Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lock
Aug 8, 2007

hardcore sound gets you hypah

Y’know, I feel for you as a friend of his.

But it hurts that you just totally ignored the ways in which an admitted genius, a man I supported for over a decade, in the end showed how he had turned into a monster.

I mourned the death of who I thought Lowtax was a year ago. I mourn the pain he’s inflicted on the children he’s left behind now.

What happened to that caring, supportive father who literally shrugged off being pissed on? Why couldn’t he shoulder that burden for her now?

I agree that despite what many on the Internet say, SA was (and is) by far more a positive than a negative. I think the paid-forums, mods-free-to-ban-shitlords style is what kept these forums so much better than, say, reddit, even today. And I am sincerely, genuinely sorry you lost such a unique friend.

But let’s not pretend that, in the end, he was a good person who deep down was a caring father. A caring father would still be around for his kids.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
i told jeff earlier this morning specifically not to hit anyone, i think he took it to heart so we're good

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Plinkey posted:

i told jeff earlier this morning specifically not to hit anyone, i think he took it to heart so we're good

Now if only he could stop trafficking Ukrainian prostitutes

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Empty Sandwich posted:

but but but that's invariably a juice blend

mine isnt. and my juice aint for sale

hodl on im gonna find a picture of my bushes. you can plant them on lowtax grave and we can come up with some enourmously pretensious meaning for it. together, as a forumn

Peter Daou Zen
Apr 6, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

haha hey bud whats lowtax with you???

this is like a funeral parlor where we all mill about

Ihki
Dec 28, 2005
Hiik

Plinkey posted:

enough about lowtax, what about the rest of the forums?

It's pretty relevant in discussing his legacy to suppose that maybe Lowtax was the quintessential goon because he was toxic, broken and abusive, just like many of the celebrators. Most of us have grown up, of course, that's what people do. It's just not so obvious where you see the same bullies doing the same things as fifteen years ago, just in a different arrangement. If calls for empathy and reflection (starting from myself) are a big problem for you, I luckily don't have much more to say :cheers:

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Free Fupa Snake.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

All these olds showing up complaining about how bad the site is now sure haven’t seen this pig’s huge balls.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Phlegmish posted:

not gunna lie, i got accused of human trafficking because of some insane people on this forum

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

why is some idiot trying to humanize lowtax with a bunch of ~heart eyes~ texts about how much of a hero he was -- to them -- when they were a teenager

like you cannot take yourself seriously, can you?

my god, log off.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

Good Sphere posted:

We’re close friends, and he actually has been stressed af. He has PTSD with any sight of masks (which he is public about), which has completely shattered the possibility of getting a job. Working at home is not an option to him. And don’t say he’s making up excuses. I know very well these things are real to him. I highly suggest everyone donating to Ulillillia’s Patreon so that he can survive until this is all over. Whatever you think about him, just know he’s an extremely good person with high moral standards, and would never compromise this in the least. I find that’s hard to come by.

He made it clear to me his fears of driving back to ND, because he does not know how he’d eat at a restaurant, or enter a public bathroom without a mask.

https://www.patreon.com/ulillillia

infinitely more deserving of SA's pocket change than the taxman ever was

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Plinkey posted:

not gunna lie, i got accused of human trafficking because of some insane people on this forum

that is a lie. there were further reasons involved

wynott dunn
Aug 9, 2006

What is to be done?

Who or what can challenge, and stand a chance at beating, the corporate juggernauts dominating the world?

Phlegmish posted:

Why accumulate bitcoins otherwise?

Beyond salvaging the forums

Captain Charisma
Nov 10, 2021

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Good.

I will promote the site in a community-first sort of way, but I'm certainly not going to do so in service to my own ego or clout. I'd rather just quietly make the site good and try and make jokes now and then, I don't need to be an internet star. This is easily the best website on the whole stupid internet and I can only hope to share that with more people as time marches on.

qft, many thanks jeff

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020

Warbird posted:

All these olds showing up complaining about how bad the site is now sure haven’t seen this pig’s huge balls.

SomethingAwful was never good OP

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 220 days!

GolfHole posted:

why is some idiot trying to humanize lowtax with a bunch of ~heart eyes~ texts about how much of a hero he was -- to them -- when they were a teenager

my god, log off.

they were sort of soaking in the attention they've been getting. but a friend of theirs did just kill himself.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Warbird posted:

I have not seen these wondrous, legendary balls you speak of, friend.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Plinkey posted:

well I told him to hit YOU

on your HEAD and rear end

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020
Folks this is our chance to rebrand to SomethingAwesome. Or also Meta.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Ihki posted:

It's pretty relevant in discussing his legacy to suppose that maybe Lowtax was the quintessential goon because he was toxic, broken and abusive, just like many of the celebrators. Most of us have grown up, of course, that's what people do. It's just not so obvious where you see the same bullies doing the same things as fifteen years ago, just in a different arrangement. If calls for empathy and reflection (starting from myself) are a big problem for you, I luckily don't have much more to say :cheers:

i get what you're saying, and can see it, it's like blaming Einstein and Openhienmer for creating the a-bomb, when he just had the idea and his minions and followers carried it out, who is to blame?

the mastermind or the engineers that did the work?

the crew that dropped the bombs?

the generals that called for it?

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 220 days!

Saoshyant posted:

I have not seen these wondrous, legendary balls you speak of, friend.

someone post it; it is the most fitting tribute of all

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Hodgepodge posted:

they were sort of soaking in the attention they've been getting. but a friend of theirs did just kill himself.

life is like a box of chocolates

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

lollontee posted:

that is a lie. there were further reasons involved

lol wut

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

bird with big dick posted:

Free Fupa Snake.

No thank you.

Peter Daou Zen
Apr 6, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
it's normal to feel ~something~ when somebody dies

my grandfather was physically abusive to his daughters but they all felt something when he died, hell even ~guilt~ that THEY felt bad for mourning an abusive person.

mourning is hard.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 220 days!
looks like I have to do it myself cowards

NSFW as this is a picture of a pigs balls and the pig is making GBS threads

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

thank you

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

bird with big dick posted:

Free Fupa Snake.

go talk to MY WIFE!

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

its ok to feel things but this isnt the place to do it!!!!

wynott dunn
Aug 9, 2006

What is to be done?

Who or what can challenge, and stand a chance at beating, the corporate juggernauts dominating the world?
woah get a load of the balls on that pig

Lock
Aug 8, 2007

hardcore sound gets you hypah

LordSaturn posted:

infinitely more deserving of SA's pocket change than the taxman ever was

Agreed, though the patreon in op is to the kids he abandoned

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Richard’s NFTs have skyrocketed in value and I wisely cornered the market shortly after his most recent spinal explosion I now have enough money to buy the forums from Jeffrey

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

GolfHole posted:

my god, log off.

StrangersInTheNight posted:

Lowtax's next mark posting in his memorial thread is a real fitting eulogy, imo

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

no what

ZentraediElite
Oct 22, 2002

People sure do process tragic events in a lot of different and interesting ways.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Dang, those balls are definitively huge.

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020
staring hauntingly into the bathroom mirror and saying 'Mangosteen' three times

LoonyLeif
Jul 17, 2001

You know, if Dave Thomas is really dead, then how does he keep coming out with all these new sandwiches?
If you are just waking up, you missed our own narcissistic Glenn Greenwald dropping select screen caps showing intimate, private thoughts from their admitted childhood hero.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

do you have any idea who i am?