Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
lmao I got to the top of the mountain and the new food restores more hp than I have.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

sounds like you've been skipping the HP x2 gain optional quest. You should be running that every run by this point.

Or I think you should I did and things were smooth at that point.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

pixaal posted:

sounds like you've been skipping the HP x2 gain optional quest. You should be running that every run by this point.

Or I think you should I did and things were smooth at that point.

I am a goon, you cannot force me to go to a party.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Toshimo posted:

I am a goon, you cannot force me to go to a party.

It's a goony af party. There's Mario Kart Double Dash and DDR. There's a few people in the corner putting random white powders up their nose and giggling in a circle.

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

:nsacloud:

Cowman posted:

I take it the stone house is a trap in Increlution? It took me around 3-4 minutes to build and while it's great for construction and digging grinding it feels like the reward isn't worth it.

There are no permanent traps in Increlution. You will eventually be doing most things. The question is if it makes sense given the time investment and your plan for skill development that run.

Houses have a pretty good curve on them because they often need a lot of a resource. So you'll waste effort building them the first 3-4 times, and then after that you'll start to experience gains on them every run due to the skill development on resource development and construction. They're always worth it to grind.

There are some points later on in the game where grinding certain stuff at that specific point doesn't make sense due to the opportunity cost of time investment. When you get there you'll probably notice it.

ErIog fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Nov 4, 2021

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009
houses add ~3 minutes to your timer; they're almost always worth it - it's basically 3 free minutes of skill grinding (the longer you focus on & grind one skill during a lifetime the more efficiently you gain instinct)

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
I seem to be having issue in NGU where my beefy card and wimpy card 2 wishes seem to be completely stuck while the game is running and fine when it's closed. All my other wishes are counting down fine but those two specifically aren't counting down anymore despite being slotted. Any fixes for this?

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
Increase your Wish speed or do what you were doing and close out the game while you're working on those two wishes. Because of the large numbers involved the math rounds down to 0 effort / tick while offline progress gives it to you as one big chunk.

Bodrick
Jan 3, 2009

In the unlikely event it gets outside, use full force to feign ignorance and pretend nothing happened.
I've found if the total duration of the wish is over 4 days, that's roughly when this effect starts happening.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

Sage Grimm posted:

Increase your Wish speed or do what you were doing and close out the game while you're working on those two wishes. Because of the large numbers involved the math rounds down to 0 effort / tick while offline progress gives it to you as one big chunk.

Bodrick posted:

I've found if the total duration of the wish is over 4 days, that's roughly when this effect starts happening.

That's the weird part is the wishes are actually almost done. I'm just going to allocate elsewhere and put the points back when my NGU is closed but I wonder how long it has been stuck like that.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
The issue here isn't the current doneness but how much doneness you get per tick (which in some cases gets reduced to 0 as mentioned above)
The reason it has been not 0 earlier can have to do with gear being swapped around

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

so uh, I just booted up NGU after like 80 days idle, I've got 492 PP and ~600,000 xp. still working my way through the beardverse bosses on normal difficulty...what's my best investment choice at this point? adventure stats? My bases are 236/9.2m/200 for energy and 46/1.84m/46 for magic, I feel comfortable there but I've also got ~2k seeds I can use to unlock fruits (either numbers or rage).

Sivart13
May 18, 2003
I have neglected to come up with a clever title

tinstaach posted:

(Increlution screenshot)
Dammit, I wanted to make a joke so bad about how I was promised 90 hours of content and only got 89. I would have done it too if I didn't screw myself over in a few ways in chapter 5:
dangit, when you posted this I thought I was on track for a good time but I actually ended up doing worse, even though I didn't do those mistakes you talked about

For all the talk about how nothing in the game is a trap, there are many things in Chapter 5 that are traps if you just want to see the end screen. The whole tavern and all the other silver coins items, for example.

I am slightly curious to see what else gets added to the game but would also probably be fine never playing it again.

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

:nsacloud:

Sivart13 posted:

For all the talk about how nothing in the game is a trap, there are many things in Chapter 5 that are traps if you just want to see the end screen.

You should go back and reading comprehension the posts that say this because they clearly state that nothing in the game is a "permament trap." That means some things definitely aren't worth it at early skill levels (carts in chapter 1 are the best first example), but eventually become worth it or mandatory.

In your case, you wanted to prioritize story progress in Chapter 5 and so decided certain things weren't worth it. That's fine. Making those decisions is the point of the game. When Chapter 6 is released and your skills are in a different spot you'll probably make different decisions.

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat
There's a new clicker in town (or I haven't been paying atention and it's been out ages?)

https://store.steampowered.com/app/977400/Cell_to_Singularity__Evolution_Never_Ends/

I'm quite enjoying it but I'm a science type anyway and the biology with archeology is cool.

Sivart13
May 18, 2003

Ratzap posted:

There's a new clicker in town (or I haven't been paying atention and it's been out ages?)

https://store.steampowered.com/app/977400/Cell_to_Singularity__Evolution_Never_Ends/

I'm quite enjoying it but I'm a science type anyway and the biology with archeology is cool.

Cell to Singularity has been out for at least 4 years but it looks like this expansion just dropped.

I played through a couple reboots back in the day but didn't find much reason to keep playing, maybe they've added more since then!

edit: i started playing and i would say this version has about a billion percent more dinosaurs

Sivart13 fucked around with this message at 09:28 on Nov 8, 2021

Raine
Apr 30, 2013

ACCELERATIONIST SUPERDOOMER

yep i noticed that game too

been playing it for a while

goes much easier with an autoclicker and cheat engine'ing yourself infinite darwinium (it's a double value by the way, you're welcome)

hate that dumb premium currency poo poo but at least this way i can pretend im rich in real life

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
Been playing it for about a year.

Am at level 36 in the dino world, jupiter in the solar system sim, and have all metabit upgrades.
Autoclicker is not really needed.

The game is cute, its interesting to see the "game world" when you get a new creature the first time, and gradually watch the fauna get more diverse, but ultimately this is a fairly boring and uninvolved idler. It feels more like a first generation idler with literally zero decision making, boring prestige mechanics, and poorly tweaked numbers causing you to hit a hard progress cap.
Its interesting features are the visuals when you get a new thingie the first time, and how each different game world has its own progression mechanics.
If Adventure Capitalist rocked your boat you will find yourself very welcome in Cells to Singularity, however if you are looking something a bit more advanced stay away.

New Yorp New Yorp
Jul 18, 2003

Only in Kenya.
Pillbug

Ineptitude posted:

If Adventure Capitalist rocked your boat you will find yourself very welcome in Cells to Singularity, however if you are looking something a bit more advanced stay away.

I started it last night. The dinosaur phase is a direct ripoff of Adventure Communist, right down to dumb lootbox bullshit. The second I noticed that I shut it down.

Sivart13
May 18, 2003

Raine posted:

goes much easier with an autoclicker and cheat engine'ing yourself infinite darwinium (it's a double value by the way, you're welcome)
Thanks for this, I wouldn't normally try to cheat premium currency in a game but considering I'd already gotten all the way in an earlier version of the game so I'm happier to speedrun through to see any new stuff.

I like a little bit of what was added; the text popups that show every time you hit a big new milestone, and the prestige screens have gotten a little bit fancier. But overall the main game seems the same; Adventure Capitalist but with a tree instead of a straight line.

The 3d graphics add almost nothing after the first time you see them other than making the game slower to load.

The monetization with the boosts, double offline progress, and random particles is absolutely awful, the only way it could be more like a mobile game is if you got to watch ads for Rise Of Ages Of Dragon Kings or some poo poo for a 2x boost.

Sivart13 fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Nov 8, 2021

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015
A 2.0 of space company is out: https://ngsc.freddecgames.com/

Spoiler alert: still need full storage to upgrade storage.

Edit: research to unlock each type of machine, goodbye

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

habituallyred posted:

Dang, I've just been playing the other one happily for a while. Here's hoping the saves transfer.

Edit: They do, but the v2 has more tabs which is a bummer. I liked having everything just in a list with pins on top.

Jhet fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Nov 8, 2021

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.
2.0 is sadly just a less-usable UI reskin and removing random poo poo.

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013
Less usable absolutely. And harder to read because of the organization of the resources in the purchase screen.

It also looks like it messed with the Dark Matter upgrades and set mine to zero. Which is terrible. Not a good update.

E: It also kept scientists but there's no longer any Technologies anywhere. So that's fun.

