Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
lol so many computer things taking the laziest possible action and it results in the bad outcomes.

e: page snipe, huh Dnd and this thread is saying someone interesting died , theres still no GBS thread though for the truest confirmation.

oh somehow missed the sticked thread.

PhazonLink has a new favorite as of 05:27 on Nov 11, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Elephant Ambush posted:

I just checked Steam and Spec Ops The Line is still $30 lmao

If it was like $5 I'd probably buy it and play it just to see how it is for myself but not for $30

I got it for like $2 during a sale

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
https://twitter.com/NickAdamsinUSA/status/1458462260175773696

The left: definitely is perfectly fine with what happened at Astroworld.

https://twitter.com/Get0nTRUMPTrain/status/1458645876130435074

:ironicat:

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Wait, Lowtax died?

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

'tax is dead baby. 'tax is dead.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Elephant Ambush posted:

Wait, Lowtax died?

He has transitioned to Estatetax.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

gently caress yeah Lowtax was basically MLK!

Mangosteen
Loving
Kunt

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
wow real mature, laughing at a dead man just because he got his hand stuck in a can of chili from goldbelly, then stumbled around before slipping down a staircase due to his sweaty feet and landing with his head in a bucket.
I bet you're just yucking it up thinking of poor richard flailing around with a bucket on his head, his hand sopped in chili as he blindly tripped over furniture he paid prostitutes to piss on so his ex wife wouldn't take them, only to expire on a pile of moldy 'city name sports' jerseys

Coolness Averted has a new favorite as of 09:05 on Nov 11, 2021

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

His robo spine went rogue, much like the movie Upgrade

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
"Whose imageboard is this?"
"It's a forum, baby."
"Whose forum is this?"
"It's 'tax's."
"Who's tax?"

Fister Roboto posted:

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Oh no, not Lowtax, how will we go on

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Fister Roboto posted:

The only certainties in life are death, taxes, and 'tax death.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Douche Wolf 89 posted:

litigating a 9 year old game and linking to the softboi sexpest

Spec Ops: the Line this thread

You might need to be more specific

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
No you don't. Spec Opschat is over, talk about dumb tweets.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
This is less "OP is the idiot" and more "The person they are mocking is the idiot" but I wasn't sure whether it should go here or in Memes or Funny pictures.

https://twitter.com/chelseathepope/status/1458603924479352833?s=20

Because holy poo poo at the fake crying that murderous kid did yesterday.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
The person confusing a dog with a Mexican state is an idiot, but in my experience on social media nine times out of ten when someone goes on a rant about how pitbulls are "naturally vicious" and frames it as "just genetics" or "look at the statistics" it's because they're about two tweets away from dropping "13/50".

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

Vib Rib posted:

The person confusing a dog with a Mexican state is an idiot, but in my experience on social media nine times out of ten when someone goes on a rant about how pitbulls are "naturally vicious" and frames it as "just genetics" or "look at the statistics" it's because they're about two tweets away from dropping "13/50".

This is also my experience.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Vib Rib posted:

Before they were used as fight dogs pitbulls were called "nanny dogs" because they would be very protective of children in their family.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
Yeah, honestly children / animals being mauled is an all dog thing, not just pit bulls. They just happen to be the most capable of killing because of their size. That doesn't mean they're more dangerous then a Gulldong, Ovcharka, or that dog that one pet island lady adopted. I hate when people are like "Oh yeah Pitbulls are murderers" They're not any more murderous then any other dog. Like it'd be the same as getting angry when your adopted Finish Spitz chewed through the dry wall while you were away at work. People forget that dogs are not just toy, and many are very protective, or need constant attention.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

Skwirl posted:

Before they were used as fight dogs pitbulls were called "nanny dogs" because they would be very protective of children in their family.

This is not true. They were actually bait dogs, and bred to bait bulls, bears, and other large mammals for hunting sport / maiming.

e: To be clear, I'm not saying all dogs, or all pitbulls are monsters or anything like that. They're larger animals, and need to be socialized and trained properly from birth or you'll have behavior issues, and sometimes those behavior issues manifest in increased aggression. Any dog that's big can probably maim or kill you, because it's a big animal. The same is with like, Cheetahs, or if house cats got that big, cats, or hell, even birds if they got that large. There's a reason most people are told not to start with a giant rear end parrot that'll try it's best to bite off your fingers.

Boba Pearl has a new favorite as of 13:43 on Nov 11, 2021

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Boba Pearl posted:

This is not true. They were actually bait dogs, and bred to bait bulls, bears, and other large mammals for hunting sport / maiming.

e: To be clear, I'm not saying all dogs, or all pitbulls are monsters or anything like that. They're larger animals, and need to be socialized and trained properly from birth or you'll have behavior issues, and sometimes those behavior issues manifest in increased aggression. Any dog that's big can probably maim or kill you, because it's a big animal. The same is with like, Cheetahs, or if house cats got that big, cats, or hell, even birds if they got that large. There's a reason most people are told not to start with a giant rear end parrot that'll try it's best to bite off your fingers.

If you're calling me out on that I'm calling you out on the idea that Cheetahs are the same as a very large house cat. Or that you can keep one as a pet as long as it has proper training.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

People confusing cause and effect again I'm sure.

"Pitbulls are vicious" => pitbull is raised badly or with an expectation of it being vicious => "This pitbull is vicious" => "all pitbulls are vicious"

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Skwirl posted:

If you're calling me out on that I'm calling you out on the idea that Cheetahs are the same as a very large house cat. Or that you can keep one as a pet as long as it has proper training.

Yeah, pitbulls are absolutely just as domesticated as any other dog breed. Dogs just happen to be strong.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
If one kind of badly raised dog can kill a child and one can't, one is more dangerous. Especially because expecting people to be good pet owners is lol. I work at an emergency vet, wanna know how many people let their dogs off leash and they end up run over, attacking someone/thing, or getting attacked or as the owner frantically explains "oh no no, he's very well behaved he never does this"

Yes he does moron, I already know he bolts regularly while you impotently go "no, heel, no, come!"

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Data Graham posted:

People confusing cause and effect again I'm sure.

"Pitbulls are vicious" => pitbull is raised badly or with an expectation of it being vicious => "This pitbull is vicious" => "all pitbulls are vicious"

I've never seen a badly behaved dog where the owner was doing a good job of taking care of the dog

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

If one kind of badly raised dog can kill a child and one can't, one is more dangerous.

Literally all dogs over a certain weight have enough bute strength to seriously injure a child or others, pitbulls are not unique and blaming the dog for owners being irresponsible is just stupid.

If a car hits someone do you blame the car or the driver?

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

Skwirl posted:

They're not, I just meant like, any animal dangerous or safe, if not properly taken care of, will maul the poo poo out of you. Like if you have a tiger or wolf sanctuary right? And you just beat the absolute gently caress out of those things every day, they're going to kill you first chance they get. If you do not beat the gently caress out of those animals, there's less of a chance of them murdering you.

Like no guarantees, but the more you mistreat something the more likely it will kill you.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
What I honestly believe, and this may make me a monster, is that if you want a dog that can seriously hurt or maim someone, you should prove you can be a responsible pet owner before you get one. That means a class and maybe some sort of license. A mistrained dog over say, 40 lbs is dangerous, maybe not as much as a loaded gun, but dangerous enough that you may permanently harm someone if you're not responsible with it.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Boba Pearl posted:

What I honestly believe, and this may make me a monster, is that if you want a dog that can seriously hurt or maim someone, you should prove you can be a responsible pet owner before you get one. That means a class and maybe some sort of license. A mistrained dog over say, 40 lbs is dangerous, maybe not as much as a loaded gun, but dangerous enough that you may permanently harm someone if you're not responsible with it.

The issue is, there's a poo poo ton of dogs and your license process would involve either keeping a lot of dogs in cages for weeks at a time (making them more dangerous, because a less able care taker for a dog is still better than a cage) or killing a bunch of dogs. A gun is an object, dogs are living beings.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Massively more funding for animal control, shelters, and a crackdown on breeders could help. But we can't even get funding to not let humans die on the streets so lol

Better order more tanks the army doesn't want.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Improbable Lobster posted:

Literally all dogs over a certain weight have enough bute strength to seriously injure a child or others, pitbulls are not unique and blaming the dog for owners being irresponsible is just stupid.

If a car hits someone do you blame the car or the driver?

You blame the driver but a big honkin’ SUV is still more dangerous to pedestrians than a Smart Car.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
I mean, we cull and allow people to hunt boar, deer, gators, and other animals that encroach and endanger society. Capybara are hunted in certain countries even though they're cute, adorable, and chill. I'm not sure what makes dogs special that they have a higher right to life than say a possum, deer, bear, or moose? Cats are caught, spayed, neutered and released. Other countries have huge wild dog populations that they handle, sadly, by culling. Pigs are incredibly intelligent, and empathetic even more so than dogs and we not only slaughter them, but keep them in horrific conditions.

A bobcat, lynx, or even wolves cap out at around 50lbs and that's where most pitbulls start.

Would you honestly be comfortable if I kept a domesticated 50lb house cat, Eagle , or some other animal that could kill or permanently maim you?

Boba Pearl has a new favorite as of 14:33 on Nov 11, 2021

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Boba Pearl posted:

Capybara are hunted in certain countries even though they're cute, adorable, and chill.

This isn't pertinent to the discussion whatsoever but capybara are apparently incredibly delicious. I've never had it but friends who grew up in places where it's commonly eaten swear that it's some of the tastiest meat on the planet

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Boba Pearl posted:

I mean, we cull and allow people to hunt boar, deer, gators, and other animals that encroach and endanger society. Capybara are hunted in certain countries even though they're cute, adorable, and chill. I'm not sure what makes dogs special that they have a higher right to life than say a possum, deer, bear, or moose? Cats are caught, spayed, neutered and released. Other countries have huge wild dog populations that they handle, sadly, by culling. Pigs are incredibly intelligent, and empathetic even more so than dogs and we not only slaughter them, but keep them in horrific conditions.

A bobcat, lynx, or even wolves cap out at around 50lbs and that's where most pitbulls start.

Would you honestly be comfortable if I kept a domesticated 50lb house cat, Eagle , or some other animal that could kill or permanently maim you?

I think it's enormously hypocritical to be disgusted by eating dog, but not pig, but there's no way you're selling "dogs aren't special" to the general public.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

I think it's enormously hypocritical to be disgusted by eating dog, but not pig, but there's no way you're selling "dogs aren't special" to the general public.

I mean I'm not the dictator of the universe, (thank god lol,) I just wish people would think about the way we treat animals and imagine dogs in those positions, instead of just thinking of dogs as special exceptions. Especially with Beyond Meat and things like that getting closer and closer to 1:1 imitation, and vegetarian food becoming more and more accessible. Though it probably just seems like I want to execute dogs for the crime of being too cute and precious.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!
People sometimes cross the street when they see me walking along with my staffy. They see the breed and make assumptions. Meanwhile she runs and hides when the window cleaner comes.

The vicious beast in question

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Henchman of Santa posted:

You blame the driver but a big honkin’ SUV is still more dangerous to pedestrians than a Smart Car.

Literally every instance of any given breed of dog attacking a child or anybody else comes down to the owner being a lovely person that taught that dog it was okay to engage in (or actively encouraged) that kind of behavior or they abused the dog until it was too broken to ever act any other way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Henchman of Santa posted:

And so is any other car that size. Dogs can be dangerous but my point is that pitbulls aren't specifically more dangerous than any other dog of the same size.

People need to be responsible for their animals and shouldn't adopt them in the first place if they can't socialize and train them.