Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Pikavangelist posted:

honk if richard's dead

:honk:

I would also like to share one of my favourite videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSfr8C60VgM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Love Annie May
Oct 10, 2012
DSP OUTLASTS ANOTHER ONE LMAO

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Hey Rich's kids.

Hopefully he showed you guys the love and warmth you deserved.

There was a time he was cool. My dad never got to fight a hollywood director.

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

a cyberpunk goose posted:

This is more about like culture critics on YouTube videos or Twitter or TikTok or whatever, not them literally reading this thread. If they’re actually reading this thread then there is no god in this world

LadyAmbien posted:

Guys, I just want you to remember while posting, if you are about to write something mean about him that one day my daughter will be old enough to Google this thread and her older sisters already are.

Please try to be kind. This was their father. No matter what my relationship was to him or with him, this was their Daddy and they are hurting.

I recognize that I have said unkind things out of anger about Rich and our relationship on here in the past, so I get the hypocrisy in me saying this.

I ain't saying feel bad about the guy (I don't) but it's right there.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
how many kids did he leave behind

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

Cornwind Evil posted:

I think this says it best.

Maybe what was seen for twenty years was always a lie. Maybe he was always a complete loving piece of poo poo. Or maybe not. Maybe he became what he pretended to be. I don't know, and I doubt anyone on this forum ever knew or will ever know. Maybe some would get close, but that's it. And maybe anything good that came out of SA was purely by mistake, and in spite of him. But, whether wholly accidentally or not, as many posts have said, by helping create SA, he did do some good.

Remember that. Remember the bad too, if just for example and warning. Otherwise, don't let his poo poo haunt your life. And those who would celebrate his death? In the end, they know little to nothing. It's all one giant shitpost.

Fitting, I suppose. In any case, in the extremely minuscule chance any of those children see this random yahoo on a web forum's words, look to those who did try, and do try, to stretch on the good. Because they speak more for him than a million LOLZ LOWTAX IS DED MANGOSTEEN COOKIES SPINE WIFEBEATER style posts. Because even if he never meant it, and was against it, it still happened because he existed in the world and did what he did. Think of that. Let the rest be noted, learned from, and then put away forever.

It's naive to think they don't know the forums exist.

pliable
Sep 26, 2003

this is what u get for "180 x 180 avatars"

this is what u fucking get u bithc
Fun Shoe

Axe-man posted:

Lowtax took maybe what might be called the easy way out, but the court ruling I believe was the thing that broke him. Maybe it is that he could no longer see himself as the victim or that he had to face the fact that he would forever be tarnished the way he thought he would be vindicated.

Either way, he felt he had no out and there are a lot of people that have done the same thing and do the same thing every day. I have seen a lot of hopeless people make the same call. I guess I hold out the hope that with resources or support that should have been there, or our society helping something could have changed that would have prevented this, though I gotta admit, mass demonization is a hard pill to swallow.

lovely thing to pull though and extremely selfish. gently caress you Lowtax, you had a chance to better yourself and you threw it away cause it was hard. Maybe it was impossible to ever cleanse of the poo poo Lowtax, but he still had kids and time to spend with them and chances to see them grow.

How loving selfish can you be to rob your kids of that.

poo poo I'm getting all emotional over the internet.

This is well written, thanks for it. I'm getting emotional too man. Just kinda all sorts of fuckin feelings right now. I had personally had some wild poo poo happen to me earlier, that + this news, has been one of the loving weirdest Wednesdays in my entire loving life :psyduck:

OniSyphon
Dec 22, 2005
pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo

Shame Boy posted:

Okay you beat the Reddit guy in terms of "worst places to hear about this from" congrats

T-thanks, y-y-you too. Upvoted, liked, and followed, friend!

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Well that's certainly not news I expected to wake up to. My thoughts to in particular his kids who never asked for any of this.

