Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Andoman
Nov 7, 2021

Mae hen wlad fy nhadau yn annwyl i mi
Is anyone else feeling that with all these international breaks the PL is kind of becoming a domestic break from the internationals or is it just me?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

There sure seems to be a lot of them at least

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011

sebzilla posted:

This seems like it could be a useful image to store away for a rainy day

https://twitter.com/FollowMeltdowns/status/1458843973255155713

The return of "get in the bin"

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

sebzilla posted:

This seems like it could be a useful image to store away for a rainy day

https://twitter.com/FollowMeltdowns/status/1458843973255155713

New trp background

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

Andoman posted:

Is anyone else feeling that with all these international breaks the PL is kind of becoming a domestic break from the internationals or is it just me?

This made me google and realise it's ANOTHER loving international break I swear to christ

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

the sex ghost posted:

This made me google and realise it's ANOTHER loving international break I swear to christ

yuuuuuuuup, it's awful

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Just wait till the world cup is every two years!

Simiain
Dec 13, 2005

"BAM! The ole fork in the eye!!"
International breaks dont just ruin my weekend, they also gently caress up my drive to work the week before and after cos all the podcasts I listen to talk about England vs Albania or Wales vs Azerbaijan or whateverthefuck.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Weaponized Cum posted:

BREAKING: Premier League doing a minute's silence due to Lowtax's death. More to come.

rip lowtax, you would have loved watching chelsea get beat

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Is there more international breaks this year or no? Who’s got the advanced stats

Andoman
Nov 7, 2021

Lampard in talks with Norwich - could be an interesting move

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Simiain posted:

International breaks dont just ruin my weekend, they also gently caress up my drive to work the week before and after cos all the podcasts I listen to talk about England vs Albania or Wales vs Azerbaijan or whateverthefuck.

heck, same

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Bape Culture posted:

Is there more international breaks this year or no? Who’s got the advanced stats

Not this year, no, but this completely pointless third break this early in the season feels like a deliberate conspiracy to throw the league toward teams that can rotate all 11 players every other game:

I can hear Michail Antonio's hamstrings crying from here

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/utdreport/status/1458840249015189514

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
I don't believe De Bruyne said '#mufc'

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
New prem fixtures just dropped

quote:

The Premier League 2022/23 season dates have been confirmed.

The season has been adjusted to accommodate the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022, which will take place in the middle of the domestic calendar.

The Premier League season will start on 6 August 2022.

Match round 16 will be the last set of matches played over the weekend of 12-13 November ahead of the call-up period for the tournament beginning on Monday 14 November.

The League will resume on Boxing Day following the FIFA World Cup Final, which takes place on Sunday 18 December 2022.

The final match round of the campaign will be played on 28 May 2023, when all games will kick off simultaneously as usual.

1) Boxing day fixtures confirmed :getin:

2) I hope the football league ignores this and carries on with their usual murderous winter schedule. Want Rotherham v Cardiff directly competing with the world cup final

3) lol the loving winter world cup

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Lmao the players are going to be loving dead.

gently caress FIFA so loving badly

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Really excited for players to tiptoe through November to avoid injury.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

sebzilla posted:

Really excited for players to fake injuries before November to avoid going

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!
It'll create a real chance for an enterprising midtable club I say...

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Just keep all the cups and champions league games on the same schedule. Don't let any teams withdraw or play u23 sides. No expanded squad sizes. I want to see 7 games a week. I want back to back matches on the same day. Just loving grind these players into dust

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012
I still maintain there should be "Twitch Football" for those times you just need a game. Trial it with League One or Two or something. Once enough viewers are watching, or enough people send a football or poggers emoji the match kicks off.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

the sex ghost posted:

Just keep all the cups and champions league games on the same schedule. Don't let any teams withdraw or play u23 sides. No expanded squad sizes. I want to see 7 games a week. I want back to back matches on the same day. Just loving grind these players into dust

Rugby does this for its international series.

Clubs still have to play their usual schedule they just cant use any of the players called up. So gives a chance for some of the younger players to have a shot

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Mrenda posted:

I still maintain there should be "Twitch Football" for those times you just need a game. Trial it with League One or Two or something. Once enough viewers are watching, or enough people send a football or poggers emoji the match kicks off.

There must be enough football in enough countries around the world that a 24/7 football channel would be possible.

Just cut straight from one game to the next forever.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

sebzilla posted:

There must be enough football in enough countries around the world that a 24/7 football channel would be possible.

Legitimately sounds like a vision of hell to me.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

Following an EPL team, and a local side here in North America (Forge FC), along with the national team (Canada) near on guarantees non-stop football all throughout the year. Peaking around this time where I can end up watching an absolute ridiculous amount of football in a week.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

sebzilla posted:

I'm pretty sure Bet365 had something similar on their website, for people who need to bet on something at 4am and the Nepali Third Division is as good as any

Whether that's a good thing or a dystopic portrait of yet another new hell, who can say

Andoman
Nov 7, 2021

FullLeatherJacket posted:

Whether that's a good thing or a dystopic portrait of yet another new hell, who can say

I think we know the answer to that

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012

I'm pretty sure Bet365 had something similar on their website, for people who need to bet on something at 4am and the Nepali Third Division is as good as any

They do but the last time I looked the player was shite. At least it was with horse racing. It meant you were only on a minimal delay for your bets but the resolution was terrible.

psyer
Mar 26, 2013
https://twitter.com/SkySportsNews/status/1459260118932066311

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Lampard turned down the job because he's too scared of having to play Bielsa.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

That feels like it would be setting some sort of record between a manager getting sacked from the prem and returning but I’m almost certainly wrong.

EC10
Jan 17, 2005

We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like NIN---PO!

coming from someone who bets basically every match they watch (and many they dont), it's a little bit of both

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

EC10 posted:

coming from someone who bets basically every match they watch (and many they dont), it's a little bit of both

Get help.

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician
you mean like an assistant to bet for him while he's asleep?

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

EC10 posted:

what the gently caress

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Remember everyone when the fun stops stop

If you still think it's fun then by all means carry on

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

tetsuo posted:

you mean like an assistant to bet for him while he's asleep?

No.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
ban gambling inshallah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

the sex ghost posted:

Remember everyone when the fun stops stop

If you still think it's fun then by all means carry on

A betting company slogan is not sound advice for anyone to live by, especially addicts.