Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I went through my box of commons/uncommons last night and I'm surprised how much some of these go for. Found a bunch of Cabal Rituals which go for like $5-6 for some reason, 3 Priest of Titanias and a Carpet of Flowers which is somehow a $20 card :popeye:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Carpet of Flowers which is somehow a $20 card :popeye:

The formats in which it is legal also have Force of Will and Brainstorm, with alpha duals for mana, so Islands are pretty common.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I went through my box of commons/uncommons last night and I'm surprised how much some of these go for. Found a bunch of Cabal Rituals which go for like $5-6 for some reason, 3 Priest of Titanias and a Carpet of Flowers which is somehow a $20 card :popeye:

Carpet of Flowers is an A+ edh card and pretty much an auto-include in higher level pods because you're almost certain to see blue somewhere in there.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

The formats in which it is legal also have Force of Will and Brainstorm, with alpha duals for mana, so Islands are pretty common.

Framboise posted:

Carpet of Flowers is an A+ edh card and pretty much an auto-include in higher level pods because you're almost certain to see blue somewhere in there.

Yeah that makes a lot of sense. I'm working on a Chatterfang EDH deck so I should probably include it lol

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
Forest -> carpet -> carpet is a great t1 if it passes

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I really need to find the binder of remaining rares at my parents' house. I'm wondering what I still might have, I sold a lot of the good stuff like my revised duals but I know I had at least one Serra's Sanctum

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I really need to find the binder of remaining rares at my parents' house. I'm wondering what I still might have, I sold a lot of the good stuff like my revised duals but I know I had at least one Serra's Sanctum

Hope you find yourself a Gaea’s Cradle.

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

I still remember when I traded those four Tolarian Academies for my four Gaea’s Cradles. I was 17 and we were in full Combo Winter. It a dumb trade at the time, not so much now.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

TotalHell posted:

Hope you find yourself a Gaea’s Cradle.

I don't think I had any but hell who knows

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
Cabal Ritual is the 2nd place behind Dark Ritual, if you need more. Besides EDH it's also in Legacy and Vintage storm lists.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Cabal Ritual is the 2nd place behind Dark Ritual, if you need more. Besides EDH it's also in Legacy and Vintage storm lists.

I guess I just thought it was interesting that it's worth more than almost every printing of Dark Ritual

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

You guys wanna hear something really hosed up:

The card that sacrifices (culls) a creature for a defined amount of mana (ritual) is called "Culling the Weak"
The card that kills (culls) a bunch of low CMC permanents (the weak) is called "Culling Ritual"

I really hope somebody got fired for that blunder.

fadam fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Nov 10, 2021

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

fadam posted:

You guys wanna hear something really hosed up:

The card that sacrifices (culls) a creature for a defined amount of mana (ritual) is called "Culling the Weak"
The card that kills (culls) a bunch of low CMC permanents (the weak) is called "Culling Ritual"

I really hope somebody got fired for that blunder.

Picard facepalm dot jpg

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I had a bunch of copies of culling the weak too.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

I had to buy a bunch of Culling the Weaks and Cabal Rituals not too long ago and I was shocked at how much they are lol. What's your Chatterfang EDH deck looking like?

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

fadam posted:

I had to buy a bunch of Culling the Weaks and Cabal Rituals not too long ago and I was shocked at how much they are lol. What's your Chatterfang EDH deck looking like?

It’s only like half done right now but basically a bunch of stuff that generates and plays off tokens, mostly squirrels but also some other creatures and treasures. I even have an alternate wincon in Revel in Riches which I got randomly in a $13 lot of cards from Mercari that also had pitiless plunderer and a mishra’s bauble lol.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I found some cool poo poo for it in my old cards like an enchantment from fallen empires called night soil that lets me pay one colorless and exile two creatures from a graveyard to make a 1/1 saproling token.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Pablo Nergigante posted:

It’s only like half done right now but basically a bunch of stuff that generates and plays off tokens, mostly squirrels but also some other creatures and treasures. I even have an alternate wincon in Revel in Riches which I got randomly in a $13 lot of cards from Mercari that also had pitiless plunderer and a mishra’s bauble lol.

Hell yea. I've been looking at something like this but with all the sweaty Ad Naus poo poo taken out for a mid power deck:
https://www.moxfield.com/decks/-JWqEkIHmEOZRUcx1p-9Ig

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

fadam posted:

Hell yea. I've been looking at something like this but with all the sweaty Ad Naus poo poo taken out for a mid power deck:
https://www.moxfield.com/decks/-JWqEkIHmEOZRUcx1p-9Ig

Yeah that’s kinda what I’m going for too. For some reason I’ve been obsessed with the idea of Chatterfang commander since I saw him in jumpstart historic horizons lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

*Marge Simpson holding up a squirrel* I just think they’re neat.