BIG BABY JESUS
Jan 4, 2009

comrade commisrawr
i came here to post

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

hell people dancing in this thread are probably giving lowtax a more nuanced read than others on the internet probably will, who earnestly think and tell eachother SA is stormfront except it invented caption memes or something

Commie Lasorda
May 15, 2009

IT'S CLOBBERIN' TIME!

Renegret posted:

how many accounts are registered?

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay
Terrible news to wake up to, no child should lose their father this young even if he was a scumbag. Lowtax was extremely influential on mine and many others lives and I am genuinely very sad to hear this news.
My own father is an alcoholic and I have not had any contact with him for the past 2 years because he is a piece of poo poo but I would never celebrate his death and I would be very sad if I saw someone gloat over his death so I feel for his children, this thread is not very nice no matter what the man did.

grandma why
Sep 24, 2010

terrible
chomping at the big cookie in the sky

RoboJoe
Dec 30, 2006

We cleanse.
You are the filth.

I don’t post much but I read a variety of threads on the forum every day and have done for many, many years now. Without Lowtax I wouldn’t have been able to do that.

RIP, and my condolences go out to his family.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Novo posted:

i've never hit a woman or killed myself guess i'm quite the catch huh

Bet you never got paid six figures for a dead gay comedy forum tho

Novo: 0, Lowtax: 1

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

oh good, a complete dipshit is dead

anyway, echoing my condolences to everyone who was ever affected by him. gently caress lowtax lmao

NO FUCK YOU DAD
Oct 23, 2008

Honky Dong Country posted:

The dude sucked, news at 11. But she's said some of the kids are old enough to be reading (and are, even though I'd say that's a bad idea.)

Yeah, all else aside I can't imagine how hosed up it must be to read - or even be aware of - a mock thread for my father's suicide. Little Kyankas, please log off.

Evang
Nov 1, 2000

No Beezer, no Mellanby, but it's still Year of the Rat!

jsr v2.0 posted:

https://archive.org/details/gooncon2k2

It's painful. Really, really painful.

ah holy gently caress, you weren't kidding. I do not remember being that loving annoying, but time has a way of fading the truth. Thanks for sharing, man.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Renegret posted:

how many kids exist now because this forum got their parents together?

teen phone cutie
Jun 18, 2012

last year i rewrote something awful from scratch because i hate myself

Should be done right now. Ambien's already stated concerns about all the victory dancing and the kids a couple times now. This poo poo is gross as hell.

agreed big time

Pussy Haunter
Sep 9, 2001

LadyAmbien posted:

I'd also like to address this, with me, Rich did not get physical. I am 5'11 and I used to weight lift and was in shape, by this I mean I was physically his equal if not stronger than him. There was one instance where he rushed me and I put my arms out to stop him, another where he pinned me down on the bed, but from what I can recall right now the rest was emotional, financial, verbal and lots of intimidation like punching holes in the wall, throwing and breaking things, screaming in my face.

He did get physical multiple times with his first wife and once with his girlfriend after me.

I don't know why I feel the need to clear this up, but, I do.

I know that all three of us spouses loved him very much when we first got together. He was a complex man and it's devastating that there was so much potential there for a happier life if he tried to heal his demons and addictions successfully, and it ended like this.

Most humans are all not good or all bad. I have behaved in ways in my life that I'm not proud of. I don't know what I'm trying to say here really other than that grief is really loving complicated and I wish he had tried harder to heal if not for himself then for his kids. I hated him in recent times, but I also at one time loved him deeply.

My daughter is five, she will fare better than his other children who are in their teens and risk seeing people celebrating their fathers death.

I am an old FYAD hat. he used to be something of an idol or role-model when I was still in high school. Here I am now, trying to process everything. I had been working with him on some recent shows for his channel. begging him to change off that awful insurance that wasn't covering his medicines. You should know, for what it is worth, I was doing everything i could in my free time to turn this thing around. He wasn't alone

Lovable Luciferian
Jul 10, 2007

Flashing my onyx masonic ring at 5 cent wing n trivia night at Dinglers Sports Bar - Ozma

pillsburysoldier posted:

how many kids exist now because this forum got their parents together?

