Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

SiKboy posted:

My take on starglitter is; Over a long period of time, buying rolls is almost certainly better. But, I very much doubt I'll still be playing this game in a year (I just dont tend to stick with a game that long tbh!) and in the short term its better to have Bennett than not to have Bennet (or Xiangiu). I've bought a couple of constellations (I think Fischl and Kaeya, maybe Razor as well but I couldnt swear to that) because Fischl and Kaeya were on team "Kill the loving oceanid" and Razor was my main DPS for a long rear end time, and they are all much better with constellations (and the nature of RNG does mean that I've put 60-odd wishes into a banner with certain 4-stars and not pulled them once). Dont regret doing it. Sure, if I'm still playing in another 8 months or whatever and I get a seventh fischl then technically the one constellation I spent starglitter on was... Actually still not wasted. Because I had it now and it made killing the oceanids loving birds (and assorted other flying poo poo) quicker and easier.

So, if you are in for the long haul, spend you starglitter on rolls. But if you want to spend it on a character (or constellation) you want to have now instead of whenever the RNG decides to throw them to you, thats also totally fine. If you are free to play then any starglitter you have was also free. Dont worry about it, you'll get more eventually anyway.

It could be a *very* long haul though. I have been playing since release and still only have the c0 bennett I bought from the shop the first time he was available (probably buying c1 this month).

never ever bet on having good luck in a gacha, go for the sure thing imo

Andrast fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Nov 11, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cant Ride A Bus
Apr 9, 2012

"Batman, Bruce Wayne. Bruce Wayne, Batman. Or have you met?"
i spent starglitter on C1 Bennett and regret nothing.

I'm saving my other starglitter for C6 Noelle if I don't get her before February.

akulanization
Dec 21, 2013

super sweet best pal posted:

The big thing about the characters on starglitter rotation is a lot of them are worth having and worth having constellations of. If I had twelve more starglitter I'd C1 Benny right now.

It’s also the only reliable way to get constellations for the free characters.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
I'd pay starglitter to delete Bennett from my account

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

the idea that i have to spend 3 years managing the gacha scraps for a C6 Amber has become insulting to me, so i don't do it

if the constellation i can buy is actually the one i want, then i'll do it. sorry C3 Amber, C3 Kaeya etc etc

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Starglitter's cool, it's good to know that I have until March before I'll want it for anything yet (or later, if XQ pops up on another banner between now and then).

Brutor Fartknocker
Jun 18, 2013

Any idea how viable a 4 geo gorou/itto team will be for abyss? I'm imagining they won't be able to deal with shields so it just won't be a thing.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
There aren't any shields in the current floor 12...

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Brutor Fartknocker posted:

Any idea how viable a 4 geo gorou/itto team will be for abyss? I'm imagining they won't be able to deal with shields so it just won't be a thing.

i don't think they're even designing around it being a thing, Gorou's benefits cap out at 3 geos and he interacts with crystallize. the 2.3 abyss buffs also have a phase centered around crystallize shards.

granted they made 2.3 abyss have nothing with a shield geo can't handle, and floor 12 is just a pick your poison between geo rifthounds or geovishap. if shields come back as an issue, yeah it affects them unless they give uniquely strong geo application (which we don't know) to Itto or something.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

They should gently caress over the balance in the game and let you buy six of whichever character is in the Starglitter shop.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

RareAcumen posted:

They should gently caress over the balance in the game and let you buy six of whichever character is in the Starglitter shop.
Do this and also make it 3 4*s at a time now that we've gotten a bunch more.

Brutor Fartknocker
Jun 18, 2013

Ah, nice, last time I read honey it looked like you needed 4 geo for gorous's skill, 3 is way easier. Now to hope zhong gets another rerun before 2024.

Edit: I'm still just scarred by the drat abyss heralds/lectors when I ran a eula team on one side and a razor team on the other.

