby-grade coop campaign; genre-blended, multi-mode competitive e-sports; meta-growth, choice + epic Elden Ring heroes!

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Looper posted:

will it be dark souls 4, or..... lost kingdoms 3???

eternal ring 2

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

exquisite tea posted:

Elden Ring is: RPG; hobby-grade coop campaign; genre-blended, multi-mode competitive e-sports; meta-growth, choice + epic Elden Ring heroes!

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
hoping for a final The Gunk release date and maybe a new SteamWorld game announcement

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgA3YVs-uZ0

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

haveblue posted:

eternal ring 2

:vince:

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I'm just going to keep playing Favor and Protection Ring

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Waffleman_ posted:

Elden Ring is the Breath of the Wild of Dark Souls, even if it lacks the heart of Persona 5.

It's about drat time

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
One thing about Elden Ring is certain.

I am going to play it.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

VideoGames posted:

One thing about Elden Ring is certain.

I am going to play it.

This is why I don't want to hear a single thing about it, because I already know I'm going to play it so why waste my sense of wonder and the joy of discovery on poo poo from some beta test? People whip themselves into unwinnable frenzies of hype for games nowadays and if people weren't obsessed with every detail of games pre-release I posit people would have better times with games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

This is why I don't want to hear a single thing about it, because I already know I'm going to play it so why waste my sense of wonder and the joy of discovery on poo poo from some beta test? People whip themselves into unwinnable frenzies of hype for games nowadays and if people weren't obsessed with every detail of games pre-release I posit people would have better times with games.

On the other hand, I don't give a poo poo about spoilers so lay em on me

Tell me your secrets, Gurm