Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

Is there any way to recreate a save automatically with new mods? Like create a new character and then batch issue console commands to add items, set quest stages, etc

I mean, I'm sure that there is... but the likelihood of that breaking literally everything in the game is really loving high. Bethesda games, and especially their scripting, is held together with hopes and prayers and little else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
If you start a new game this is a badass alternate start mod, works great with VR too:

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/18223

has some ways to get you started with certain things, and the main quest skips the entire intro: all you need to do is talk to the yarl in dragonsreach to start the main questline after helgen

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Looks like there is a preliminary build of SKSE out already. Bethesda gave them early access so they could work on it and try to get it out ahead of time.

e: https://www.reddit.com/r/skyrimmods/comments/qrepbn/pc_sse_skse64_210_preliminary_release/

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Gonkish posted:

I mean, I'm sure that there is... but the likelihood of that breaking literally everything in the game is really loving high. Bethesda games, and especially their scripting, is held together with hopes and prayers and little else.

It just works™

Edit: happy birthday Skyrim

Guillermus fucked around with this message at 09:07 on Nov 11, 2021

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Wiltsghost posted:

Looks like there is a preliminary build of SKSE out already. Bethesda gave them early access so they could work on it and try to get it out ahead of time.
e: https://www.reddit.com/r/skyrimmods/comments/qrepbn/pc_sse_skse64_210_preliminary_release/
Keep in mind that NVSE plugins made for SE won't work on AE. Those still need to be updated.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

According to this changelog, the CC quests have now been changed to no longer start immediately upon exiting Helgen.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

That's probably a good thing. One of the best mods for CC stuff on the Nexus did nothing but make them start like normal quests (i.e., you find a book in the world and it starts the quest).

Looks like they also updated several of the existing CC releases to fix things, or add QoL. They even went ahead and finally made blood potions act as feeding for vamps natively. Holy moly, Bethesda, did you just... do the work for modders for once? :allears:

Gonkish fucked around with this message at 11:14 on Nov 11, 2021

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
I know its AE day and all but I am really vibing with the new project impact mod. Hitting NPCs hard enough so that they can be staggered is dope.

Tzarnal
Dec 26, 2011

Vokriinator Blacks whole idea is just dumb, its a terrible concept, if you told me you were going to do that i'd say you shouldn't because its a design nightmare, too many perks, impossible to balance, terrible to install, etc. And its all true.

I installed it weeks ago, I love this horrific chimera perk mod and I will not be going back.

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

How to block Steam's update notification

Exit Steam. Go to the drive where SSE is installed's \steamapps\ folder. Find appmanifest_489830.acf and rename it to appmanifest_489830.acf.hidden or whatever. Steam will no longer know SSE is installed and won't show the AE update in your downloads. You can still launch SSE while Steam is running through SKSE's launcher or MO2/Vortex. Rename it back once all your favorite mod's SKSE *.dlls are updated and tested on AE.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Gyoru posted:

Exit Steam. Go to the drive where SSE is installed's \steamapps\ folder. Find appmanifest_489830.acf and rename it to appmanifest_489830.acf.hidden or whatever. Steam will no longer know SSE is installed and won't show the AE update in your downloads. You can still launch SSE while Steam is running through SKSE's launcher or MO2/Vortex. Rename it back once all your favorite mod's SKSE *.dlls are updated and tested on AE.

Thank you! my inner sperg didn't like having Skyrim as not scheduled download pending.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

Gyoru posted:

Phew. I was briefly afraid I might accidentally update my install at some point in the future :v:

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Pontificating rear end posted:

If you start a new game this is a badass alternate start mod, works great with VR too:

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/18223

has some ways to get you started with certain things, and the main quest skips the entire intro: all you need to do is talk to the yarl in dragonsreach to start the main questline after helgen
Thanks I would check this out but I'm on Elysium and I assume that adding any mod to it will just break everything. At least it has the alternate start mod everyone uses where you wake up in a cell with a statue of Mara who asks you how you'd like to start, which I also kinda like

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Figured this was the case but decided to test it, you can just copy all the bsa/esl/esm/esp etc... files from AE to a SE install and they work.

Not tested for the base game / dlc stuff just the CC content.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
gently caress I need to get all my mods downloaded :byodood:

drat, wanted to give vokriinator black a try but apparently it crashes VR, even if you use a mod that allows more perks to show up in the VR menu :saddumb:

Leal fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Nov 11, 2021

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

So there's now a backpatcher for Skyrim AE that will return the .exe to the last SE version if you have accidentally updated, thereby allowing SKSE and associated mods to work once again. I can't recall the name but the post is on the skyrimmods subreddit. Might be relevant for anyone who forgot about the AE release and suddenly found their mods non-functional.

SKSE might not take as long to get fully updated as previously thought. There's that preliminary beta release for AE that's out already, which provides basic functionality for stuff like SkyUI, and I guess Bethesda is working with the SKSE team to help them with the process? Which is cool and kind of nuts to me. Hopefully they can get things running sooner than we all thought and the various mods with bespoke code that depend on SKSE as a base can be updated.

I think stuff like Quick Loot RE is doomed, though, unless someone else picks up that mod (the source is apparently up on github), since that author has since burnt out, unfortunately.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I grabbed Gardden's perk tree, it has SPERG, Ordinator and Path of Sorcery and just :lol:

:lmao:

Then I found this mod that was released yesterday, it lets you put a temporary enchantment on your weapon with the spell in your other hand

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/58023

This can even enchant bound weapons. For right now its just fire/ice/lightning spells, but the modder plans to let more spell types work. You use a power to do this... but if you're in VR, you can just grab your weapon with your spell hand to pass the enchantment over.

E: Holy poo poo, I just realized. The grab your sword thing means you can half sword in Skyrim :allears:

E2: Oh god the mod page doesn't fully explain what each perk does... or even tell you what perks are in for the majority of the fighter trees

Leal fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Nov 11, 2021

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

Gonkish posted:

So there's now a backpatcher for Skyrim AE that will return the .exe to the last SE version if you have accidentally updated, thereby allowing SKSE and associated mods to work once again. I can't recall the name but the post is on the skyrimmods subreddit. Might be relevant for anyone who forgot about the AE release and suddenly found their mods non-functional.

SKSE might not take as long to get fully updated as previously thought. There's that preliminary beta release for AE that's out already, which provides basic functionality for stuff like SkyUI, and I guess Bethesda is working with the SKSE team to help them with the process? Which is cool and kind of nuts to me. Hopefully they can get things running sooner than we all thought and the various mods with bespoke code that depend on SKSE as a base can be updated.

I think stuff like Quick Loot RE is doomed, though, unless someone else picks up that mod (the source is apparently up on github), since that author has since burnt out, unfortunately.

Apparently Bethesda gave the SKSE devs an early copy of AE to play around with which is why it's been updating so fast, and from the sounds of it a good chunk of mods might not even need to be updated if/when SKSE starts working with AE.
Some still will, of course, and yeah if the mod author isn't willing to do it, it's probably screwed unless you go back to LE/Oldrim.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
For the fellas who have played with imperious by enai, I need a little bit of help. I am running an helf paladin with alteration for buffing myself. What spells do I put in Contingency to proc for more sustaining power? I don't have fus ro dah for CC and a lot of times enemies gang up on me, hit me and stunlock me.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Tankbuster posted:

For the fellas who have played with imperious by enai, I need a little bit of help. I am running an helf paladin with alteration for buffing myself. What spells do I put in Contingency to proc for more sustaining power? I don't have fus ro dah for CC and a lot of times enemies gang up on me, hit me and stunlock me.

1) Are you also using Apocalypse?
2) What are the conditions available for contingency? never played a high elf in Skyrim.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
1. Yes
2. I don't remember. There's one where you cast a spell while drawing weapons, 3 different ones when health magicka and stamina fall to 25%

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Here's a handy resource for seeing what's been updated or is already working: https://modding.wiki/en/skyrim/users/skse-plugins

Right now pretty much everything on that list isn't working because, like, you know, it's not even been 24 hours. Once SKSE gets fully updated, I'm pretty sure that list will fill out relatively quickly.

EDIT: Also, the back patcher I mentioned if you absolutely cannot wait for SKSE to get updated: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/57618?tab=description (no idea how this works in relation to the new stuff introduced in AE).

Gonkish fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Nov 12, 2021

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?
So are we calling Oldrim Ancientrim now, and LE is the new Oldrim? Or is it Oldoldrim and Newoldrim?

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

I think it's Ancient Nord Skyrim -> Steel Skyrim -> Elven Skyrim.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Oldrim > Skyrim > Anirim

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLu0jkt7LPM

Also look at this sweet rear end trailer for a mod that will probably take another 10 years to be finished.

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

Unsurprisingly Arthmoor has updated USSEP for the AE already, so don’t update that if you’re sticking to SE for now.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Helith posted:

Unsurprisingly Arthmoor has updated USSEP for the AE already, so don’t update that if you’re sticking to SE for now.

Let me guess: He also removed the previous version, and demands that everyone updates if they want to use it.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Seems SKSE mods aren't the only mods that will need updating.

From the texture cleanup project:
    I think this mod needs an update. Why?

They added new meshes and textures which they integrated in the already present bsa archives instead adding another "Skyrim - TexturesX.bsa".
    If you know let the cleaned .bsa overwrite those files (via ModOrganizer or similar) it will still work with everything existing before but the game won't find the textures for the new stuff. In best case you just have blank meshes, in worst case your game will crash.

For example my main menu logo is only a mesh now because they updated its texture.

