Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.

The Bloop posted:

This is how I learned and now I have trouble NOT seeing them it's so automatic

Look at something a few feet behind the image is the best way to describe it I think

Also, try it on a monitor or a tv. Its much more difficult on your phone for some reason. I think my eyes were going too parallel at first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Cat Hatter posted:

Also, try it on a monitor or a tv. Its much more difficult on your phone for some reason. I think my eyes were going too parallel at first.

It's very challenging to find the sweet spot if the image is too small, yeah

PhantomOfTheCopier
Aug 13, 2008

Pikabooze!

Sekhmnet posted:

It's a schooner.
It's always a schooner. Of the boat variety. Unless it's a shark.

I think I've seen one once (I don't know if I'm talking about cock here or not). It requires near perfect binocular vision so nearly impossible when you've always had misaligned eyes, some double vision, surgeries.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
I've found it helps if you move the image slightly back and forth, like farther and closer, and if anything weird happens, or if anything starts to pop, you try to do more of whatever makes that happen more, and then you see it

The grey rain-curtain of this world rolls back, and all turns to silver rear end

The General
Mar 4, 2007

I can do it two ways. A more effort proper way, or an easier eye cross and uncross.
The problem with the eye cross method is that instead of the image popping out, it sinks into the background.

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

I have a knack for magic eyes. It's... not a very useful talent. I can always see them.

But a lot of these ones people are posting I just. I can't make sense of them. Like, i can see the shape, but I can't figure out what the shape is. I'm guessing this is just due to them being images that are fundamentally not very well suited to being seen as a silhouette.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
yeah there's a reason they prototypical one is a sailboat*, it's an easy shape to discern and recognisable by kids.

*fore- and aft-trigged on all masts, at least two masts, foremast generally shorter than the mainmast, gaff-rigged or staysail rigged, fast hulls with shallow draft, often good for blockade running, smuggling opium or as small, fast merchant vessels for perishable goods like fruit.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Memento posted:

yeah there's a reason they prototypical one is a sailboat*, it's an easy shape to discern and recognisable by kids.

*fore- and aft-trigged on all masts, at least two masts, foremast generally shorter than the mainmast, gaff-rigged or staysail rigged, fast hulls with shallow draft, often good for blockade running, smuggling opium or as small, fast merchant vessels for perishable goods like fruit.

I like the cut of your jib, sailor

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
The best magic eye I ever saw was an invisible man in a laboratory with all sorts of beakers and poo poo in the background. Very detailed in a way most magic eyes aren't.

Of course this was in a mall in like 1993 or whatever and I've never seen it since

PhantomOfTheCopier
Aug 13, 2008

Pikabooze!
I wasn't able to get that one working last night but it did remind me that years ago I was more successful with the macroscopic objects as opposed to the field of dots. https://acidcow.com/pics/1694-autostereogram-100-pics.html

I think one approach I used was to put my flat hand between my eyes, forefinger on nose, pinky off in the distance, and by changing the angle it's possible to control double vision and get the images to overlap.

More successful was to hold up a pencil and slowly move it away until it was behind the monitor, thus achieving the parallel eye position without looking at the picture. I found it easier to hold eye position that way when I glanced down from the pencil.

I don't recall them being... interesting? Like there's a semblance of a popped/recessed area, but it's nothing like the solid gray shark they always show. Seems to cause lots of eye strain. Give me my 3d glasses.

Okay who has an auto stereogram that looks nws but isn't?

Sir Nose
Mar 28, 2009

The Bloop posted:

The best magic eye I ever saw was an invisible man in a laboratory with all sorts of beakers and poo poo in the background. Very detailed in a way most magic eyes aren't.

Of course this was in a mall in like 1993 or whatever and I've never seen it since

Most people can't even see visible men in magic eyes, let alone invisible ones

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Sir Nose posted:

Most people can't even see visible men in magic eyes, let alone invisible ones

Lol, those are the only ones I can't not see

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

PhantomOfTheCopier posted:

Okay who has an auto stereogram that looks nws but isn't?

I guess you could make one of a sailboat but use an unsettling montage of almost-cocks for the graphics?

PhantomOfTheCopier
Aug 13, 2008

Pikabooze!

DandyLion posted:

Lol, those are the only ones I can't not see
If you're constantly going around seeing invisible people, you might want to talk to someone about that. Preferably a visible someone.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Just lol if you're not constantly wearing infrared goggles to spot the shadow people

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

If you're constantly going around seeing invisible people, you might want to talk to someone about that. Preferably a visible someone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGs44Q052FM

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

My bad

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Do you feel better?

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Zil posted:

Do you feel better?

It's a load off his mind.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Amateur.

https://i.imgur.com/1LtSsn8.mp4

CellBlock
Oct 6, 2005

It just don't stop.

Now that is definitely not safe for work.

It needs to be cleaned up ASAP. Someone could slip.

PhantomOfTheCopier
Aug 13, 2008

Pikabooze!
Please tell me this isn't a nasty-smelling glue factory explosive. IE, I doubt it's uncured latex since they seem to be touching it without gloves.

I choose to believe it is mozzarella.

Golden Dragon
Apr 9, 2007

Always speak politely to an enraged Dragon
If I remember right it was a beer bottler and that's the glue they use to affix the labels on the bottles.

PhantomOfTheCopier
Aug 13, 2008

Pikabooze!

Golden Dragon posted:

If I remember right it was a beer bottler and that's the glue they use to affix the labels on the bottles.
So think licking old stamps, before they started making them taste sweet. It's not like they have a reason to make industrial glue smell nice. Vodka tasting descriptions I can do. Gonna go see how glue connoisseurs describe the smells. :barf:

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

They just need the right tool for the job.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdWuQP6862U

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

So think licking old stamps, before they started making them taste sweet. It's not like they have a reason to make industrial glue smell nice. Vodka tasting descriptions I can do. Gonna go see how glue connoisseurs describe the smells. :barf:

I used to occasionally use food packaging glue at work, it looked just like that thick jizzy stuff in the video. I don’t remember it having much of a smell at all. It’s similar to vinyl wallpaper paste if you’ve smelled that.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

The wonderful world of zinc

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

https://i.imgur.com/3UYrvWA.mp4

PhantomOfTheCopier
Aug 13, 2008

Pikabooze!

Snowy posted:

I used to occasionally use food packaging glue at work, it looked just like that thick jizzy stuff in the video. I don’t remember it having much of a smell at all. It’s similar to vinyl wallpaper paste if you’ve smelled that.
I figured it smelled like caulk crossed with paint crossed with ammonia.

They should have just let it dry and picked up the chunks. :downsrim:

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

I was actually reminded of the time at my last job where someone put a leaking thing of liquid handsoap in a weird corner instead of dealing with it and then I came along and knocked it over and spilled it all over the floor.

Me, with a mop, trying to figure out how to clean up soap without making the whole area a death trap.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

That's what they invented spill-aid for, but it depends on whether your place would spring for it.

I guess in a pinch you can try cat litter, though lmao no manager is gonna let you shop use something.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

RoboRodent posted:

I was actually reminded of the time at my last job where someone put a leaking thing of liquid handsoap in a weird corner instead of dealing with it and then I came along and knocked it over and spilled it all over the floor.

Me, with a mop, trying to figure out how to clean up soap without making the whole area a death trap.

One year the senior prank at my high school was they snuck in and coated the entirety of the main stairwell in ultra concentrated detergent, like maybe 1/8" thick layer. Probably at least $100 worth if detergent.

Anyway the brain geniuses in the administration decided the janitorial staff should just mop (and then hose when that didn't work) it up. By the time i came in there was a wall of soap bubbles filling the entire doorway at the first floor.

Killer robot
Sep 6, 2010

I was having the most wonderful dream. I think you were in it!
Pillbug
https://i.imgur.com/VOBpEf8.mp4

Sound adds effect but not content.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

That girl balls website

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Killer robot posted:

https://i.imgur.com/VOBpEf8.mp4

Sound adds effect but not content.

:stare:

Mr. Sunshine
May 15, 2008

This is a scrunt that has been in space too long and become a Lunt (Long Scrunt)

Fun Shoe

You were in the pet food aisle when you heard Lowtax had died?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

OwlFancier posted:

I guess in a pinch you can try cat litter, though lmao no manager is gonna let you shop use something.

What's that term mean?

Mr. Sunshine posted:

You were in the pet food aisle when you heard Lowtax had died?

Why would he cum buckets over Lowtax dying?

Milo and POTUS has a new favorite as of 10:31 on Nov 12, 2021

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Shop use? Not sure if there's another word for it but to take something off the shelf and use it in the shop, some of the places I've worked have a form for it.

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.

Milo and POTUS posted:

Why would he cum buckets over Lowtax dying?

Many people were glad to hear the news because Lowtax represents part of their youth that they're no longer proud of.

Others, because he was the irl villain from a Lifetime Original Movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB