Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
I'm kinda off the Jalen Hurts bandwagon, not gonna drop him but will start Carr over him this week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

I can’t wait to see the diva stand off between Rodgers and Beckham

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Edit: wrong thread

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

Dalvin will play the rest of the year. Watson is still in the league and not on the exempt list.

Anything that happens to Dalvin will be in the offseason.

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

I have a trade request pending AP for Cousins and Ty Johnsons? It might not be terrible because god knows if Bakers gonna be around and good and Carson is going to play against some good teams soonish.

axelord
Dec 28, 2012

College Slice

Spermy Smurf posted:

Dalvin will play the rest of the year. Watson is still in the league and not on the exempt list.

Maybe, you saw the texts and pictures?

If this gets picked up by the media things can change fast

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Watson doesn’t have any criminal charges pending, right? I think that’s the only reason he isn’t on the exempt list.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

LionYeti posted:

I have a trade request pending AP for Cousins and Ty Johnsons? It might not be terrible because god knows if Bakers gonna be around and good and Carson is going to play against some good teams soonish.

Everyone involved in that trade is trash and should hopefully never be started :shrug:

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Gotta love every single comment in the Sleeper app calling the woman a slut/whore/hoe and how Cook is completely blame free.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Spermy Smurf posted:

Normally I’d agree but the photos and texts are really bad!

If anyone else comes forward or if there’s video I think he will be done.

E: also screw Schefter and his lovely reportinng

Bellmaker fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Nov 10, 2021

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

dkj posted:

Watson doesn’t have any criminal charges pending, right? I think that’s the only reason he isn’t on the exempt list.

That's the line the league is putting through reporters however the league has ignored that standard before. The FBI is apparently looking at Watson because he brought victims across state lines.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

Bellmaker posted:

Normally I’d agree but the photos and texts are really bad!

If anyone else comes forward or if there’s video I think he will be done.

There's video of his girlfriend yanking his hair and threatening to get her gun and shoot him too.

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006

Spermy Smurf posted:

There's video of his girlfriend yanking his hair and threatening to get her gun and shoot him too.

I'm sure the league will be handing down a suspension for the girlfriend too.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
I'm a fantasy newbie and could use some help with my team. It's a 12 team PPR superflex dynasty league. I have Prescott and Stafford but don't have a backup should one of them go down. I got offered Mac Jones and a 2nd round pick for Javonte Williams. My team is 2-7 and I have nothing to play for this year, so the trade would mostly be to keep me from worrying about a QB for a few years.

My gut is telling me to not trade Williams even though it would fill a big hole for me. My other RBs are Barkley, Gaskin, Pollard, Herbert, and Freeman, so I think I can get by for now if I made the trade. Is that a trade I should make, or would I be better off keeping Williams and trying to draft a QB next year?

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Jingleheimer posted:

I'm a fantasy newbie and could use some help with my team. It's a 12 team PPR superflex dynasty league. I have Prescott and Stafford but don't have a backup should one of them go down. I got offered Mac Jones and a 2nd round pick for Javonte Williams. My team is 2-7 and I have nothing to play for this year, so the trade would mostly be to keep me from worrying about a QB for a few years.

My gut is telling me to not trade Williams even though it would fill a big hole for me. My other RBs are Barkley, Gaskin, Pollard, Herbert, and Freeman, so I think I can get by for now if I made the trade. Is that a trade I should make, or would I be better off keeping Williams and trying to draft a QB next year?

Your RBs suck more than your QBs, and Javonte looks like he'll be a stud and Mac Jones hasn't really lit it up. I don't think that's very good value in a vacuum. If one of your QBs goes down in a year you're actually competing, then you can look to buy one at dubious value, but there's no reason to do that now.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Jingleheimer posted:

I'm new to dynasty too and just joined a superflex dynasty league this year so I'm debating how I would handle it if were me since I'm in such a similar situation. Its a tough decision. Your RBs are not stellar so if it were me, who hates not having RBs, I would prefer to hold on to Javonte who will probably be the clear cut starter in Denver next year (and thus a stud fantasy RB) and would plan on trying to nab a QB with my first next year, which, at 2-7 you would likely/hopefully be in position to do. On the other hand, the QB class for next year is not looking stellar and Mac Jones is looking like he might be a legit NFL starter, so you could conceivably do the trade then hope to get a replacement RB with your high pick next year.

In conclusion - I'm not really sure because I feel like its a decent/reasonable offer but you have to pick your poison. If you could somehow haggle to get a 1st and MacJ it would be a slam dunk, like if you could give a 3rd back to have your trade partner upgrade their 2nd to a 1st or something like that.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

Ayudo posted:

I'm sure the league will be handing down a suspension for the girlfriend too.

If the NFL suspends the victim it won't happen till the off-season. It isn't as cut and dry as "Bad media equals suspension" so the whole thing will go into the off-season when the court cases happen.

If Watson and others don't get suspended then in a normal world Dalvin won't either.

I will bet you a $20 pizza from your local shop versus $20 from mine that nothing happens during this season.

