Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Filthy Hans posted:

babby's first moped

I am seeing e-mopeds all over the place; they seem to be a efficient, especially for delivery work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN posted:

that episode of the simpsons where homer buys an suv and everybody makes fun of him because hebought the girl versionb

Someone said that in 2021 suvs ARE the girl's version because men have to drive pickups and it seemed so plausible that I never questioned it

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

Has this been posted yet

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Filthy Hans posted:

babby's first moped

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

https://twitter.com/FilmendeFietser/status/1459130287921803265?s=20

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

It snowed for two days straight, time to get the winter bike out!

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Animal Friend posted:

Has this been posted yet

What's that third one, LA?

Zeppelin Insanity
Oct 28, 2009

Wahnsinn
Einfach
Wahnsinn

Milo and POTUS posted:

Someone said that in 2021 suvs ARE the girl's version because men have to drive pickups and it seemed so plausible that I never questioned it

every woman I have ever met prefers SUVs, at at least crossovers over car-rear end cars

lil poopendorfer
Nov 13, 2014

by the sex ghost

Milo and POTUS posted:

pickups are less useful for most men anyways compared to van or SUV (assuming you can only drive a behemoth). The cycle plays out like this:

-buys pickup
-realizes the open bed means that your stuff will get stolen or rained on
-buys bed cover or tonneau, leaving the dumbass w a big truck w LESS space than a van or suv
-fails to realize irony, is proud of self for the decisions made

real workers drive LCVs w few exceptions

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Animal Friend posted:

Has this been posted yet

if images could be thread titles

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Animal Friend posted:

Has this been posted yet

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Animal Friend posted:

Has this been posted yet

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA

Fitzy Fitz posted:

Wholesome content
Bike Twitter has conditioned me to expect these ending with a driver willfully ignoring the cyclist's right of way and attempting murder.

Like this one!
https://twitter.com/Avidor/status/1458544600537309184?t=4RS92immMxBTCa6flAxzFQ&s=19

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
Found a new podcast

https://thewaroncars.org/

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

poo poo I might have to listen to a podcast for the first time in my life

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

haha whoa

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

mind boggling that there are countless regulations on vehicles but apparently none of them say you can't build them unnecessarily large

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

Radirot posted:

haha whoa

love 2 be in the 99% of drivers in oncoming traffic hanging out in those low-beams for the entire approach

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

who is ready for our green new future

830 HP
0-60 in 3.5 loving SECONDS
18 feet long
over 7 feet wide
almost 7 feet high

9000 loving POUNDS

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

actionjackson posted:

who is ready for our green new future

830 HP
18 feet long
over 7 feet wide
almost 7 feet high

9000 loving POUNDS

lol when that battery catches on fire it'll be like a Fallout car blowing up

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

God Hole posted:

love 2 be in the 99% of drivers in oncoming traffic hanging out in those low-beams for the entire approach

it's incredible how blinding those lights can be, especially when assholes get aftermarket lift kits but don't re-adjust their headlight angles. permanent highbeams without ever actually turning on the highbeams, hope the guy in front of you and oncoming traffic arent blinded!

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Ive listened to this for a while now its pretty good.

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die

actionjackson posted:

One of NYC's first tesla dealerships (it might have actually been the first one?..) is on an industrial, quiet back street in Red Hook, Brooklyn. Since the street was relatively quiet, they used to encourage potential buyers to check out the 0-60 acceleration. It turns out most drivers can't handle acceleration that fast, because over time that street became infamous for crashes... Teslas constantly slamming into fences, poles, knocking over hydrants, etc. just visible destruction all over the place, lol.

here's the street... i wouldn't be surprised if tesla picked the location specifically so they could use this as a drag strip
https://www.google.com/maps/@40.683...!7i16384!8i8192

Polo-Rican has issued a correction as of 19:23 on Nov 12, 2021

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

Polo-Rican posted:

One of NYC's first tesla dealerships (it might have actually been the first one?..) is on an industrial, quiet back street in Red Hook, Brooklyn. Since the street was relatively quiet, they used to encourage potential buyers to check out the 0-60 acceleration. Over time, that street became infamous for crashes... teslas constantly slamming into fences, poles, knocking over hydrants, etc. they ended up quadruple-reinforcing the hydrants closest to the dealership to prevent teslas from taking them out.

https://www.google.com/maps/@40.6835623,-74.0065307,3a,75y,109.82h,84.97t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sEd-hGJV1Y26-JUdjxHsuZw!2e0!7i16384!8i8192

Lmao at the extra bollards around the lamp post too. And the offender is right there across the street lol.

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

pointsofdata posted:

Lmao at the extra bollards around the lamp post too. And the offender is right there across the street lol.

I was wrong, those bollards pre-date the tesla dealership. edited my post :–(

but that street was notorious for crashes. there's a two-way unprotected bike lane there and everyone recommended avoiding it because of speeding teslas.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

This is considered too dangerous to drive on US roads. It is not street legal:

This is considered safe. It is street legal:

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

Fitzy Fitz posted:

This is considered too dangerous to drive on US roads.
This is considered safe.

makes sense in a country that prioritizes driver safety over pedestrian safety

Blackhawk
Nov 15, 2004

Polo-Rican posted:

One of NYC's first tesla dealerships (it might have actually been the first one?..) is on an industrial, quiet back street in Red Hook, Brooklyn. Since the street was relatively quiet, they used to encourage potential buyers to check out the 0-60 acceleration. It turns out most drivers can't handle acceleration that fast, because over time that street became infamous for crashes... Teslas constantly slamming into fences, poles, knocking over hydrants, etc. just visible destruction all over the place, lol.

here's the street... i wouldn't be surprised if tesla picked the location specifically so they could use this as a drag strip
https://www.google.com/maps/@40.683...!7i16384!8i8192

No joke a lot of people have been saying that cars have been getting too fast for a while now. It's bad enough with ICE cars, which have been getting more and more powerful for decades now but EV's are even worse because it's extremely easy to make them accelerate insanely fast in a straight line but very difficult to make them handle well around corners due to the weight, so manufacturers just push the straight-line acceleration as hard as possible as the selling point.

Check out this review of the T*la model S plaid:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hn9QWjxFPKM

That's what you get when a fraudulent company with incompetent engineers and management turns out a production car with over 1000 HP at a (relatively) cheap price that also weighs a million tons. Yeah it goes insanely fast in a straight line but the brakes are absolutely inadequate at slowing down that much weight from those speeds, and because it's electric and relatively quiet you don't get anywhere near as much feedback about how fast you're going. The average shithead driver is ABSOLUTELY going to get that thing going faster than they thought, get into trouble and find out that the brakes and their reaction time is inadequate to avoid a massive crash.

At what point do you say that the pissweak drivers license training and testing in most countries just isn't enough for somebody to be able to safely drive some of these cars?

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

a car that accelerates way faster than standard cars but is also twice as heavy? sounds perfectly fine

Jabronie
Jun 4, 2011

In an investigation, details matter.
I made a turn through a suburban intersection where pedestrians are rare and felt so ashamed to not see a guy walking behind the A-pillar of my sedan.

Biden should be giving pedestrians and bikers guns instead of beacons

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

well it's friday, that means I did a bit of driving, it was so great, check out this highlight

how could you not want this

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

How about this car?

(no I have no idea what it is)

Blackhawk
Nov 15, 2004

Milo and POTUS posted:

How about this car?

(no I have no idea what it is)

Better than literally any other new car by virtue of consuming far fewer resources, taking up far less space and being less lethal to others.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Fitzy Fitz posted:

This is considered too dangerous to drive on US roads. It is not street legal:

This is considered safe. It is street legal:

i'm always told that those trucks are actually fine because they have tons of sensors and cameras

like, ok, but... they don't have to have any of that though

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

zegermans posted:

i'm always told that those trucks are actually fine because they have tons of sensors and cameras

surprise, the sensors can only see CAR

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

zegermans posted:

"I need advanced camera systems to avoid crashing and killing people" is somehow spun as a positive, yeah

Gabagool
Jul 20, 2020

https://twitter.com/abc7chicago/status/1459219504043593736?s=21 this is an act of war!

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
https://twitter.com/cnelliy/status/1458511008469766150

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

how fitting