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

Pablo Nergigante posted:

This is me with werewolves, especially after Vow drops.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I guess I just thought it was interesting that it's worth more than almost every printing of Dark Ritual

There have been like 40 Dark Ritual prints, it was a core set staple and in a bunch of blocks during the time they though blocks should have some core set staples too, and two trips as a masterpiece.

Cabal Ritual has Torment and FTV:Lore.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

So only I care about this, but the non-interevening if card really does have a non-intervening if. Neat.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

The art on ravenous squirrel or whatever it's called weirds me out.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Pablo Nergigante posted:

This is a completely valid reason to make a commander deck.

Chatterfang has a versatile activated ability that works on offense or defense, a token generation ability that works with all sorts of stuff, evasion, a type in Swarmyard, and by being Golgari you get a good supply of disruption and tutors to round out your gameplan.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Swarmyard is one of the best cards in the deck imho

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
where the gently caress is my giant rat who makes all of the rules wotc, and I don't mean some piece of poo poo with "Rat" in its ruels text from kamigawa, the rodent that gets the good GB commander should be RATS

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

This is a completely valid reason to make a commander deck.

Chatterfang has a versatile activated ability that works on offense or defense, a token generation ability that works with all sorts of stuff, evasion, a type in Swarmyard, and by being Golgari you get a good supply of disruption and tutors to round out your gameplan.

Goddamn I need a swarmyard ASAP

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

where the gently caress is my giant rat who makes all of the rules wotc, and I don't mean some piece of poo poo with "Rat" in its ruels text from kamigawa, the rodent that gets the good GB commander should be RATS

Rats are monoblack. Squirrels are almost entirely green, with a small black splash for variety.

If anything rats should dip into red.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

The Shortest Path posted:

Rats are monoblack. Squirrels are almost entirely green, with a small black splash for variety.

If rats were to get a secondary color, it should be green. It would make sense that the two major rodent classes overlap slightly.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

There are 2 existing RB rats, and 0 green rats. I will not rest until Mark Rosewater hears my pitch for a Revel In Rats Rakdos precon

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Modern trip report: It was super fun, I went 2-2 which I'm very happy about considering it was my first time playing modern ever. The decks I won against were some kind of artifact control deck and izzet blitz, and I lost against a Yorion blink deck and a bonkers affinity deck that got like 5 artifact creatures out on turn 2. I got two MH2 set boosters as a prize and pulled two Verdant Catacombs :popeye:

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Modern trip report: It was super fun, I went 2-2 which I'm very happy about considering it was my first time playing modern ever. The decks I won against were some kind of artifact control deck and izzet blitz, and I lost against a Yorion blink deck and a bonkers affinity deck that got like 5 artifact creatures out on turn 2. I got two MH2 set boosters as a prize and pulled two Verdant Catacombs :popeye:

Nice job and congratulations on your winnings.
As a first time tournament player though you should finish the experience by trading the catacombs for a vizzidrix and a novablast wurm

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

HootTheOwl posted:

Nice job and congratulations on your winnings.
As a first time tournament player though you should finish the experience by trading the catacombs for a vizzidrix and a novablast wurm

Done and done

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Congrats!

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

motherfucker you didnt just say poo poo about Ink-eyes and marrow gnawer

just wait until nezumi blokchain, cyberrodent wrecks the neo kamigawa set

LennyBriscoCountyJr
Oct 20, 2005

I Before E posted:

There are 2 existing RB rats, and 0 green rats. I will not rest until Mark Rosewater hears my pitch for a Revel In Rats Rakdos precon

Three total RB rats. 2 from the original Ravnica block and 1 from Alara block.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

The Shortest Path posted:

gently caress that, Bloodbond March is a Golgari card.

Saucer Crab
Apr 3, 2009

Mad Ratter is a red card that spits out black rats.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

LennyBriscoCountyJr posted:

Three total RB rats. 2 from the original Ravnica block and 1 from Alara block.

Yeah, and the Rakdos ones are obviously red due to an elemental affiliation with fire and Lyzolda.

Saucer Crab posted:

Mad Ratter is a red card that spits out black rats.

And Underworld Hermit is a black card that spits out green squirrels. :shrug: