Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
The series 2 elite controller is at the lowest price I've ever seen it today. Wonder if that means a series 3 is around the corner?

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Microsoft-Xbox-Elite-Wireless-Controller-Series-2-Black-FST-00001/784834522

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

The series 2 elite controller is at the lowest price I've ever seen it today. Wonder if that means a series 3 is around the corner?

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Microsoft-Xbox-Elite-Wireless-Controller-Series-2-Black-FST-00001/784834522

Can't see it, the Halo Elite 2 comes out next week, and it doesn't have any changes aside from the color scheme. Maybe Phil will bless us with a Elite 3 with a share button.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Lammasu posted:

I remember Dunkey did a video on this but for the life of me I can't find it.

He did Goat Simulator.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Microsoft needs to admit they hosed up and release a new Series controller with gyro. And then devs need to start supporting it. Haptic triggers and enhanced rumble can gently caress off, but gyro is missed more often than not.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

American McGay posted:

Microsoft needs to admit they hosed up and release a new Series controller with gyro. And then devs need to start supporting it. Haptic triggers and enhanced rumble can gently caress off, but gyro is missed more often than not.

Never gonna happen.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Sony have had gyro in their controllers since 2006 and they couldn’t get any devs to use it

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

kri kri posted:

Can't see it, the Halo Elite 2 comes out next week, and it doesn't have any changes aside from the color scheme. Maybe Phil will bless us with a Elite 3 with a share button.

Oh right, then probably not. Which is a shame, the rubber came off one side of Elite Series I. I really want a new one, but I need the button that lets me take an accidental screenshot every time things get frantic.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Sony have had gyro in their controllers since 2006 and they couldn’t get any devs to use it

Sony can't get their own devs to use it.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

American McGay posted:

THey should make analog buttons so you can emulate MGS2 properly

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

You never did the stupid spray can mini game in infamous second son? Buddy let me tell you... you missed nothing

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

Yeah I’ve no idea why they keep bothering

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Feels Villeneuve posted:

THey should make analog buttons so you can emulate MGS2 properly

gently caress those buttons made playing racing games a pain in the rear end.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Storm One posted:

Input latency can only be compared by knowing the exact TV models and mode they'll be using it on, neither plasma nor OLED have any inherent advantage there, it can go either way.

I don't see the rush to upgrade now unless they're really bothered by a specific shortcoming, or expect the overall quality of future TVs to decline instead of improve, or prices to go up.
In addition to the probably better motion resolution, another advantage of keeping their current display is that it probably doesn't have any smart TV bullshit, though I suppose the LG OLEDs are pretty great in that respect when compared to other current TVs.

Should have just bought an Xbox 360 then lol

Edit- I should mention I went from a Panasonic plasma to OLED like 4 years ago and it was absolutely a massive upgrade. Worst part is paying extra for Netflix 4k, but that’s like buying a Porsche 911 turbo and then not driving it because premium fuel is too expensive.

Haptical Sales Slut fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Nov 10, 2021

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

Just remembered the GTA3 Trilogy Definitive Edition launches tomorrow and San Andreas will be on Game Pass. Preloading San Andreas right now.

Biodome
Nov 21, 2006

Gerry
I tried the New Zealand trick for GTA3 and it doesn’t work 😔.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Zat posted:

Just remembered the GTA3 Trilogy Definitive Edition launches tomorrow and San Andreas will be on Game Pass. Preloading San Andreas right now.
Thats tomorrow? Oh gently caress

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Biodome posted:

I tried the New Zealand trick for GTA3 and it doesn’t work 😔.

I'm excited for the Skyrim Anniversary dlc and I don't know what time tomorrow they drop that on the store.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

1glitch0 posted:

I'm excited for the Skyrim Anniversary dlc and I don't know what time tomorrow they drop that on the store.

Same.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Zat posted:

I know I said I'd stop pre-ordering games after I got burned the last few times but I pre-ordered this lol

San Andreas is on Game Pass, and it's my favorite of the 3, but I really love III and Vice City and wanted to replay those too. I can't wait to sink a ton of time into this collection. The tracklists came out today too and most of my favorite tracks are intact, which is a huge plus.

Got all 3 preloaded and can't wait for tomorrow!