What a horrifying thought.

pliable
Sep 26, 2003

this is what u get for "180 x 180 avatars"

this is what u fucking get u bithc
Fun Shoe

Scholtz posted:

Bill Fillmaff holds a special spot in my heart because my brother was an avid/prolific online poker player at the time

Nice, that's kinda sweet :3. See Frags? We love you please make content thank you <3

James Dente
Nov 29, 2003
Awful Things Ate My Head
Watch the men's rights brigade turn the silly oval office into a martyr because he killed himself due to his child support payments.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
While I feel for his children, the monster mocking him is one of his very own creation. It's yet another aspect of his last torture as an inept dad, that what he leaves behind is a trail of people taking bites out of his corpse for laughs.

He could have controlled the narrative and written something to comfort them, but instead this is all he leaves for his children to look back on and see how their father was regarded.

myopinionsarefact
Sep 15, 2009
So many ugly things being said. A man has did, people

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

LadyAmbien posted:

My daughter is five, she will fare better than his other children who are in their teens and risk seeing people celebrating their fathers death.

Time to close the thread.

Cellophane S
Nov 14, 2004

Now you're playing with power.

Time Master posted:

his second to last video he posted really seems like he was hinting at this outcome

Yeah that is...a somewhat disturbing video

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

*curb your enthusiasm theme*

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
:siren:

Mods please lock the thread. Some goons have their own demons and it's getting pretty vile.

klabelkholosh
Aug 4, 2006
Froghat Mews Inc. ;)
erm well end of the ancient 1st internet era. lovely and complicated mango man created ground zero for everything funny online

shout out to wet_butt

also 10 buxshot etc.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I'm all for a good post mortem zinger but imo gently caress everyone with these "rot in hell" style posts. There's so many deranged mutants on this site. Jesus Christ.

Project 2501
Nov 18, 2014
rest in piss ex-owner of a dead gay forum and I hope his kids and ex-wives are ok

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

I feel like the forum's gonna need to get it out of their system one way or another, at least this is one thread that can be stowed away when we're done instead of 50.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

Closing it will just cause spillover to other places on the forums, added to that, it's not just us talking about it.

Filthy Haiku
Oct 22, 2010

i am shattering like glass

but at least
i have

springy ride

Facebook Aunt posted:

Guns are something you can do on the spur of the moment. Getting the right kind and amount of pills take more planning, the wrong pills will just make you sick as hell without killing you or hurt a lot while they kill you. The timeline makes it sound like he shot himself within minutes of getting the decree. No plan.

I'm going to be unbearably real for a moment here, even if this is a space that really isn't right for it.

Severe content warning:
When I was in my early twenties, I was poor, pre-transition and had just been date raped by the first boy I ever dated. My father had beaten me with an aluminum bat a few months prior. I didn't have access to firearms and I knew better than pills due to my family being in the medical field. I figured the only method available to me was to jump. I took a bus to downtown since the city i live in is flat as hell. I intentionally got stoned out of my mind and hesitated for just a moment; long enough for someone to see me. That moment was just enough of a window to make me realize I didn't want to do this. I knew jumping was a lovely way to go, but i didn't really care at the moment.

But if I had access to a firearm? That singular impulse would have lasted long enough for me to be dead. And, even if it took years and years, I'm finally glad I'm not dead. Please hang in there folks. Don't own a gun if you could ever even slightly entertain the idea of suicide.

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

I ain't saying feel bad about the guy (I don't) but it's right there.

It’s on page 23 of an incredibly predictable thread that’s moving very quickly, saying it’s “right there” is an understatement. Let the community run its course and make a separate more moderated thread for more mature condolences/obituary posting imo

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."

Cool, but can't wait for the Vice article.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Y'all miss the pages earlier where people were posting goatse or something