Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

The AI is programmed to put you in 10th place if you dont block them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

well that's lame

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I rarely go into the field, motherfucker.

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Might be a stupid question, but are you sure it isn't a particular cars engine noise? There are many cars in the game that have scratchy/wheezy/poppy sounding engines/mufflers.

it's not, but I fixed it by setting sound properties to 24bit 96000hz

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.

Black Griffon posted:

Microsoft Flight Simulator is a beautiful game.

Forza Horizon 5: Microsoft Flight Simulator 2021

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Babe Magnet posted:

crew logo creation is go. had to remake some stuff from the windows store version of FH4 since it doesn't carry over to steam and I lost everything lol

I'll be making a bunch more variations (check my early post history, I'll probably remake those) of these but here's a basic team logo, the SA grenade, and a SA grenade stencil. Search for GRCC or LLJK

have some more

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

anyone found a good C and/or D car and tune yet ?

edit: stock acura integra 2001 is decent C. its only a couple points off the pl cap stock so it doesn't demand tuning

Qmass fucked around with this message at 08:04 on Nov 11, 2021

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
requested GRCC as UncookedFries :kiddo:

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

just sent a request under evilatom2113

eukara
Aug 5, 2014

Do you believe in life after bomb?

Close to LVL 100 already, got all the roads discovered today.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
I got high and made a thing.

Thanks for those dope GRCC vinyls, Babe Magnet!

If anyone wants the Lowtax Is Dead banner you can find it by searching LLJK

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I've only ever owned an LS and a GSR but the Integra Type R sounds pretty solid. Also the 911 GT2RS you get for owning FM7 is a beast

runaway dog fucked around with this message at 08:21 on Nov 11, 2021

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

poo poo, quote isn't edit :arghfist:

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

I got a duplicate car and was going to give it away for free, but then I changed my mind and tried to cancel. I lost the car.
Don't be like me.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Love the GRCC logos and stuff, it's kinda next-level for what I'm used to.

Really itching to play. My weekend starts late Saturday night, I'll be looking for you guys to convoy up and go racing together.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Thom12255 posted:

How do you turn on auto drive?

set all steering and breaking to easiest, tape down accelerate, have a car that manages to drive fast and stay on the line, use one of the custom Goliath races

(use the original to testdrive your setup, if you hit the rocks in that one curve your car is too fast)

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

Req'd to join club as evil badman.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Professor Beetus posted:

Thanks for those dope GRCC vinyls, Babe Magnet!

no prob, the white one you've got on the back looks kind of like poo poo because that's the stencil btw. The idea is that you layer it over some kind of funky design so that the negative space of the letters take on the design, and then you fill in the area around it with flat colors to "block" the interior in. That's the intended use of it at least, use 'em however you like obv

Dr. Faustus posted:

Love the GRCC logos and stuff, it's kinda next-level for what I'm used to.

I'll be making more as the inspiration strikes me, I'm one of those dudes that'll slap 40 million aftermarket stickers on their car even if it's otherwise got a flat paint job lol

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

downside: playground games haven't changed a bit
upside: you don't need to actually win to get the seasonal reward for playing?

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

hexwren posted:

Correct.

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

christ shut up and let me drive

Dr. Chainsaws PhD
May 21, 2011

hexwren posted:

downside: playground games haven't changed a bit

they changed that in an update in FH4 if i recall correctly

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

AndrewP posted:

any tips for getting off the line quicker? can never put the power down and I get pulled away from. try to ease it on and.... I get pulled away from. what's the secret?

The AI in this game is not "real", it's faked to make sure it feels like a tight race. On higher difficulties (highly skilled+) the AI will do weird things like accelerate from 0-100 in 0.5 seconds and just pull away but after ~75% of the race is done they will slow down to let you win. When you get into first place the AI boosts are disabled and you will notice that you pull far ahead after having to fight really hard for that 1st place. It's very obvious in the showcases where the AI will literally slow down right in front of the finish line to make sure you win by 0.1 seconds (if it is a close race).

It was the same in FH4 but in this game they gave the AI way too much "boost", especially during cross country races.

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib
Add me to the list of having driven manual transmission cars all my life, yet being unable to do it in games. The lack of a physical gear stick/wheel/clutch pedal combo, lack of tactile feedback in terms of vibrations, and really really bad appreciation of actual speed just doesn't cut it for me, and I just can't get it right.