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

Leal posted:

Let me guess: He also removed the previous version, and demands that everyone updates if they want to use it.

yep, only the latest version available

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Helith posted:

That's our Arthmoor!

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

According to the author of the Lucien follower mod, scripts appear to be running way faster on Anniversary Edition, to the point that it can cause issues unless mods are updated with it in mind.

Joseph Russel posted:

Hi, I'm the author of Lucien and I've just updated my mod to fix a nasty crash that appeared for me and my users with today's update. It was coming from my patchless interaction system, which checks the player's mods when they load the game and fills aliases with NPCs from other mods, such as Inigo. With today's update, this was causing players' games to sometimes crash on loading saves.

It was a bit inconsistent, and worse for some reason when using Alternate start. After some digging through my papyrus logs, I theorised that what was happening was the script was running faster than it used to. This meant that when the player loaded the game, Inigo's esp was detected, so the game tried to grab his reference to put into the alias. However, as the script was running so fast, Inigo's reference hadn't had time to load, so the script was attempting to fill the alias with a NULL, causing a crash.

I can't know for sure whether this was indeed the cause, but I fixed it by adding a 3 second delay to the mod checker script, giving all references time to load before my script ran, and the fixed version is now available as v1.6.3 on Lucien's download pages. I'm not an expert on programming by any means, but I thought I'd share the story here though in case similar issues affect any other mods. Certainly anything using similar scripts that run on loading the game should double check this isn't happening to them. Perhaps someone with more extensive programming experience could dig into this more and confirm what exactly has changed?

TLDR: Scripts appear to run faster on AE and may now try to run before their targets have even loaded, causing crashes. So keep an eye out!

Maybe this is a result of the updated compiler?

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

welp never updating to AE

https://www.reddit.com/r/skyrimmods/comments/qs1yj2/engine_fixes_wont_be_updated_to_ae/

engine fixes and other performance mods are crucial for playability in heavily modded setups

edit: all of the updated official .esm and CC .esl will work on the old .exe like mentioned earlier in the thread
https://www.reddit.com/r/skyrimmods/comments/qs1tf5/teardown_of_the_16318_aepocalypse_update/

Gyoru fucked around with this message at 14:03 on Nov 12, 2021

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Helith posted:

WTF? Though because of the recent Nexus changes, you just need to find a link to the old version to get it.

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

There's a lot of talk that you can update your game and then put the SE exe back in and have everything work, i.e. you get the new stuff and get to keep compatibility with the SE SkSE and all your mods.
I haven't personally done this yet but it's being talked about on reddit and various modding discords.
There's also tools to downgrade your install if you accidentally upgrade.

dbzfandiego
Sep 17, 2011
Apparently the new content also works in the SE version. So time to go fishing i guess?

https://www.reddit.com/r/skyrimmods/comments/qs4gyy/new_creation_club_content_in_skyrim_ae_works_in/

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

dbzfandiego posted:

Apparently the new content also works in the SE version. So time to go fishing i guess?

https://www.reddit.com/r/skyrimmods/comments/qs4gyy/new_creation_club_content_in_skyrim_ae_works_in/

This means it also works for the VR version too?

dbzfandiego
Sep 17, 2011

KakerMix posted:

This means it also works for the VR version too?

Who knows at this point this entire AE update is a bigger mess than I could have imagined. Fitting for such a broken game. But I would not be surprised.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Rinkles posted:

WTF? Though because of the recent Nexus changes, you just need to find a link to the old version to get it.

Archived pre-AE version of USSEP if anyone needs it:

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/266?tab=files&file_id=209150

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Enai has made a statement regarding the more questionable things he's said in the past (promoting bombing immigrant boats etc).

Enai Saion posted:

I don't know why I have this account, I apparently made it a few years ago for some reason.

Skyrim is 10 years old, and what a rollercoaster it has been.

I did a lot of very stupid poo poo in the past few years, for which I want to apologise. The reddit hate speech, the aggressiveness and frustration, and the flamewars. Dealing with my issues by being destructive towards other people was not the right thing to do, it only hurt many awesome people I never wanted to hurt and did not even solve the underlying issue, it just built up a snowball of cynicism. I needed to fix this, both for them and for myself.

I'm sorry for all of this. 😥 What is done is done, but the future is a blank canvas, and I'll be a better person going forwards.

Taking a break from Enairim did put the relative importance of things into perspective. As the saying goes, the real Creation Club are the friends I made along the way - the people who cared about me, who PM'ed me when I was down, who gave honest feedback, warned me that I was going off the cliff (and whose bridges I probably burned lately). I chased clout until it wrecked me and never stopped to enjoy your company. 🤍 I miss you.

I will update Enairim to fix bugs, may make a small mod here and there, but am prioritising finding happiness and expanding my horizons to get out of the incel death loop and hope to see you awesome people again in a much better mental state with Starfield. Until then, have a hug. 🤗