Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

remigious
May 13, 2009

Destruction comes inevitably :rip:

Hell Gem

Nordick posted:

EDIT: Also, if you missed me mentioning them two weeks ago and want some more power metal with some oomph to it, Ravenous E.H. are very very good:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVvbuTw2veA

I’ve been listening to this a lot thanks to your post, really fun stuff!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
The First Fragment album is fun! Reminds me of Gorod for some reason.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Weaponized Cum posted:

It reminds me a lot of the sort of mid to late 00s tech death I would come across and obsess over nonstop. I’m definitely into it so far. Way better than 99% of the tech death I’ve heard over the last 10 years or so.

rxcowboy
Sep 13, 2008

I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth; fucked both a chick and her mom

I will get anal. Oh yes.

Kvlt! posted:

I was listening to Frozen Soul today and I can't remember the name of that band we were talking about that had a release that was titled something about the cold that we found kinda funny

it's getting chilly here so I'm busting out the music with lyrics about cold. Suggestions welcome, any genre!

Darkthrone's original black metal trilogy are the coldest albums I've ever heard.

Decades later they released Artic Thunder which is literally about the cold but feels less chilly than their original material but it's still loving awesome and you should listen.

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?
Paysage d’Hiver is cold as gently caress. Probably half his lyrics are the word “cold” or “dark”

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

For my cold suggestion, Battle Dagorath. This album in particular just sounds like being lost on a mountain.

Coldest song of 2021 though is easily Frigid and Spellbound

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

Nazzadan posted:

Churchburn, sludgy death doom

gently caress yes I totally forgot that this was on the horizon

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

ever have those moments listening to an album you “like” when it finally clicks and uou wonder how the hell you didnt love the album?

having that moment rn with hellriffer’s “coagulating darkness”

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.
This is certainly one of the more interesting and weird mostly black metal releases I've come across recently. Ikarikitomidun, Lord of the Forest by Tjolgtjar.

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

Sir, we have located the Bioweapon.
College Slice

Nazzadan posted:

Friday Bandcamp day new release day

Portrayal of Guilt, screamo, bm
Mortiferum, death doom
Heavenfield, bm (huh, from around here. Neat)
Malebranche, atmoblack
møl, blackgaze
Omnium Gatherum on non-BC, melodeath
Autokrator, blackened death
Mystras, atmoblack
The Night Eternal, trad doom
Anomalie, atmoblack
Bornholm, bm (not fully out)
Churchburn, sludgy death doom
Fornhem, bm
Gold Spire, avant-garde
Altareth, doom
Rongeur, sludge
Peine Kapital, sludge
Carthage, slam
Gravavgrav, droning dm
Ha, that album by portrayal of guilt is called 'Christfucker'. Names like this make me laugh, because, I dunno. Metal. it's actually a pretty good record.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

That Churchburn album is some real angry poo poo. Blast it.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Weaponized Cum posted:

That Churchburn album is some real angry poo poo. Blast it.

With a name like that I'm surprised it's not BM, though

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
i didnt click it because i thought it was gonna be some shoegaze type poo poo but it seems to be getting hype so ill check it out

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Churchburn are like Eyehategod. Music is good but I never reccomend them to people without the disclaimer "ignore the dumb edgy name"

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Kvlt! posted:

Churchburn are like Eyehategod. Music is good but I never reccomend them to people without the disclaimer "ignore the dumb edgy name"

A friend of mine made a video for a nyc band called Child Abuse. They realized it was stupid but started getting known and by that point didn’t want to change names.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
speaking of, i saw gwar/eyehategod/napalm death last night.

eyehategod and napalm death were very good, and even without oderus, gwar still can put on a great show. i had a ton of fun, my first metal show back since covid.

place was absolutely packed.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

I saw a couple shows in the last week or so,

Couch Slut were dressed up for Halloween

As were Pyrrhon

Imperial Triumphant always dress up

Last night started with Glorious Depravity

Then Artificial Brain were great, I love the vocalist

And Inter Arma were heavy as gently caress

Oh yeah that was all at Saint Vitus

Snowy fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Nov 7, 2021

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Imperial Triumphant should’ve just dressed in street clothes.

Artificial Brain have a new vocalist right? Does he have as hilariously stereotypical of a New York accent as the old guy?

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Henchman of Santa posted:

Imperial Triumphant should’ve just dressed in street clothes.

I thought they were about to but it was just the sound check

quote:

Artificial Brain have a new vocalist right? Does he have as hilariously stereotypical of a New York accent as the old guy?

I didn’t know anything about them before this show but this dude recommended the chop cheese from the bodega across the street and did cute little hip hop dance shuffles so he’s ok by me

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
https://fxtwitter.com/portrayalof/status/1457370433007718400

Groke
Jul 27, 2007
New Adventures In Mom Strength
Cold dark Norwegian 1990s chat up in here now, reminds me of being cold and dark in Norway in the 1990s and listening to this poo poo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xa2DIgfyG-E

(Not black metal but pretty drat cold and dark anyway.)

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

new Mortiferum is amazing

McFlurry Fan #1
Dec 31, 2005

He can't kill me. I'm indestructible. Everybody knows that

That Churchburn album is absolutely crushing, didn't realise it was the drummer from loving Grief

Opulent Ceremony
Feb 22, 2012

Weaponized Cum posted:

It's for good reason, particularly Process of a New Decline. The First Fragment is really great. I thought I might not like tech-death so much these days since I haven't cared for anything Archspire did, but I guess I was just looking for something different.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
French canadians do really good tech metal. I'm still bummed Children never put out more poo poo.

I'm still gonna post this, but I just found out Children were from new york and not quebec and i'm really confused

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

muike posted:

French canadians do really good tech metal. I'm still bummed Children never put out more poo poo.

I'm still gonna post this, but I just found out Children were from new york and not quebec and i'm really confused

Quebec or New York, I'm giving their sole album a spin and I need more tech thrash like this injected directly into my veins

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
Hard Times Hanging At The End Of The World is one of the best thrashy albums ever. their previous project STREETS (skateboarding totally rules, everything else totally sucks) is also really good

I really want Hard Times on vinyl cuz it's such a good album cover

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Hard Times Hanging at the End of the World is seriously one of the best albums that I barely ever see anyone mention. It’s soooo good.

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord
It’s such an underrated gem. Amazon has the vinyl as well as their Tribes single too.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

https://youtu.be/pK0-c84ntnM this fux

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
been cranking through more death fortress again, which seem like pretty good hate forest worship.

wish more black metal sounded like that

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

anyone have any good Lifelover/Psychonaut 4 type bands? I don't really know what to call it. Depressive blackened rock?

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Gently enveloping the target with indiscriminate love.

Kvlt! posted:

anyone have any good Lifelover/Psychonaut 4 type bands? I don't really know what to call it. Depressive blackened rock?

Don't know those bands, but do you mean psychedelic metal?
https://jessandtheancientones.bandcamp.com/

Googling gives psychonaut 4 as post-black, and from listening to that how about gaerea?
https://gaerea.bandcamp.com/album/limbo

e: and that other hard to spell band that had that amazing video out last year.
https://oranssipazuzu.bandcamp.com/album/mestarin-kynsi

VictualSquid fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Nov 10, 2021

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
https://www.revolvermag.com/music/hear-200-stab-wounds-clobbering-new-album-slave-scalpel

listen to the new 200 stab wounds if you feel like it

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

i love that dumb sound

ThePopeOfFun
Feb 15, 2010

indeed gud

4th quarter turning out some great metal. I haven't been super thrilled with many releases this year, but there's been some killer albums recently.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

Kvlt! posted:

Have a Nice Life

https://haveanicelife.bandcamp.com/

szary
Mar 12, 2014

Kvlt! posted:

https://vemodsorkestern.bandcamp.com/music

Cynicus
May 1, 2008

owling furies.

I need some war metal in my life.

rec. me your best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Green Lung is coming and playing a venue local to me on 4/20, hell yeah baby!