Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
If I had an uncontrollable urge to chew on bits of metal I would simply carry a bit of metal on my person for when the urgin kicks in.

Perhaps I could even have it attached to my person as a decorative item for when I’m not chewing. Decorative bits of body metal, I’m sure there’s a business there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Johnny Truant posted:

How the gently caress is this not an open and shut case

Like, the niece screaming at the OP? Get the gently caress out of my house and don't loving come back you dumbshit

curse of the reasonable person

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

If I had an uncontrollable urge to chew on bits of metal I would simply carry a bit of metal on my person for when the urgin kicks in.

Perhaps I could even have it attached to my person as a decorative item for when I’m not chewing. Decorative bits of body metal, I’m sure there’s a business there.

On the two convenient storage points located on your chest? By jove, you've done it again!

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Johnny Truant posted:

How the gently caress is this not an open and shut case

Like, the niece screaming at the OP? Get the gently caress out of my house and don't loving come back you dumbshit

Pica is often a result of developmental disorders and/or early childhood abuse. If it's a legitimate diagnosis and not "dumbass cousin who likes to put other people's stuff in her mouth" it deserves some compassion.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Johnny Truant posted:

That kid probably sucks on asspennies, too.

Dik Hz posted:

I dunno. Both seem like pieces of work. He clearly wants kids and was lying to her about it. He was also raw-dogging his ex.
I mean, it sounds more like dude's pretty caring and above the board about everything. He's trying to be supportive of the Ex and the situation he's in, while also checking in with the then-current partner to make sure they were doing OK.

Aside from reporting back after the scan appointment or being a loving mind reader, not sure what he could have done better.

I'm not convinced he wanted kids, but being faced with that kind of radical situation might push someone to acknowledge the responsibility. I mean, birth control fails.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

I wonder if the different metals evoke different emotions in the chewer

Rose gold tastes of piquant memories of love vignetted sepia, the dusty fading end bite of Chanel no.5

vonnegutt
Aug 7, 2006
Hobocamp.

FilthyImp posted:

I mean, it sounds more like dude's pretty caring and above the board about everything. He's trying to be supportive of the Ex and the situation he's in, while also checking in with the then-current partner to make sure they were doing OK.

Aside from reporting back after the scan appointment or being a loving mind reader, not sure what he could have done better.

I'm not convinced he wanted kids, but being faced with that kind of radical situation might push someone to acknowledge the responsibility. I mean, birth control fails.

The fact that the ex discovered she was pregnant while OP was dating her bf is a little weird to me. Generally people find out they're pregnant within a month or two, so OP's bf was sleeping with his ex as recently as eight weeks ago. That's...a pretty short timeline for a serious relationship to begin with someone else.

It's unclear if the boyfriend was cheating on her with his ex and got the ex pregnant or if their relationship started after he stopped seeing the ex. Either way, the timing is messy. I would be pretty upset if the guy I just started dating was like "ope my ex just found out she's pregnant, gotta go be a dad".

Although, if you just started seeing a guy and he announced that, that's a bullet dodged. Just break up, he's got other things to worry about right now, and your relationship isn't far enough along to commit to co-parenting.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Brawnfire posted:

I wonder if the different metals evoke different emotions in the chewer

Rose gold tastes of piquant memories of love vignetted sepia, the dusty fading end bite of Chanel no.5

might have to consult the expert

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

vonnegutt posted:

The fact that the ex discovered she was pregnant while OP was dating her bf is a little weird to me. Generally people find out they're pregnant within a month or two, so OP's bf was sleeping with his ex as recently as eight weeks ago. That's...a pretty short timeline for a serious relationship to begin with someone else.

It's unclear if the boyfriend was cheating on her with his ex and got the ex pregnant or if their relationship started after he stopped seeing the ex. Either way, the timing is messy. I would be pretty upset if the guy I just started dating was like "ope my ex just found out she's pregnant, gotta go be a dad".

Although, if you just started seeing a guy and he announced that, that's a bullet dodged. Just break up, he's got other things to worry about right now, and your relationship isn't far enough along to commit to co-parenting.

