Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

put the teacher in the cope cage imo
quietly incrementing my "forums posters/mods/admins 86'd by da deep state" counter and for the first time incrementing the "... and they are doing the right thing" counter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 29 hours!
itt a tribute to our late mod, aatrek

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

The Atomic Man-Boy posted:

I'm not saying you should.

Oh I'm in agreement with you, I just am adding that I don't care about the magic rules and ritual because it's giving yourself a narrative that is both unprovable and unreliable even if true.

At best, you will end up tilting at windmills.

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.

gradenko_2000 posted:

lol gently caress satanism keeps coming up

it's pretty lol to turn your cult into an animal farm, on the other hand these people don't sound like child sacrificing elites, also lol that they inspired the worst skinny puppy album

wikipedia posted:

The industrial music group Skinny Puppy released an album titled The Process that contained lyrics espousing anti-vivisection themes.[38] The Process Church's rituals were later adopted and utilised by the band Psychic TV and the group that formed around it, Thee Temple ov Psychick Youth (TOPY).[38] Several TOPY members had previously been involved with the Process Church.[39] Genesis P-Orridge worked with longstanding church member Timothy Wyllie to produce a book featuring reproductions of the church's magazines and reminiscences of several members. It was published as Love, Sex, Fear, Death: The Inside Story of The Process Church of the Final Judgment by Feral House in 2009.[40]

Clifford and OhGr and Genesis P-Orridge oh my!!

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

Can someone fill me in on the process church? It's a name I see kicked around a lot but I've never looked into it or seen it liked with any thread favorites.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Can someone fill me in on the process church? It's a name I see kicked around a lot but I've never looked into it or seen it liked with any thread favorites.

You are not ready:

https://www.academia.edu/35152712

Also, that author is an esoteric scholar that wrote an interesting looking book:

Occult Imperium posted:

• Demonstrates an alternative interpretation of Occultism as anti-modern and anti-progressive
  • Provides the first comprehensive overview of the Italian esoteric milieu, from the Risorgimento, to the Great War, to Mussolini's regime, ending with the WWII period
  • Includes previously unavailable English translations of works by Reghini, Armentano, Evola, Parise, Guénon, and many others

Wasabi the J has issued a correction as of 08:34 on Nov 11, 2021

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

Wasabi the J posted:

You are not ready:

https://www.academia.edu/35152712

Also, that author is an esoteric scholar that wrote an interesting looking book:

Well there goes my weekend.

TheGoonspiracist posted:

Just popped in because I don't know if this has ever been discussed in the thread yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FUersarZuo

Holy poo poo. If you’ve skipped this, give it a listen.

The Atomic Man-Boy has issued a correction as of 09:44 on Nov 11, 2021

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

You can't get up in the morning and torture a bunch of Vietnamese peasants without having justified it to yourself that you will gain 10,000 souls in hell or some other dumb thing.

This is a false claim. You can read about people who bombed hospitals or built nuclear bombs or massacred Jews and they didn't need a Satanic reason to do it. All they went on was "we need to do this to win the war". The rich can do all sorts of evil without a spiritual belief to justify it.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
I will fully disclose I was raised extremely "Christian"; Baptist then later Catholic, and got into esoterica into college because I naively wanted to bridge the gap between all religion, and got more into the historical and sociological aspects ancient societies.

My Christian guilt fucks with me all the time for questioning the word, but another, more honest voice, reminds me that people deserve to know the truth about people who hide in power, and a church, pious or corrupt, holds power -- and that my ancestors were forced into Christianity by the barrel of a gun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8JVdpWCKeM

This is one of my fave podcasts. It gives a sense of hope for surviving real Armageddon, time and again, as we have since we've been writing about it.

So my interest in esoterica is mostly the same; I disregard the propaganda of ancient writings of ancient stories, but instead focus on the things that could be checked against in the historical record. Looking at the words only does so much, and mankind is consistently dishonest.

I used to be into the biblical angels and demonology, apocrypha etc. but I don't mentally categorize the mythos as historical evidence.

