Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pliable
Sep 26, 2003

this is what u get for "180 x 180 avatars"

this is what u fucking get u bithc
Fun Shoe

Cosmik Slop posted:

I don't know what the gently caress this says about me, but Lowtax dying has me thinking about life, far more so than when I've lost relatives. That a man creates something (almost in spite of himself) that grows into this enormous, culturally important thing, fails to capitalize on it, and then caps it all off with a hot one to the dome. It's just loving.... I don't know. Strange, and sad, and weird.

This same feeling started when Norm Macdonald passed and now just continues. So many familiar names/people are dying. It feels like it's accelerated, or something. Or like you said, strange, and sad, and weird

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Silly goose, you're here forever.

Shame Boy posted:

You link your account to opensea or whatever and if you're shown to have engaged in any NFT activity whatsoever it just auto-bans you. That is all.

First one then the other after people complain.

Tom Collins
Aug 25, 2000

Cosmik Slop posted:

I don't know what the gently caress this says about me, but Lowtax dying has me thinking about life, far more so than when I've lost relatives. That a man creates something (almost in spite of himself) that grows into this enormous, culturally important thing, fails to capitalize on it, and then caps it all off with a hot one to the dome. It's just loving.... I don't know. Strange, and sad, and weird.

that's fair, man. it _should_ be more impactful than some other event like an actor dying, because of the different level of connection that we had to the guy, and to his story, and to the evolution of our entire culture around the internet for the last couple decades

nobody could possibly have predicted that exactly the sort of nerdy extremely-online stuff that we liked ended up becoming incredibly influential on a generation. it shouldn't have, really.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Malaclypse posted:

hello it me!

Oh my god also I remember your avatar and it made me happy to see it

This thread is a trip down memory lane that's for drat sure

CgiBinLaden
Mar 11, 2001

pliable posted:

Oh holy poo poo dude, you're alive! Hope you're well :)

Thanks, I am. Just old.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

i tend to believe that lowtax faked his spine poo poo. my mum has had extensive spine issues like lowtax claimed he had, and what most people dont know is that they go through the front of the neck to replace discs and stuff, bc theyre less likely to gently caress up your spinal cord with the surgery that way.

so what im saying is you get a scar on the front of your neck when you have that surgery

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

MattWPBS posted:

Last time I was on here was when the spine thing was going on, so just been catching up on the fallout from that, and cancelling the Patreon thing.

Go donate to the GoFundMe for his kids. If you can afford it, try to top out what you've spent on here and the spine stuff.

Are you saying you're one of the people that were still paying Lowtax after it all went down?

because lol

pliable
Sep 26, 2003

Fun Shoe

Tom Collins posted:

that's fair, man. it _should_ be more impactful than some other event like an actor dying, because of the different level of connection that we had to the guy, and to his story, and to the evolution of our entire culture around the internet for the last couple decades

nobody could possibly have predicted that exactly the sort of nerdy extremely-online stuff that we liked ended up becoming incredibly influential on a generation. it shouldn't have, really.

It's always been bonkers to me how Lets Play's, for example, originated from here, but now there are entire loving empires built around it.

Or Slenderman. God our forums are loving crazy man

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Just cheered myself up imagining the next 5 years of humorously invoking the ghost of Lowtax to show bad posters the error of their ways

Tom Collins
Aug 25, 2000

pliable posted:

It's always been bonkers to me how Lets Play's, for example, originated from here, but now there are entire loving empires built around it.

i remember seeing that and thinking, great, this is like going to someone else's house who has a super nintendo and won't let you play and all you get to do is watch his older brother. and now yes, literally people make millions of dollars a year letting other people watch them play video games

if i had the time to play games...poo poo, right now I need to go make dinner, there's not even time for _this_

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

Bust Rodd posted:

All these 20 year old reg dates returning to post like prehistoric mastodons laying an old diseased bull to rest in the elephant graveyard

Like salmon returning to the waterfalls where they were born and dying after having fish sex

MattWPBS
Jun 17, 2004
I am the law, but an easily bribed kind of law.

Peggy Edson posted:

Are you saying you're one of the people that were still paying Lowtax after it all went down?

because lol

Yeah, had no idea about it.

Also, if we're talking SomethingAwful NFTs, surely swap.avi is a high value option? If you own the NFT, it never plays on your device.

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

Soylent Pudding posted:

I'm glad SA rose above it's creation and it's creator. Also gently caress you Lotax you had every opportunity to grow up with the goon community and become a slightly less lovely person.

:same:

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 216 days!

Bust Rodd posted:

Just cheered myself up imagining the next 5 years of humorously invoking the ghost of Lowtax to show bad posters the error of their ways

the ghost of dead gay forums past

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
Haha we all kinda wondered how many of his remaining patrons we're people who just like, forgot they were donating and/or never looked into it.

pliable
Sep 26, 2003

Fun Shoe

CgiBinLaden posted:

Thanks, I am. Just old.

Glad to hear! And yeah, same lol. We all old now.

Seriously has :corsair: checked in yet or naw? Or OMGWTFBBQ?

