Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ambrocious
Oct 24, 2004

yeah, baby. strip for carl. friggin a.
Horrible thing to happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Jeffrey when are you bringing back the front page

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Tunicate posted:

Can't believe grover got doxxed by a mod!!!!

hosed up if true, the mod at the time should be held accountable

Okita
Aug 31, 2004
King of toilets.
rip. on the one hand he was accused of bad poo poo that looks overwhelmingly bad, on the other hand it's also possible the power of autism compelled him to tell his perception of the truth when denying it.

~fade to one last somber, muted scaxophone solo and then darkness

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Twigand Berries posted:

what the gently caress

He was also evil originally and was a french fry ruining counterpart to the hamburglar

There is a hell of a lot of bizarre mcdonalds lore

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

I could've gone to Blatherwycke

Shame Boy posted:

hosed up if true, the mod at the time should be held accountable

It was Aatrek

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020

Cup Runneth Over posted:

God he was the dumbest motherfucker alive lmao. They broke the mold for real. Maybe for the best, but his death really does finally mark the passing of the era of a more naive and earnest Internet.

SA is the last great web ancient. Enjoy it while it lasts, everyone. It gets a lot more soulless and stupid from here.

I think bash.org is still around

TrixRabbi
Aug 20, 2010

Time for a little robot chauvinism!

veni veni veni posted:

It's interesting that Vice of all places has consistently seemed to "get" SA as a whole (for better and worse) more than most news outlets whenever it's mentioned or reported on.

I'd say odds are the reporter is a current or former goon.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

Eason the Fifth posted:

it is, and the 5th top rated post is of goons

nvidiagouge
Sep 30, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
Gamefaqs forever

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe
Since this is also a thread for memberberries, FUCKINGTEST if you are still around or even alive, thanks for your entry in the Judohobo photoshop phriday/video. It's been like 17 whole god damned years and I still think about it sometimes.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

lmao

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!

Phlegmish posted:

He was the best of goons, he was the worst of goons

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

Shame Boy posted:

He was also evil originally and was a french fry ruining counterpart to the hamburglar

There is a hell of a lot of bizarre mcdonalds lore

I informed my brother and he replied that, no, we are all wrong, Grimace is a hemorrhoid.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

I'm glad Matthew gaunt is still an embarrassment to journalism even by vice media standards. Do you think he'll retract all the articles where he took lowtax's word at face value instead of attempting to do journalism, now that he knows about his abuse? No way in hell.

Once again pretty much everything in that article is wrong.

it refers to Lowtax as a programmer lmfao

Bedlam
Feb 15, 2008

Angry thoughts

How is Microwave's mom looking around. Is this one of those Harry Potter moving pictures? :psyduck:

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Twigand Berries posted:

I informed my brother and he replied that, no, we are all wrong, Grimace is a hemorrhoid.

He's the suppository you take to cure the hemorrhoids.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

GWBBQ posted:

Well, I guess what we learned is not to do it again.

gently caress if I know what "it" is.

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020
Great Spirit, Maker of All Life. A keyboard warrior goes to you swift and straight as an arrow shot into the sun. Welcome him and let him take his place at the CRT of my people. He is Lowtax, our father. Tell them to be patient and ask death for speed; for they are all there but one - I, DocEvil - Last of the SA Goons

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Cup Runneth Over posted:

gently caress if I know what "it" is.

Yes sir, it's hard to say.

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.

MEIN RAVEN posted:

Ugh thread getting creepy even for an SA thread

https://i.imgur.com/OxKrAKW.mp4

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

I wasn't at that party because I was 18 at the time, but that dude and lowtax had some cringe interactions

gamequoter was my roommate and we met lowtax and fragmaster at a buffet and fragmaster was baffled at that guy being gamequoter

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

With Chris Chan and shadman arrested and Lowtax dead, it’s like the Layla scene in Goodfellas but with Web 1.0 losers.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Eason the Fifth posted:

Bash.org and usenet might still be around but they're deader than these forums, and that's saying a lot.

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time
I honestly thought this was another totally wacky and zany prank until this morning. Can't think of any better way to sum up my impression of him.

I will say that I had a fair bit of fun around here in the past, so thanks for setting up this forum.

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.

Bedlam posted:

How is Microwave's mom looking around. Is this one of those Harry Potter moving pictures? :psyduck:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3961130

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
This is incredibly loving sad.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

the redeye makes this even more terrifying

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

Mr. Crow posted:

So long man, wish you had more opportunities to improve your mental health, if only for your kids.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

so is there a good PYF thread anywhere or are people too upset at the fact they used to say swears here to have those anymore

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

Earwicker posted:

usenet still exists
And IRC!

I think the only time I actually interacted with Lowtax was mocking rec.music.industrial gatekeeping.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I’m John Malkovich.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Excels posted:

so is there a good PYF thread anywhere or are people too upset at the fact they used to say swears here to have those anymore

lmao there is an entire subforum for that.

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

THIS IS NOT A PROPER DIET FOR A HIPPO

Phlegmish posted:

Jeffrey when are you bringing back the front page

Schmeichy
Apr 22, 2007

2spooky4u

Smellrose

MrQwerty posted:

I wasn't at that party because I was 18 at the time, but that dude and lowtax had some cringe interactions

gamequoter was my roommate and we met lowtax and fragmaster at a buffet and fragmaster was baffled at that guy being gamequoter

Ha, I never knew the goon in that picture was gamequoter

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Excels posted:

We swear all the time, we try not to use slurs though. Hope you can differentiate between the two op

Isometric Bacon
Jul 24, 2004

Let's get naked!
RIP Lowtax. :(.

Any suicide is tragic, regardless of how you feel about the person.

He created this place, and it was his identity and legacy, even if his personal issues let it languish. Being so forcibly and publically removed from it by the community couldn't have been easy, whether it was deserved or not.

It has been pretty disheartening over the last few years reading all the unemphathetic hate towards him and glee in his passing - though I see the tragic irony from the classic SA ' go kill yourself' energy, he helped perpetuate. I always had pity for him as a tragic figure in this story, and hoped he could heal for the sake of his family and health.

I can't imagine what it is like to have the collective weight of SA clamouring for you to fail, even if it was his own deeds that led him there.

I don't know what I'm saying here, but I'll reiterate a message we all hear a lot but often fail to act upon: if you're struggling with mental health, seek help.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Cup Runneth Over posted:

it refers to Lowtax as a programmer lmfao

The Sun article calling him a "TV Producer" who sold the site to "yospos" is still by far the best so far

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

William Bear posted:

Good to hear that Drew Curtis paid his respects. Now we just need some words from this guy:

I am in this room, although I'm obviously not in this picture. I believe this is the vegas suite of gooncon 2k4? I left at almost that exact moment and met some goon whose name I can't remember and proceeded to get blackout drunk, to the point that I effectively 'came to' wandering around in a vegas suburb. I hitchhiked my way back to the hotel and had to drive myself and some other unnamed goon back to San Diego. Welp thats my gooncon story thanks.

EDIT - posting this in case either goon sees this and wants to catch up. Drunk goon - I know you returned my cell phone to that store in Illinois, but I never got it back. Other goon - sorry I didn't bring that DVD player for the drive.

I always thought Lowtax was an rear end in a top hat, but I'm not glad that he's dead, and I'm especially not glad that he's dead this way. Those poor kids are going to have to deal with that now, and when they grow up they'll have to deal with his awful legacy

Vampire Panties fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Nov 12, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

A Pack of Kobolds posted:

We swear all the time, we try not to use slurs though. Hope you can differentiate between the two op

yesterday's swear is today's slur, a lesson for us all