Ugh I'm gonna have egg on my face in that lake of fire if I'm wrong.

multistability
Feb 15, 2014
https://anti-imperialist-action-ireland.com/blog/2021/11/11/article-16-loyalism-and-the-protocol-a-british-strategy-of-tension/

The brits are at it again

E Depois do Adeus
Jun 3, 2012

Nobody has better respect for intelligence than Donald Trump.

Can we assume this is mostly training stuff and/or close protection? Maybe things are different in, say, Estonia, but I can't imagine Italy needs Navy Seals to help them sink refugee boats or guard tomato picking slaves

After how the last "resistance" training ended up (Brabant killings) and how now there's less of an opposing presence to justify that, I wonder what the point of this is

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth
lowtax didn’t kill himself

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

E Depois do Adeus posted:

Can we assume this is mostly training stuff and/or close protection? Maybe things are different in, say, Estonia, but I can't imagine Italy needs Navy Seals to help them sink refugee boats or guard tomato picking slaves

After how the last "resistance" training ended up (Brabant killings) and how now there's less of an opposing presence to justify that, I wonder what the point of this is

I imagine a large part of it is that the US brings the guns and tanks, but we have gently caress all for soldiers. We need to keep their soldiers trained or our military falls apart even faster than is normal.

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

Chamale posted:

This is a false claim. You can read about people who bombed hospitals or built nuclear bombs or massacred Jews and they didn't need a Satanic reason to do it. All they went on was "we need to do this to win the war". The rich can do all sorts of evil without a spiritual belief to justify it.

yeah, that's a thing to remember to keep in mind here. "Banality of evil" isn't a concept for no reason, after all

I'm all for mysticism as a perspective that helps anyone to navigate the world with broader horizons, especially in terms of historical possibility. However, more frequently than not, mysticism backfires to feed into a paranoiac stance about the world, where everything is explainable and incredibly complex things are reduced into it, to satisfy the urge for control. Which is terribly, terribly ironic because mysticism is all about wisdom and understanding that has nothing to do with the intellect or reason. If mysticism is used to create a crude logic to provide explanations for things, it is subverted. lmao

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

MLSM posted:

Steve Forums was transferred just before this week

Regulus74
Jul 26, 2007

Chamale posted:

Correct. Some people just get off on doing horrible things and some of those people are born into having the resources to do said horrible things without repercussion.

Like if you get off on the idea of murdering those socially lower than you but you're just a relatively normal suburbanite, you might not ever actually get the chance to do so yourself (or at least in a way that effectively insulates you from retaliation), so you drive your seventeen year old son to a protest in another state and give him an assault rifle whereas an immensely rich gently caress with the same compulsion can just fly to david copperfield's island and shoot someone there a few times a year. Just for example.

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

all desire - the thirst for oil, war, religious salvation - needs to be understood according to what he calls 'the demonogrammatical decoding of the Earth's body'
I’ve opened up this argument before lol but the satanic portals opening up and poo poo is not the sort of mysticism this thread or the parapolitic at large is dealing with imo. I think more of the prologue of From Hell, servicing as half of a very apt bookend to this sort of thought, where the psychic admits that he had made up everything he knew of the investigation but it all came true anyways.

the only demons that exist are on and in the earth, there is nothing beyond.

Danger has issued a correction as of 20:45 on Nov 11, 2021

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
maybe the rich are just dumb and actually believe in magic

TrixRabbi
Aug 20, 2010

Time for a little robot chauvinism!

I can't tell, how many people in here are actually full on believers in the Satanic ritual stuff as literal?

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

TrixRabbi posted:

I can't tell, how many people in here are actually full on believers in the Satanic ritual stuff as literal?

:justpost:

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

MLSM posted:

man I know the circumstances wouldn't be the same (i.e. him having to sell the forums directly lead to this) but I'm so glad this didn't happen while he still owned SA.

