Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.

Basically documentary footage of my life right here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Cavauro posted:

Tell me a story of rats.

I was at Commander Monday and one of the guys I was playing with had a deck that was just a bunch of copies of Relentless Rats:

commanded by this guy:

For a few games I thought "this isn't that scary, it's just a bunch of rats" but then he got this on the board:

He then had 15 17/17 rats on the field and the game was over.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
That's why you pack at least 3 sweepers in the deck.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Gaz-L posted:

That's why you pack at least 3 sweepers in the deck.

Doesn't really help when they all have haste

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Always have targeted removal for artifacts/a few specialized lands. That rat deck loving owns.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

this could be neat (didn't know where else to put this)

https://twitter.com/SirLARIATO/status/1458531754659155974

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Netflix being in full,"gently caress it, let's see what works?" mode has its downs but it sure as hell has its ups too.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

I Before E posted:

Doesn't really help when they all have haste

:colbert: Settle The Wreckage (or Vedalken Orrery)

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Is Lowtax actually dead?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Shard posted:

Is Lowtax actually dead?

Apparently so. Fragmaster posted a rather emotional obituary in GBS.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

How did he die

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Eat My Fuc posted:

How did he die

His new place had no stairs.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Snapped his spine trying to suck his own dick

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Taxlow, sweet chariot

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Can't say I really feel anything for him. I love this corner of the place he built but he was an abuser so

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Eat My Fuc posted:

How did he die

in disgrace

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Shard posted:

Can't say I really feel anything for him. I love this corner of the place he built but he was an abuser so

He may have created it but lol, and perhaps even lmao, if you think he "built" it

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Eat My Fuc posted:

How did he die

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Seth Lowtax Rich

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

someone in the gbs thread posted hunter s thompson's eulogy to nixon and changed all the details to lowtax and goons are tripping over themselves to say "wtf is this cringe nonsense lol"

never loving change you glorious idiots

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

obligatory lowtax is dead and I don't know how to accept that

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

i swear i’m not trying to be judgy of how people grieve cause thats wrong to me but the story of lowyax’s daughter pissing on him was such a bizarre turn in that video. i get it but drat. death is ugly and entropy sucks rear end. i’ll let god be the judge not i but man the world we live in is so absurd

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Shard posted:

I'm appreciative that he created this place but more and more it became apparent how much of what actually made me want to be here existed despite him rather than because of him.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Eat My Fuc posted:

i swear i’m not trying to be judgy of how people grieve cause thats wrong to me but the story of lowyax’s daughter pissing on him was such a bizarre turn in that video. i get it but drat. death is ugly and entropy sucks rear end. i’ll let god be the judge not i but man the world we live in is so absurd

Actually it is cool and telling how one of his best friends in the world eulogized him and all he could say about him was "I saw him get pissed on once in the Kauffman Stadium parking lot."

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Rip (rest in piss) Lowtax

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

i found out from the AEW live posting thread which was weird but then it was kind of interesting seeing all the other threads in my bookmarks slowly all catch the same wave and respond, "really? huh wild" one by one

edit: jesus christ the lady ambien post >_<

Tweak fucked around with this message at 09:11 on Nov 11, 2021

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

eldenring ooooooohh

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Nice to see Lowtax finally do something correctly, at least.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Today for Eng. 1, we finish testing based on curriculum they don’t get taught (ELA8, because they are in Eighth grade) to create data to check on how they are doing before we start testing on the curriculum they are taught (Eng.1) to create data to see how they are doing and we need to get that done before their benchmark testing next week which creates data to see how they are doing and all of this on top of any summative or formative assessments I may do for a given class which actually me how they are doing for what I specifically teach, which is based on all the standards all the other stuff is based on. I see them every other day, so this is about two weeks of class.

pretty cool imo pretty normal and good

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

What's the point of benchmark testing when they've just finished testing to see what the student's base is?

Money for the administration, right but man they must realize that this is dumb.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

Captain Magic posted:

Today for Eng. 1, we finish testing based on curriculum they don’t get taught (ELA8, because they are in Eighth grade) to create data to check on how they are doing before we start testing on the curriculum they are taught (Eng.1) to create data to see how they are doing and we need to get that done before their benchmark testing next week which creates data to see how they are doing and all of this on top of any summative or formative assessments I may do for a given class which actually me how they are doing for what I specifically teach, which is based on all the standards all the other stuff is based on. I see them every other day, so this is about two weeks of class.

pretty cool imo pretty normal and good

MAP growth testing

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

TV Zombie posted:

What's the point of benchmark testing when they've just finished testing to see what the student's base is?

Money for the administration, right but man they must realize that this is dumb.

Education is a billion-dollar industry that preys on minority-heavy school districts who rely on federal funding to exist because local school funding primarily comes from property values (which are low because of minorities and racism), and that federal funding relies on standardized test results.

So the industry takes advantage of the fear of not being federally funded by selling tests and programs which promote better test results by doing more pre-testing, which sounds like it might help (prepare for a test? Okay, sure) but which research has shown absolutely does not work because there are only so many class periods and hours in a day and because frequent testing demoralizes everyone up and down the chain.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Standardized testing is just a way to create a set of data that high level people can point at to pretend they aren’t racist.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

bring back 'The GameBoy'. return it

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

No

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Donkey Kong on game boy is a good game, for real

e: Listening to Burning Down the House. Do you guys think David Byrne doesnt know how hot fire is or do you think he uses celsius

Bluedeanie fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Nov 11, 2021

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

David Byrne lives in his own reality dont think too much about it

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i don't see why he wouldn't use celsius

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

scared? To use it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

David Byrne made the movie True Stories, which is very good.