GameQuoter, please please hear my plea and return to us with your loving brilliant posts <3

Bust Rodd posted:

I think it's already started in a way but lmao

Tom Collins posted:

i remember seeing that and thinking, great, this is like going to someone else's house who has a super nintendo and won't let you play and all you get to do is watch his older brother. and now yes, literally people make millions of dollars a year letting other people watch them play video games

if i had the time to play games...poo poo, right now I need to go make dinner, there's not even time for _this_

Again, it's a testament to the power and quality of these forums. Been here what 18 years now and I still think this is one of the best places on the internet.

Goodluck godspeed with dinner :)

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

https://vimeo.com/645037827

The Artificial Kid
Feb 22, 2002
Plibble

juggalo baby coffin posted:

i tend to believe that lowtax faked his spine poo poo. my mum has had extensive spine issues like lowtax claimed he had, and what most people dont know is that they go through the front of the neck to replace discs and stuff, bc theyre less likely to gently caress up your spinal cord with the surgery that way.

so what im saying is you get a scar on the front of your neck when you have that surgery
A lot of spinal surgery can be done from the front or back depending on the exact location of the problem or other factors that might make one approach harder or easier than another

For example

pliable
Sep 26, 2003

Fun Shoe

In that one infamous picture where he looks dead on the hospital bed, isn't there an incision on the front of his neck?

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Time to wrap this thread up, I'll see y'all next year when grover dies from having a cabinet fall on his head

Orenthal
Apr 14, 2008

I got 99 problems but a bitc 98 problems

a video of a terrible person dunking on another terrible person, that's usually a youtube thing

Hillary 2024
Nov 13, 2016

by vyelkin

fuctifino posted:

She's all over his Facebook wall if you are really interested, but from someone who's looked.... nah.... it's not really worth it.

Lowtax's death wouldn't feel right without a crazy narcissist trying to make it all about them

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

he does in fact have a scar on his neck in the pics bud

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

What a bizarre (if, I suppose, predictable at this point) end to an Internet legend-turned-pariah's 22-year story; and what a dreadful conclusion to some dreadful years for those he leaves behind. I find it all so disappointing that a man who once seemed like a terrifically clever and funny character, and had managed to create a unique and incredibly influential online community, should turn out to be not just incapable or unwilling of evolving along with that community, but downright deceitful, abusive, and entirely self-destructive. Committing suicide after losing a legal fight over money is just the final insult. Hopefully all the women he wronged and his children will be able to heal, move on, and craft happier futures for themselves.

Anyway, naturally im gay, but since I'm late to the party I've pulled out my own wallet instead of consigning Shame Boy to destitution. I hope it helps a little.

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

I did fall asleep reading a particularly erotic chapter
in my grandmother's journal.

She wrote very detailed descriptions of her experiences...

Tom Collins posted:

There are millions and millions of people whose primary experience with videogames growing up was watching their older sibling(s) play.

Gibbons
Dec 8, 2005

life's little hurdles
goodnight goon

Napolean Bonerfarts
Dec 11, 2003

by Pragmatica

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

Time to wrap this thread up, I'll see y'all next year when grover dies from having a cabinet fall on his head

It's not over until GameQuoter posts here

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

Gibbons posted:

goodnight goon

And may flights of YTMNDs sing thee to thy rest

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 216 days!

Hillary 2024 posted:

Lowtax's death wouldn't feel right without a crazy narcissist trying to make it all about them

We're going to need to convince someone to threaten legal action against his corpse if we're going to really make this right.

a top top lad
Feb 28, 2003

Triffic really. Proper player.
Gorgeous George outlived Lowtax AND is less of a dickhead. Wild.

DeusModus
Nov 25, 2003

I am not Ben Affleck.

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

That's a very polite way of saying complete structural collapse.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Hodgepodge posted:

We're going to need to convince someone to threaten legal action against his corpse if we're going to really make this right.

Can't wait for the Lowtax Cadaver Synod.

spouse
Nov 10, 2008

When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.

:qq:

RustySeabutter
Nov 11, 2000

Puncho!
just another old person posting to say this whole thing is sad

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

god dammit you fuckers if you find yourself contemplating suicide call a friend and ask for help, or call your drat kids and tell em you love em, or get a fuckin therapist, or go to goddamn aa, or find jesus, or at least call the goddamn hotline and get the fuckin guns out of the house. i'm fuckin sick of losing people to hopelessness man

:smith:

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"

Light Gun Man posted:

i want a fuckin doom house dvd

or an iso is fine too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwBIveDCXv8

pliable
Sep 26, 2003

Fun Shoe

Napolean Bonerfarts posted:

It's not over until GameQuoter posts here

The people need you, GameQuoter

OMGVBFLOL posted:

god dammit you fuckers if you find yourself contemplating suicide call a friend and ask for help, or call your drat kids and tell em you love em, or get a fuckin therapist, or go to goddamn aa, or find jesus, or at least call the goddamn hotline and get the fuckin guns out of the house. i'm fuckin sick of losing people to hopelessness man

:smith:

And it just seems to be accelerating too. poo poo is all hosed

BITCHTITS
Oct 22, 2003

Perry'd

pliable posted:

This same feeling started when Norm Macdonald passed and now just continues. So many familiar names/people are dying. It feels like it's accelerated, or something. Or like you said, strange, and sad, and weird

its because we are old and we are next

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

:rip:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

BITCHTITS posted: