Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Guavanaut posted:

https://twitter.com/ArmAndUnionize/status/1458672341907648515

gently caress, him turning to pigpoopballs got me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

This image is literally from Britain First's FB page, by the way.

Deketh
Feb 26, 2006
That's a nice fucking fish

Maximum respect

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

Private Speech posted:

I have a meeting that starts at 10:45.

Curious if we're going to do it.

e: my great-grandda was in the army of Austria-Hungary at the time

trip report: nobody gave a toss or even brought it up, but I was on mute during that time so it counts I guess? Not intentional.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
re kneeling American in front of Union Jack pic:

Don't American Are Brave Boyz supporters and Tories consider 'taking the knee' a bit suss?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
It's silly game of thrones nonsense right up until it isn't.

They're not supposed to admit that it's a sign of respect for anything, because that might make people ask questions.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
https://twitter.com/BareLeft/status/1458772811665883137?t=ph2nqxAdipXRSTY4mOdLtw&s=19

Extremely grubby if true

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Always an interesting phenomenon that the Irish republic gives no shits for Remembrance day, despite 200k Irish (>5% of the total Irish population at the time) volunteering to fight.

Actually the whole phenomenon of shame and secrecy that surrounds the Irish who fought and which remains to the present day is pretty weird in general. Still better than poppyfucking tho

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Guavanaut posted:

FW de Klerk dead too.

Soneone wrote "former leader of SA" in the death note and it decided to do both to be safe

Also wait david wong was a white guy this whole time? Huh. That's my most impactful news of the day

haakman
May 5, 2011
Heaven was too crowded for his poison spine.

Lowtax that is.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Angepain posted:

Soneone wrote "former leader of SA" in the death note and it decided to do both to be safe

Gave me the laugh I needed at this tragic, tragic time.

ReticulatingSpline
Oct 10, 2012

Beefeater1980 posted:

I look at the UK from (post-Xi crackdown) China and laugh and laugh at the description of the UK as “corrupt”, and China is actually pretty good these days compared to the past. There’s still a lot of social fabric to tear up.

I used to work for a Chinese company that for various reasons was applying for licences in the UK to do their thing, and my colleagues were absolutely baffled that local government granted the licenses based on the rules without bribes or threats from connections higher up.

I work for a Chinese owned company now. From experience, to win a project in China you need 2 holdalls full of cash. One for the local CCP official, and one for the guy signing off the project.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/tomhfh/status/1458704761474191360?s=20

I found it quite interesting reading the backlash in the replies to this. It seems like a pretty good insight into the difference between UK and US right wing culture.

All the obvious overtones when someone like him talks about a "demographic crisis" and the family being the most important unit in society are of just no interest to his audience compared to the real nightmare: the notion of scroungers with flat-screen TVs having more kids than they can afford.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe
Rest in piss lowtax.

peanut- posted:

https://twitter.com/tomhfh/status/1458704761474191360?s=20

I found it quite interesting reading the backlash in the replies to this. It seems like a pretty good insight into the difference between UK and US right wing culture.

All the obvious overtones when someone like him talks about a "demographic crisis" and the family being the most important unit in society are of just no interest to his audience compared to the real nightmare: the notion of scroungers with flat-screen TVs having more kids than they can afford.

I love it when the right gently caress up their attempts to import US culture war poo poo and it falls flat. Imagine how thick you'd have to be to think quiverfull poo poo was gonna fly here.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Ah when the British right forget that the general public are on the whole miserable cunts who hate the idea that someone else might be catching a break at their expense .

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

Puntification posted:

Rest in piss lowtax.

I love it when the right gently caress up their attempts to import US culture war poo poo and it falls flat. Imagine how thick you'd have to be to think quiverfull poo poo was gonna fly here.

https://twitter.com/99_hp/status/1458764862167961600?s=20
https://twitter.com/99_hp/status/1458774860033925127?s=20

:discourse:

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

Amazing that a Scot Yoon is supportive of that creepy tax break policy. I can guarantee you that if anyone SNP adjacent floated such an idea they would (rightly) be up in arms around how sinister and ethnically nationalist it was.

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Failed Imagineer posted:

Always an interesting phenomenon that the Irish republic gives no shits for Remembrance day, despite 200k Irish (>5% of the total Irish population at the time) volunteering to fight.

Actually the whole phenomenon of shame and secrecy that surrounds the Irish who fought and which remains to the present day is pretty weird in general. Still better than poppyfucking tho

A Rebellion followed by a Civil War will mess people up for a long time.... and grudges tend to be held and passed on to younger generations, for good or ill.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Failed Imagineer posted:

Just Another Lurker posted:

A Rebellion followed by a Civil War will mess people up for a long time.... and grudges tend to be held and passed on to younger generations, for good or ill.

Most of the Black and Tans were WW1 veterans.
So I can understand why remembering the same peeps that burned down your house a few years later is a bit of a stretch and never caught on.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Lowtax has made it into the Currant Bun lol

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/16704199/who-was-richard-lowtax-kyanka/

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Had the honour of meeting Lowtax once at a charity do. He was unsurprisingly disappointing and very unfunny.

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

gently caress the s*n and also lowtax but I agree with Necrothatcher 100% on this

Necrothatcher posted:

Nah, I wish that fucker was alive so his kids could get some child support. loving coward.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

keep punching joe posted:

Ah when the British right forget that the general public are on the whole miserable cunts who hate the idea that someone else might be catching a break at their expense .
Schrödinger's Britain is simultaneously in immediate danger of demographic collapse and FULL UP SEND THEM BACK

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

haakman posted:

Heaven was too crowded for his poison spine.

Lowtax that is.

Oi.

The domestic abuser isn't the only one with a poison spine.

Ow.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug
Speaking of Schrödinger's Britain

https://news.yahoo.com/conservative-peer-calls-for-special-brexit-au-pair-rule-133519278.html

quote:

A Conservative peer has called on the government to introduce special immigration rules to fix a shortage of au pairs.

Baroness Hodgson of Abinger told the House of Lords that Brexit had meant there was no visa route to bring au pairs to the UK.

Speaking in the House of Lords on Monday, she said the lack of au pairs would affect "hard-working families".

Why wont someone think of the rich..hard-working families?!?!

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Leaving the EU has really limited upper-class access to teenage French girls.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Hard working families need migrant labor to do all the actual hard work.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

It's the economy, stupid.

Seriously, though, this is the sort of mindset that only really mainstreams in a rentier economy based around securing ownership of scarce, high-value assets and then charging people to use them. 'gently caress off, we're full' is the battlecry of a country that's stagnated so long and so hard that it's started to like it.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Had the honour of meeting Lowtax once at a charity do. He was unsurprisingly disappointing and very unfunny.

From the Sun article:

"Another simply wrote: "Had the pleasure of meeting Richard "Lowtax" Kyanka at a charity do once. He was surprisingly down to earth, and VERY funny.""

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

I have to say that Scottish Unionists are a particularly deranged offshoot of the gammon species, and they seem to be getting louder and louder.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
what a weird sun article. did they just see "lowtax" trending on twitter and decide to poo poo out something to ride the trend or something

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Angepain posted:

what a weird sun article. did they just see "lowtax" trending on twitter and decide to poo poo out something to ride the trend or something

This is 95% of journalism now, yes

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

If you'd told me it was written by an AI I would have believed it

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

goddamnedtwisto posted:

I have to say that Scottish Unionists are a particularly deranged offshoot of the gammon species, and they seem to be getting louder and louder.

We can loan you some DUP if you would like? :maga:

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
The tories tried that a few years back. Nobody liked it.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Angepain posted:

When I looked this morning the top hits for "Richard kyanka obituary" came from a Markov chain that said he had died in a skyline accident after a long struggle with Foetal Alcohol Syndrome. So he died as he lived - as an unfunny joke on the Internet.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Do NI unionists also freak out about Gaelic road signs or is that just a :scotland: obsession?

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

Angepain posted:

There is always a mad rush to post something about any internet only persona for the clicks.
Same happened to Reckless a Twitch streamer, two line articles saying he died with nothing of substance.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Angepain posted:

The theory that Lowtax and Lizzy II were the same person is gaining credibility.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
Supporting deselection - something else the Corbmeister was always being accused of but categorically was against and never supported - but is in fact being encouraged by Sir Plankalot.

Zarah Sultana is one of the most pro-active MPs around and would make a great leader even if she does need a bit more experience (didn't stop the Plank becoming LOTO did it having sod all experience!)