Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nigel Tufnel
Jan 4, 2005
You can't really dust for vomit.
This was taken a while back but wanted to post something. Trying to get my photography mojo back but honestly haven't taken a photo in months. Current stage: maybe if I spend £800 on a X100F I will want to take photos again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Let me tell you of the world I used to know

Nigel Tufnel posted:

This was taken a while back but wanted to post something. Trying to get my photography mojo back but honestly haven't taken a photo in months. Current stage: maybe if I spend £800 on a X100F I will want to take photos again.

I suppose the expected answer to this might be to refrain from buying stuff and try to find your inspiration from other photographers or from Nature/The City or from ~within~ but, in my case, buying stuff did work. New gear inspired me and I've shot more and better and more consistently in the past 12 months - COVID and all - than in the last few years.

real nap shit
Feb 2, 2008

I would usually be the first one to say that Buying More Gear is a trap BUT I will say I love the x100f and the camera inspires me in a way that my Canon 60D did not.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

Cacator fucked around with this message at 07:23 on Oct 3, 2021

keisisqrl
Sep 30, 2009
I've recently rediscovered the joy of buying silver and then throwing most of it away

tompepper
Feb 14, 2005

headwall by Tom Pepper, on Flickr

garage by Tom Pepper, on Flickr

Nigel Tufnel
Jan 4, 2005
You can't really dust for vomit.

I like it.

maxe
Sep 23, 2004

BLURRED SWEET STREETLIGHTS SPEEDING PAST, FAST

SPACE HOMOS
Jan 12, 2005

10 rolls of film, 1 picture I liked. Sort of a success?

theHUNGERian
Feb 23, 2006

I agree, very success.

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

But...did you scan it in mirrored? :ohdear:

SPACE HOMOS
Jan 12, 2005

Yeah, I captured the negative with a mirrorless and macro lens. I forgot to flip it and just decided to leave it.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I have trouble getting those shots with digital, doing it on film is pretty drat hardcore.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

xzzy posted:

I have trouble getting those shots with digital, doing it on film is pretty drat hardcore.

With a hit rate of 1/360 I'd say he has trouble getting them too

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Megabound posted:

I suppose, but I've shot thousands on a day of racing and gotten maybe a handful.

Granted at that point I was much newer and using pretty bad lenses but still, panning shots on fast cars is real hard.

SPACE HOMOS
Jan 12, 2005

Megabound posted:

I mean there are others that are clear, but its gets repetitive. Panning fast moving things at low shutter speeds leads to a lot of pictures that aren't quite clear at all spots.

Kodak E100

Lomography 800

I haven't really put these anywhere, other than Instagram, and don't want to spam the thread.

SPACE HOMOS fucked around with this message at 14:11 on Oct 13, 2021

maxe
Sep 23, 2004

SPACE HOMOS posted:

Panning fast moving things at low shutter speeds leads to a lot of pictures that aren't quite clear at all spots.

It's a numbers game for me, respect for playing it using actual film

I dragged my DSLR and 200mm lens out to a racetrack yesterday to do the same thing but left my memory cards at home like an rear end in a top hat

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

Downtown Charleston-292 by Will King, on Flickr

Downtown Charleston-297 by Will King, on Flickr

Downtown Charleston-302 by Will King, on Flickr

tompepper
Feb 14, 2005

I bought a Zenit B 35mm camera and it came with a Helios-44 lens (Zebra), and waiting for the trial roll of film i shot to develop inspired me to get an adapter for the lens.

I only have an APS-C camera so there's quite a bit of cropping and it's difficult to capture the bokeh but when I do it looks soooooo cool.

meter by Tom Pepper, on Flickr

giggles by Tom Pepper, on Flickr

etta-blur by Tom Pepper, on Flickr

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

Downtown Charleston-314 by Will King, on Flickr

Downtown Charleston-317 by Will King, on Flickr

Downtown Charleston-319 by Will King, on Flickr

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

theHUNGERian
Feb 23, 2006

Yeah!

tompepper
Feb 14, 2005

heart by Tom Pepper, on Flickr

maxe
Sep 23, 2004

Wordicuffs
Jun 14, 2011

tompepper
Feb 14, 2005

slobs by Tom Pepper, on Flickr

lift by Tom Pepper, on Flickr

quarter by Tom Pepper, on Flickr

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

DSC04079 by Alfonso Muskedunder, on Flickr

real nap shit
Feb 2, 2008

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud
People in my city don't turn their lights on early enough. This would have been so much cooler with a bunch of city lights at the bottom.

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

Fozzy The Bear posted:

People in my city don't turn their lights on early enough. This would have been so much cooler with a bunch of city lights at the bottom.

Go back when sunrise is later.

theHUNGERian
Feb 23, 2006

Or go back when there are some clouds and point the camera further up.

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

Ravenel Bridge Sunset-69 by Will King, on Flickr

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

good poo poo

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Let me tell you of the world I used to know
Back to macro (well, 0.66x for now) after a long hiatus. Messing with lights, building diffusers, stacking images :allears:

Next step: finding some non-plastic subjects

Walked
Apr 14, 2003

Been trying to improve me on-the-go photography (e.g. street/event) and using my kids as a subject sure is handy at times

im still bad but improvement is fun nonetheless

Walked fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Nov 15, 2021

tompepper
Feb 14, 2005

mongus by Tom Pepper, on Flickr

Walked
Apr 14, 2003

another kid shot from wandering around this weekend

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

Walked posted:

another kid shot from wandering around this weekend

On a slow connection today, I was concerned about what I was about to see before the photo loaded. Pleasantly surprised, good photo.

real nap shit
Feb 2, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chillbro Baggins
Oct 8, 2004
Bad Angus! Bad!
Learning IR with a zombie Nikon D1x with a red filter on a 17-50mm f/2.8 (see the Nikon thread for backstory on the body).