Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
The rain effects stuck on the camera bug that persists after it stops raining is especially funny for me as someone who exclusively races in cockpit view.

These aren't tears I'm crying, it's just been raining, on my face.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I rarely go into the field, motherfucker.
That reminds me, it sort of pains me that the rain on windshield effects in this and FM7 don't even come close to a game that was practically a ps4 launch title:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmykrAkQb68&t=204s

runaway dog fucked around with this message at 07:40 on Nov 12, 2021

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Professor Beetus posted:

Be careful accepting this invite; this guy literally can't lose.
O that's good, then he can stand in for me since I don't get to play often!

(if you don't know, I am pretty bad at taking corners fast or going fast in a straight line or braking the right amount at the right time and I get lost all the time on the track, and I am just being facetious)

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
Finally getting extended play sessions with this game this game rules.

Runaway Legs
Oct 11, 2012

Not a hat
Fun Shoe
Sent a request to join GRCC as Hyperkowtow

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Does anyone know why our club is listed as a Woodstock Club instead of "FH5 Club" like GNRC is? I mean, I made it in the game so does it denote early access, or does it signify something else, or is there a bug?

Anyone?

Also, I can smell the weekend from here. Can't wait to convoy up, I need helping getting my cheevos. Just two more shifts to go. I hope some of you won't mind helping old Howdy out. I'm basically special needs at this point.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.
How, exactly, in the gently caress am I supposed to hit 140 mph for the Seasonal Open challenge in a rinkydink rear end class A car in cross country races where the averages speed is like... 82 mph.

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Has this been done before?
Soiled Meat
I did it in the Isetta and uploaded the tune

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Dr. Faustus posted:

O that's good, then he can stand in for me since I don't get to play often!

(if you don't know, I am pretty bad at taking corners fast or going fast in a straight line or braking the right amount at the right time and I get lost all the time on the track, and I am just being facetious)

Parker Lewis Can't Lose

:haw:

f#a#
Sep 6, 2004

I can't promise it will live up to the hype, but I tried my best.
Applied to the club as somatoform.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Does it not show anywhere which cars you have yet to photograph?

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

after banging my head against a wall doing this seasonal rain storm muscle car challenge, I finally get first in all races, only to find out it apparently bugged out and didn't register and now I have to do all of them again I could cry right now. I'm just gonna loving buy the stupid delorian I'm done.

yeah 98k, well worth not having to do that PoS race again, no regerts.

runaway dog fucked around with this message at 08:41 on Nov 12, 2021

Mantees
Oct 24, 2008
Hi guys. I am totally new to car games. I bought this one and must say it is really addicting!
As a keyboard+mouse older gamer, I haven bought an Xbox controller to enjoy it better!

But I have toooons of questions.

The most important are: how many cars may I have? Can I have multiple cars of the same model, to store with different paint jobs and tunings?

And about the seasonal stuff, it seems to be super time consuming and difficult to achieve as a casual player. Can you please confirm or deny?
Maybe I will learn to do the challenges faster at some point, but so far each one takes me quite some time (to try, then setup a car, etc), and others are totally impossible (like the arcade)

Porfiriato
Jan 4, 2016

Mantees posted:

The most important are: how many cars may I have? Can I have multiple cars of the same model, to store with different paint jobs and tunings?

Yes you can, and in FH4 the limit was 1000 cars in your garage. I'm not sure what the limit is in FH5 but I assume it's similarly high.

As far as the seasonal stuff, some of it is a bit tricky, especially the races where you have to beat the AI on highly skilled, as it seems like "highly skilled" is a bit overpowered at the moment, especially compared to the last game. Someone else mentioned it but there is usually a stickied thread in one of the forza subreddits where skilled tuners will post their recommended cars and tunes for the seasonal events, I find that helps a lot if I'm stuck.

e: the arcade does seem impossible at the moment because the requirements are too high relative to the people participating, hopefully they'll nerf that a bit, or at least maybe on the weekend there will be more people playing. i did it once somehow in the early release period and have never come close since.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack
I don't get the issues people are having with finding cars for these seasonal events. I did the Muscle one in a B700 Corvette Stingray I already had, it slid around a lot but first place in each race wasn't hard. The Dirt one I used an Alpine A110 because a goon said it was decent and it was fine, 3 1st places first try again, and the other one I used a Ford Focus I already had modded, thinking it was an Dirt race tournament. 3 1st places in a car with offroad tires and springs.

I literally used cars I had lying around for two of the championships and threw a downloaded tune on the first car in the list alphabetically for the other one, and it was fine. :confused:

Yeah the tracks are slippery, especially the muscle one, but the handling changes between 4 and 5 have really made it far more friendly to slide RWD cars around. If anyone still has problems with that, get an AWD conversion with a diff upgrade, then tune the diff to send ~75% of the power to the rear. The tail will still step out a lot but the front will help keep you going forwards. You can apply the same thing to drift cars too.

E: Also, I got both reward cars by doing the seasonals, PR stunts and the only online thing I did was the Trial for 10 points. (which I had a TERRIBLE car for, tuned badly, liked to flip on it's side, but we still won 2-1)

AirRaid fucked around with this message at 10:28 on Nov 12, 2021

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

How it feels when I hit the only tree around that I saw coming from miles away.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtZ-lbXthUc

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

4000 Dollar Suit posted:

How it feels when I hit the only tree around that I saw coming from miles away.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtZ-lbXthUc

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Target_fixation

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

More people might play Horizon arcade, if upon selecting the arcade zone, the game dropped all sort of crazy jump ramps or temporary dirt tracks or whatever for people to gently caress around with.

No ones champing at the bit to play an arcade zone where the requirement is air skills, and the only place to get any air is the one embankment of a highway overpass, or needing to get general skill bonuses but all you can really do is slide around wide open fields.

Regarding the air skills by the highway overpass: there is a small "construction area" inside one of the cloverleaves that has 4 piles of sand you can jump over. You can get like 30 jumps per minute, it's possible to beat that one all by yourself.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

TjyvTompa posted:

Regarding the air skills by the highway overpass: there is a small "construction area" inside one of the cloverleaves that has 4 piles of sand you can jump over. You can get like 30 jumps per minute, it's possible to beat that one all by yourself.

Yeah, I'm just saying so many of the arcade zones are boring as poo poo. Occasionally there are some clever ones, but the majority I've seen so far have been complete tedium and easily the least interesting part of the game.

masterpine
Dec 3, 2014

Requested as 'MasterpinE'.

Horizon games put me in such a good and chill mood. Loud beats and ignore all roads.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack
The arcade stuff is so weird because it’s the one thing that was just better in FH4. The forzathon live events were better when they were more varied, not just specifically “drift” or “skills” or whatever.

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Yeah, I'm just saying so many of the arcade zones are boring as poo poo. Occasionally there are some clever ones, but the majority I've seen so far have been complete tedium and easily the least interesting part of the game.

Oh yeah totally agree. And the drift ones have insane score requirements, the first round is hard to beat even with 3 people, I think it wanted something like 1,300,000 points.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Wiltsghost posted:

Game has ran fine for me since the 5th. All the sudden I've had 2 crashes today.

Are your graphics card drivers up to date? Nvidia did a new release a few weeks back with specific things for FH5.

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

Wiltsghost posted:

It's lame af to rely on reddit but I find a lot of good seasonal tunes in their seasonal threads. Some of the tunes they have for trials make that poo poo a cakewalk.
Can agree on this. The muscle car one gave me hell until I found the right tune for it (Chevelle Super Sport 454, search for share code 155 602 246). Jumped me off the line and I was able to take first pretty quickly.

Also I didn't know you could buy multiples of the same car until now which means I guess it's time to do the Jeep trick

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

^^ the seasonals are a lot of "try with a different car" as well. I first did it with a Charger and It was wheelspin mcgee.. I went back hit it up with a stock classic stingray and was able to win handily becuase it was actually able to get it's (less) power to the ground)

I wont do forzathon poo poo right now till they fix it.
It's cool to hit the round 1: Get X points doing Y
round 2: get a bunch of points doing things that pop up on your screen.. 30 seconds after you completed the last one.
It needs to be a list on the lower left or something with checkboxes.. Hit 10 trees, do 3 drifts, hit 30 mph, that scrolls down as you do them becuase gently caress me the time just ticks away while you wait for the next task.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I had issues with the seasonal runway jump thinking I was never making it but turns out I was overshooting the hell out of it and the game was simply not registering it. A restart is apparently how to fix it

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
How the hell is Arcade even supposed to work? Taken part in three now, all failed on the very first round because there were like 2 other people at most besides me. Does it not scale properly?

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib

Mr. Neutron posted:

How the hell is Arcade even supposed to work? Taken part in three now, all failed on the very first round because there were like 2 other people at most besides me. Does it not scale properly?

It doesn't. If you don't have enough people, it'll fail. Even with decent numbers, depending on the challenge, things can easily take 6/7 minutes out of 10, meaning that there's no way to complete the rest.

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!
What's the deal with the Jag XJR-15? I have two of them and I can't auction, gift or remove them.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Wiltsghost posted:

Game has ran fine for me since the 5th. All the sudden I've had 2 crashes today.

Same and it's being pretty commonly reported.

In both instances my entire PC hard-locked. Had to be powered off to resolve.

My crappy tech support experience suggests they're trying to fix something with the mouse pointer (but clearly failed), since touching the mouse was involved with every crash I experienced.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
How long does it take to actually be able to use barn finds? Seems to be taking several real days but I haven't played a ton.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

I tried arcade once, spent most of the time just going back and forth over the same jump, went to the next area that was halfway across the map, and realized the times werent reset and that I was going to be driving around slowly bumping pinatas. I dont think theres any fixing it because even with easier time and score limits, the games themselves just suck.

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay
Here's to everyone whos rivals time I just beat (b-class dirt):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djTRWEyiP5s

Btw, check this out: travis pastrami

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
If at the start of arcade there's not at least three others there, you may as well not bother.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Kaddish posted:

How long does it take to actually be able to use barn finds? Seems to be taking several real days but I haven't played a ton.

If it's anything like 4, it can vary by the barn find. Some of 4's barn finds were super fast, some other took multiple days

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Kaddish posted:

a few hours each, or you can pay credits to get it done immediately proportional to how much time is left

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib

Incessant Excess posted:

If at the start of arcade there's not at least three others there, you may as well not bother.

But it will lock you into that arcade session for the duration, even if you go to the other end of the map, preventing you from checking the other arcade locations to try and find a populated one...

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
regarding weird stuff on PC, apparently there is a major memory leak: https://www.reddit.com/r/ForzaHorizon/comments/qs2r2y/acknowledged_memory_leak_issue_on_pc/

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

100%. Use RAMmap to clear standby memory after you finish playing FH5 or restart, otherwise other memory intensive programs or games will suffer for it. Example, Hitman 3 stuttered like hell until I did this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Jelly posted:

This game was a 10/10 until I started doing seasonal poo poo.

Literally everything they make you do is loving stupid and unfun bullshit, I loving hate all of it. All of these mini-games like capture the flag and poo poo are horribly unbalanced and dumb as loving gently caress. Not to mention broken.

Just... Don't play the totally optional stuff you don't like? :confused: