Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Farten Barfen
Dec 30, 2018
I’m opening up my island. Leif is here selling carrot and potato starts. I’ve also got a little farm with all of the vegetables that you’re free to pick, though there are only ten each of everything but pumpkins so please try to be considerate of folks that might also need them.

Beyond that, pick whatever fruit/flowers you want and buy whatever you want at nook’s. There’s a bunch of free stuff on the beach next to the airport!

I don’t really need anything, but if you’ve got any spare glowing moss items or diys other than the wall and dress, they’d be appreciated!

I’ll be AFK but I’ll try to check on the thread in a bit.

Dodo code in the PGS thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Farten Barfen posted:

I’m opening up my island.

I love the roach infested Arby’s.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Doing a house for my first villager, Reneigh and she has K.K. Bashment for her song and holy poo poo this song rules

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AiTCrSGIlnU

Real chill vibes

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

J-Spot posted:

I love the roach infested Arby’s.

yeah nice place. if i knew how to tip or such i woulda *hint*

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Do y'all have music playing in your cafe on HHP? Mine is dead quiet and it's kinda creepy and terrible. I have one of the smart speaker lookin things setup, but when I go to turn it on it just says "nothing is playing".

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Casu Marzu posted:

Do y'all have music playing in your cafe on HHP? Mine is dead quiet and it's kinda creepy and terrible. I have one of the smart speaker lookin things setup, but when I go to turn it on it just says "nothing is playing".

I think you have to be in build mode and then you can select a song.

Farten Barfen
Dec 30, 2018

Barreft posted:

yeah nice place. if i knew how to tip or such i woulda *hint*

I’ve got one of those donation boxes by the airport but it’s just for fun. I’ve got more than enough bells, I just like sharing :)

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

he thought quoting borges would make him popular
So when do you get the option to start building your school and cafe? I've done 4-5 houses by now and been promoted to whatever level gets you 9,000 poki/house. A few houses ago, I ran across Lottie at the door to the school where she mentioned building it out but she went back to the main building and nothing ever came of it.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

usenet celeb 1992 posted:

So when do you get the option to start building your school and cafe? I've done 4-5 houses by now and been promoted to whatever level gets you 9,000 poki/house. A few houses ago, I ran across Lottie at the door to the school where she mentioned building it out but she went back to the main building and nothing ever came of it.

keep goin.

If you want to rush, just put down the 3 items everyone wants and move on.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

You'll get the school soon. I don't remember how many houses it was between the tease and getting to do it, but it wasn't that many.

Cafe and Restaurant come a bit later, and I was allowed to do them back to back.

I think some stuff might unlock based on visits? When I went today, Niko brought me to the school gave me the ability to do pillars and islands.

Moose-Alini
Sep 11, 2001

Not always so

TwoHeadedDeer posted:

...how many songs does kapp'n have in this game? got a repeat on day 4

Yeah it’s kinda disappointing. It’s just text, they could have put hundreds of songs in. Love that damned kappa.

It seems villagers have way more dialogue, and do special dialogue and requests a lot more often, so that’s cool.

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

>:V

Do villagers interact with objects outside more? That was one of the things that bummed me out with lots of the furniture. I want my villagers to use the outdoor spa I put in. :(

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

Lacrosse posted:

Do villagers interact with objects outside more? That was one of the things that bummed me out with lots of the furniture. I want my villagers to use the outdoor spa I put in. :(

As ever, they'll poke at it a few times and go back to the central plaza to do yoga.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

They play with the cat tower at least

https://twitter.com/BMOangie/status/1458682826308554753

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Oxyclean posted:

You'll get the school soon. I don't remember how many houses it was between the tease and getting to do it, but it wasn't that many.

Cafe and Restaurant come a bit later, and I was allowed to do them back to back.

I think some stuff might unlock based on visits? When I went today, Niko brought me to the school gave me the ability to do pillars and islands.

I think the school also requires you to have at least one vacation villager who can be the teacher.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Macaluso posted:

I think the school also requires you to have at least one vacation villager who can be the teacher.

Get the lion, say he's dyslexic; the course is on T.S Eliot, not 'toilets'.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Wait the cat tower makes sounds? :monocle:

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

J-Spot posted:

I think you have to be in build mode and then you can select a song.

Yep, that worked. Thanks!

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
Not sure if this is common knowledge or what exactly it's tied to, but I've been buying all the HHP store items since release and today Wardell told me "hey, I can order things for you if you want".

Turns out that means "anything you have used in any of your HHP house designs"* at a limit of 5/day of course. Looks like the Poki costs are slightly less than Bell costs (Throne is 800k bells, 730k Poki)

*other than 'not available for sale' items like art and whatnot

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Got a nice bit of luck today - Leif visited my island and was selling carrots (different stock from Harv's) which I needed, then I found tomatoes on the Kap'n island for the day, so I think my garden is complete now.

ChickenDoodle
Oct 22, 2020

I’ll share this here too if anyone is interested.

Drago’s Chinese Restaurant is finally open, and he is making **seafood pizza**!

Abel’s has **silly glasses** and **light-up flower crowns** for sale today. Free DIY down by the south beach.

https://turnip.exchange/island/10507a22

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
Can somebody link the thread for sharing island codes in? I want to open my island for a bit but am dumb and can't find it.

Potassium Problems
Sep 28, 2001
That would be the Wuh-oh! It's the Animal Crossing New Horizons Doodoo code thread in Private Game Servers

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
Thank you kindly!

E: OK, island is open. Come on by and buy some art!

readingatwork fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Nov 11, 2021

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

How do I farm?

Also I'm gobsmaked how drat good working for Lottie is

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Junkie Disease posted:

How do I farm?

Also I'm gobsmaked how drat good working for Lottie is

You get starts of the various items (tomatoes, sugarcane, potatoes, carrots, wheat) from Leif. Just plant them like flowers. Make sure you water them every day. They take a few days to mature.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

You get starts of the various items (tomatoes, sugarcane, potatoes, carrots, wheat) from Leif. Just plant them like flowers. Make sure you water them every day. They take a few days to mature.

Also, go to a Kapp'n island and take either the vegetable itself, or dig up the plant, bring it back, plant and water it.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Gasp

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

he thought quoting borges would make him popular
All but one of the Kapp'n islands I've been to so far have been just straight up garbage, nothing unique or of value except the gyroid fragments. The one half decent island had wheat growing on it (after I'd already gotten starts from Leif). Guess this is the price I pay for constantly having cool campers.

Also I finally got to design my school. And a movie house for a penguin. That was nice.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Yeah I really hope I get a star island one of these days

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

The party they throw for you after designing 10 homes is real cute. Just having a pizza party with my new work friends, drinking "juice"

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Imgur is finally working for me again, so here’s some pictures. There’s my cafe and the house I designed for Tank and Bruce. Both of them had gaming themes, so I built a little nerd hovel for them. They have posters of lady villagers up in their rooms. https://imgur.com/a/QCCCBRc

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Nessa posted:

Imgur is finally working for me again, so here’s some pictures. There’s my cafe and the house I designed for Tank and Bruce. Both of them had gaming themes, so I built a little nerd hovel for them. They have posters of lady villagers up in their rooms. https://imgur.com/a/QCCCBRc

These are very cool and well made! I love the album wall and the repetition of the ceiling lamps in the cafe. I can never think of using stuff in patterns like that.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Regarding Kapp'n islands, the dataminers found out how it works - you can't get taken to an island that's set during a season you haven't experienced on your island yet.

So all you folk who restarted and have new characters, or hiatused through most seasons, are going to be stuck with the basic islands for a while.

Dr. Chainsaws PhD
May 21, 2011

Black Robe posted:

Regarding Kapp'n islands, the dataminers found out how it works - you can't get taken to an island that's set during a season you haven't experienced on your island yet.

So all you folk who restarted and have new characters, or hiatused through most seasons, are going to be stuck with the basic islands for a while.

:negative: i was loving hoping that wouldn't be the case, but i should have figured as much during my 5th trip to hollybush island

at least i got bell trees and extra recipes i guess

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Chronojam posted:

It you like "design for a theme" as a game, I've heard real good things about Style Savvy on 3DS (not being sarcastic here)

Isn't that the game that Ring A Ding comes from?

I just got the Poki to Bell conversion service. Since I got no frame of reference, my first day's conversion is 100 Poki to 312 Bells. That seems kinda crazy good, am I right?

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

Yes Ring a Ding is from Style Savvy from the makers of Def Jam Fight for New York

Dr. Chainsaws PhD
May 21, 2011

Junkie Disease posted:

Yes Ring a Ding is from Style Savvy from the makers of Def Jam Fight for New York

more people should know this. it's my favorite weird dev link trivia

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Dr. Chainsaws PhD posted:

:negative: i was loving hoping that wouldn't be the case, but i should have figured as much during my 5th trip to hollybush island

at least i got bell trees and extra recipes i guess

If you're not opposed to time traveling, apparently if you hit all the major season dates, everything will open up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plasbad
Oct 2, 2013
Weird, I totally just got a maple leaf island and I never experienced it before on my save. I know I didn't load it up at all last fall.