Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
Loving the people filing in from 15 years ago who are posting thinking Lowtax is a shining paragon still.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?

aphid posted:

Holy poo poo some of you are disgusting ghouls.

He was a smart and funny guy who made a great website and forums back in the day when there was really nothing else like it at the time. His platform gave me years of laughs and I am grateful to him for that. I couldn't care less about his personal life but I'm sure he had his issues like everyone does. I'm too old to keep up with this website anymore but from what I've sparingly seen of him when I've thought "I wonder what this person is up to", he seemed like a great dad. Just like someone you haven't talked to or seen in ages but are still glad they're still around, his presence will be missed by at least myself.

Goodbye Lowtax

lol gently caress you

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

aphid posted:

Holy poo poo some of you are disgusting ghouls.

He was a smart and funny guy who made a great website and forums back in the day when there was really nothing else like it at the time. His platform gave me years of laughs and I am grateful to him for that. I couldn't care less about his personal life but I'm sure he had his issues like everyone does. I'm too old to keep up with this website anymore but from what I've sparingly seen of him when I've thought "I wonder what this person is up to", he seemed like a great dad. Just like someone you haven't talked to or seen in ages but are still glad they're still around, his presence will be missed by at least myself.

Goodbye Lowtax

you were on SA during 9/11, chris chan, the woman losing her kid due to her poison womb, and making fun of lowtax is where you draw the line?

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

I never interacted with lowtax, and then he died

Rip

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

The reason I know Lowtax died is because way way more people on like six or seven other websites are apparently secret goons or ex-goons than I thought.

Fagus
Apr 1, 2005
The Gay
It seems I missed a lot in the past decade, so I decided to visit the SAclopedia entry for Lowtax to try to make sense of the dark remarks regarding his passing that I keep reading about.

quote:

Posted by Raimundus on June 7, 2009

Lowtax still pops by every now and again. You can tell by checking out how many users he's recently probated or banned in the Leper's Colony. The man always leaves his mark on these forums.
Ah, yes. This is what I last remember.

quote:

Posted by Jaguars! on May 28, 2018

In early 2018, Lowtax foolishly sought donations from the forums to purchase an early access robot spine that was not yet comliant with the three laws of robotics. Sure enough, the new spine made an attempt on his life in May, concussing him.

Despite their donations helping to probably eventually save Lowtax's life, goons mocked him mercilessly anyway. As a result, Lowtax can be seen pointing at things here.
Hmm... seems he had a medical condition of some sort here. Funny photoshops!

quote:

Posted by Faux Mulder on June 24, 2020

lowtax also serially beats women, so don't give him any more money

quote:

Posted by Fates End on June 24, 2020

The "esteemed" hopefully soon-to-be-former owner of this website, a serial wife-beater, a blackmailer, and either a gas-lighter or a person who threatens women into making video reactions, oh my! Don't give him any money.

More details in this thread.
:aaa:

quote:

Posted by Fates End on July 12, 2020

It is now official that Lowtax has agreed on a deal to sell the website to Jeff, as first revealed in a facebook meltdown that mostly boils down to ":qq: the crazy bitch is stealing the website from me, I can't even walk, I can't possibly beat women, I need bone money :qq:"

Good loving riddance.
:aaaaa:

quote:

Posted by Agent Escalus on October 22, 2020

A permaban for Lowtax is now officially incoming, as announced by Jeffrey last night:

"A lot of people have asked about permabanning lowtax. This is obviously going to happen and, for fun, I’m going to let whoever spends the most on the store for the next month be the one to do so. I’m gonna track this by email address so please use the same email address for all purchases."

(This thread appears to be the de facto one for said contest.)

Also written a few paragraphs down in the same announcement:

"Further, I would like to move on from lowtax. We are free of him. I would like us all to happily move forward without him, not dwell in the past. I’m sure he will come up from time to time, but I would prefer there be no more threads dedicated to talking about lowtax - there is little to be gained by obsessing over what he is doing at any given time, and he has nothing to do with the site any more."
:asoiaf:

I don't know the guy outside of forum posts, front page articles, baseball alarm clocks, doom house, mood house, flash tubs, hot sauces, whimsical boxing matches, and his gaming garbage videos so this more recent stuff is really shocking and kind of hitting all at once.

:feelsbadman:

Perhaps one day I can come back and there won't be such godawful news about a former moderator, admin, or forum celebrity being ousted in memory as a terrible person, but today is not that day.

RIP Lowtax
Your high was high, but your low was a little too taxed.

I don't hate you, but I pity that you will never get to redeem yourself now.

LazyDivey
Jun 18, 2004

Orange crush momma is a laugh laugh laugh.

Filthy Haiku posted:

Chronic inflammation sucks but I'm actually in good health otherwise.

Also this just in: I'm gay.

I think we are all pretty much gay on this dead gay forum.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Hhe may have been a piece of poo poo, but SA is a pretty cool place, RIP

Hillary 2024
Nov 13, 2016

by vyelkin

GolfHole posted:

jeez theres a lot of people posting itt, did someone die or something

Ur mom.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Dongicus posted:

actually its Queer to jack off to the sexy zootopia rabbit

What if you jack off to the fat cheetah guy, how gay is that

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

no more books posted:

Hello SA is laissez faire still around

Nice try FBI

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch

Sard posted:

they're not discount, they're deluxe

They're just furries with a hair trimmer imo

or scales in your case idk

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Factor_VIII posted:

Yeah, stuff like EPG telling a woman who had suffered multiple miscarriages "Your poison womb is making heaven too loving crowded" does look pretty bad on retrospect.

that's what makes it funny

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

spouse
Nov 10, 2008

When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.

