Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

3 DONG HORSE posted:

I just checked and Delta is offering alcohol on the first leg (500+ miles) but not the second leg (<500 miles). So I guess it depends on the length of the flight for them.

My last delta flight served the whole time and I drank a lot.

bad snipe - gently caress dalvin cook!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1458501618794704899?t=BGYxBpE6zgUTSeO9IZkBEw&s=19

Oops all lineman

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Why are the seahawks going after a WR when they need oline, an entire new defense, and a QB that isn't geno Smith?

Ches Neckbeard posted:

https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1458481071553716229

QIrk and Rodgers getting their horseshit warmed back up

Of course a vaccinated player is gonna get hospitalized while rodgers is gonna play his heart out on Sunday.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

really queer Christmas posted:

Why are the seahawks going after a WR when they need oline, an entire new defense, and a QB that isn't geno Smith?

They have the cap space and Wilson is back this week

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Of course a vaccinated player is gonna get hospitalized while rodgers is gonna play his heart out on Sunday.

Indeed

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

In addition to Russ being back this week, neither of those other things are going to get fixed at this point in the season. This is basically their last chance to improve the team this season and from what I can tell OBJ's skillset would be a good fit for what we need.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Seattle is still within shooting distance of a wild card spot, and their WR depth after DK and Lockett is a 7th round draft pick and a 2nd rounder who's first NFL play rendered him concussed so badly he was having difficulty seeing straight for several weeks.

Edit: as Manoueverable said, you can't really add other players given the trade deadline is over either.

seiferguy fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Nov 10, 2021

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

His heart grew two sizes that day :3:

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Went back and watched this again, even funnier than I remembered it.

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/DigitalThoseGyrfalcon-mobile.mp4

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Dalvin should be suspended for this Sunday imo

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
NFL has their wiz-bang investigators on the job!

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
That should wrap up his Panther career.

https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1458518985297829899?s=20

Edit: Oof, he has a cap hit of $18.5m next season if they cut him.

wandler20 fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Nov 10, 2021

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster
lmfao the panthers traded a 2nd rounder to downgrade from teddy bridgewater to sam darnold

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

The Jets seriously utterly fleeced the Panthers.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Magicpants posted:

lmfao the panthers traded a 2nd rounder to downgrade from teddy bridgewater to sam darnold

And Teddy is getting $17m from them this year! (at least that's the cap hit that carried over)

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

wandler20 posted:

And Teddy is getting $17m from them this year! (at least that's the cap hit that carried over)

And they CHOSE to pick up Darnolds option! They didn't even have to do that!

Nov 6, 2002

Kalli posted:

Completely blinded by that 1st round blue chip shine. I know some NFL observers were hoping for Tannehill V2 once he was away from Gase, but if you look at the whole of his Jets career that was really just grasping for straws. Sometimes I think most informed NFL fans could make better decisions than many FO people in the league.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

I mean, the Jets didn't pick up the 5th year option when Fitterer/Rhule could have just waited and franchised him if he had a good year. That's on him.

Coaches think they can fix anyone though and they're usually wrong.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
The only people that are interested in the Wentz pick are cowboys fans wanting to gently caress the eagles. Lol. Colts fans know we would just trade it back for two guys we would end up cutting.

Nov 6, 2002

Like is there really anyone in TFF who would have said, yes trade a #2 for Sam Darnold and give him $19 million next year too. Just pants on the head stupid.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

To be fair imagine how many chances TFF would have given Josh Rosen.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

Kalli posted:

I’m still just absolutely astonished that they *immediately* exercised his fifth year option when they made the trade.

I think I saw a tweet that Anderson has 27 receiving yards on his last 24 targets or something. Darnold looks worse than ever with a far better supporting cast.

fsif posted:

This would have been me. I definitely wanted the Jets to take Rosen for a time.

Professor Funk fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Nov 10, 2021

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Like is there really anyone in TFF who would have said, yes trade a #2 for Sam Darnold and give him $19 million next year too. Just pants on the head stupid.

I thought Darnold still had some promise, he had moments last year where he could move around and deliver accurate passes, I was ready to talk myself into dumping Goff and getting Darnold. Trading a 2nd round pick was too high though and the 5th year option was even worse.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

fsif posted:

Probably about as many as he got tbh.

I mean I get needing a QB and there's not enough to go around, so you gotta take swings at the garbage heap, but man, the garbage heap supposed to be dirt cheap, not 3 picks and his 5th year option.

half cocaine
Jul 22, 2019

I'm glad Darnold has made 30 million in his career. Also, who remembers the beginning of the season when people were whispering about the panthers being potential SuperBowl contenders because of a gold plated defence before injuries turned this team into a dumpster fire?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I mean taking a flyer for him when you got no other options isn’t crazy. Paying that for it however was.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

half cocaine posted:

I'm glad Darnold has made 30 million in his career. Also, who remembers the beginning of the season when people were whispering about the panthers being potential SuperBowl contenders because of a gold plated defence before injuries turned this team into a dumpster fire?

Super bowl contender is strong. Playoff contender I was more realistic

Nov 6, 2002

CharlestheHammer posted:

I mean taking a flyer for him when you got no other options isn’t crazy. Paying that for it however was.

A 2nd, 4th and 6th for a guy who was the just about the worst QB in the league for the years he started isn't a flyer.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

A 2nd, 4th and 6th for a guy who was the just about the worst QB in the league for the years he started isn't a flyer.

Well yes, that’s why my post has two sentences

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Right. I mean you need a QB, and your options are:

1) Draft a guy with your first or trade up to get a better option. Works out occasionally, can cost the world to not get a guy with a ton of question marks.

2) Keep stacking talent and draft a guy with a day 2 pick and hope he can develop into good enough with all that talent (eg: Wilson, Carr, Cousins, Dalton)

3) Grab a guy that busted for someone else and hope your situation works out better. (Tannehill, Winston, Bridgewater)

4) Build a super team and hope to become an attractive destination for a great QB entering a mid life crisis. (Has happened like once ever).

That 3rd category should cost you a pennies on the dollar, maybe it works out for the Colts, but the Panthers seem hosed.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

half cocaine posted:

Feel a bit bad for Gilmore now, they weren’t a complete disaster at the time of the trade

Nov 6, 2002

CharlestheHammer posted:

Well yes, that’s why my post has two sentences

Sorry, thought "paying" meant the option pickup.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

Kalli posted:

Probably about as many as he got tbh.

I mean I get needing a QB and there's not enough to go around, so you gotta take swings at the garbage heap, but man, the garbage heap supposed to be dirt cheap, not 3 picks and his 5th year option.

It's this. I'm happy Rosen got a shot to back up Ryan as I think he can potentially be a useful player at some point. But the Falcons paid next to nothing for him, and he earned it in camp and preseason. They didn't trade picks and guarantee money and anoint him as starter.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Yeah, Rosen had that awful rookie year for Arizona got traded to the Dolphins for a late 2nd based on hope and prayer, completely bombed out in 3 games, then bounced around the cut list and is now in the Gabbert zone, which sounds about right.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

half cocaine posted:

Outside of losing McCaffery injuries haven’t really been the issue on offense, it’s that their offensive line and QB are bad. They just played 3 bad teams to start the year.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

The trade and options were super dumb but the Panthers aren't really hosed since they can easily trade their next three 1st rounders for a sex pest and they'd have a legitimately awesome team.

It would seriously be a QB room with a $60m cap hit next year though.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Kalli posted:

Yeah, Rosen had that awful rookie year for Arizona got traded to the Dolphins for a late 2nd based on hope and prayer, completely bombed out in 3 games, then bounced around the cut list and is now in the Gabbert zone, which sounds about right.

Sounds like he's living the life, getting paid to hold a clipboard all day.

Getting paid just under a mil and all he has to do is stay in shape and study the playbook.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe
Gonna be a rag tag group of noninjureds vs the panthers

https://twitter.com/kentsomers/status/1458540018532638721

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Heh.
https://twitter.com/josephperson/status/1458525516126900224

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1458427752072335361?s=20