Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice
adventure, adventure 2, heroes, shadow, and 06 all reference each other and adventure definitely references the Genesis games

I remember them doing a weird split thing where cream was "only for portable games" and shadow and rouge were "only for console games" but then they're all in battle and heroes so that must have fallen apart quickly. Also battle is referenced in advance 3 but none of the console games ever acknowledge advance/battle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Edit: I removed cause the flashing may not be good to some posters.

SeANMcBAY fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Nov 8, 2021

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

i get sad everytime the moon is visible in a new sonic game and it isnt halfway blown up

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔
I've started recording Kingdom Valley for my 06 LP. Send me strength to last a few marathon sessions.

Procrastine
Mar 30, 2011

Ms. Unsmiley posted:

i get sad everytime the moon is visible in a new sonic game and it isnt halfway blown up

They show the half that isn't blown up. The other half is still blown up but it's pointed away from the camera

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I remember how Sonic X the TV show had it go. Eggman said he was reformed and as a show of it fixed the Moon.

Then the new Egg Moon suddenly blocked the sun causing an eclipse. Eggman says it’s because of software issue in the moons new metallic half cause it’s orbit to stop, and says it will take a couple months to fix in the meantime to provide light he has these cool natural sunlight orbs you can buy from him, that totally don’t have a hypnotic effect on that makes you like Eggman more.
Sonic wins the day a few weeks in when he points out that the Moon’s orbit stopping makes no sense in causing an eclipse. And Eggman was just scamming people.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

The moon's gravity would eventually collapse it back down anyway.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

MonsterEnvy posted:

Then the new Egg Moon suddenly blocked the sun causing an eclipse. Eggman says it’s because of software issue in the moons new metallic half cause it’s orbit to stop, and says it will take a couple months to fix in the meantime to provide light he has these cool natural sunlight orbs you can buy from him, that totally don’t have a hypnotic effect on that makes you like Eggman more.
Sonic wins the day a few weeks in when he points out that the Moon’s orbit stopping makes no sense in causing an eclipse. And Eggman was just scamming people.

This is the scheme that got Mr. Burns shot.

azurite
Jul 25, 2010

Strange, isn't it?!

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

MonsterEnvy posted:

The comics are getting ready to show off the new evil Soinc and Tails.

About time they officially acknowledged the sonic cycle

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

MikeJF posted:

The moon's gravity would eventually collapse it back down anyway.

Well the moon did not actually have it's orbit frozen. The robot parts of the moon were keeping it in a controlled orbit so it would always block the targeted chunk of the earth's access to the sun.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

flavor.flv posted:

0/10, does not include the part where Eggman announces a new evil plan and a bunch of people suddenly forget how badly the last evil plan went.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Funky Valentine posted:

0/10, does not include the part where Eggman announces a new evil plan and a bunch of people suddenly forget how badly the last evil plan went.

Starline brought that part, he just called it bold.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

MonsterEnvy posted:

Well the moon did not actually have it's orbit frozen. The robot parts of the moon were keeping it in a controlled orbit so it would always block the targeted chunk of the earth's access to the sun.

an orbit like that isn't possible and it would require a ludicrous amount of energy to make it happen.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Kurieg posted:

an orbit like that isn't possible and it would require a ludicrous amount of energy to make it happen.

It's Dr Eggman. He replaced half the moon with self replicating metal, then built a device on the ground that controlled how the newly repaired moon would orbit the earth.

Knuckles also flew up to the moon and punched off the signal receiver, restoring the normal orbit of the moon.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 06:51 on Nov 9, 2021

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

MonsterEnvy posted:

Knuckles also flew up to the moon and punched off the signal receiver, restoring the normal orbit of the moon.

Thank you, Knuckles.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

If you want some free Sonic games on Steam I'm giving away spares from the recent bundle, and it'll cost you nothing... nothing that you'd miss. AHAHAHAHAHAHA!

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3513572&pagenumber=1216&perpage=40&userid=0#post519093719

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

flavor.flv posted:

Starline being an obsessive irl fan but one for Eggman never gets old :allears:

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

Frankston posted:

All Sonic lore & canon officially ended with S3&K, hth

Not untrue, considering even Starline, Surge, and Kit are all based on glitched sprites from the 16 bit era.

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

Why the heck haven't they actually announced specifics about Sonic Origins, and why did they announce ports a year in advance with no footage?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Robot Style posted:

Not untrue, considering even Starline, Surge, and Kit are all based on glitched sprites from the 16 bit era.

Seriously? That's pretty cool.

Starline seems pretty cool, I like the range of facial expressions in that one page that got posted.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

MatchaZed posted:

Why the heck haven't they actually announced specifics about Sonic Origins, and why did they announce ports a year in advance with no footage?

Probably cause Covid delays and they just wanted to get some announcements out there for Sonic’s 30th.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Robot Style posted:

I know the green one (Surge?) seems to be based on the "Asura" glitch, but what's the origins of the other ones?

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Starline is based on the dummied out Sonic in Knuckles Chaotix. It's still partially accessible using cheats, but its name is ********. A line of stars.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Electric Phantasm posted:

Seriously? That's pretty cool.

Starline seems pretty cool, I like the range of facial expressions in that one page that got posted.

3 pages.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Dabir posted:

Starline is based on the dummied out Sonic in Knuckles Chaotix. It's still partially accessible using cheats, but its name is ********. A line of stars.

I believe some fans refer to said glitch as “Wecina” (sp?). Also I think he was actually supposed to be a dummied out Tails since Sonic’s sprite was clearly edited into Mighty.

Larryb fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Nov 10, 2021

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Oxyclean posted:

I know the green one (Surge?) seems to be based on the "Asura" glitch, but what's the origins of the other ones?

Kit the Fennec is based on the Blue Knuckles glitch which has the properties of Tails. Also his design takes influence from the King of Sorrow from Klonoa.

Also for fun the cover for the second issue featuring them

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Larryb posted:

I believe some fans refer to said glitch as “Wecina” (sp?). Also I think he was actually supposed to be a dummied out Tails since Sonic’s sprite was clearly edited into Mighty.

It’s a White Knuckles with properties from all three of the mains. A reference that Starline makes in the comics as well, when he creates a device that takes power from the Level up Orbs in Sonic Heroes, allowing him to switch between having super speed, flight, or super strength at a button push.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

MatchaZed posted:

There was basically no time between them being greenlit internally and announced publicly, from the sounds of things, so they haven't said anything specific because they didn't and possibly still don't know exactly what the collection's going to be.

Again, it's not like the anniversary snuck up on them or anything, so I don't know why they couldn't have it ready for the anniversary or why it'd even take that long to make - Sonic 1/2/CD all have complete modern versions that'd be trivial to port, and word is those devs had 3&K basically done as well.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Release the Taxman ports on Switch and call it a day.

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔

thanks for your thots and prayers

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCO16aX_J_w

A great analysis of SA1 that captures exactly why it's so good, warts and all.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Relyssa posted:

Knowing how things are the devs are probably forbidden, under penalty of death, to even think about the 2012 remakes because it makes some Sod at Sega HQ upset for reasons beyond the kin of mortal man.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Relyssa posted:

That's basically what Sonic Origins is going to be, which is why it's so bizarre that they had to scramble to put it together and that they're being so secretive about it.

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.
They haven't said anything about Origins because they're still trying to figure out how to break the news that they had to change Sonic 3's music without making everyone mad.

JoJosSiwaAdventure
Nov 3, 2021

by Pragmatica

InspectorCarbonara posted:

They haven't said anything about Origins because they're still trying to figure out how to break the news that they had to change Sonic 3's music without making everyone mad.

I'd absolutely believe that they decided to announce "we're going to do the thing" without having at all considered how they were going to handle the music for it

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Worrying over a solved problem, got it.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

They literally just need to touch up the prototype music, it's good. Especially the Super Sonic theme.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

much better experience on kega fusion, though i'm still a little annoyed that there were hoops to jump through at all

now i'm playing through a sonic mania plus mod that replaces mighty with amy. it made a really cute and thoughtful change to the gachapon boss in metallic madness, replacing the amy doll bombs with another cool character

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Looper posted:

much better experience on kega fusion, though i'm still a little annoyed that there were hoops to jump through at all

now i'm playing through a sonic mania plus mod that replaces mighty with amy. it made a really cute and thoughtful change to the gachapon boss in metallic madness, replacing the amy doll bombs with another cool character

Oh, it's Honey! That's great.