Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

LeeMajors posted:

Yeah, but the stepwise proliferation of the alt-right.

Now that makes more sense. Lowtax clamps down on ADTRW, Moot starts 4chan, 4chan starts a /pol/ board, /pol/ board starts the alt-right, alt-right starts a riot on January 6, January 6 shows the world America is capable of the kind of political chaos usually only seen in countries America intervenes in.

So count actual geopolitics as something else Rich "Lowtax" Kyanka screwed up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
I always felt like when Lowtax managed SA if there was a choice to be made, he'd choose the one that would create the most drama. So perhaps it's not surprising that he ended it this way.

General Dog posted:

I thought he blew through the cranial estate

lol

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

as long as we're talking about far right poo poo poster GOP politicians, Madison Cawthron is fleeing NC 11 to primary another GOP politician in NC 13.

I do not understand the motivation here.

FizFashizzle fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Nov 11, 2021

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

General Dog posted:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

FizFashizzle posted:

as far as we're talking about far right poo poo poster GOP politicians, Madison Cawthron is fleeing NC 11 to primary another GOP politician in NC 13.

I do not understand the motivation here.

Did redistricting gently caress him or something?

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

I always felt like when Lowtax managed SA if there was a choice to be made, he'd choose the one that would create the most drama. So perhaps it's not surprising that he ended it this way.

Or the most quick money

Remember when Hillary toxxes looked like they were going to gut the userbase so admins gave them a choice to donate to RAINN instead and lowtax popped up to say nope ban everyone this money is mine

Nov 6, 2002

Intruder posted:

Or the most quick money

Remember when Hillary toxxes looked like they were going to gut the userbase so admins gave them a choice to donate to RAINN instead and lowtax popped up to say nope ban everyone this money is mine

drama = money creation in the form of titles, bans, etc

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Intruder posted:

Or the most quick money

Remember when Hillary toxxes looked like they were going to gut the userbase so mods gave them a choice to donate to RAINN instead and lowtax popped up to say nope ban everyone this money is mine

Not really.

I went to a meet and greet for a potential dem challenger the other night and her campaign manager mentioned that they expect the district to be about R+4 this year, which is very optimistic I feel. Especially in a midterm year when there will be a huge push against Biden. You think he'd walk to victory.

The guy he's challenging is not overtly trumpy, and there was some whispers at one point that Lara Trump might run in that spot but she must not have polled well because that's not happening. I think they're gambling on Madison winning that, being more loyal to trump in the house, and some other warm body winning in WNC. There's rumors that the GOP is going to appoint trump house majority leader if they take it.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Amy Pole Her posted:

I can appreciate the overall sentiment of that is in fact what I was saying. But it wasnt. You even had the additional benefit of the later posts to surmise that’s not what I was saying yet… you seem to care enough to argue.

I changed it from “weakest” to “shittiest” to clarify just incase.

I’d agree with your overall point regarding suicide but it’s somewhat given we all do. It’s the chat thread.

:respek:

I think we get each other. Carry on, and most of all

General Dog posted:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

FizFashizzle posted:

You think he'd walk to victory.

was this intentional

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

FizFashizzle posted:

There's rumors that the GOP is going to appoint trump house majority leader if they take it.

Well at least we'll get something stupidly funny out of this utter embarrassment.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Intruder posted:

was this intentional

;)

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Intruder posted:

Or the most quick money

My one ban is the Hillary toxx, lol. I still ended up donating to RAINN, then got banned anyway.

Anyway that was one of the most annoying things about his ownership. Dude basically sits dormant and does nothing for a long time then comes up out of nowhere to try some dumb idea. Like, no I'm not gonna buy your t-shirt.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Isn't the Toilet Rascal you're sporting the result of giving him money :v:

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

https://twitter.com/MacFarlaneNews/status/1458635844978421762

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Hey, Lowtax killing himself has me saying hi to the thread again for the first time in a while.

Hope everyone is well.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I am absolutely in awe of those dreads

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Intruder posted:

Isn't the Toilet Rascal you're sporting the result of giving him money :v:

I mean, yeah. I got suckered into one of his "if I don't get money the forum dies" thing. That was a bit more... direct. Obviously looking at the funding Jeffrey posts, it was all a lie.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Intruder posted:

I am absolutely in awe of those dreads

https://twitter.com/edsbs/status/1458825769577295874?t=aiZc8kjgyn7Rj7ffQxWa8A&s=19

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

oh hey another chance to jump in before it crashes and burns a second time

https://twitter.com/JasonGuerrasio/status/1458781846339268608

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Intruder posted:

Hell yeah gimme the moviepass

Also this trial is so off the rails lol
https://twitter.com/NickAtNews/status/1458820790007308300

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Pron on VHS posted:

I just found out Amazon is doing a Wheel of Time tv show, that’s interesting. Wish they had chosen The First Law series instead

I’d love to see it but I honestly cannot envision the First Law universe without Steven Pacey, his narration and performances on the audiobooks are so goddamn amazing it’d be tough to adapt to another interpretation of, well, lots of characters, but let’s specify Sand dan Glokta for kicks.

As an aside, I finished the Age of Madness trilogy a little while back and I’m still kinda reeling. Like, I’ve gone through his first trilogy probably 4 times now because I absolutely love it, and I’m not saying I was surprised by the latter trilogy, it was unquestionably pure distilled Abercrombie. But oh man, even for him that ending was bleak. Earned, well developed, perfectly in keeping for the world and his style, and I definitely enjoyed it overall, but it’s going to be a bit before I want to commit to going through the finale again.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

waah posted:

Hey, Lowtax killing himself has me saying hi to the thread again for the first time in a while.