Brutor Fartknocker fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Nov 11, 2021

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

No Wave posted:

There aren't any shields in the current floor 12...

frost cicin mage is still there on 12-2 2nd

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
You don't really need elemental damage to deal with a Cryo Cicin Mage. Just enough AoE to kill the bugs.

Baiard
Nov 7, 2011

it's good for you
Yeah learning the Cryo Cicin mages work differently was really surprising to me.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Cryo mage's gimmick is a neat change of pace from every other enemy with a shield.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Anno posted:

As a new player should I be using my starglitter (I think? The limited one) one more rolls or saving it for specific cards? My completely uneducated guess would be more rolls unless I’m looking to obtain or get more constellations on a specific character I really want, but idk for sure.

You should use stardust (the common one) up ASAP on buying the 10 rolls per month from the shop. There's nothing else worth spending it on.

For starglitter save it imo until you have at least one copy of all the starglitter-buyable characters that you want. In the starglitter shop rotation are Fischl, Beidou, Ningguang, Xingqiu, Razor, and Bennett, plus some other characters who you already got for free. Of those Bennett and Xingqiu are the most must-have characters, so absolutely save for them before you spend all your starglitter on rolls. For the rest of the characters it's just personal preference whether you want them, basically.
Don't bother spending it on weapons though. Just use the craftable ones.

RPATDO_LAMD fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Nov 11, 2021

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

They should add the Wanderlust Invocation 5* characters to the glitter shop rotation for something like 5x the cost of the 4* characters. Guarantee yourself one eventually but you'd have to save up for a while if you aren't swiping a lot on the limited banners already.

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

My focus is UNPARALLELED!
It's time to start building my Raiden national team so I can go unga bunga on the level 90 artifact domains without having to bug my friends for help.

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

Maybe it’s the Stockholm Syndrome setting in, but I’m oddly enjoying this game as sort of a resource management simulator. I’m never going to pay more than the Welkin and maybe the premium BP, so I never see myself paying primogems for resin, so it seems like there’s going to be a lot of prioritizing what characters I want to level/gear, weapons to level etc. It’s like an incredibly long Binding of Isaac run - kinda just have to work with what you get and make the most of it.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I wonder if I should rank up my world to 7 already, I'd instantly go from ADV 50 to like 54

slicing up eyeballs
Oct 19, 2005

I got me two olives and a couple of limes

I hosed up and put off the second ascension quest for too long, went from rank 35 to 42 lol. I did not appreciate wild mobs getting that much stronger, but I wanted the delicious primos that came with it.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
That's why you've just gotta rip the bandaid off early

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

I finally read the Energy Recharge page on the Genshin wiki in detail and literally just realized that what Energy Recharge does is increase the amount of energy that particular character heals from all sources of energy, and it does not make the character's elemental skill produce more particles or make their particles give more energy to teammates.

What this means for me and what I've not been doing right is that I've been thinking that building ER on supports would help out the amount of Energy that my carries would generate, but this is not actually true. It doesn't mean all that much for most of my teams as I've built ER on almost all the characters that traditionally want a lot of it anyways, except for Eula. My Eula has just built normal damage stats and this means despite me building up her supports with insane amounts of ER she doesn't actually get more energy from them. This helps explain a lot why my Eula has trouble charging her ult...

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

Ultima66 posted:

This helps explain a lot why my Eula has trouble charging her ult...

I think you need around 130% on eula if you have one other cryo battery like diona, rosaria, or kaeya. if you use two of them you can get away with 100%, but that can be painful without raiden

e: I was way off. crtl-f "recommended ER" on this page: https://keqingmains.com/eula/

padijun fucked around with this message at 04:44 on Nov 12, 2021

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Ultima66 posted:

I finally read the Energy Recharge page on the Genshin wiki in detail and literally just realized that what Energy Recharge does is increase the amount of energy that particular character heals from all sources of energy, and it does not make the character's elemental skill produce more particles or make their particles give more energy to teammates.

What this means for me and what I've not been doing right is that I've been thinking that building ER on supports would help out the amount of Energy that my carries would generate, but this is not actually true. It doesn't mean all that much for most of my teams as I've built ER on almost all the characters that traditionally want a lot of it anyways, except for Eula. My Eula has just built normal damage stats and this means despite me building up her supports with insane amounts of ER she doesn't actually get more energy from them. This helps explain a lot why my Eula has trouble charging her ult...

I figured this out when I had characters like Bennet (and later Venti) who had ER as their substat and their ult just always seemed to be up.

Now, it took me forever to realize that every character's energy generation was far from equal.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016
Some exciting leaks about the banners. Supposedly, we will be getting rerun banners -- a new kind of limited rate up character banners where two banners for two different 5* are up. These two banners will run concurrently, and these kind of banners will only feature rerun characters. These kinds of banners will never run concurrently with new 5* characters. Between these two different banners, pity is shared. Supposedly the first of its kind will feature Albedo and Eula running concurrently.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
hey neat
now they'll actually be able to get through their rerun backlog faster than they release new characters instead of having it grow indefinitely

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

Flair posted:

Some exciting leaks about the banners. Supposedly, we will be getting rerun banners -- a new kind of limited rate up character banners where two banners for two different 5* are up. These two banners will run concurrently, and these kind of banners will only feature rerun characters. These kinds of banners will never run concurrently with new 5* characters. Between these two different banners, pity is shared. Supposedly the first of its kind will feature Albedo and Eula running concurrently.

god, please let this be true

Selane
May 19, 2006

I would take that with a pretty big grain of salt, along with anything else that hasn't been directly datamined or observed in the beta.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

Selane posted:

I would take that with a pretty big grain of salt, along with anything else that hasn't been directly datamined or observed in the beta.

Yes, I do want everyone to temper their expectations. In the past, even some datamined things change at released. Nonetheless, I am sourcing this from https://twitter.com/lumie_lumie who is as trustworthy as you can get nowadays with Genshin leaks.

There is also this leaked 2.3 abyss floor 11 disorder:

which was a bit of tell tale sign for a physical DPS to come back.

Flair fucked around with this message at 08:10 on Nov 12, 2021

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
That’s gonna make budgeting your primos to get a character you want suck.

Well, at least I won’t have to wait until god knows when for Klee to come back.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
It's gonna make getting a character you want way easier because it means you don't have to wait literally 2 years

Brutor Fartknocker
Jun 18, 2013

Yeah, gently caress budgeting if you can just roll on banners of characters you want consistently.

Cant Ride A Bus
Apr 9, 2012

"Batman, Bruce Wayne. Bruce Wayne, Batman. Or have you met?"
If they do bring banners like that in I’m just gonna start rolling every time I get enough for a 10. I’m at the point where I’d be happy to get any rerun/standard 5 and unless a new person is literally the best I’ll just pull on reruns forever.

Besides, new people will be on reruns eventually :v:

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Glazius posted:

I suggest not annihilating everything in your path? If you simultaneously charge the spinners you should be able to hold back long enough to keep the robot from dropping to 0 HP. When it's all yellow and glowy it stops caring about the spinners, too, so that should make it easier.

What would keep happening is I would try to hit the weak points and sometimes it would seem to not work and it would just keep attacking the node, which does a ton of damage to the node very quickly, so I'd go "oh poo poo" and start attacking it a lot in the hopes that some of those attacks would actually make contact with the weak spots (this usually ended up working).

I was using Yoimiya to hit weak spots, and her charged attacks also hit kind of hard. Maybe should have just stuck some low damage ranged person in my team.

Zwiebel
Feb 19, 2011

Hi!
I believe the double banner because it gives them more opportunities for Childe reruns.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one

Selane posted:

Why a grain of salt? How many leaks are wrong. Like out of 10 leaks posted itt, how many do you think are wrong?

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Like all the leaks are wrong all the time every single one of them. The beta mining stuff isn’t leaks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kater
Nov 16, 2010

This isn’t even the first ‘rerun banner fix’ leak so it already has to mean one of the two is wrong.