Jhet fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Nov 8, 2021

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009
for anyone interested in starting a new space company run, here's a save file that basically fixes the horrible storage system (by giving you dimensional storage right off the bat):

code:
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
alternatively, you can add this to your save file @ the end of your items array (you can use this to decode your save):
code:
      {
         "id": "dmUpgdDimensionRift",
         "unlocked": true,
         "count": 1
      }

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

habituallyred posted:

Honestly that's not too bad, I've noticed I have enough Research to unlock each type of machine when I get a new resource. It looks like it removed the "+x%" boosts you would spend the rest of your Research on. You can't go into negative numbers anymore though, and the Conversion thing is now a slider instead of a button where you can set how much you want to convert. That's a bit more annoying, because you have to constantly fiddle with the slider instead of just setting to Max and clicking when you want to convert something. Seems like Titans now cost Ultrite instead of requiring you to Enlighten for a single one.

Giant Octopus
Feb 23, 2015
Currently playing legends of Idelon and loving it, but I crave more if the crazy adrenaline rush from slow, crunchy, incremental progress and would like to start another. Anyone have any recommendations? Also have an itch for base-building games so anything with that sort of element to it would be even better. I'm unfortunately tied to the play store/android for my idling so games that are entirely browser-based are beyond my reach.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

hi my name is "weedle" and i'm addicted to playing kittens game on my apple i-phone. are there any other iphone premium idle games with no iap for game currency or boosts of any kind. i also enjoyed spaceplan and universal paperclips but they were over relatively quickly and kittens game seems like it's going to be long as hell, but i want something to do while i'm waiting for my kittens to finish their toil (it is never finished. work!!)

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

In Increlution

A loving OCTOPUS? I just managed to kill the captain, and now another thing to kill

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
I think it was deemed 'boring' by the thread but Melvor Idle hit 1.0 public beta yesterday, with an intention to be officially 1.0 in a week or so. Not a lot different from what was there -- some tougher combat, a new Astrology skill which grants global bonuses, and just a bit 'more of everything.'

Giant Octopus
Feb 23, 2015

Tayter Swift posted:

I think it was deemed 'boring' by the thread but Melvor Idle hit 1.0 public beta yesterday, with an intention to be officially 1.0 in a week or so. Not a lot different from what was there -- some tougher combat, a new Astrology skill which grants global bonuses, and just a bit 'more of everything.'

I was reading reviews of that, apparently there's some paywall that sprung up out of nowhere and got people burning torches. I wouldn't have a problem paying 10 bucks for a game that's worth it, particularly if it's a one-time only thing. But locking previously-free content behind a "premium" account with no warning seems pretty concerning.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
Ah, that I didn’t know. I ponied up for it a few weeks ago and there’s no IAP.

Its cloud save system is friggin brain dead tho.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

It's not really a paywall. It was announced (not very long before the deadline to be honest) that the game would stop being free-with-ads on web and mobile, instead requiring a one-time payment to unlock the full game, with the free versions becoming a cut down (limited skills) demo of the game. Everyone who had an existing cloud account got upgraded to premium for free, and the developer even urged people to create a cloud account to take advantage of this in their announcement of the change.

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006

Ghostlight posted:

It's not really a paywall. It was announced (not very long before the deadline to be honest) that the game would stop being free-with-ads on web and mobile, instead requiring a one-time payment to unlock the full game, with the free versions becoming a cut down (limited skills) demo of the game. Everyone who had an existing cloud account got upgraded to premium for free, and the developer even urged people to create a cloud account to take advantage of this in their announcement of the change.

The absolute reasonableness of this made me chuckle.

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006
Why DON'T folks like Melvor Idle? I started a couple weeks ago, and it seems OK. Is the payoff or endgame weak or something?

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011

Cobalt60 posted:

Why DON'T folks like Melvor Idle? I started a couple weeks ago, and it seems OK. Is the payoff or endgame weak or something?

I got to ~40% completion and the next logical step was very boring so I doffed around for a little bit trying to find something fun in game and couldn’t. Then the notice came out that the browser version was getting shuttered in favor of steam, and I just decided to close the tab and move on.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

For me at least, it's explicitly just shittier Runescape. Instead of Melvor I could simply just play Runescape and have a much better time.

CatHorse
Jan 5, 2008

Chakan posted:

Then the notice came out that the browser version was getting shuttered in favor of steam, and I just decided to close the tab and move on.

It isn't

Giant Octopus
Feb 23, 2015

Ghostlight posted:

I should've known better than to trust app store reviews. What a complete 180, very cool and good. Maybe I'll give it a shot then. Also just downloaded Cave Heroes which is looking pretty fun though currently plagued by some eye-melting visual bugs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.
Melvor is -okay- in its own way. If you like grinding for the sake of grinding without much reason to actually be 'progressing' then it's fine and will scratch that itch.