Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which horse film is your favorite?
This poll is closed.
Black Beauty 2 1.06%
A Talking Pony!?! 4 2.13%
Mr. Hands 2x Apple Flavor 117 62.23%
War Horse 11 5.85%
Mr. Hands 54 28.72%
Total: 188 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

St. Dogbert
Mar 17, 2011

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Surely there's no need for COVID testing when you're piloting a narco sub?

Even narco sub pilots want to stop the spread… and don’t call him Shirley.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smeef
Aug 15, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Pillbug

St. Dogbert posted:

Even narco sub pilots want to stop the spread… and don’t call him Shirley.

Twenty years on SA trains you well for life on a submarine — cramped, dank, damp, no sunlight, interaction with the outside world limited to squinting through screens, occasional bursts of hot steam.

Insurrectum
Nov 1, 2005

Smeef posted:

Twenty years on SA trains you well for life on a submarine — cramped, dank, damp, no sunlight, interaction with the outside world limited to squinting through screens, occasional bursts of hot steam.

except the insides of submarines aren't damp and you're really hosed in any situation where hot steam is bursting anywhere other than through the reactor

(dank is an accurate description of the smell, though)

Smeef
Aug 15, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Pillbug

Insurrectum posted:

except the insides of submarines aren't damp and you're really hosed in any situation where hot steam is bursting anywhere other than through the reactor

I'll grant you the dampness, but you probably wanna steer clear of the kind of steam that's present in goon basements, too.

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

How do they get the people moisture out of the submarine atmosphere? Dehumidifier?

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

aphid_licker posted:

How do they get the people moisture out of the submarine atmosphere? Dehumidifier?

That's why they have the screen door.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Insurrectum posted:

https://twitter.com/ActNormalOrElse/status/1227646008999497735

I'm going to assume the subs knocked up in a jungle clearing out of fibreglass aren't big on creature comforts.

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Love 2 test positive 3 days after my booster

Now I don't know if I felt crummy on Wednesday because of the shot or because of an infection.

Rosalind
Apr 30, 2013

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change.

brugroffil posted:

Now I don't know if I felt crummy on Wednesday because of the shot or because of an infection.

Sorry to hear that! I hope you feel better soon. Get lots of rest and fluids.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

brugroffil posted:

That loving sucks

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

brugroffil posted:

This is important; did the paperwork with the injection say "Covid booster" or "Covid vaccine booster"?

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Discendo Vox posted:

This is important; did the paperwork with the injection say "Covid booster" or "Covid vaccine booster"?

gently caress

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

If you think you even marginally qualify under your country's booster qualifications, just go get it. If I didn't drag my rear end for a couple of weeks I'd probably be fine right now. If you're in the US and you're over 18, you probably qualify one way or another.

Bel Shazar
Sep 14, 2012

brugroffil posted:

If you think you even marginally qualify under your country's booster qualifications, just go get it. If I didn't drag my rear end for a couple of weeks I'd probably be fine right now. If you're in the US and you're over 18, you probably qualify one way or another.

It's true, the CDC's list includes basically everything: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/need-extra-precautions/people-with-medical-conditions.html

enki42
Jun 11, 2001
#ATMLIVESMATTER

Put this Nazi-lover on ignore immediately!
The one thing I would say with the CDC list is that there's no advantage to gaming the immunocompromised category, since that's more about vaccines not being initially effective than waning. If you have a functioning immune system (or extremely mild acquired immunosuppression like you took prednisone for like a week recently) there's no advantage to getting a third shot 28 days after your second.

If you're 6 months out go hog wild obviously.

Bel Shazar
Sep 14, 2012

enki42 posted:

The one thing I would say with the CDC list is that there's no advantage to gaming the immunocompromised category, since that's more about vaccines not being initially effective than waning. If you have a functioning immune system (or extremely mild acquired immunosuppression like you took prednisone for like a week recently) there's no advantage to getting a third shot 28 days after your second.

If you're 6 months out go hog wild obviously.

I was 6 months out and the boosters weren't approved yet so...

enki42
Jun 11, 2001
#ATMLIVESMATTER

Put this Nazi-lover on ignore immediately!

Bel Shazar posted:

I was 6 months out and the boosters weren't approved yet so...

Oh yeah, if you're 6 months post 2nd for sure, didn't mean to imply that was a problem at all. But Max Titering it 1 month after your second is dumb, especially when there's no information about later boosters and you might put yourself in a situation where you're 6+ months out from your 3rd and unable to obtain a 4th.

Sorry, that was more of a general statement and not directed at you personally in any way.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

enki42 posted:

Oh yeah, if you're 6 months post 2nd for sure, didn't mean to imply that was a problem at all. But Max Titering it 1 month after your second is dumb, especially when there's no information about later boosters and you might put yourself in a situation where you're 6+ months out from your 3rd and unable to obtain a 4th.

Sorry, that was more of a general statement and not directed at you personally in any way.

I don't think anyone in this thread has been talking about doing this, fwiw. I'm coming up on six months on Dec. 1st, so I'm looking forward to another splitting Moderna headache.

brugroffil posted:

gently caress, sorry to hear that. Hope this picture of baby Vala can lift your spirits a little bit today.

VikingofRock
Aug 24, 2008

Btw every adult in California is de-facto eligible for a covid booster 6 months after their second mRNA shot (2 months after J&J). (LATimes link)

Bel Shazar
Sep 14, 2012

enki42 posted:

Oh yeah no worries I didn't take it as an attack

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry god. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now, at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon.

Amen.
My six months was on October 28th and I'm going on the 17th to get my Moderna booster and flu shot :toot:

I'm going to be utterly destroyed the next day, though, if my reaction is anything like my second shot.

Fritz the Horse
Dec 26, 2019

... of course!
My workplace required all personnel to be fully vaccinated by August 1st, which was a pleasant surprise.

They're now additionally requiring everyone to have a booster by Jan 1st. Hell yeah

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
I was trying to schedule my booster today and what the gently caress?? Like, every pharmacy in town is super booked up, some into next year. I have to wait until the 23rd now to get my booster, which is looking like is a pretty timely schedule.

Lame! I wanted it this weekend.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

How are u posted:

I was trying to schedule my booster today and what the gently caress?? Like, every pharmacy in town is super booked up, some into next year. I have to wait until the 23rd now to get my booster, which is looking like is a pretty timely schedule.

Lame! I wanted it this weekend.

My guess would be that we're still in the initial rush of kids getting their first shots.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

Powered Descent posted:

My guess would be that we're still in the initial rush of kids getting their first shots.

I wish there was a physical line so i could go and knock all those greedy children down. Get out of the way of my booster, ya drat kids!

e: :argh:

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Abner Assington posted:

My six months was on October 28th and I'm going on the 17th to get my Moderna booster and flu shot :toot:

I'm going to be utterly destroyed the next day, though, if my reaction is anything like my second shot.

You might be in luck. I got wiped out for the next day after each of my first two, but all I got from the booster was a few days of sore arm.

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Powered Descent posted:

As of yesterday, only 11 out of 47 locations carrying covid vaccines in my city have pediatric doses. As with rollouts earlier this year, this may be entirely a state-by-state or even county-by-county issue though.

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

brugroffil posted:

That sucks, I hope it passes quickly!

Discendo Vox posted:

:golfclap:

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

fosborb posted:

As of yesterday, only 11 out of 47 locations carrying covid vaccines in my city have pediatric doses. As with rollouts earlier this year, this may be entirely a state-by-state or even county-by-county issue though.

My county is at like 80%+ vaccination rate so its probably just everybody and their mother clamoring to get the sweet sweet boosters.

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Stickman posted:

That sucks, I hope it passes quickly!

:golfclap:

I'm scheduled for monoclonals on Sunday. Between the infection sometime this week, the booster on Tuesday, and then that, I'll be mostly antibodies

e: mild chest cough and no smell/taste is it so far! Probably got it from my 2yo since he has has cough and runny nose, and their school shutdown today for two weeks due to the increasing number of parents/kids/staff popping positive this week. Covid times are a blast.

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

brugroffil posted:

I'm scheduled for monoclonals on Sunday. Between the infection sometime this week, the booster on Tuesday, and then that, I'll be mostly antibodies

e: mild chest cough and no smell/taste is it so far! Probably got it from my 2yo since he has has cough and runny nose, and their school shutdown today for two weeks due to the increasing number of parents/kids/staff popping positive this week. Covid times are a blast.

et tu, baby?

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry god. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now, at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon.

Amen.

MrUnderbridge posted:

You might be in luck. I got wiped out for the next day after each of my first two, but all I got from the booster was a few days of sore arm.
Here's hoping. First shot didn't do anything to me, but the second got me good.

John_A_Tallon
Nov 22, 2000

Oh my! Check out that mitre!

ModernMajorGeneral posted:

This seems like an extremely bad example if you are arguing that it doesn't take a lot of deaths to cause social collapse.

How many people were killed in the initial coup? Everything following that was the social collapse.

poll plane variant
Jan 12, 2021

by sebmojo

John_A_Tallon posted:

How many people were killed in the initial coup? Everything following that was the social collapse.

Implementing a genocide of a third the population including the entire modern workforce isn't really a collapse lol it's just a society with really hosed priorities

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Just got my 3rd shot. 4 hrs in I now feel like poo poo. Head pain.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
Got my booster yesterday. Strangely, my usual clinic and most everyone else I contacted had waiting times of two weeks to a month.

Except Kaiser. They got me an appointment same day. Weird, but a good weird.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
Since CA opened up the booster right after I canceled my appointment I made a new one. By the end of the month I should be boosted.

Dick Trauma fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Nov 13, 2021

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

Dick Trauma posted:

Since CA opened up the booster right after I canceled my appointment I made a new one. By the end of the month I should be boosted.

https://twitter.com/oliviadeng1/status/1459226811364220931?s=20

And they can't decide how to pronounce it.

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal
to anyone that wants to say im just asking questions about how it cant be true that unvaccinated arent the majority of icu admits for covid I have a story (its also immuno compromised who have very low vaccine response because of the effects of steroids(gently caress those people are just sad and it hurts because they try and are scared as poo poo) )

If you get covid, dont deny that its real and swear up and down its the cold. Then dont do anything recommended by your physician. as symptoms go to the ER and get admitted for covid in the icu due to the fact that your lungs already show massive consolidation (this is basically the worst outcome) and proceed to demand ivermectin, cipro, and everything else on the facebook wagon while refusing any and all provider orders and testing because in your words "you people dont know anything none of that will cure this. Do what I tell you and no im not taking any of the steroids or letting you give me heparin or insulin im not diabetic (glucose of 400)" Do this for 3 days even when the doctor says youll be dead by the weekend.

On friday as you are about to be put on 100% bibap then start allowing us and listen as the doctor tells you "to late gently caress head" in medical terms. Oh and also keep taking off your bipap and airvo because you need to talk on the phone that we are killing you (as your sats drop to the 60s and 50s each time)

dead by midnight at 52, wife sick with covid because of course so she couldnt even say goodbye.

HOWS YOUR WEEKEND GOING

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
Kid got his first shot, me and the spouse will get our boosters next Friday.