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

TrixRabbi posted:

depends what you mean by literal, and which "stuff" we're talking about.

i think it actually is likely the ultra rich and powerful have mystic beliefs. maybe not everyone, but enough that it could influence or dictate culture and their interpersonal relationships. and while i doubt they'd map 1:1 onto the popular american christian version of satanism, i'm sure there would be parallels. i think there's enough evidence presented throughout this thread to support that

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
Of course it's real. Why is it so shocking or even upsetting? Enrichment of the self through concentrated will is a staple of humanity, from meditation to prayer to contemplation to exercise to dance to community (on forever), through ritual, focus, intention (on forever). I don't see the controversy. If you're saying that no one is enriched by these performances, if you will, it's going to be an extremely difficult case to make.

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

Hooplah posted:

depends what you mean by literal, and which "stuff" we're talking about.

i think it actually is likely the ultra rich and powerful have mystic beliefs. maybe not everyone, but enough that it could influence or dictate culture and their interpersonal relationships. and while i doubt they'd map 1:1 onto the popular american christian version of satanism, i'm sure there would be parallels. i think there's enough evidence presented throughout this thread to support that

freemasonry is a cornerstone of the wealthy elite and it is nothing but mysticism

staticman
Sep 12, 2008

Be gay
Death to America
Suck my dick Israel
Mess with Texas
and remember to lmao
Don't worry, it's not real, and it definitely never wraps itself in the flag and carries a cross.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Shima Honnou posted:

maybe the rich are just dumb and actually believe in magic

I think it's probably like 60% this, 40% people going along with it because they like theme parties

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Regulus74 posted:

My motivations are religious. Money is power and I worship power. The man with the most money has the most pieces of the godhead and thus is closest to god. I cannot be that man but I can be so deeply enmeshed in the system that upholds his power that I can reap some of its rewards as well e.g. living in comfort and luxury in a place where those things absolutely are not accessible, leniency for any criminal proclivities (if not total immunity), etc.

It almost doesn't matter what my line manager tells me because I am truly working for god. He probably just says direct commands like "give jolyon a call."

The performance indicators are wealth inequality statistics and how quickly/effectively we can intercept a 911 call about kids in a house in Milwaukee to get our guys out there to whisk them away to one of les wexner's safehouses in ohio.

Modern capitalism is the worship of money and power and the people who set it up to be this way used capitalist doctrine like the Missionaria Protectiva from Dune. I genuinely think the vast majority of deep state agents who carry out its agenda are people who have bought the dogma rather than the Bene Gesserit who came up with it.

:nsa:

Tungsten
Aug 10, 2004

Your Working Boy

TrixRabbi posted:

first we need to work out definitions of "belief" "satanic" "ritual" and "literal"

Regulus74
Jul 26, 2007

Zodium posted:

basically Capital is like a self-organized demon which eats entropy or complexity or whatever that we've summoned by meddling with productive forces beyond our comprehension and now its mind controlling like 80% of humanity to own ourselves, as a joke.

:hmmyes:

Think Less
Dec 29, 2016

Tungsten posted:

first we need to work out definitions of "belief" "satanic" "ritual" and "literal"

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

I’ve said it before but we literally live in a society that’s harnessing the energy of the dead to do inhuman things and as a side effect is bringing on the apocalypse.

But sure, magick is just a social construct.

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

the dead things in fossil fuels are ancient plants and algae but idk the rules around vegan necromancy

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

We are all made of stardust. Isn't that magic?

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

all the water you drink was at one point cum

Warthur
May 2, 2004

Marzzle posted:

all the water you drink was at one point cum

The reverse of this is also true.

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

Warthur posted:

The reverse of this is also true.

not true, cum is also made of protein, fats, carbohydrates. I'm a cum expert :smuggo:

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

a human being can survive perfectly well on a balanced diet consisting solely of cum and sunlight

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
Who's watching season 3 of Succession? :)

https://twitter.com/The_Wub_/status/1458857895299325956?s=20

https://twitter.com/Edward__Bernays/status/1458947575302733825?s=20

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 29 hours!
this doesn’t surprise me cause I already assumed everything that was associated with that stupid chapos trap house is a op

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

i still lol every time i think that the first time anyone ever heard of the red scare girls was during a "woman on the street" infowars interview. total coincidence, I'm sure