Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh
drat they brought back the Boreal Outrider Knight from Dark Souls 3 and didn't even have the decency to give you an elevator shaft to lure him down

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

multijoe posted:

How do you they keep topping themselves? I know I should keep my expectations within reason but this genuinely looks like a GOAT game

The only reason I'm not insanely bummed about the delay is I probably wouldn't have been able to take the original day off. They're the only ones that have ever made games that I'll take the day off for.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Magic looks really fun in this and I really like how it looks like you can assign sorcery-based weapon arts to weapons. I really love that as a concept and I think it's going to make playing a spellblade or mystic knight-type character a lot more fun than it usually is. The equivalent of Homing Soul Arrow/Homing Soulmass apparently being a weapon art is really interesting, for example. I can't wait to see what other sorcery or faith weapon arts there are.

Can't wait to see this game's take on the Moonlight Greatsword because c'mon you know it's there

Also do any of the videos go over what Arcane does?

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
It's Luck.

e: Other big stat thing would probably be that Strength is what determines carry weight.

ghouldaddy07
Jun 23, 2008
The game looks amazing but From really need to update the Hud. It clashes with the quality art direction.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I'll be honest, I don't think I've liked the look of the HUD (specifically the HP/stamina meter section) in a single Souls game except for Bloodborne, so I've already made my peace with it

giZm
Jul 7, 2003

Only the insane equates pain with success

ghouldaddy07 posted:

The game looks amazing but From really need to update the Hud. It clashes with the quality art direction.

HUD/Menu is placeholder for network test.

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009

Flint_Paper posted:

Can't believe I'm finally going to buy an NFT

(New Fromsof Tgame)

same op

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

My team got swept out of the playoffs, and all I got was this avatar and red text

don't really care much about the videos but hearing that powerstancing is back is huge

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Concurred posted:

don't really care much about the videos but hearing that powerstancing is back is huge

:aaa: :slick: :sotw:

anothergod
Apr 11, 2016

PS4 or GTX1050 PC

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Concurred posted:

Okay now I'm hyped.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

anothergod posted:

PS4 or GTX1050 PC

According to leaked system info the ps4 will only be 30fps, and you'll probably be able to play at low settings on a 1050 around 50-60FPS if DS3 and Sekiro are any indication. My kid played both at low (but still nice looking) settings and was right around 50-60.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I bet the PS4 version will have jacked up frame pacing like every other FROM game on the console, so go with PC

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Concurred posted:

WHAT!

Praise the Sun Tree!

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Yeah, the PC will better even with a 1050. I have a 1070 and run DS3 maxed out at 3440 ultrawide (with INI hack).

PS4 non-pro is too limiting.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

ymfah has an Elden Ring video too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxzZ6oS8MQA

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

delete this thread now that gameplay videos are coming out

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

The ymfah video shows off miracles and they look extremely sick

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

God it looks really loving good haha. drat. I wasn’t expecting to be happy about every last single thing.

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

My team got swept out of the playoffs, and all I got was this avatar and red text

the large and great great and large club club can finally return

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
Anyone who got accepted for the network test can play the main menu and title music of Elden Ring right now!

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
The horse looks absolutely busted lol

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Colonel Whitey posted:

The horse looks absolutely busted lol

don't worry I hear they're making them hotter in the full release

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
Amusing that a Faith build lets you go full Pokemon trainer and heal your summons so they can keep blasting dudes for you. That's legitimately a new way to play these games and I wonder how well it will work.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Good, stay tuned for my erotic fanart

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009

Mulva posted:

Amusing that a Faith build lets you go full Pokemon trainer and heal your summons so they can keep blasting dudes for you. That's legitimately a new way to play these games and I wonder how well it will work.

Oh drat that sounds like it will make for a really fun run.

Someone made a pokemon mod for DS3 where you captured and summoned enemies to fight for you. You only did 1 damage so you had to solely rely on your summons to kill things. It looked kinda neat, but a bit cumbersome.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I want to know more about the range of what sorceries do. Faith seems to do everything you could want it to--multiple damage types, multiple ranges (melee, near-range projectiles, far-ranged strikes, AoE), buffs, healing, you name it. So far sorcery seems a lot more limited, or at least the sorceries that people are showing off in these videos seem more limited. Do any of them have a damage type other than magic?

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

Interesting to note that summons are only available in certain areas and are disabled for certain bosses, and I think also disabled in multiplayer?

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009

Colonel Whitey posted:

Interesting to note that summons are only available in certain areas and are disabled for certain bosses, and I think also disabled in multiplayer?

Disabled in co-op makes sense. But kinda sad that you cant gank invaders with your summon buddies.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Also it looks like an actual "rogue" build might be workable now that there's stealth and various other stealth tools like sleep arrows. That's pretty fun.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

lol

Ashrik
Feb 9, 2009

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.
oh my loving god, it looks even better than I thought it would. I feel the hype hype hype

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

The change to flasks is..simply awesome. I watched Skillup’s video and totally agree with him. Usually the flaks mechanic makes leaving a bonfire feel like an expedition of attrition: go as far as you can before running out of flasks, then go back or maybe get to the next bonfire.

Elden Ring? Killing packs of enemies or a difficult enemy grants flask refills. Literally a keep going, keep fighting, keep exploring mechanic. He says it dramatically increases uptime and in this open world type game, it’s truly made perfect.

loving awesome.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Colonel Whitey posted:

Yeah that's kind of a copout. It's an interesting mechanic that they'd have to really work to balance properly... So they didn't, and it pretty much amounts to a static gimmick for very specific circumstances.

Dark Souls is no stranger to gimmick fights, of course, but I was hoping they'd do more with it than that.

Blind Rasputin posted:

The change to flasks is..simply awesome. I watched Skillup’s video and totally agree with him. Usually the flaks mechanic makes leaving a bonfire feel like an expedition of attrition: go as far as you can before running out of flasks, then go back or maybe get to the next bonfire.

Elden Ring? Killing packs of enemies or a difficult enemy grants flask refills. Literally a keep going, keep fighting, keep exploring mechanic. He says it dramatically increases uptime and in this open world type game, it’s truly made perfect.

loving awesome.

Oooh I like that.

Rotten Red Rod fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Nov 10, 2021

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT

Blind Rasputin posted:

loving awesome.

This actually was the case in DS1 and 3 at least but you’d only ever come across it once or twice and without knowing because the refill criteria were 1) too high 2) never explained

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
I've watched enough. gently caress I cant wait

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

bows1 posted:

I've watched enough. gently caress I cant wait

I just watched a bit of Vaati's vidya and I would like this game very much.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Aidan_702 posted:

This actually was the case in DS1 and 3 at least but you’d only ever come across it once or twice and without knowing because the refill criteria were 1) too high 2) never explained

I thought that mechanic had something to do with the multiplayer? Like when people did some task in their game nearby your location, you'd get a free estus drink.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

I didn’t totally love the look of the first area, it has this washed out brownish yellow tinge that I find kind of unappealing. Going by the gameplay preview there will be a nice variety to the locales so it’s a pretty minor complaint and I think the game overall looks great.