Hope everyone is well.
Welcome back, Panthers are garbage, enjoy your stay :)

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Intruder posted:

I had AMC's A-list all the way from its inception until two months ago because there wasn't anything worth seeing in the theaters. Until movies start coming out again, it's a bad time to start this.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Silly Burrito posted:

I had AMC's A-list all the way from its inception until two months ago because there wasn't anything worth seeing in the theaters. Until movies start coming out again, it's a bad time to start this.

It's actually a great time to start it up because getting a MoviePass going is a pain in the rear end. They can have a huge lead time, charge people, and then collapse before people seeing Thor 4 or whatever wipes out their coffers.

That having been said, even if it's the same price as last time, I'm still playing with house money if I get another year with this.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal

Thaddius the Large posted:

I’d love to see it but I honestly cannot envision the First Law universe without Steven Pacey, his narration and performances on the audiobooks are so goddamn amazing it’d be tough to adapt to another interpretation of, well, lots of characters, but let’s specify Sand dan Glokta for kicks.

As an aside, I finished the Age of Madness trilogy a little while back and I’m still kinda reeling. Like, I’ve gone through his first trilogy probably 4 times now because I absolutely love it, and I’m not saying I was surprised by the latter trilogy, it was unquestionably pure distilled Abercrombie. But oh man, even for him that ending was bleak. Earned, well developed, perfectly in keeping for the world and his style, and I definitely enjoyed it overall, but it’s going to be a bit before I want to commit to going through the finale again.

The vision Rikke has at the end makes me really excited for the next books. Is Glustrod back??

Also I have never heard the audiobooks but have read the first trilogy like 4 times, maybe the next time I’ll give it a listen instead

Pron on VHS fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Nov 11, 2021

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Movie Pass owned for like the first few months that it existed. Every independent movie theater loved it because they'd charge full price for what was considered matinee showings or something. I loved going to independent movies with it.

When it got to the point where it was checking your location and randomly removing high profile movies, then started sending you emails about how it partnered with companies to help pay off your student loans is when it got bad real fast!

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Truthfully I didn’t love the Age of Madness trilogy as much, I like the magic/mythology stuff more than the industrialization of the world that happened, I sorta wish he would freeze the story in time and stop moving forward so quickly. Hope the next books aren’t set in the Information age with Bayaz buying Bitcoin to rebuild Valint and Bank or whatever

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
So the lawyers in this thread when the chudge dismisses the case with prejudice that means Rittenhouse gains lifetime qualified immunity right?

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Spoeank posted:

Hell yeah gimme the moviepass

Also this trial is so off the rails lol
https://twitter.com/NickAtNews/status/1458820790007308300

Lol fascism is just not even hiding itself anymore

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Intruder posted:

i used to watch 2-3 movies a week when movie pass was running. since it cratered ive seen 2 total in theaters. bring that poo poo back

Kalli posted:

Well at least we'll get something stupidly funny out of this utter embarrassment.

its going to be incredible

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Pron on VHS posted:

Truthfully I didn’t love the Age of Madness trilogy as much, I like the magic/mythology stuff more than the industrialization of the world that happened, I sorta wish he would freeze the story in time and stop moving forward so quickly. Hope the next books aren’t set in the Information age with Bayaz buying Bitcoin to rebuild Valint and Bank or whatever

That was also my feel for it, I like how much he flits around with genre/homages (the stand-alone novels are great for this), but overall I enjoyed the fantasy aspect way more. And yeah, the Audible versions are pretty fantastic, I go through a bunch of audiobooks in general and the First Law performance is honestly one of the best I’ve heard. Pacey captures the irony and humor perfectly, you’re as balanced between laughing and dread as you’d hope.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Much like this website's design, Lowtax couldn't grow past the early 00s. Which is fine for a website but not for a person.

Reminds me of my cousin's wedding this past summer where the father of the groom got up during the reception to give a toast...and led off by asking all current & former military and LEOs to stand and be recognized "for making today possible". Utterly loving demented.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
And it looks like the prosecution took the tactic of trying to use Rittenhouse playing call of duty as evidence.

Just clownery everywhere in this trial.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Hmm starting to think the state intentionally sent the worst loving lawyers they could find to work as prosecution for this case.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Somehow I am not banking on any charges sticking to Rittenhouse (either via acquittal or mistrial) so my natural pessimism is girding me from likely disappointment.

opposable thumbs.db
Jan 7, 2008
It's hard to say that it's wrong that my life revolves around my dog when she is cuter and more interesting than me
Pillbug
In happier news, the GoFundMe for LadyAmbien has already surpassed the goal of 30k, it's up to 33.5k already :unsmith:

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Android Apocalypse posted:

Somehow I am not banking on any charges sticking to Rittenhouse (either via acquittal or mistrial) so my natural pessimism is girding me from likely disappointment.

We can hope the civil suit which I assume is coming gets a better judge and bankrupts his family I guess, that's all I've got from what we've seen and heard so far.

Nov 6, 2002

C-Euro posted:

Much like this website's design, Lowtax couldn't grow past the early 00s. Which is fine for a website but not for a person.

Rich finally got the old Error 413, Payload Too Large.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
But if we abolish police who will protect us from violent criminals?

https://twitter.com/danielradosh/status/1458788255323893763?t=V07M_hiJgwDJc9JbgReQEQ&s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

C-Euro posted:

Reminds me of my cousin's wedding this past summer where the father of the groom got up during the reception to give a toast...and led off by asking all current & former military and LEOs to stand and be recognized "for making today possible". Utterly loving demented.

Boomer brain is so god damned deranged and smooth.