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006
Heads up! Keep an eye on your emails.

https://twitter.com/wario64/status/1458563744150462464?s=21

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

highme posted:

So here’s a random question re game share. One of my friends I play with had game share set up with a another friend of ours who passed away this last year (his ghost is out here kicking our asses in FH5 at least). Her wife is going to be getting an Xbox and they were wanting to do game share, but not looking to sever that connection to Kevin. Any ideas on if they have to sever or can they just do the game share on the new Xbox (whatever model that is going to be)?

Correct me if anyone knows more please but: You can only share games (this isn’t what it’s meant for, sharing games is a byproduct of the ‘home console’ system) between two consoles at any one time, but this won’t affect drivitars appearing in forza. Drivitars are based on your friends list. I think as long as your friends handle is still paid for on Xbox live their drivitars remains. I’m not sure if their drivitar will carry over to 5 if they never played it though?

There’s no severing of connection, but you can only share between two xbox’s.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Crafty posted:

Correct me if anyone knows more please but: You can only share games (this isn’t what it’s meant for, sharing games is a byproduct of the ‘home console’ system) between two consoles at any one time, but this won’t affect drivitars appearing in forza. Drivitars are based on your friends list. I think as long as your friends handle is still paid for on Xbox live their drivitars remains. I’m not sure if their drivitar will carry over to 5 if they never played it though?

There’s no severing of connection, but you can only share between two xbox’s.

I've seen drivatars show up from people I know haven't played the game, but for instance now that I joined the goon racing group I never see them anymore, just mostly GRCC folks and the occasional random person who has a level indicative of them having actually played.

Beyond that I'm not sure how it determines who to pull from your friends list, I'm sure it has to be related to playing at least an Xbox one era Forza title if nothing else. I've never see my late stepdad's drivatar show up, for example, but I think the last Forza game he played was Motorsport 3 or 4 on the 360. By the time the very first Horizon game came out he was already pretty badly deteriorated from cancer.

gently caress, now I feel like I need to pull out my copy of Forza Motorsport 2 and see if I can still race against his times. :smith:

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

oh the skyrim update is dlc thats how theyre not just putting it on gamepass lol

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

It's up on the store now. :)

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Super No Vacancy posted:

oh the skyrim update is dlc thats how theyre not just putting it on gamepass lol

They want you to pay for skyrim a 13th or 14th time.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

I got into the BAC Mono and happened to accidentally activate the rear-facing chase cam at 150mph, and there's my Drivatar, open cockpit, no windshield, no helmet, just bippin' and boppin' in his seat to the 120bpm dance music on the radio with a doofus grin on his face

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Professor Beetus posted:

They want you to pay for skyrim a 13th or 14th time.

Ive never paid to own skyrim and didn't make it past climbing a really long snow mountain staircase to meet some hobo monk wizards.

Have to do better than this dlc update, Todd

eukara
Aug 5, 2014

Do you believe in life after bomb?
Hoping to see more BC games added Nov 15th on the event

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i did it im the sucker who bought skyrim dlc

unbelievable how many scripting errors i ran into in the opening lol

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Super No Vacancy posted:

unbelievable how many scripting errors i ran into in the opening lol

Hell yes

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Buying it now and praying it doesn’t break the 17 mods I have running :pray:

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice
What are the current Xbox restock trackers? I've got the foolish idea of buying my friend an Xbox series x.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

How are the next gen upgrades? What even are they?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i cant tell i havent played the previous versions in like 8 years. but def no new 4k textures lol

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

John F Bennett posted:

They appear to be non-existent on Series X

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006

eukara posted:

Hoping to see more BC games added Nov 15th on the event

It's looking likely.

https://twitter.com/brunocosta1_/status/1458641275889111044?s=20

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster
Hell yeah. I’ll play some Manhunt again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

John F Bennett posted:

So unless it hasn't come out yet, there doesn't appear to be anything on Series that wasn't already available with the One X Enhancement + FPS Boost. It doesn't even show as a native Series App so it looks like they just unlocked the FPS and called it a day. I THINK on PS5 you could already hit 4K 60fps with a mod so the next gen upgrades appear to be... nothing.

E: it’s now showing as a series app after a restart.

Quantum of Phallus fucked around with this message at 11:05 on Nov 11, 2021