Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pendragon
Jun 18, 2003

HE'S WATCHING YOU
We did it everyone. Well done.

(now keep it going like everyone said before)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

E_Motion posted:

I did a thing

(ignore the weird language k)

Nice

Pendragon
Jun 18, 2003

HE'S WATCHING YOU
If his children are reading this thread in the future: sorry we're such immature toddlers giggling at the funny digits.

That all said, lol the sex and drug number.

Bruce Boxlicker
Jul 26, 2004

Fun Shoe
:10bux: for you, :10bux: for you, :10bux: for evveeerryyybody! Seriously I hope it helps them though.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

E_Motion posted:

I did a thing

gedoneerd

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

:nice:

Dexanth
Dec 4, 2003

The last thing an ice cream cone ever sees
The beautiful meme number makes me smile

I am also delighted to know it will go even higher

Tossed in a :10bux: for each kid when it was around 30k so delighted to see it has doubled, things like this make me glad this community exists; sometimes Goons are awesome and I hope it helps his family.

And to those who've been helping them for years, thank you for stepping up to aid those in need

CeramicPig
Oct 9, 2012

E_Motion posted:

I did a thing

High quality goonery

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

For being a bunch of internet weirdos goons really do pull together for important causes better than any other group of internet weirdos I can think of.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

To be fair the next number to achieve is $696,969, just saying. Still this is really nice to see my first thought on the news was "I hope his kids are okay", I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not but I'm glad for this outpouring.

I have a question and sorry if it was answered earlier but will this fund-raiser be going for awhile? I live on welfare and don't get my next pay until Tuesday but I really want to at least throw in a tenner.

Assless Chaps
May 7, 2007

*ding*
Clapping Larry
Threw in $50 for the kids. I'm so sorry for your loss, girls.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Donated :10bux::10bux: for the kids

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

E_Motion posted:

I did a thing

Goon of the highest order.

Future kids, this is how it's done ^^^.

*sending extra hugs*

e: f*cking yikes

VVVVV

ilovebeersooomuch fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Nov 12, 2021

MegaGatts
Dec 12, 2004

The Enteroctopus dofleini, also known as the giant Pacific octopus (GPO) or North Pacific giant octopus, is a large marine cephalopod belonging to the phylum Mollusca and is tripping balls.
So is this money going into a trust for the girls when they hit 18 or is it going to the moms directly? Just handing two people 90k or whatever basically assures that money's getting blown in a year or less. If there's some kind of legally enforceable mechanism that can be provided to ensure that money is being squared away for the kids I'll drop $100.

Heads up to all the goons donating, don't cancel your Christmas to buy another hotdog stand. This poo poo needs to be enforceable or you're just throwing your money away. I can't believe I have to say this here, apparently in the last 7 years since I visited people forgot, but never trust anyone on the internet with money.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

MegaGatts posted:

So is this money going into a trust for the girls when they hit 18 or is it going to the moms directly? Just handing two people 90k or whatever basically assures that money's getting blown in a year or less. If there's some kind of legally enforceable mechanism that can be provided to ensure that money is being squared away for the kids I'll drop $100.

Heads up to all the goons donating, don't cancel your Christmas to buy another hotdog stand. This poo poo needs to be enforceable or you're just throwing your money away. I can't believe I have to say this here, apparently in the last 7 years since I visited people forgot, but never trust anyone on the internet with money.

lmao legally enforceable. shut up nerd.

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting

MegaGatts posted:

Quit bellyaching you means-tested dummy.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

MegaGatts posted:

If you're that worried about what happens to your donation, you probably shouldn't be donating it.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:

MegaGatts posted:

:goonsay:

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

Spudd posted:

To be fair the next number to achieve is $696,969 $420,069

ftfy

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Silly goose, you're here forever.

MegaGatts posted:

:frogout:

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

I could've gone to Blatherwycke

MegaGatts posted:

Doobie saga was great content I'll have you know.

MegaGatts
Dec 12, 2004

The Enteroctopus dofleini, also known as the giant Pacific octopus (GPO) or North Pacific giant octopus, is a large marine cephalopod belonging to the phylum Mollusca and is tripping balls.

There Bias Two posted:

If you're that worried about what happens to your donation, you probably shouldn't be donating it.

Sorry, if I give money to kids I kinda want it to go to kids, and not something else. In a year when it comes out that the entirety of the donation is gone and it was spent on speculative NFTs or whatever dumb poo poo someone who married lowtax would buy I'll come by again and act smug. Feel free to be part of what will likely be the last of the great Something Awful scams though.

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Silly goose, you're here forever.

MegaGatts posted:

Sorry, if I give money to kids I kinda want it to go to kids, and not something else. In a year when it comes out that the entirety of the donation is gone and it was spent on speculative NFTs or whatever dumb poo poo someone who married lowtax would buy I'll come by again and act smug. Feel free to be part of what will likely be the last of the great Something Awful scams though.

Shut up you insufferable nerd.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Ok cool go away now.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

MegaGatts posted:

Nice loving job implying that abuse victims are somehow irresponsible or stupid. Please crawl back into whatever hole you came out of.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

the worst case is someone buys a lot of lobster and we get a funny story. most people are out 10 bucks

the best case is we guarantee college for children who have had a lot of tragedy and trauma recently. we turn a lot of pain into something shining and positive.

you do your own calculus but I know mine.

the yeti
Mar 29, 2008

memento disco

MegaGatts posted:

Based on how big a shithead you are I assume you don’t actually give money to anyone so :fuckoff:

Wordicuffs
Jun 14, 2011

MegaGatts posted:

I think it's time for you to step back and re-examine your priorities before you end up like lowtax

MegaGatts
Dec 12, 2004

There Bias Two posted:

Nice loving job implying that abuse victims are somehow irresponsible or stupid. Please crawl back into whatever hole you came out of.

I implied someone who married lowtax is probably makes really bad decisions. Have you not seen what kind of person he was? Who looks at that and thinks "yes, he is the person I should have father my children." I'm sure there are plenty of people who seemed well adjusted who ended up being pieces of poo poo behind doors. Lowtax was not one of those people. He made it abundantly clear the kind of person he was. Collectively modern goons looked at this information and think this is the kind of person they should hand 90 thousand dollars in cash to lol. God drat.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
you should probably just go buy 10 pounds of fatty jerky with your money.

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

MegaGatts posted:

I implied someone who married lowtax is probably makes really bad decisions. Have you not seen what kind of person he was? Who looks at that and thinks "yes, he is the person I should have father my children." I'm sure there are plenty of people who seemed well adjusted who ended up being pieces of poo poo behind doors. Lowtax was not one of those people. He made it abundantly clear the kind of person he was. Collectively modern goons looked at this information and think this is the kind of person they should hand 90 thousand dollars in cash to lol. God drat.

Ahahahaha why are you still here?

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

Goddamn, bro. I was curious about that side of things, too, because I've seen my family go loving bonkers over inheritances/windfalls right after my grandparents died; but in the end I still threw down some cash.
In the grand scheme of things my donation is less than I'll pay for my weekly take-out tonight so it's not cancelling Christmas or anything and it felt like a good thing to donate to. Karma-wise it's not wrong for anyone wanting to help folks in need to do so, but would be entirely on them if they do dirty with it, which I don't think is going to be the case.

You don't have to donate if you don't want to- you know that, right?

demota
Aug 12, 2003

I could read between the lines. They wanted to see the alien.
Chipped in some cash. I wish the kids comfort in this trying time. May Fiesta Cat watch over them.

SuperShmoe
Dec 14, 2003
De-lurking to get this thread back on track: I just donated :20bux::20bux::20bux::20bux:, which was maybe a little more than prudent this month, but I can't imagine I'll ever regret it.

I'm impressed and motivated by others' generosity, and I hope the total just keeps climbing. :)

TLG James
Jun 5, 2000

Questing ain't easy

Donated, because I really doubt there was much in the estate.

TLG James fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Nov 12, 2021

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

MegaGatts posted:

Kernel Monsoon
Jul 18, 2006

MegaGatts posted:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Donated another 100 that this nerd was definitely about to hand over.

Shut up MegaGatts

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Semi-Protato posted:

Take care of yourself, man. I just put in $50 for you.

you're really cool, thank you! I still want to donate when I can though, just found out about this at basically the most inopportune time is all.

though really, that was kind of you. I am glad the gofundme is going...hug wild

Friend
Aug 3, 2008

To be fair, it's not crazy to be suspicious of goon donation drives considering the track record (lowtax needs a new spine and the website might close otherwise, what could go wrong?), but it has been said several times that this money will go into immediate needs and education trusts for the kids.

13Pandora13 posted:

I posted a (brief) update in the GFM regarding the shift in focus, but I will better clarify the new intent when I get a moment to revise the actual description after work.

If we hit a number that will be "tax problem" level I'll work with LA and CYB on establishing 529 Education Savings accounts for each girl and transfer directly to those. Right now the families have immediate support concerns because child support is no longer going to be coming in and SS death benefits to step in in it's place may take a considerable time to sort out due to some unique issues/circumstances.

Granted you have to trust the people saying that, but if it doesn't turn out that way then please feel free to file a fraud complaint to gofundme against the widows and their children to get your :10bux: back I guess.

Edit:

Kernel Monsoon posted:

Donated another 100 that this nerd was definitely about to hand over.

Shut up MegaGatts
lmao :nice:

Friend fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Nov 12, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

threat level tesco
Jul 2, 2007
Donated $35, which is roughly the equivalent of the £25 I've spent on this stupid site. It's hard enough losing a parent at the best of times. Goon speed to you girls.