Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

I'm loving shaking right now, just praying that Omalley Dillon is empowered

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

how are we doing on this list

https://twitter.com/samstein/status/1349354126711418881?lang=en

(Harry Reid tells us it's coming)

lmfao embed ducklo returns hahahahhahahahahahahah

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
Jennifer Brigid O'Malley Dillon is an American political strategist and campaign manager serving as the White House deputy chief of staff under President Joe Biden. She was the manager of Biden's 2020 presidential campaign. O'Malley Dillon previously served as the manager of Beto O'Rourke's 2020 presidential campaign

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Just wanted to use this thread to laugh at the Democrats passing mandatory alcolocks for cars with their "infrastructure" tax break bill, for no other reason than to make people angry at Democrats over their nanny-state tendencies. Gotta lessen the impact of your own legislation as much as possible!

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Who in the gently caress is Omalley Dillon

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Fame Douglas posted:

Just wanted to use this thread to laugh at the Democrats passing mandatory alcolocks for cars with their "infrastructure" tax break bill, for no other reason than to make people angry at Democrats over their nanny-state tendencies. Gotta lessen the impact of your own legislation as much as possible!

thats in the bill? blow to go on all cars? lol

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Smythe posted:

Jennifer Brigid O'Malley Dillon is an American political strategist and campaign manager serving as the White House deputy chief of staff under President Joe Biden. She was the manager of Biden's 2020 presidential campaign. O'Malley Dillon previously served as the manager of Beto O'Rourke's 2020 presidential campaign

lmao

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Real hurthling! posted:

catering to the enormous "let alcoholics die in wildfires" demographic

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Real hurthling! posted:

Apparently still is. I read an article about this months ago, the plan is for some kind of passive technology: Like alcohol sniffers in the car that measure alcohol content in the air without you having to actively blow into an alcolock from 2026 on. At the moment, no such technology is even close to being reliable at all.

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 375 days!

Mayor Dave posted:

ducklo has definitely not been embedded

didn't they embed ducklo than almost immediately unembed him because he's a sexpest or hates women or w/e

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

that technology was pushed/bribed etc by car insurance companies to be included

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007

tenderjerk posted:

didn't they embed ducklo than almost immediately unembed him because he's a sexpest or hates women or w/e

He had a violent blowup with a woman reporter who was asking him about his relationship with another reporter if I remember.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Nucleic Acids posted:

He had a violent blowup with a woman reporter who was asking him about his relationship with another reporter if I remember.

Yeah he had a conflict of interest situation that led to meltdown / aggressive emails when another reporter was investigating it:
https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2021/02/i-will-destroy-you-biden-aide-threatened-a-politico-reporter-pursuing-a-story-on-his-relationship

He also went after the reporter saying she was doing it since she was jealous of the conflict of interest relationship he was having with another reporter.

Remember everyone the Biden administration will be better than Trumps!

Raiad
Feb 1, 2005

Without the law, there wouldn't be lawyers.

etalian posted:

Yeah he had a conflict of interest situation that led to meltdown / aggressive emails when another reporter was investigating it:
https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2021/02/i-will-destroy-you-biden-aide-threatened-a-politico-reporter-pursuing-a-story-on-his-relationship

He also went after the reporter saying she was doing it since she was jealous of the conflict of interest relationship he was having with another reporter.

Remember everyone the Biden administration will be better than Trumps!

it is better because at least our violent sexpest has cancer

kaxman
Jan 15, 2003

vyelkin posted:

catering to the enormous "let alcoholics die in wildfires" demographic

Seems it would be loving easy to have an override button that you could use in a genuine emergency and justify said use after the fact. Seems like a really loving obvious situation you could design around.

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

kaxman posted:

Seems it would be loving easy to have an override button that you could use in a genuine emergency and justify said use after the fact. Seems like a really loving obvious situation you could design around.

maybe we could make it cost $10,000 or something reasonable like that if you push the button

kaxman
Jan 15, 2003

HallelujahLee posted:

that technology was pushed/bribed etc by car insurance companies to be included

Oh wow the organizations that pay out after idiots drunk drive their cars into other people push for legislation to reduce the incidence of these expensive events

loving imagine that

kaxman
Jan 15, 2003

a few DRUNK BONERS posted:

maybe we could make it cost $10,000 or something reasonable like that if you push the button

Sure if you push it and it turns out your town wasn't on fire you just get a DUI who gives a poo poo.

Tired of fines in absolute dollars though, percentage of your net worth or income for a period of time or something

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

kaxman posted:

Sure if you push it and it turns out your town wasn't on fire you just get a DUI who gives a poo poo.

Tired of fines in absolute dollars though, percentage of your net worth or income for a period of time or something

yes! now you're talking, maybe we can take their houses and or children away too

Don Pigeon
Oct 29, 2005

Great pigeons are not born great. They grow great by eating lots of bread crumbs.
What am i gonna tell my kid, when he asks why we didnt embed ducklo...

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Raiad posted:

it is better because at least our violent sexpest has cancer

I guess he thought the best tactic for having a conflict of interest in his pants was bragging to the investigating journalist that we was a high desirable date to women.

Negging TJ Ducklo style!

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

kaxman posted:

Oh wow the organizations that pay out after idiots drunk drive their cars into other people push for legislation to reduce the incidence of these expensive events

loving imagine that

lmao if you think those things will do jack poo poo to reduce drunk driving

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

I'm looking forward to cop cars having them installed.

*hand goes to ear*

oh I'm getting concerning news regarding this

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

kaxman posted:

Seems like a really stupid feature that no one wants that is going to be trivially easy for anyone to campaign against and even if is never implemented will be pointed to as an example of stupid poo poo being done at the behest of lobbyists with no consideration for real world impacts.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
a completely useless gesture guaranteed to piss people off that was ordered by their corporate masters. yep, that's the dems.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Someday Democratic consultants will realize that the optimal way to do e-mail fundraising is to send out e-mails where they accuse you of not caring about them and threaten to kill themselves if you don't send them money

Nancy Pelosi: I bet you wouldn't care if I was dead. All I'm asking for is $20...is my life not even worth $20 to you?

StarlightCrusader posted:

The Dems seem committed to doing nothing, so I doubt they actually care that they might lose in 2022. They'll use the loss to fundraise and as a narrative to blame Progressives. Here's the thing: not only do the Dems not care about most of the causes they supposedly champion, they can't actually solve the issues if they want to sustain their money supply and talking points. Imagine that they actually took meaningful action towards climate change, immigration reform, LGBT+ rights, etc. Not only would many of their donors be upset because of the economic implications, but it also makes the vast nonprofit industry obsolete. Why give Dreamers permanent status or even citizenship when there's ~economic activity~ to be made with nonprofit programs? Why solve climate change when you can just use it as a negative partisanship tactic to keep your more demanding voters from not voting? Much like with Republicans the cruelty is the point, with Dems the inaction is the point. They just want to keep things from getting too bad while keeping them bad enough that voters never feel secure.

This is part of why I mostly stopped discussing this stuff with people. It's very easy to understand what Dems aren't willing to do - they will never do anything that would have a significant negative impact on one of their powerful stakeholders. This rule always holds true, and it means that they can never take meaningful action on (for example) climate change or health care, because doing so would anger a large industry (and most large industries have positive relationships with the Democratic Party).

There isn't a single exception where the party has taken an action that truly angered or financially hurt an industry that the party previously had a positive relationship with. You can know 100% that they won't pass a policy if it would have such an impact. So if someone still believes they will do those things, it's completely because of blind faith, and you can't argue with that.

Ytlaya has issued a correction as of 19:51 on Nov 10, 2021

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

kaxman posted:

loving imagine that

hmm yes i bet this feature introduced by companies known for loving over people is to actually save lives

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
killer instinct announcer voice: TJ DUCKLO

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Fame Douglas posted:

Apparently still is. I read an article about this months ago, the plan is for some kind of passive technology: Like alcohol sniffers in the car that measure alcohol content in the air without you having to actively blow into an alcolock from 2026 on. At the moment, no such technology is even close to being reliable at all.

wouldn't this prevent you from driving with a drunk passenger, i say before remembering that biden floated the idea of chemically lobotomizing people to prevent drug use

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Imagine your passenger using disinfectant on their hands, immediately shutting off the car and hardlocking the wheels to prevent drunk driving.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
there's no way this won't get reversed but it will only be reversed once people hear enough about it so all it will do is serve to piss people off and then do nothing

lol democrats

Loucks
May 21, 2007

It's incwedibwe easy to suck my own dick.

As a public transit & walking & bicycling enthusiast I support mandatory ignition interlocks and also just crushing all personally-owned cars and trucks found on public roadways.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
looking forward to the first death from someone opening a bottle of liquor on the highway and their steering wheel locking up, sending them into oncoming traffic

Homocow
Apr 24, 2007

Extremely bad poster!
DO NOT QUOTE!

Pillbug
who could have predicted that joe biden would loving suck?

Homocow
Apr 24, 2007

Extremely bad poster!
DO NOT QUOTE!

Pillbug
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbKfw8mojGc

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Ytlaya posted:

This is part of why I mostly stopped discussing this stuff with people. It's very easy to understand what Dems aren't willing to do - they will never do anything that would have a significant negative impact on one of their powerful stakeholders. This rule always holds true, and it means that they can never take meaningful action on (for example) climate change or health care, because doing so would anger a large industry (and most large industries have positive relationships with the Democratic Party).

There isn't a single exception where the party has taken an action that truly angered or financially hurt an industry that the party previously had a positive relationship with. You can know 100% that they won't pass a policy if it would have such an impact. So if someone still believes they will do those things, it's completely because of blind faith, and you can't argue with that.

drat

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Ytlaya posted:

Someday Democratic consultants will realize that the optimal way to do e-mail fundraising is to send out e-mails where they accuse you of not caring about them and threaten to kill themselves if you don't send them money

Nancy Pelosi: I bet you wouldn't care if I was dead. All I'm asking for is $20...is my life not even worth $20 to you?

poo poo they won't even do it to industries they have an antagonistic relationship with. when was the last time they brought up gun control? the debates maybe?

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Smythe posted:

the ability of some people to fail upward is truly astounding

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

spacemang_spliff posted:

poo poo they won't even do it to industries they have an antagonistic relationship with. when was the last time they brought up gun control? the debates maybe?

You still get major politicians tweeting about it occasionally but it has definitely felt de rigueur and you won’t notice it unless you’re specifically paying attention to such things

it might get a bit more rhetorical focus if the SC strikes down New York’s gun control laws (as currently seems reasonably likely)