Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I got the GTA remastered trilogy on Xbox and yeah, spend your money elsewhere

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

im going to play yhe trilogy, on pc

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Yeah it is blowing my mind that anyone find’s these character models acceptable substitutes for the originals. Just bonkers. Truly some of the ugliest looking remasters I’ve ever seen.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

i find them acceptabnle. what now, going ot kill me?

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Stux posted:

i find them acceptabnle. what now, going ot kill me?

please dont engage with bust rodd

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

I picked up a Split Pad Pro today at Walmart, let's see if it's as good as everyone raves about. It looks comically oversized on my Switch, none of the pictures I'd seen prepared me for how thick this controller is in comparison to the Switch unit.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

They look like poo poo I think, but in a good way

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Commander Keene posted:

I picked up a Split Pad Pro today at Walmart, let's see if it's as good as everyone raves about. It looks comically oversized on my Switch, none of the pictures I'd seen prepared me for how thick this controller is in comparison to the Switch unit.

its so good. rests so great in your hands

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Bust Rodd posted:

FF8 is the only video game so boring that your party members pass out due to boredom multiple times

That was the first game where I made the deliberate decision to stop playing because I wasn't having fun. And I may've still been in middle school at the time.

Mister Facetious posted:

They literally get amnesia cause they spam guardian force attacks as a story point :haw:

I also stopped using summons almost immediately because of how long the animations took.

So really FF8 was a great game because it taught me to value my time.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

The split pad pro looks pretty cool but it does bug me that it doesn't have rumble

tensai
May 8, 2007

Just trying to keep my boyfriend away from that redheaded harlot.

tensai posted:

I'm excited to play it again. Or at least do what I've done multiple times on multiple platforms, play through tutorial area and then realize I hate the combat and move on with my life. Really a shame I don't like that game more. But I purchased, nonetheless.

Trip update: made it through the tutorial. Terribly bored by the combat and clunky menus. Maybe some year, it will click with me.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

John Wick of Dogs posted:

The split pad pro looks pretty cool but it does bug me that it doesn't have rumble

that does suck i agree but you get like abn extra 3 hours before your hands cramp and die

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Barreft posted:

that does suck i agree but you get like abn extra 3 hours before your hands cramp and die

Now a days I mostly actually use tabletop mode thanks to the improved kickstand

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

I honestly could not care less about rumble; I'm more likely to miss the gyro. But the Split Pad Pro supposedly has a much better D-Pad and games generally don't need both a good D-Pad and gyro at the same time, so it should be fine.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Plus you can always switch for different games lol

It's not like youre soldering in the split pad

Split Pad/Satisfye/Pro Controller elite gamer here

23 Skidoo
Dec 21, 2006
Speaking of the Split Pad Pro, I bought some Binbok rgb knock-offs from Nyxi Gaming, and I love them.

Bought KOTOR, have never played, hopefully the combat isn't as poo poo as some of you make out.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Commander Keene posted:

I honestly could not care less about rumble; I'm more likely to miss the gyro. But the Split Pad Pro supposedly has a much better D-Pad and games generally don't need both a good D-Pad and gyro at the same time, so it should be fine.

In handheld games are supposed to use the gyro in the actual switch unit anyway

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Thanks goons for reminding me that FF8 has the worst story ever created in video game history. It had it firmly out of my mind for years.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

23 Skidoo posted:

Speaking of the Split Pad Pro, I bought some Binbok rgb knock-offs from Nyxi Gaming, and I love them.

Bought KOTOR, have never played, hopefully the combat isn't as poo poo as some of you make out.

its hard to explain but the binboks have a large base like where your ring/pinky is at, it's kinda uncomfortable for me so I've stuck to the Split Pad which goes from top thick to thin at the bottom of the grips. like the bottoms are quite bulbous on the binboks.

horny controller chat here sry

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Stux posted:

im going to play yhe trilogy, on pc

Look at this traitor

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Barreft posted:

Plus you can always switch for different games lol

It's not like youre soldering in the split pad

Split Pad/Satisfye/Pro Controller elite gamer here
That's basically what I was saying; most games that use gyro are 3D games with first-person aiming modes and you generally don't need the D-Pad, and most games that need the D-Pad are 2D and either retro or retro-styled and don't use gyro for anything important, so switching (:rimshot: ) out seems quite doable.

John Wick of Dogs posted:

In handheld games are supposed to use the gyro in the actual switch unit anyway
From what I've heard, "supposed to" and "actually does" are two different things.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Took a pic:

Binboks the top one, its just uncomfortable

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

i think its "actually does' because the lite doesnt have joycons and every motion game thaht isnt specifically 2 games that require docked w joycons work

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

I have Quake, and I use the Split Pad, and the gyro is fantastic

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Kirios posted:

Thanks goons for reminding me that FF8 has the worst story ever created in video game history. It had it firmly out of my mind for years.

Oh, the FF8 story only really opens up on replay once you know to look out for the signs of the time fuckery from the ending.

The game is about the sunk cost fallacy.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Bust Rodd posted:

Yeah it is blowing my mind that anyone find’s these character models acceptable substitutes for the originals. Just bonkers. Truly some of the ugliest looking remasters I’ve ever seen.

but like, I kind of like the charm of it? Like I don't mind old graphics if the gameplay is still there, and controls modern. It has a certain charm. If I can go on rampages, pick up hookers, and pretend for 15 minutes after long days I'm 14 years old again at a buddy's house, that's a solid bit of nostalgia. It's utterly juvenile in the best way, when people thought GTA was actually what was wrong with kids these days.

Boy did they have no clue where the whole world was headed.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Stux posted:

i think its "actually does' because the lite doesnt have joycons and every motion game thaht isnt specifically 2 games that require docked w joycons work
Just tested Breath of the Wild with the SPP and gyro doesn't work, so maybe the Lite does things differently or still has the Joycon gyros or something. :shrug:

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

for botw gyro worked on my lite but it was v hard to do the gyro shrines cause i had to turn the whole console around and i couldn't see the screen :(

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Just tried twitch. Wow with these Sony playstation headphones on(USB dongle in switch dock), it really does feel like Amouranth is whispering right in your ear. I swear you can feel her breath. What an amazing technology.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

never thought I’d live the day to see not one, not two, but three GTA games on a Nintendo console.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
No midnight release for SMTV. Life is cruel

tensai
May 8, 2007

Just trying to keep my boyfriend away from that redheaded harlot.
What's the best alternative to the satisfye pro grip for the SWOLED?

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Split pad pro lol

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Wow this World Ends with You game is pretty cool but the controls suck!

When I have two different pins equipped how do I pick which one I'm using?

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

tensai posted:

What's the best alternative to the satisfye pro grip for the SWOLED?

The Skull & Co NeoGrip. It ships from China and takes a literal month to get here because they offer nothing higher than their version of economy shipping. But it is a nice grip. I use it on my SWOLED and it's nice, but something about the asymmetrical positioning of the Satisfye one is perfect.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
If this is for Final Remix, each pin uses a different kind of input, which you should see on the screen where you equip your pins. Slash pins you swipe along the screen, tap pins you tap the enemy, etc. If multiple pins use the same input then the leftmost one will be used first until the gauge empties, then the it goes to the next pin to the right. You can also set it up to have 'main' pins and 'sub' pins and from what I remember the sub pins will only activate if you hold the sub-pin button in the bottom corner (handheld) or if you press X (joycons)
On the DS version you could just hold L or R to use sub pins

If it's NEO, uh each pin uses a button and you press that button to use the pin.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

YggiDee posted:

If this is for Final Remix, each pin uses a different kind of input, which you should see on the screen where you equip your pins. Slash pins you swipe along the screen, tap pins you tap the enemy, etc. If multiple pins use the same input then the leftmost one will be used first until the gauge empties, then the it goes to the next pin to the right. You can also set it up to have 'main' pins and 'sub' pins and from what I remember the sub pins will only activate if you hold the sub-pin button in the bottom corner (handheld) or if you press X (joycons)
On the DS version you could just hold L or R to use sub pins

If it's NEO, uh each pin uses a button and you press that button to use the pin.

Yeah I was having trouble with the telekinesis tutorial because both flame and telekinesis use drag, but even after using all my flame, dragging an item to fling it didn't seem to do anything. I really gotta play this is handheld I think.

But another thing, some attacks are taps, some partner attacks are taps also. You're supposed to alternate between your attacks and your partners... How?

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I think you might have to either set all of your tap pins to sub-pins or forego tap pins with that partner. I can't help you as much here because OG TWEWY was fantastic and the Switch port just can't handle the controls.

Edit: handheld helps because it's closer to how it used to work but Switch styluses feel really unwieldy for how precise the original was and using your finger will end up blocking the screen with your hand half the time.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
More Vice City impressions:

- Fun on a bun still

- I'm playing Vice City on a big luxurious handheld screen (not OLED)

- environment is perfectly fine

- every detail of the jankiness and weird physics is still there (good)

- the fat characters are absolutely comicly bad, just completely awful like drawings done by little kids

- Fernando still owns

If you're on the fence or broke definitely wait for a sale because there's nothing "definitive" about this. It's just a weird plug-in smoothing textures and making certain character models look extremely hilariously wonky. If you're going to buy it anyway and have $60, eh, do it. I'm having a ton of fun playing Vice City again, and in handheld.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
Just got back from my friend's show and I can't play my stupid new monster catching RPG

Atlus you ASSHOLES why are you doing this to me? Fascist fucks