Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Seltzer posted:

So the Skyrim "remaster" doesnt do anything but add fishing? lol
The patch for Special Edition adds a fishing mod and makes three of the Creation Club mods free. The Anniversary Edition is basically a bundle of all the Creation Club poo poo with adjustments so they don't deluge you with a torrent of "mod installed, here's where the stuff is!" messages the moment the game starts. One of the two adds 4k60 on Series.

Game Pass Ultimate gets a 10 hour trial of the Early Access to BF2042 tomorrow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
60 fps is already on series and I think 4 k too with a mod... So I'm not seeing the point?

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
There is no point. It's an anniversary edition of Skyrim. Hth

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Seltzer posted:

So I'm not seeing the point?

Welcome to the wonderful world of skyrim rereleases.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
Cool, I was just reading that San Andreas feels exactly the same and all the aiming driving etc feels like rear end still so the game is basically GTA with a pixar filter. Epic day for remakes

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Apparently it also adds 120HZ on the Series X and they just didn’t tell anyone. You have to turn FPS Boost off.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

lmao Bethesda stays winning

Belan
May 7, 2007
If it's FPS boost that is causing problems then it's Microsoft's fault this time.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Belan posted:

If it's FPS boost that is causing problems then it's Microsoft's fault this time.
I've got news for you brother.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Nobody tell them

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

All the extra quests with the anniversary bundle seem really cool. Can’t wait to do the Oblivion gate one

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
I declare myself the stupidest person of the forums for not recognizing Samuel L. Jackson's voice in San Andreas.

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

San Andreas still feels and looks like crap, but the checkpoints and autosaves are lifechanging.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Oh that's good to hear, a lack of checkpoints is what made me stop playing back then. Nothing but frustration, so if that's 'fixed' I might try it out again but probably I won't because it's old and ugly.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Started the new GTAIII. It's the same game I know by heart. I don't even have to look at the map for missions because I already know where to go, though it's awesome that there's a GPS route on the map like in GTAV. Right stick aiming and the weapon/radio wheels are rad too. All the dialogue sounds the same too, and so does my favorite radio station (Rise FM), so that wasn't re-recorded for this.

beggar posted:

GTA:SA is so drat dark on my display, I have the in game settings cranked and everything is still so dark. Might have to futz with some HDR or tv settings to get it looking right.

They have fidelity and performance mode, fidelity really doesn't do much imo so gotta take the frames on this one
I'm having the same issue :( There's a brightness slider in the options menu that I turned all the way up, but that didn't seem to make a difference.

e: It's also hard to see when a car's on fire, wtf

Rageaholic fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Nov 11, 2021

Simiain
Dec 13, 2005

"BAM! The ole fork in the eye!!"
1 Vs. 100 seems like an idea whose time has come, I'd bloody love for it to come back.

I'm having fun with San Andreas, I think it looks alright but in my memory it had a constant orange filter and heat-haze effect, both of which are gone now.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Quantum of Phallus posted:

"The opening sequence has the horse and carts all flying around"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWGepV3sTYI

Biodome
Nov 21, 2006

Gerry

Rageaholic posted:

Started the new GTAIII. It's the same game I know by heart. I don't even have to look at the map for missions because I already know where to go, though it's awesome that there's a GPS route on the map like in GTAV. Right stick aiming and the weapon/radio wheels are rad too. All the dialogue sounds the same too, and so does my favorite radio station (Rise FM), so that wasn't re-recorded for this.

I'm having the same issue :( There's a brightness slider in the options menu that I turned all the way up, but that didn't seem to make a difference.

e: It's also hard to see when a car's on fire, wtf

Thirding the game being way too dark. I'm playing GTA 3 on an LG C1 and it's dark as poo poo. I think I was able to fix it by turning off all the HDR options on the Xbox settings, lol.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I love Skyrim so much. It's such loving jank, the main questlines are, for the most part, absolute rubbish but the random little side quests and wandering around the world bashing bandits with a big warhammer is SO FUN. The Morrowind DLC is also cool as gently caress

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The horses flying all over the place isnt the intended gameplay for skyrim?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Red Warrior posted:

Jeff Grubb saying on his Giant Bomb show that a new 1 vs 100 is in development and may be revealed soon, possible the Xbox anniversary show. :toot:

i have one missing achievement from the original and it will haunt me forever

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

How often do y'all with fancy OLEDs need to fiddle with brightness/contrast/HDR settings when playing different games?

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

ZeeBoi posted:

How often do y'all with fancy OLEDs need to fiddle with brightness/contrast/HDR settings when playing different games?

With the TV? Very rarely. Both the Xbox and PS5 offer system level calibration which seems to work well enough. Sometimes I may have to do small adjustments in game but that's rare.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

ZeeBoi posted:

Never. Just follow the recommended setup by the 'hdtvtest' youtube channel for each kind of input and content (xbox, movies,...) and you should be good. Takes about 30 minutes.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I'll be honest, I understand what HDR is and I've seen the comparison pictures and stuff but I'm completely blind to it when it comes to my TV. Most of the time I think the picture looks really great but I'd never be able to be like "oh wow the auto HDR really did a number on this scene!". I guess I've never really seen gaming on a different screen though. If I went over to a friend's place or tried to play Ori on my PC maybe I'd immediately be able to tell.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

American McGay posted:

I'll be honest, I understand what HDR is and I've seen the comparison pictures and stuff but I'm completely blind to it when it comes to my TV. Most of the time I think the picture looks really great but I'd never be able to be like "oh wow the auto HDR really did a number on this scene!". I guess I've never really seen gaming on a different screen though. If I went over to a friend's place or tried to play Ori on my PC maybe I'd immediately be able to tell.

The biggest improvement I noticed with Auto HDR was in the first tomb raider reboot. It still looks amazing anyway, and the starker difference between lighter and darker areas sold the environments a lot better.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
Xbox is pretty cool, actually

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Agoat posted:

Xbox is pretty cool, actually

It is pretty cool to just win 24/7 365

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I won the Rockstar Halo giveaway. Dunno what prize I'll get, but at the very least, it'll be a copy of Halo Infinite.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

kri kri posted:

It is pretty cool to just win 24/7 365

Halo Infinite is going to be so much fun... and it's on Game Pass so it's no more money out of my pocket.

Forever winning.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Detective No. 27 posted:

I won the Rockstar Halo giveaway. Dunno what prize I'll get, but at the very least, it'll be a copy of Halo Infinite.

How were you notified? E-mail?

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

All the extra quests with the anniversary bundle seem really cool. Can’t wait to do the Oblivion gate one

I'm playing with survival mode for the first time and wow does it change how I play the game. Much more immersive and random things like baskets of apples actually are nice to find now.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Agoat posted:

How were you notified? E-mail?

Yeah. Rockstar sent me an email saying I was a potential winner, but they needed to verify my contact info, mailing address, and I needed to confirm that I was eligible to win (US Resident, not an employee or affiliated with Rockstar or the company running the promotion). Then they sent me another e.ail a couple hours later confirming that I won. Looks like I'll find out in 6-8 weeks.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

1glitch0 posted:

I'm playing with survival mode for the first time and wow does it change how I play the game. Much more immersive and random things like baskets of apples actually are nice to find now.

Sounds cool! I might do that next run

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!
The most immediately apparent thing having an OLED for me was that are meant to be bright lights in a scene will actually be bright, they'll glow. Like in dim lighting in Forza the brake lights will be bright, but they don't wash anything else out.

Digital Foundry actually put out a couple of videos on Youtube a while ago in HDR, which are still a great demonstration if you have a phone that supports HDR in the Youtube app, think most recent iPhones and Pixels and Galaxies will these days, you'll get a feel for how it could look on a TV.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oi_ojpJ3aws
But obviously won't do poo poo for you if your phone/app doesn't actually support it.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Detective No. 27 posted:

Yeah. Rockstar sent me an email saying I was a potential winner, but they needed to verify my contact info, mailing address, and I needed to confirm that I was eligible to win (US Resident, not an employee or affiliated with Rockstar or the company running the promotion). Then they sent me another e.ail a couple hours later confirming that I won. Looks like I'll find out in 6-8 weeks.

That's really cool. I'm hoping I can win a Series X for my girlfriend, but I'm just thrilled I got all the skins.

Infinite is gonna rule.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

pretty cool how there is zero tiles anywhere on the home screen or the store page for battlefield 2042 and when you search for it on a series x the first option is for xbox one edition which i stupidly purchased instead of the series X version.

and then in the process of installing the correct version, managed to somehow delete it half way through after playing the AI tutorial mission.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

ZeeBoi posted:

I usually need to turn non hdr games all the way up but hdr games generally are good on default

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Laserface posted:

pretty cool how there is zero tiles anywhere on the home screen or the store page for battlefield 2042 and when you search for it on a series x the first option is for xbox one edition which i stupidly purchased instead of the series X version.

and then in the process of installing the correct version, managed to somehow delete it half way through after playing the AI tutorial mission.

If you think that’s bad, wait til you play the game!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

If you think that’s bad, wait til you play the game!!!

yeah the AI tutorial doesnt inspire much confidence but its replacing COD as my friends cross-plat virtual hangout game.

Im sure it will be good in 6 months