Post says the ex says she was still having her period (not actually, but if someone already had light periods, spotting during early pregnancy can seem like their period), and wasn't showing yet. Some people don't discover they're pregnant until they're a couple months along because of irregular periods (I was almost three months along before I realized I was pregnant with my son because of this), spotting throughout, lack of overt showing (common when they're already overweight), etc. Very rarely it can just go unnoticed until real close to birth, because of a combination of factors.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

vonnegutt posted:

OP said they started dating 3 months ago, and the ex breakup happened April-ish. I'd say the first Trimester finding out you're pregnant if you're not trying isn't crazy.

Though I do agree that going from girlfriend to co-parent is a crazy thing to expect with such a brief relationship.

Also a lot of red flags with her:

I was annoyed as I had planned to ask him to go shopping with me but when I told him this he said we could go a different day because he didn’t want to miss this.

Like I said he has been great and has constantly been checking on me and asking if I’m okay but I keep telling him I’m fine because I don’t want him knowing how angry I am he’s putting his ex first."

vonnegutt
Aug 7, 2006
Hobocamp.

FilthyImp posted:

OP said they started dating 3 months ago, and the ex breakup happened April-ish. I'd say the first Trimester finding out you're pregnant if you're not trying isn't crazy.

Though I do agree that going from girlfriend to co-parent is a crazy thing to expect with such a brief relationship.

Also a lot of red flags with her:

I was annoyed as I had planned to ask him to go shopping with me but when I told him this he said we could go a different day because he didn’t want to miss this.

Like I said he has been great and has constantly been checking on me and asking if I’m okay but I keep telling him I’m fine because I don’t want him knowing how angry I am he’s putting his ex first."

Yeah, that's fair. I must've missed the details about the pregnancy timing. Still, a three-month relationship is not that big of a thing to lose when the circumstances change so drastically.

It's super annoying and immature to do the whole "I'm not mad" pouting thing in any relationship. It seems like her ideal resolution to this situation is for her bf to just be a total deadbeat dad and act like nothing is happening, which is also extremely childish. Lots of red flags there.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

vonnegutt posted:

Yeah that's what got me...regardless of how "caring" he is, he flipped on a dime for his ex & decided to keep a kid when he supposedly didn't want any. That's a BIG decision & OP probably thought he'd either give up his rights or suggest terminating/aborting. When that didn't happen, she was understandably upset at him choosing his ex & future child (again, that he claimed to never want from the start) over her & their life.

He was more excited about the prospect of having a kid with his ex than he was about how his current partner felt, that's pretty hosed up if you ask me. Even funnier that he's trying to throw the whole "I checked on you & you weren't honest" line out there, considering he wasn't honest with her about kids from the start. He obviously was on the fence & rather than admit that, he threw it all on her for not being supportive of his complete 180. Betting he wasn't over the ex at all if he's willing to drop his new girl over his own mistake & then try to act like she was the bigger problem.

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

To boldly be eaten where no grot has been eaten before!
I knew someone who's friend didn't know they were pregnant until they gave birth, had a period the whole time, had an ultrasound because they were putting on weight that didn't spot the baby, and they are a midwife as well. They've got two uteruses because nature decided they needed spare parts in there. But massively professionally embarassing.

It happens.

But good for this guy for ditching the childfree psycho.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Thundercloud posted:

had a period the whole time,
They've got two uteruses

That's probably the only way when you're pregnant, right?

Dik Hz
Feb 22, 2004

Fun with Science

FilthyImp posted:

Who knows, because the story's 4th hand at this point. But men who don't want children are usually quite insistent on establishing paternity before assuming responsibility, especially if they're using birth control.

We've also seen many stories in here about men who lie about not wanting children hoping their partner will change their mind when they're pregnant.

So I'm not giving him a pass.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

That's wild but uh, how does an ultrasound miss a whole baby when your stomach is sticking out past your tits?

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Dazerbeams posted:

That's wild but uh, how does an ultrasound miss a whole baby when your stomach is sticking out past your tits?

some people's stomachs are like that when they're not pregnant

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I know it's the r/relationship, but I don't think the proper response to seeing a guy who's not a deadbeat piece of poo poo is to assume he was obviously lying about not wanting kids.

Dazerbeams posted:

Ultrasounds are highly targeted; you're not just shooting a beam through a person that pings back anything that resembles a fetus. If you're not looking for the fabled double ute, you scan until you find the uterus, and if you found the empty one, you're just gonna get back a "nothing in here" signal.

Plus, assuming the twins math works in reverse, two uteri and one baby means she'd only have been pregnant for 4.5 months which is short enough to skip some flags.

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

lol at people thinking you have to be honor-bound to a childfree existence if you've stated that you're childfree. The prospect of fatherhood burst into his life, he thought about it and discovered he liked it. He can change his mind on things like that without anyone's permission or without it being some thing he willfully hid.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

Dazerbeams posted:

Not everyone is super visibly pregnant even by the point where they're popping the baby out.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Dik Hz posted:

Who knows, because the story's 4th hand at this point. But men who don't want children are usually quite insistent on establishing paternity before assuming responsibility, especially if they're using birth control.
Isn't that what happened?
He agreed to attend the ultrasound, as they were getting the DNA test, for support and not to be a douchebag? Then he gets the results and it's basically 'welp, guess I hosed up child shouldn't pay for it'.

I understand he could have been 100% hands off until the results came back, but I don't think you can fault someone for agreeing to accompany someone to the doctor.

Unless you're the OP I mean.

jazzyhattrick
Jul 1, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Does anybody have a link to the guy who had a cuckold fetish and wanted his fiancee to include some secret message about it in her wedding speech it was something like "berth el pup"? I haven't had any luck on google.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

FilthyImp posted:

Isn't that what happened?
He agreed to attend the ultrasound, as they were getting the DNA test, for support and not to be a douchebag? Then he gets the results and it's basically 'welp, guess I hosed up child shouldn't pay for it'.

I understand he could have been 100% hands off until the results came back, but I don't think you can fault someone for agreeing to accompany someone to the doctor.

Unless you're the OP I mean.

It sounds like his breakup was amicable and due to distance and not that they didn't like each other anymore. So yeah I can see him going for support even before he's on the hook for fatherhood.

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

jazzyhattrick posted:

Does anybody have a link to the guy who had a cuckold fetish and wanted his fiancee to include some secret message about it in her wedding speech it was something like "berth el pup"? I haven't had any luck on google.

Try "berth ell pup"

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

titty_baby_ posted:

Try "berth ell pup"

It's kind of weird that Google's not sophisticated enough to handle this one letter difference.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
The pregnancy situation looks ESH to me. OP doesn't come off well, but it's a lovely position for her to be in. Two people who don't want kids are starting a serious relationship, he finds out he got his ex pregnant and wants to be a father. So they broke up, the end. At the end there were hurt feelings and some petty sniping, but so what? It could have gone on a lot longer with a lot more unnecessary drama.

Batterypowered7 posted:

Reminds me of the one where the OP is of Romani descent and the DM decides he's gonna run a Ravenloft game (maybe it was a module) where the main antagonist (maybe it was everyone) is super racist toward the obvious Roma standins of the setting.
Ravenloft was a module so popular that they expanded it into a whole setting. And yeah, there's a not-Roma ethnic group called the Vistani. Vistani were so different that you couldn't play one, you could only play a half-Vistani. They equated Roma with orcs.

Cowslips Warren posted:

And the other I think I have mentioned, who played EVERY CHAR other than my single one, refused to let me play anyone else, and got mad if I went 'off script.' As in she had already written up everything that she wanted to have happen, and if my char didn't follow, she would force the play to that point until my char eventually followed. My char wants to go to a bar? No, she doesn't feel like that, she wants my char to go on a quest, so she'd say the bar was closed, everything was closed, char HAD to go on this quest.)
Ah, the Frustrated Novelist DM.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Google used to be able to handle it but it's been made deliberately useless for anything other than Pinterest image search and procedurally-generated clickfarm content.

girl pants
Sep 21, 2006
I feel a great disturbance in my pants
berth ell pup.

Here's the OP:

https://twitter.com/redditships/status/1031277875352064000

And the follow-up:

quote:

[Update] My [28f] fiance's [31m] fetish is growing out of control. We talked it through, and made some decisions.

Since then a lot of people have private messaged me with good advice. Some people have insulted my fiance. A couple tried to get themselves involved in my sex life by asking if they could be a bull (what the gently caress?). I took the advice to heart and had a talk with my fiance.

Here's what happened:

The hotwifing/cuckold fetish stuff continued on as I expected. He continuously kept pushing new ideas about how I can humiliate him at our wedding. First he asked if we could get married with my boyfriend's semen inside of me, and I said no. Somewhere between his suggestion that my vows to him involve talking about how useless and pathetic of a man he is, and his other suggestion about me wearing an "I <3 BBC" anklet (he goes crazy when I talk about my black exes although I'm not sure how I feel about him fetishizing a race), I interrupted him and told him it wasn't working for me. I basically poured out all of my feelings about how his attitude is ruining my wedding.

After a lot of talking, some yelling, and an unhealthy dose of self-deprecation from him, we've come to an understanding that I want to please him, but don't want to make it public. So, where possible, we're working in a few things that he wants to do, but they're very small and limited. It makes him so happy when I agree to an idea so I can't help doing something. Instead of writing "prep the bull" at the end of our highlight video, we're going to write berth ell pup, which is an anagram of it. If asked we'll just say it means "I love you" in Old Norse. I won't wear a visible anklet, but I'll wear panties with a similar message on them (with another white pair on top). As for having sex with my boyfriend before the wedding in the makeup room, I told him that definitely crosses the line and the answer will still be no.

We have started couples counseling with a therapist who is qualified as a sex therapist as well. We all acknowledged that my fiance has a serious problem, although the therapist said that indulging in his desires from time to time is not terribly harmful in this sort of case. She gave us indispensable advice about instead of focusing on what I refuse to do, focus on a line of what we can do, making clear rules. He should respect those rules by not even suggesting something which bends them. My rules are if it's safe, painless, and private, I'll happily consider it.

Things are going better now although there was one hiccup of him getting turned on during the therapist's meeting and later admitting in private that he was playing with himself in the bathroom (apparently when the two of us were discussing how he was being selfish it set him off?). I was too confused to know what to say, but shaming him for having sexual desires doesn't seem right either. I don't know if I want to bring this up in our next session.

tl;dr: Drew some lines with my fiance, and things are going better! We're in therapy now. Thank you for your great advice.

iirc there's a third update where they broke up because he kept jerking off at the therapist's office but I can't find it. Sorry about that.

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

girl pants posted:

berth ell pup.

Here's the OP:

https://twitter.com/redditships/status/1031277875352064000

And the follow-up:

iirc there's a third update where they broke up because he kept jerking off at the therapist's office but I can't find it. Sorry about that.

Written one handed

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Dazerbeams posted:

Like ten years ago, I remember there was a show called "I Didn't Know I Was Pregnant" and the common theme among the ladies (Other than not knowing they were pregnant) was that they were fat. :shrug:

Also every story was basically "I had gas so horrible I knew I shouldn't trust the fart so I went to the bathroom and when I stood up, there was a BABY!"

elise the great
May 1, 2012

You do not have to be good. You only have to let the soft animal of your body love what it loves.

“some commenter” posted:

Can't wait til someone Googles [berth ell pup] on their phone at the reception and gets led here.

“Bertha L. Pupp” posted:

Oh my god you're right.

I told him this ten minutes ago. He knows that I reddit (he's a redditor too), and when I brought this up in the first place I told him that I asked reddit for advice and showed him the original thread. It's the main reason why we ended up going to therapy in the first place. He was actually the one who suggested that I update you all on the situation.

After I told him that someone could just Google berth ell pup and find the phrase in this thread, he looked me in the eye and said "That's so loving hot."

When he goes to work I'm leaving. He'll find this post eventually but I don't care. I need a few days to cool off and reconsider my options. He's ill. He needs serious help and I think I'm going to call his brother to tell him (without specifics). I texted my aunt already and she'll be here to pick me up with a moment's notice.

Admiralty Flag
Jun 7, 2007

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

kimbo305 posted:

It's kind of weird that Google's not sophisticated enough to handle this one letter difference.

Google's not optimized to handle Old Norse

Pondex
Jul 8, 2014

Is there a shorter name for letting your fetishes turn you into a complete shithead? It seems to happen pretty often.

There was an old Savage Love where the husband had a kink for being a hidden voyeur. So after the wife indulged him once he started creeping around the house and jerking off constantly. He even came home on his lunchbreak without telling her iirc.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
I [18m] had a Friends with Benefits arrangement with a friend [39f] of my mother's, I feel bad because she is also messing with other guys in front of me.

quote:

I'll keep my post short and simple and only include important details, if you guys have questions just ask me and I will reply when I can.

She and I share a close relationship and I trust her with everything. My mother is actually happy that we get along and have a close bond (she has no clue about the FWB part though).

She treats me good and she taught me a lot in and out of the bedroom. I love being with her and I honestly think I am falling in love with this woman (yeah I know I sound cringey). Honestly we both had a play in how this started after flirting a bunch with each other.

We honestly are a good match and if we didn't have this huge age gap we would probably be officially dating right now. For now, we hang out a lot, I usually come over and we have some fun together, watch movies, talk, etc. She only takes me out for dinner out of town because a lot of people know her and my mother around town.

She is a jealous woman. She hates if another girl even looks my way or tries to talk to me; she wants to be the only one and has told me on some occasions I am hers. My problem is that when we are out like with my mother all 3 of us, she flirts with other men and hits on guys a lot.

Yeah I know we aren't officially dating and she can do what she wants, but it kind of hurts watching her go flirt with other men and I don't know if she is doing it to mess with me or what. First off, do you guys think I'm overreacting? And why would she do this while not letting me even get close with other girls?

Tl:Dr I have a FWB situation with my mother's close friend, everything is great but I don't like how she blatantly hits on other guys in front of me like if she is trying to get me jealous or something

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

Not excited about this reboot of the Graduate, tbh

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Pondex posted:

Is there a shorter name for letting your fetishes turn you into a complete shithead? It seems to happen pretty often.
I have a friend whose ex-girlfriend was an Adult Baby. Thing went south fast when she started using her Baby Voice at inappropriate times and places, and that was only the tip of the iceberg.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Lone Goat posted:

some people's stomachs are like that when they're not pregnant
Fat man goon here and I qualify for this and I'm not pregnant, why I don't even have a uterus!

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Halloween Jack posted:

Ravenloft was a module so popular that they expanded it into a whole setting. And yeah, there's a not-Roma ethnic group called the Vistani. Vistani were so different that you couldn't play one, you could only play a half-Vistani. They equated Roma with orcs.

Ah, the Frustrated Novelist DM.

I have met a lot of people who literally didnt know the Roma are not a fantasy Disney cartoon creation and that g*psy is a racial slur. It's uh. Pretty odd. Some of them got real weird about it when I pointed it out too like "everyone knows they're a fantasy staple! How could you say I'm being racist?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fruits of the sea
Dec 1, 2010

Xun posted:

I have met a lot of people who literally didnt know the Roma are not a fantasy Disney cartoon creation and that g*psy is a racial slur. It's uh. Pretty odd. Some of them got real weird about it when I pointed it out too like "everyone knows they're a fantasy staple! How could you say I'm being racist?"

A lot of North Americans don't even know that the Roma ethnicity is a thing so its understandable, but ignorant. The flipside of that is that racism against Roma is really widespread in Europe, probably moreso even than anti-muslim sentiment. The irony is that Europeans are pretty bad at identifying Roma and tend to confuse random unlucky homeless people with them. They've been making this mistake for centuries. If you read about a "gypsy encampment" in a history book, there's a good chance it was just where the city's poorest lived.