Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
i boned 2 hot goonettes over the years thanks to this website, thank you richard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loden Taylor
Aug 11, 2003

Goodbye Lowtax. Thank you for the website. You were clever and funny for a while but holy gently caress I wish for everyone's sake you had been a better person.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

loving love Fiona Apple posted:

Lowtax created something I like but also was a piece of poo poo so I acknowledge him.

Pretty much.

Skigaro
Nov 11, 2021
Somewhere, Cliff Bleszinski is inconsolable.

I've been out of touch with anything SA related for a while now and randomly got a message from an old friend telling me about what happened. I had no idea he'd been such a trainwreck or was so vilified here, even if some of it is deserved, and really it doesn't matter to me. Whenever I feel nostalgic about the late 90s and early 00s, particularly the lawless land of the internet at that time, SA and the community here is a big part of what made it memorable.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

So what happens next? Do we all get entombed alive with Lowtax, so we can give him 10bux avy purchases in the afterlife?

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

ImpAtom posted:

Lowtax had a lot of issues but nobody deserves to be in a place where they take their own life. It isn't funny to think of even an assholes being so deeply mired in despair they reach that point.

You don't have to glorify someone but some of the jokes being made are all kinds of foul.

hey if i squander the laziest cash cow in history while beating my wives like rented mules, you can talk as much poo poo about my death as your heart desires

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
if you think about it, this threads a lot like mount rushmore.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

A Pinball Wizard posted:

Sorry I'm a little out of the loop, th'what now?

Lowtax posted about needing money for a surgery for his back. It turned out he lied about it. We donated tens of thousands of dollars to him for his medical bills that turned out to not be real.

pagluy
Jul 29, 2005
axed
Huh

Foul Ole Ron
Jan 6, 2005

All of you, please don't rush, everyone do the Guybrush!
Fun Shoe

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

nothing is sacred and lowtax believed that too

I am just surprised a new "Tribute" to Lowtax has not been posted yet.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

A Pinball Wizard posted:

Dude killed himself to spite his ex-wife and child. You can stop white knighting.

Yes and that is lovely. That doesn't make someone taking their own life not an act of some one who needed help, not a bullet. i can acknowledge A and still feel bad about B.

The Aphasian
Mar 8, 2007

Psychotropic Hops

ive really enjoyed sa
thanks rich
but you were also a monster
so enjoy oblivion you dick

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

ImpAtom posted:

Yes and that is lovely. That doesn't make someone taking their own life not an act of some one who needed help, not a bullet. i can acknowledge A and still feel bad about B.

if you really felt bad for Lowtax you would mock him in a funny way. it's what he would have wanted

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

I said come in! posted:

Lowtax posted about needing money for a surgery for his back. It turned out he lied about it. We donated tens of thousands of dollars to him for his medical bills that turned out to not be real.

Also out of the loop, but I've seen it crop up. How did he get found out?

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Das Boo posted:

He lived in a mcmansion and was leasing an expensive sports car lmao

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

Aardvark! posted:

if you think about it, this threads a lot like mount rushmore.

The Arreat Summit

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

I don't usually revel in the death of another human, I find it distasteful.

But gently caress he made it hard not to. I feel bad for his family, GFM time.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

BULBASAUR posted:

The Arreat Summit

does that make lowtax Marius?

Flyin Jim Elbows
Jul 10, 2008

College Slice
RIP, thanks for making all this dumb stuff

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

smoobles posted:

So what happens next? Do we all get entombed alive with Lowtax, so we can give him 10bux avy purchases in the afterlife?

I believe that was part of the TOS, yes. He spent all his money though so there may not a grand tomb after all.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
RICHARD'S DEAD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpWJm2iB18M

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Das Boo posted:

His exes calling him out, and public records from all of the court cases he was involved in. Lowtax was a scam artist, liar, and abuser. I dont care that he killed himself. The world is a better place now. The family he left behind needs money but that is being taken care of thankfully.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

HonorableTB posted:

does that make lowtax Marius?

SA is the worldstone

Burns
May 10, 2008

Rich mustve really gotten boned by the court for this to have gone down. I am curious about the judgment that was handed down.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Wizard Master posted:

What do you think his last thoughts were

someone notify... Leonard "J." Crabs*BANG*

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

FilthyImp posted:

Eagerly waiting for Vice to post that he was the "Kurt Cobain of the Internet Generation"
they already posted a dumbass piece claiming we invented doxxing and neo nazis

Hasturtium
May 19, 2020

And that year, for his birthday, he got six pink ping pong balls in a little pink backpack.
From clever internet misanthrope to a grifting abuser who couldn't rise to the challenges in his life, Lowtax died as he lived: hurting the women around him, any way he could.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

Burns posted:

Rich mustve really gotten boned by the court for this to have gone down. I am curious about the judgment that was handed down.

The judge decided Rich willfully squandered the marital estate to the tune of hundreds of thousands of dollars to get out of paying the right amount of owed child support and alimony, then handed down a gently caress-you amount of support he had to pay like $95,000 up front and $3500/month for two years or something.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Burns posted:

He apparently owed $95,000, plus $3500 a month for the next two years. He boned himself though. Fucker had only himself to blame for his horrible choices.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

ImpAtom posted:

As I posted earlier, I tried to off myself back in the day and I'm still fuming loving mad at old me for trying to kill new me. I got help and am better. Lowtax didn't, it's unfortunate.

Pee pee poo poo.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

they already posted a dumbass piece claiming we invented doxxing and neo nazis

We did spawn kiwifarms and 4chan, so story checks out.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
:rip:
rest in peace Lowtax. i regret that you will never have the opportunity to turn yourself around

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Burns posted:

Somebody last night said he owed like 92k lump sum plus 3.5k a month over a certain period of time. So yeah if true that’s quite a smack down for a guy deep throating summer sausage for 5 bucks on stream.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

A Pinball Wizard posted:

Dude killed himself to spite his ex-wife and child. You can stop white knighting.
Did you ever get that cheese i sent you

L.H.O.O.Q.
Jan 3, 2013

:coal:
Well he got the best 7 odd quid I’ve ever spent. gently caress that guy but I’m glad he somehow made SA in spite of himself. Also glad he got run out and let it go.

Rest in piss lowtax

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

The General posted:

We did spawn kiwifarms and 4chan, so story checks out.
lol at the idea that offsites started to propagate things that were banned here are SA's fault

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

Literally A Person posted:

I mean what kind of goon doesn't post in this thread?????

Ugh, FINE.

Peer pressure wins again.

Bobson Dugnutt
Jan 1, 2020

https://getindianews.com/is-richard-lowtax-kyanka-dead-or-alive-social-media-death-hoax-explained/

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Rutibex posted:

:rip:
rest in peace Lowtax. i regret that you will never have the opportunity to turn yourself around

Meh, he had plenty of chances, the SA forums defended and supported him through all of them too up until the site was sold. He took advantage of us and lied about what was going on too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

lol at the idea that offsites started to propagate things that were banned here are SA's fault

It's SA's "fault" in a butterfly effect causality kinda way I guess

https://twitter.com/synoisia/status/1458632558753853447