Feels weird tbh, I always thought he was a bit of a forums bully, but I thought this place was so cool for so long when I was a kid.

I remember seeing some rifftrax movie and being so excited to see the short he did with his kid.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XyHEMPWRxk

Remembering him coming back mid last year and posting like 300 times in one night just spilling his pocket spaghetti all over the forums, though, ayy lmao.

Goondolences to his family.

edit: 7 pages passed in the time it took me to write this out. holy poo poo this thread is chuggin' (and tuggin')

pliable
Sep 26, 2003

this is what u get for "180 x 180 avatars"

this is what u fucking get u bithc
Fun Shoe
Hey GameQuoter, you around? Sup. I miss you. I'm sure you can post something extremely related to this thread. Hope you are well.

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch

BITCHTITS posted:

ITT: old goons who for some reason feel morally superior after having a mid-life 'reawakening'

Yeah I remember when I used to beat women back in the day op

wait no that was just lowtax lmao I don't beat women

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost
the pied piper of ham joints

sunpocket
Dec 30, 2003

rip in piss i hope his many children find peace

BukkakeParty
Nov 7, 2000

Judge Tesla posted:

Loving the people filing in from 15 years ago who are posting thinking Lowtax is a shining paragon still.

Nah. He got lovely real fast with his weird banhammer obsession and mom schemes.

**edit MLM not mom but I’m leaving it

Filthy Haiku
Oct 22, 2010

i am shattering like glass

but at least
i have

springy ride
Now Lowtax can keep all the babies from the poison womb lady company

Just kidding we know he's in hell LOL

SwampLemon
May 12, 2021
posting in a fragmaster thread

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
i hope he goes to hell until his spirit pays me back my money for when i got double charged on a donation. and for all the other things i guess

Qaz Kwaz
Jul 24, 2003
What's your email? I've got some shitty posts that you NEED to read.
haven't posted in like 15 years met my wife had two kids. what'd I miss?

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Endorph posted:

i dont care if people do or dont jack off to the zootopia rabbit and i dont care if people post about it in this thread cause this thread is for loling into the void but whenever someone posts 'furries are masters of consent' my skin crawls

my j/o material is based

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

TwoStepBoog posted:

It's not news, it's fark

farkly my dear richard, i dont give a drat

TwoStepBoog
Apr 12, 2008

Fagus posted:

It seems I missed a lot in the past decade, so I decided to visit the SAclopedia entry for Lowtax to try to make sense of the dark remarks regarding his passing that I keep reading about.

Ah, yes. This is what I last remember.

Hmm... seems he had a medical condition of some sort here. Funny photoshops!

:aaa:

:aaaaa:

:asoiaf:

I don't know the guy outside of forum posts, front page articles, baseball alarm clocks, doom house, mood house, flash tubs, hot sauces, whimsical boxing matches, and his gaming garbage videos so this more recent stuff is really shocking and kind of hitting all at once.

Perhaps one day I can come back and there won't be such godawful news about a former moderator, admin, or forum celebrity being ousted in memory as a terrible person, but today is not that day.

RIP Lowtax

you regged in 2005 and have two posts what the gently caress

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

The way I see it, making every stupid joke I can think of is the most fitting tribute I can give, whether you love they guy or hate him or have complicated wishy-washy feelings about his mixed legacy.

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch

Qaz Kwaz posted:

Fragmaster came back

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Dongicus posted:

actually its Queer to jack off to the sexy zootopia rabbit

Lowtax bad therefore everything Lowtax disliked is good and therefore SA is now a bestiality forum

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Qaz Kwaz posted:

A lot, sorry you wasted your life in meatspace

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Whitenoise Poster posted:

The reason I know Lowtax died is because way way more people on like six or seven other websites are apparently secret goons or ex-goons than I thought.
anyone over the age of 30 and still Online is almost certainly a goon. it was pretty much the most known website de jour of anyone with an internet connection in the early 2000s; shared amongst your middle or high school class mates loading it up on the lovely library computer. wide swath of podcasters, half the people on twitter, even a lot of reddit and gaming communities were more than likely goons. most likely lurker-goons though.

and once a goon, always a goon

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

LibbyM posted:

If I can make a sappy sincere post: I haven't posted on something awful in an extremely long time. Just kind of moved on I guess. But I absolutely love the energy of this thread. Missed this.
lol @ all everyone who haven't posted since the "lol lowtax is a serial abuser" thread from 2020, then not since ~2010 before that

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Fagus posted:

RIP Lowtax

drat trying to imagine being in your position and it's some rip van winkle poo poo

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Endorph posted:

i dont care if people do or dont jack off to the zootopia rabbit and i dont care if people post about it in this thread cause this thread is for loling into the void but whenever someone posts 'furries are masters of consent' my skin crawls

I'm glad I could make you personally uncomfortable :tipshat:

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?
the gamefaqs spinoff luelinks 'eti'

Computer Serf
May 14, 2005
Buglord
lowtax dying seems to have triggered a deadman’s switch that’s summoning goons who logged off

Filthy Haiku
Oct 22, 2010

i am shattering like glass

but at least
i have

springy ride

Qaz Kwaz posted:

Lowtax is punchin that great spouse in the sky now :(

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
Goondolences and goonspeed, my goonsire :patriot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
it would be really funny if lowtax's spirit started showing up on ghost hunting shows