Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Augus posted:

when did it suddenly become popular to poo poo on banjo tooie
that game owned

since around may 29 2015 apparently

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

lol

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Man Hole Poopy.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

lol

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

lol

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

Augus posted:

that game owned

it has always loving sucked op

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D

lol

i tried playing through tooie after kazooie earlier this year and it's so much worse than i remembered as a kid, i think i got up to grunty industries and gave up

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

absolutely anything posted:

it has always loving sucked op

this isnt even a classic imp zone rare ware own, i still like bk a lot, tooie has always been dogshit

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
There's a not insignificant population of people out there who think that Banjo Kazooie is better than Mario 64.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

this isnt even a classic imp zone rare ware own, i still like bk a lot, tooie has always been dogshit

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
i didnt play either banjo or tooie until they came out on 360, i enjoyed banjo a lot, was looking forward to tooie and just fuckin hated it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

American McGay posted:

There's a not insignificant population of people out there who think that Banjo Kazooie is better than Mario 64.

They're right. And ModNation Racers is better than Mario Kart Wii.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

yeah. bk is a cool gamr and tooie is garbage. too big, too slow, too much going on

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

you could turn into a dinosaur, game ruled

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I loved Banjo Tooie when I was 8 but I also was and still am heavily retarded. I’m sure if I played even a half hour of it today I’d hate it.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

American McGay posted:

banjo kazooie was my first n64 game so i love it the most other than maybe smash bros 64

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Tooie is still better than dk64. but I'd not play either nowadays

right arm
Oct 30, 2011

scary ghost dog posted:

banjo kazooie was my first n64 game so i love it the most other than maybe smash bros 64

my mom beat it before I ever did due to me being scared of clankers cavern or whatever lol so it holds a special place in my heart

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Tooie is bad. I don't even really think Kazooie is that good these days.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

It's far from a perfect game but I kinda like tooie, it did a lot of things that were pretty unique for the genre at the time, like subworlds that were interconnected with each other or straight up shifting to an fps for a couple of jiggies. If every collectible in the game wasn't such a slog to get it would have a lot in common with Odyssey.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Augus posted:

that game owned

i've never played it but its bad. simple as

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Banjo Kazooie is one of my favorite games, but Tooie was… eh. It’s nowhere near as good but has some stuff I liked. Overall it’s a slog though, Both times I played it I never bothered getting past Grunty Industries. I’d take it over DK64 though.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
I loved tooie as a kid and have some pretty fond memories, but whenever I finish replaying kazooie, I never feel like I need more, and tooie is nothing but "more"

I finally tried replaying it last year, and I got maybe an hour in before realizing I had no idea what I was doing
which might have been my fault, I was playing during a zoom meeting and only half paying attention, but idk it just felt like way too much

there's jiggy wiggy and the jinjo king and bottles dies and you meet his family, and he's replaced with jamjars, but also his ghost is there, and gruntilda's got these two other evil witch pals now and mumbo jumbo's back but now he's in a rivalry with sassy mumbo jumbo and you've got to collect poo poo for both of them and jinjos are back but now there's also "glowbos" and gently caress god do I have to check out every one of these loving jinjo houses

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Cubone posted:

there's jiggy wiggy and the jinjo king and bottles dies and you meet his family, and he's replaced with jamjars, but also his ghost is there, and gruntilda's got these two other evil witch pals now and mumbo jumbo's back but now he's in a rivalry with sassy mumbo jumbo and you've got to collect poo poo for both of them and jinjos are back but now there's also "glowbos" and gently caress god do I have to check out every one of these loving jinjo houses

This sentence should be enough to lock someone up in prison for life

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

That Little Demon posted:

I can't help what rare did to me

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Cubone posted:

Sounds like I gotta check out the Eternals!

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

NienNunb posted:

I loved Banjo Tooie when I was 8 but I also was and still am heavily retarded. I’m sure if I played even a half hour of it today I’d hate it.

Yeah Tooie was the only one I owned for some reason (rented BK a few times and got about halfway through). I finally played BK through when I was 20 or so and really enjoyed it, it held up well, and I was excited to get to Tooie and replay one of my old favourite games. It was one of the most depressing experiences of my life and I was in law school at the time

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Agreed, turn Great Britain into a prison island

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Knuc U Kinte posted:

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Lol