Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

So Nathen got a side hustle being a "brand ambassador" for a canadian meat farmer. Compare/contrast how the two parties presented the news of this new partnership:

Nathen

Farmer

"GOOD Daddy Farmer" 🤮

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

i recently followed nathen on instagram (and am sort of regretting it, it's a bit much) and i keep getting reminded of the get-a-load of this guy thing from wayne's world by the look on nathen's face in that farmer picture

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
[Scene: a painted background of a farm. In the foreground is a cardboard cutout of a farmer, facing the camera. Nathen walks in from off-screen, dragging a large, seemingly empty Garfield suit with him]

Nathen: "Well, look who's here, friends! It's good ol' Daddy Nolan! How are you doing, Daddy?!"

[Nathen slides a hand into his pocket, clearly pressing a button]

Farmer (completely motionless, clearly speaking in Nathen's prerecorded voice): "Why, if it isn't Garfield and young Nathen Mazri, Canada's youngest farm2plate entergager and innovator! What brings you two back to my humble all natural clean-label farm?!"

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Blurry Gray Thing posted:

[Scene: a painted background of a farm. In the foreground is a cardboard cutout of a farmer, facing the camera. Nathen walks in from off-screen, dragging a large, seemingly empty Garfield suit with him]

Nathen: "Well, look who's here, friends! It's good ol' Daddy Nolan! How are you doing, Daddy?!"

[Nathen slides a hand into his pocket, clearly pressing a button]

Farmer (completely motionless, clearly speaking in Nathen's prerecorded voice): "Why, if it isn't Garfield and young Nathen Mazri, Canada's youngest farm2plate entergager and innovator! What brings you two back to my humble all natural clean-label farm?!"

absolutely not where I thought this was going

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Lmao at the farmer's :wtc: expression

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

Seth Pecksniff posted:

absolutely not where I thought this was going

I don't know what else you thought Nathen might do with GOOD Daddy Farmer Greg Nolan. Remember that Nathen is celibate now so don't go thinking dirty thoughts and being a #sex monster. ... mneowww!

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

I like it when you call me good daddy

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out
officialfarmboy and good daddy just chilling out

special shoutout to Nike what up Garfields

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

I do sort of love that he hasn't figured out that you put all the words together in a hashtag with no spaces. I have this figured out and I'm not the world's youngest entergager.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

If I hadn't seen him live on twitch I'd believe he was a posable mannequin with the same suit and expression at all times

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

Pictured: the ominous prediction the garfield plush costume saw as it was delivered outside casa mazri

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
The farm thing has been around a while. Its when he started that whole farm2plate thing and raffled off a chance for a fan to visit his farm.

Luxrage
Jan 2, 2017

I have no idea what I'm doing!

I like to imagine that Jim Davis sits at his desk and blindly rubber stamps Garfield licensing agreements like some zombie. That is until someone dares ask to use U.S. Acres and he launches up out of his chair becomes super protective of it like Bilbo Baggins when he sees the ring in LotR.

That's why Nathan can't ever tie it in to GarfEats.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
I've seen three men turn to prostitution for cocaine and I'm gonna see a fourth friday night behind the bar

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Drunk Nerds posted:

I've seen three men turn to prostitution for cocaine and I'm gonna see a fourth friday night behind the bar

Oh, they have a mirror?

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010
Post ITT every time you lol that Nathan Mazri, the guy who wrote Arabiolosis, is the president of Garfield EATS

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
Youngest Garfield franchisee ever! #young #youth #nike

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕

sharknado slashfic posted:

Oh, they have a mirror?

Argyle Gargoyle
Apr 1, 2009

ABSTRACT SHAPES CREW

#staybrowsed

Stocky Manhood
Jul 29, 2014

Can I get a hat wobble?

sharknado slashfic posted:

Oh, they have a mirror?

They turned their monitor on

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

We are Nathan, we are.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
stay browsed in, we'll be right back after these quick messages!

Partycat
Oct 25, 2004

Plant MONSTER. posted:

stay browsed in, we'll be right back after these quick messages!

*tediously long rant about the quality of the sauce due to garfieldian lasagna purity laws from the old country*

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Soylent Garfield

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
someone with mspaint+ please change one of those to read FARTISAN ARMS

Thanks,
Nermal

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Partycat posted:

*tediously long rant about the quality of the sauce due to garfieldian lasagna purity laws from the old country*

"This mutton lasagna is not meowlal!"

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
Jim Davis outlived Lowtax, lmao

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

Jim Davis will outlive all mortals. He is sustained by the glory of his creation.

Bloopsy
Jun 1, 2006

you have been visited by the Tasty Garlic Bread. you will be blessed by having good Garlic Bread in your life time, but only if you comment "ty garlic bread" in the thread below

Akratic Method posted:

Jim Davis will outlive all mortals. He is sustained by the glory of his creation.

Proof that if you take care of the cat, the cat will take care of you.

Agent Escalus
Oct 5, 2002

"I couldn't stop saying aloud how miscast Jim Carrey was!"
Jim Davis did a lot of things, like not being a key point in the timeline that led to Donald Trump, the global surge of fascism, and the rise of the alt-right.

Davis also didnt need INTERNET in his life or business at all.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Akratic Method posted:

Who dies first: Jim Davis or Henry Kissinger?

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Of all the crazy poo poo that's happened in this thread goons loving Jim Davis was one of the bigger surprises for me.

Agent Escalus
Oct 5, 2002

"I couldn't stop saying aloud how miscast Jim Carrey was!"
Well, you can mock (prime-era) Ned Flanders for a lot of things but at the end of the day youd rather live next door to him than next to Homer (post early years).

Sentinel
Jan 1, 2009

High Tech
Low Life

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

"GOOD Daddy Farmer" 🤮

It just hurts my mind.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Edit: wrong thread

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

Escape From Noise posted:

Of all the crazy poo poo that's happened in this thread goons loving Jim Davis was one of the bigger surprises for me.

I obviously don't speak for the thread generally, but for me it's not loving him so much as just accepting that he is what he always sought to be: a rich guy on the back of a ubiquitous and inoffensive comic. Garfield itself isn't really good either, but it is such a constant across lives and times that it's really rich fodder for mockery and weird post-modern poo poo in a way that something more demographically or regionally specific couldn't be.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

I get that's a lot of it but I remember early on a bunch of people were saying he was so much better that Bill Watterson because he got rich and Watterson was a bitter person or something. I dunno. Just wasn't what I expected.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

whydirt posted:

Jim Davis outlived Lowtax, lmao

Wait what the gently caress

Oh poo poo that's not a joke

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

Escape From Noise posted:

I get that's a lot of it but I remember early on a bunch of people were saying he was so much better that Bill Watterson because he got rich and Watterson was a bitter person or something. I dunno. Just wasn't what I expected.

? I think a ton of people respect Watterson because he legit stuck to his guns at all costs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Duckman2008 posted:

? I think a ton of people respect Watterson because he legit stuck to his guns at all costs.

Again, I know it's not everyone ITT but there were a few posters. It was just more than I'd expected.