Edit: it's a civil suit, that's the junior varsity of being hosed by the courts.

Spermy Smurf fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Nov 11, 2021

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

So I'm also new to dynasty so here's my half cent:

Don't give up Javonte if you have any faith he'll end up the stud back in Denver. Melvin Gordon's contract is up after this year and it's unlikely they sign someone else to compete after trading up for Javonte. They might draft or sign a back up but he will likely be the clear cut starter. With that said, you need to look at him as an asset that gets more valuable over time. So you can't sell for a piddly amount. You are already losing-if you lose more nothing happens except your picks become more valuable. There is no rush! Shop around, negotiate. But ask for MORE. Since you're losing, I think you can wait a while to acquire a backup QB.

For reference, Jonathan Taylor, 22, is worth at minimum 2 firsts and a good player (I myself offered two 2022 firsts, one high and one low, + Fields for Taylor to a QB-needy team. And that might not be enough). That COULD be Javonte next year. Now, that might not be the case because things can change but even right now I'd say he's worth at least a first and a player. Anyway my point is think about the potential future value of your pick since you aren't in a rush to close any deal - the guy trying to trade you is. Shop around and smell the roses while you're at it.

e: I'm a homer about many things but I think Javonte is the real deal. He runs like a mad man.

3 DONG HORSE fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Nov 11, 2021

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Jingleheimer posted:

If you are 2-7, there is no point in getting a third QB and a second rounder in a superflex dynasty for an appreciating asset. Hang onto Javonte, his value will only increase from here.

freeman
Aug 14, 2018
I don't play dynasty but I imagine I'd feel pretty awful if Javonte went off for the next 3-4 years after that trade.

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a little bit taller
I wish I was a baller
I wish I had a wookie in a hat with a bat
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost

I’m gonna go ahead and reiterate what other folks have already said: I’d hold on to JW.

Barkley, too. Maybe look at some other dudes you can put on the trade block for 2nd and 3rd rounders. Create some opportunity to grab dudes in the draft you think may be hits down the line, or use them to trade up for higher picks.

If you get an offer of like three 1sts for Williams or Barkley, smash, but otherwise.. I’d hold.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

generic one posted:

I’m gonna go ahead and reiterate what other folks have already said: I’d hold on to JW.

Barkley, too. Maybe look at some other dudes you can put on the trade block for 2nd and 3rd rounders. Create some opportunity to grab dudes in the draft you think may be hits down the line, or use them to trade up for higher picks.

If you get an offer of like three 1sts for Williams or Barkley, smash, but otherwise.. I’d hold.

Thanks everyone for the advice. That's pretty much what I was leaning towards. I did made a dumb trade earlier in the season and swapped first round picks with someone, so my first pick is likely going to be mid round rather than top 3. I'll stand pat this year and see how I start off next year. If I start off poorly again I'll be in a good position to load up on 2023 picks with hopefully a better draft class.

Scruffy the janitor
Dec 31, 2007

A greater tragedy my eyes have never beheld
Betting pizzas on domestic violence to own the fantasy football thread

Tyree
Sep 11, 2003

STRETCH

STRETCH

STRETCH
I would really like the Cardinals to just put Edmonds on IR already.

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Have to make a painful decision between Gaskin and Hopkins in a league. Why do my players get injuries it’s not fair

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!
Cam back to the Panthers? I’m playing chicken with my leaguemates because I just know somebody is gonna pick him up for funsies, just a matter of who.

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

Scam Newton does it again

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

With Cam back CMC will go off again

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

My backup QB in 20-team league is Tua and even I'm not interested in Cam. He is beyond washed.

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007
Cam is almost certainly irrelevant as a fantasy starter. However he also doesn't help DJ Moore be relevant either.
CMC will, of course, be great.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

OBJ to the Rams :laffo:

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Beckham just loving it up for everyone

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
"Guess I'll go gently caress myself then" - Robert Woods right now.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Didn't know the Rams wanted their locker room to be hosed.

It's a great move for them, then

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug
I'm feeling Philadelphia Eagles Dream Team vibes with the Rams

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009
With ODB taking targets away, should I drop Tyler Higbee for Dan Arnold or Jared Cook?

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735
Anybody have a crappy WR stream they like this week? Someone in the DPJ, Callaway, Agnew sort of tier. Standard scoring.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

The X-man cometh posted:

With ODB taking targets away, should I drop Tyler Higbee for Dan Arnold or Jared Cook?

I grabbed Arnold and chose to start him ahead of Higbee even before this news broke. Haven't dropped Higbee but this league has stupid big benches so...yeah.

I had hopes but I just don't see upside for him at this point. He's just kinda...not good.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Popero posted:

Anybody have a crappy WR stream they like this week? Someone in the DPJ, Callaway, Agnew sort of tier. Standard scoring.

Probably Agnew. Hasn't he been pretty productive over the last few weeks? I guess if you take away PPR it's a little less.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

The X-man cometh posted:

Odell Deckham Bunior?