Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FunMerrania
Mar 3, 2013

Blast Processing
F

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Just wanna make sure we're all clear on this, since this thread is moving so fast

I. M. Gei posted:

I'm gonna be at least the 200th person to ask who's gonna get his sweet GTR

If he still had it when he croaked and it wasn't repo-ed and he didn't leave it to anyone in his will and nobody else has claimed it yet, then I hereby officially call dibs on Lowtax's GTR. But not the remaining payments on it. I wanna make it clear I'm calling dibs on the car but not on whatever payments on it he had left.

I. M. Gei posted:

I also hereby officially call dibs on all other expensive and/or valuable items Lowtax owned that aren't already claimed by other people.

Athropos
May 4, 2004

"Skeletons are Number One! Flesh just slows you down."
I guess he didnt drink his mangosteen, rip.

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

whats ligma

Nick Buntline
Dec 20, 2007
Doesn't know the impossible.

rip to the founder of a site i have spent an unquestionably unhealthy amount of time on. thank you for creating it, and then leaving, and nothing else.

“[Something Awful] is a poor [forum] at best; the only thing that can honestly be said in its favor is that it is eight times as good as any other [forum] the human race has ever tried." - Robert A. Heinlein

Laf Without Ceasing
Aug 15, 2002
I dunno guys I think Jeff K still holds up

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Posting a somewhat personally identifiable Thing in the something awful dot com forums seems like a bad idea, no matter how appropriate a thread this is to do it in, idk

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

ullerrm posted:

commie trans furry is the new platinum

Surprising how many of us there actually are here.

redm
Feb 20, 2016

Sugartime Jones

not much whats ligma with you

SuperDepressing
Feb 19, 2011

so sad

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Clicking "Post History" on random people saying things like "o hai" and seeing that their last post was during the Bush Administration :stare:

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Lowtax Is Gone, Mon Ami

Blacktooth
Apr 13, 2007

Priapist posted:

Frags is old, I'm old, and Lowtax is a corpse. I need to go lie down.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
maybe lowtax died at the travis scott concert, too

shelley
Nov 8, 2010

Unlucky7 posted:

I really do not know what to say, so I may as well leave it at that.

Also, man, there are a whole lot of posters here that I haven't seen in a long time.

e: gently caress this thread moves fast but yeah, this

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008

Barudak posted:

Lowtax Is Gone, Mon Ami

BITCHTITS
Oct 22, 2003

Perry'd

Farm Frenzy posted:

paul walker see you again meme but its lowtax and hes driving into a giant goatse

and beating his wife in the passenger seat lmao

eukara
Aug 5, 2014

Do you believe in life after bomb?
nvm rear end

eukara fucked around with this message at 07:37 on Nov 11, 2021

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Shame Boy posted:

Posting a somewhat personally identifiable Thing in the something awful dot com forums seems like a bad idea, no matter how appropriate a thread this is to do it in, idk

kiwifarms are all over reposting snippets of this thread so... yeah wouldn't recommend

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Nothin' much what's ligma with you

Sweetgrass
Jan 13, 2008
:qfg:

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

redm posted:

not much whats ligma with you

just chillin my good friend, having a drink and a smoke

Ganbare Gincun
Jul 24, 2014
I just found out about this on Twitter. Thank you for telling everyone about Lowtax's passing, Fragmaster. I don't really know what to say, aside from the fact that I feel terrible for his family.
Has there been a GoFundMe or something like that set up yet to help his kids?

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Ganbare Gincun posted:

I just found out about this on Twitter. Thank you for telling everyone about Lowtax's passing, Fragmaster. I don't really know what to say, aside from the fact that I feel terrible for his family.
Has there been a GoFundMe or something like that set up yet to help his kids?

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3984523

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Dejan Bimble posted:

You're deluded if you think the culture and ethic of this site are anything but products of his hard work along with people he personally selected.

There's nothing easy about managing thousands and thousands of anonymous people and he figured out a way to make it really funny and good. All the personal poo poo is something else, and I haven't really followed anything that happened outside the basketball thread in 10+ years but he created an internet institution and that's almost real

It says something that the sports forums here are the only good ones on the internet

Lowtax had nothing to do with the success of this site. Its a complete fabricated fantasy to say he mattered to this community or to give him any sort of credit for the impact SA had on the internet.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 217 days!
he really did change my life, and even the world. in the latter case mostly by accidentally setting the events in motion that would lead to the creation of 4chan. but still.

Schir
Jan 23, 2012

Jon Joe posted:

whatd he die of

deadly variant of forums cancer known as ligma

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

Powered Descent posted:

Clicking "Post History" on random people saying things like "o hai" and seeing that their last post was during the Bush Administration :stare:

everything pre-trump feels like a parallel fuckin dimension. this is still the same site that raided an angel babies forum.

Ashrik
Feb 9, 2009

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.
Goonnight Lowtax

Guy might have been a mess of a human, but the forum he created went on to be a positive influence on my life. Who knows what kind of awful place I would have idled on and then joined if it not for SA. Good despite his failings, sure, but good.

New New Fresh
May 26, 2013

RIP lowtax we wish we hardly knew ye

A Lamer
Jul 2, 2006

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Who should play Lowtax in the biopic: Timothee Chalamet or Chris Pratt? It's 2021, those are your only two options.

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020
It should have been aatrek

Laf Without Ceasing
Aug 15, 2002
Does this mean Ignite is now single heh .. I don’t remember how to make emoticons

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Who should play Lowtax in the biopic: Timothee Chalamet or Chris Pratt? It's 2021, those are your only two options.

It's going to be Klaus Kinski

pblol
Jun 27, 2008
WATCH BUSH START A loving WAR

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

idk but i do know it should be directed by uwe boll

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I feel like Andrew Garfield needs work

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Derpies posted:

I’d like to firmly state for the record I am on team Monster Girl

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eomora
Sep 11, 2021

Well, I only registered on this site this year but I lurked for many years before, and saw lowtax at some of his "best" and at his worst.

So I guess... lmao