That said, I have moved to driving an EV for a couple years now and quickly got used the no-transmission-whatsoever thing. It's probably boring from a racing perspective, but that linear acceleration is something else for daily comfort. Between that and battery regeneration when lifting the foot from the accelerator, it's not the games getting closer to the real thing, it's driving the real car which feels like playing a videogame.

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

for me the thing that makes manual harder in games vs real life is that I have never driven a 1000hp hypercar which breaks traction @ 50% throttle and chews through its gears going 100mph + on a public road where I don't have time to look at the dash before I go off the road

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

just tried to solo horizon arcade because nobody else was stopping to help

got to 110 destruction skills in ten minutes, but the goal was like 125 or something because fz live was balanced pretty reasonably and this is a goddamn mess

the kicker is the failure screen saying YOU SCORED ZERO POINTS and like I get that they mean forzathon points or whatever but like at least recognize that I just busted my friggin' agates trying to figure out how to best get the game to recognize as many destruction skills in as short a time as possible because once you destroy something, there's a delay until it recognizes that you destroyed something else

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Ive made the fastest delivery van in Mexico

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

One thing I noticed that makes it easier for manual is that the gear number turns red at the red line. Easy to see out of the corner of your eye.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

and now it's decided to crash the moment I make any changes in the garage. welp.

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

Control Volume posted:

Ive made the fastest delivery van in Mexico

Which track is this? I need to know....for reasons :grin:

hexwren posted:

just tried to solo horizon arcade because nobody else was stopping to help

got to 110 destruction skills in ten minutes, but the goal was like 125 or something because fz live was balanced pretty reasonably and this is a goddamn mess

the kicker is the failure screen saying YOU SCORED ZERO POINTS and like I get that they mean forzathon points or whatever but like at least recognize that I just busted my friggin' agates trying to figure out how to best get the game to recognize as many destruction skills in as short a time as possible because once you destroy something, there's a delay until it recognizes that you destroyed something else

I have no idea what they thought when they made horizon arcade, nobody is playing it. I've done it a bunch of times and I am always solo despite online working. Forzathon Live was a much better idea, once per hour, on the hour, and everyone in the session gets a notification and countdown. I remember all the good times I had playing it with my bros, showing off our cars and stuff, arcade is just dead. Maybe it will get better as time goes on, hope so.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

TjyvTompa posted:

Which track is this? I need to know....for reasons :grin:

I don't remember the name but it's the road race in the NW that runs by the coastal house

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
well they promised a hotfix this week, hopefully online and crashes are done then

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

4000 Dollar Suit posted:

it's not, but I fixed it by setting sound properties to 24bit 96000hz
turning the device off and on should also work, or changing the samplerate to something else and back. whatever resets your audio buffer

Funso Banjo
Dec 22, 2003

Any benefit to getting more points in the festival playlist than is required for the cars?

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

You get an achievement for doing it one time (the monthly rivals event counts towards the total), other than that, no. They used to require 100% for the second reward in FH4, but lowered it to 80% (around the time I stopped playing :v:) specifically so you could skip some poo poo with no repercussions

Gasoline
Jul 31, 2008

TjyvTompa posted:

Maybe it will get better as time goes on, hope so.

I assume people will start doing the Arcade stuff once the Forzathon shop is available and everyone wants to grind those points for the new shinies.

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

Chin up Tiger, There is always next season...
I haven't been able to finish an arcade event because of disconnects so far. I imagine as more people (including myself) get free fast travel then it'll get more populated as well.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

The one thing that absolutely ruins my day no matter what is getting Manéo Jung-Espinoza'd when I'm having a nice drive. It's so loving jarring, my god.

Qtamo
Oct 7, 2012
I had an unskippable cutscene trigger during the Eliminator - it was the Hall of Fame one, and early in the round so I'm not sure if I was "in" the game and challengeable etc., but it sure as hell was jarring. Joke's on me for playing the Eliminator in the first place, though.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Congrats on the first place! :dadjoke:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

magimix
Dec 31, 2003

MY FAT WAIFU!!! :love:
She's fetish efficient :3:

Nap Ghost

Black Griffon posted:

The one thing that absolutely ruins my day no matter what is getting Manéo Jung-Espinoza'd when I'm having a nice drive. It's so loving jarring, my god.

I don't get that reference at all, alas. Is it anything to do with barrelling along at 200+ miles an hour, and then you just suddenly come to a halt for no reason? :argh: