Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
I just got Disney+ so I'm finally getting around to watching the Marvel shows.

I know I'm quite a bit late on all the discussion, but I just wanted to make sure: I'm not the only one who would have been totally OK with WandaVision just being parodies of old sitcoms, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Jamesman posted:

I just got Disney+ so I'm finally getting around to watching the Marvel shows.

I know I'm quite a bit late on all the discussion, but I just wanted to make sure: I'm not the only one who would have been totally OK with WandaVision just being parodies of old sitcoms, right?

Some people seemed to really hate the first couple of episodes, but I loved them and would have been happy to stick with them all the way through.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

I really liked the early episodes but with the weekly release schedule it did feel like we were kept in the dark a bit too long about what was going on.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
I thought the first episode wasn't funny enough to function as an actual sitcom. Second episode was much better in that regard.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I felt like it overstayed its welcome not even all the way through episode 2.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Doctor Spaceman posted:

I thought the first episode wasn't funny enough to function as an actual sitcom. Second episode was much better in that regard.

Yeah I remember articles talking about how they filmed it in front of a studio audience and all I could think was "well they must have been leaning on that applause/laughter button pretty fuckin hard then"

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
considering the number of sitcoms that are actually funny i thought it was just part of the authenticity

A talking coyote
Jan 14, 2020

Sanford and son is the only old sitcom that’s actually funny because calling people dummy never gets old.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Marvel has been dropping series' announcements and confirmations with logos for the past half hour or so.

Secret Invasion
Marvel Zombies (animated)
Agatha
Ironheart
I Am Groot (animated)
Spider-Man: Freshman Year (animated)
Echo
What If...? season 2
Ms. Marvel
She-Hulk (though it looks like She/Hulk, clever)
Moon Knight
X-Men '97

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
New Episodes of 90s Animated X-Men?!?

OK, I'm interested.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

The footage of Moon Knight in the Marvel special looks amazing.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

I hope we get the same level of censorship as the 90s show, gonna make the Scott/Jean/Logan threeple real interesting to write around.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I hope it's just Hickman's X-men but with the 90s animation and voice actors

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
the CG for She-Hulk doesn't look finished, but they only showed a couple brief glimpses of her so that's forgivable enough. there's also apparently some sort of fantasy sequence set in the 1970s?

agree that the Moon Knight footage looks pretty good

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

the Ms. Marvel footage showed hardly anything of her powers, so I wonder if there's at least a chance that they're reconsidering the Purple Crystal Lantern powers. I wouldn't bet on it, but it would explain the lengthy delay, at least.

FoneBone
Oct 24, 2004
stupid, stupid rat creatures
the lack of a release timeframe for (almost) all of these announcements is annoying, they didn't even (re?)confirm Moon Knight or She-Hulk for 2022 let alone anything more specific

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Considering how far off it is I thought the She-Hulk footage looked fine enough for a preview. Obviously not done, though. Always been a little worried about how that effect was going to come across.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

FoneBone posted:

the lack of a release timeframe for (almost) all of these announcements is annoying, they didn't even (re?)confirm Moon Knight or She-Hulk for 2022 let alone anything more specific

Saying "coming soon" for most makes it seem like 2022 if X-Men was straight-up announced for 2023. But maybe they just want to be sure, first.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

FoneBone posted:

Moon Knight has been done filming for a while so it probably isn't too far off.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

https://twitter.com/disneyplus/status/1459198275328692228?s=20

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Echoeing that the Moon Knight footage looks really good. She-Hulk looks okay as well, though I wonder how much better we can expect the final series to look. Having a CGI main character can't be cheap, right? I have no idea what kind of money goes into these shows, so I don't know if Hulk and She-Hulk will look as good as the CGI characters in the theatrical films.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
It looks like they might just be making Maslany green and letting perspective and different costuming/hair/makeup do the rest.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

The interesting thing about the She-Hulk footage to me (spoiler for Shang-Chi) is that Banner is Professor Hulk in it, unlike in Shang-Chi, where he's puny Banner. Maybe it wasn't just not wanting to do the effects for that postcredits scene, and instead we'll find out why he reverted?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

She Hulk traditionally is muscled up and taller but not like all Hulked out. I know she got Hulked out eventually but this seems like its more of the traditional take where its Jennifer getting all filled with self confidence in her beauty and strength instead of Bruce dealing with his anger. So like I don't think you have to do as much CGI work there. Like theoretically if Maslany is already buffed enough from training you can just dress her down as Jennifer, maybe even make her shorter than Maslany is, and then just blow her up a little and let the difference do the work?

I dunno. But I'm not expecting it needs a huge CGI monster for her. But then again we can see that Bruce Hulk is there and we've heard Abomination is so it seems like we're gonna get CGI monsters anyway.

Arist posted:

The interesting thing about the She-Hulk footage to me (spoiler for Shang-Chi) is that Banner is Professor Hulk in it, unlike in Shang-Chi, where he's puny Banner. Maybe it wasn't just not wanting to do the effects for that postcredits scene, and instead we'll find out why he reverted?

We see him as regular Bruce too in other shots so I think he's just gonna be able to change back and forth now. I feel like that shot of Bruce having Jennifer in a cage and telling her that the transformation is triggered by anger is gonna be a whole red herring to Jennifer just having the control over it that it took Bruce years to manage.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Nov 12, 2021

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Is there a place online to watch this footage, wanna see Moon Knight.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Skwirl posted:

Here's the Moon Knight bit specifically:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jiO4RB2K3IY

Vishass
Feb 1, 2004

Hit-monkey drops next week and the review embargo has lifted.

https://twitter.com/TheAVClub/status/1459208261282906112

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Skwirl posted:

You can watch the Disney Day thing they have on Disney+ but the first half of the runtime is entirely skippable as it's just a quick recap of each Disney+ show so far.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Lobok posted:

You can watch the Disney Day thing they have on Disney+ but the first half of the runtime is entirely skippable as it's just a quick recap of each Disney+ show so far.

Yeah don't bother with it until it starts the Hawkeye stuff, which has a bunch of cool new footage.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Arist posted:

My sense is that the post-credits scenes are often done on a much tighter post-production schedule than the film proper, so you might be right on that

WaffleZombie
May 10, 2003

"Identity Crisis" Murderer Wild Guess #333:Prince "Lady Killer Charming "Well, I AM the Adversa"

Lobok posted:

Marvel has been dropping series' announcements and confirmations with logos for the past half hour or so.

Secret Invasion
Marvel Zombies (animated)
Agatha
Ironheart
I Am Groot (animated)
Spider-Man: Freshman Year (animated)
Echo
What If...? season 2
Ms. Marvel
She-Hulk (though it looks like She/Hulk, clever)
Moon Knight
X-Men '97

The Disney+ video also includes Armor Wars, the Guardians Holiday Special, and Loki Season 2.

So I'm guessing next years release schedule might go:
Late January - Moon Knight
Mid March - She Hulk
June/July - Ms. Marvel
September - What If Season 2
November - Secret Invasion
December - Guardians Holiday Special
Maybe throw in I Am Groot, as that was announced a while ago, and I assume the rest will be 2023.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Do we have any idea when Secret Invasion is gonna shoot? Or where?

WaffleZombie
May 10, 2003

"Identity Crisis" Murderer Wild Guess #333:Prince "Lady Killer Charming "Well, I AM the Adversa"

Gaz-L posted:

Do we have any idea when Secret Invasion is gonna shoot? Or where?

It started filming last month:
https://www.cbr.com/secret-invasion-sam-jackson-filming-underway/

No idea where, though.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Here's the brief trailer

https://twitter.com/Pop_Cult_Pod/status/1459226206386233351?s=20

Gotta admit, love the Bill Bixby callback that Ruffalo's doing in the last She-Hulk shot (although it's not him saying the line)

Only registered members can see post attachments!

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

I was about to say, good on Kirkman for getting paid for another one of his projects making it to the screen but apparently he found out along with everyone else. Marvel continues to be Marvel.

https://twitter.com/robertkirkman/status/1459242485142614016?s=21

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

It seems nutty to me that Disney hid an ad for their subscription service behind their subscription service's paywall. If they hadn't offered me a Disney+ Day discount I wouldn't have gotten to see any of these sneak peeks.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Uhh... OK? If we're getting a continuation of an old X-Men cartoon series, I woulda preferred Wolverine & the X-men, but I guess we'll see where they intend to go with this.

A talking coyote
Jan 14, 2020

ruddiger posted:

I was about to say, good on Kirkman for getting paid for another one of his projects making it to the screen but apparently he found out along with everyone else. Marvel continues to be Marvel.

https://twitter.com/robertkirkman/status/1459242485142614016?s=21

Not to defend a giant corporation cause who gives a poo poo, but why would he get paid for this unless they’re copying the comic word for word? They asked the zombie guy to write their zombie books it’s not like he created it.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Jamesman posted:

Uhh... OK? If we're getting a continuation of an old X-Men cartoon series, I woulda preferred Wolverine & the X-men, but I guess we'll see where they intend to go with this.

wolverine & the x-men doesn't get nostalgia subscriptions from 35 year olds

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

A talking coyote posted:

Not to defend a giant corporation cause who gives a poo poo, but why would he get paid for this unless they’re copying the comic word for word? They asked the zombie guy to write their zombie books it’s not like he created it.

And what's more, you know what would help prevent this sort of thing in the future, Robert? A union.